Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,772Posts
    • 34,047Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3415
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th Mar 17, 8:03 AM
    • 31,542 Posts
    • 430,414 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Did not see your sums. Stuck at work. Was it 50p for medium.
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Yes...and thanks for trying zippy....
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 15th Mar 17, 8:05 AM
    • 298 Posts
    • 3,389 Thanks
    chocaholics
    Usually a % of value

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    If I remember rightly- it is 30 years ago, I did the valuation at F. Hinds Jewellers as Mum asked me to and I think it was about £80 - £90. The ring was valued at £1995.Was a bit shocked at the time I must say.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 15th Mar 17, 8:06 AM
    • 9,345 Posts
    • 106,003 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good Morning all it's a rather nice day here so far
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th Mar 17, 8:06 AM
    • 31,542 Posts
    • 430,414 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    You can't make it up. Just found out that one of our "neighbours" from Scotland is parked up next to us in the camping ground. Half way round the world....
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    Lovely to see you westie

That happens so often. I bet most of us will have a story to tell about random holiday meetings. We bumped into our neighbours walking down a street in Dublin
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th Mar 17, 8:08 AM
    • 31,542 Posts
    • 430,414 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning lovely peoples

I've been rather poorly recently, but my bloods show I'm good to go for my 3rd round tomorrow.

diluvsdiscounts - thank you so much again for your advice about Ondansetron. I spoke to my Oncologist and asked him for more for the next round. Without hesitation he agreed to give me the full 5 days worth rather than just the 2 days

Hugs and positive thoughts to all those that are going through rough times

And thank you TM
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    Any tips for Cheltenham?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th Mar 17, 8:10 AM
    • 31,542 Posts
    • 430,414 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    The 4 for £5 ales look to be ending today so should glitch.
    I'm at work so can't bring links over or look for comparisons properly but some should compare ok
    Originally posted by wackynut
    Thanks for the heads up wacky.

Time to stock up

Di should be wetting the baby's head soon
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 15th Mar 17, 8:13 AM
    • 3,147 Posts
    • 29,209 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts

I've been rather poorly recently, but my bloods show I'm good to go for my 3rd round tomorrow.

diluvsdiscounts - thank you so much again for your advice about Ondansetron. I spoke to my Oncologist and asked him for more for the next round. Without hesitation he agreed to give me the full 5 days worth rather than just the 2 days

And thank you TM
    That's good it should help get you through the worst few days a little better.

Good morning all

Di I hope your baby arrives soon and safely

Sorry I have no idea how to look at any potential glitches and am in work so cant try any ideas

Hope its a super glichy day for those rebuilding stashes

Tomorrow I am going to SD to try and get the mini free perfume with facemasks I have a card

Enjoy
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Thank you

Good morning di and all the elite. The reason why I declared the value on my insurance for the solitaire as £1500 was because I thought the valuation certificate had been lost, (found now) and on the insurance application it said anything above £1500 must have a valuation. Of course I meant to to do that but you know how it is, the road to hell and all that. The other ring was described and sent with a photo of my daughters ring as my ring and hers had the same size stones in it and the jewellery assessors decided that each stone was 10 points, in other words 1/10 of a carat but my daughter has a valuation certificate stating that each stone is 22 points. They are now saying that they wont pay me for that ring as in view of the fact that therefore its value was over £1500 and since I didnt declare it they wont pay for it, or at least that is what the last person I spoke to implied.
    I do understand that each stone despite size is valued individually but it was just a rough description as I had no photos of it. Its the
    first time in my long life I have made a claim, but wasnt expecting such a slippery response.

Heres hoping the joyful day will be here very soon, bet all your nails are chewed up.
    x
    Originally posted by chocaholics
    So on your insurance what value does an individual item need listing at? Mine is £1000 but all policies are different. Is the ring identical to your daughter's?
    It does sound like they are trying to get away without paying you fully whatvyou are owed but unfortunately in my experiences that's exactly what they are like. Keep fighting them but I wouldn't accept the vouchers.

Curlgirl, our valuations start at £85 but once you start getting a diamond over 1ct or can item over 5k it rapidly goes up. But that is for a full report, photos etc. Most jewellers will give you a verbal valuation.

My advice would be to take individual photos of each item and then you won't find yourself in chocoholics position of having no evidence.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Mar 17, 8:14 AM
    • 46,819 Posts
    • 552,449 Thanks
    bubbs
    I have tried dentastix can anyone check for me at 10.10am please
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-1 stone 13 1/2 lb week 9
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 15th Mar 17, 8:15 AM
    • 178 Posts
    • 2,448 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Any tips for Cheltenham?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Take your own sandwiches and a hip flask
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 15th Mar 17, 8:16 AM
    • 2,539 Posts
    • 33,706 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I can check it for you if you send me the details bubbs.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 15th Mar 17, 8:19 AM
    • 17,897 Posts
    • 191,032 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, cloudy here but sun is trying to break through.

I have just put out a line full of washing

You can't make it up. Just found out that one of our "neighbours" from Scotland is parked up next to us in the camping ground. Half way round the world....
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    The world is shrinking rapidly Most of the time when we are passing through an airport we bump into someone we know, one time we literally bumped into one of OH's friends from Africa, another time we got on the same plane as his cousin

And thank you TM
    Great to see you JTS, have to admit to getting worries. Glad your oncologist saw sense, and good luck with your next round.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 15th Mar 17, 8:20 AM
    • 178 Posts
    • 2,448 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Hi Bubbs,
    I've tried them before, but found they stuck between my teeth
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 15th Mar 17, 8:21 AM
    • 24,616 Posts
    • 293,036 Thanks
    davemorton
    I've just recently had this it was 10 days later the money came out and the refund went in same day threw me a bit!

Will be chasing again they still owe me £50 been nearly 3 weeks now, store have tried pushing it through but its not processing pita!
    Originally posted by sarahskint
    Thats a ridiculous time scale in this day and age! And I am not getting the initial order emails from them. If it was not for them being so cheap, I would stop shopping there
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 15th Mar 17, 8:22 AM
    • 27,688 Posts
    • 402,820 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-0.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Mar 17, 8:29 AM
    • 46,819 Posts
    • 552,449 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hi Bubbs,
    I've tried them before, but found they stuck between my teeth
    silly Billy, take your teeth out and suck
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-1 stone 13 1/2 lb week 9
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 15th Mar 17, 8:32 AM
    • 14,321 Posts
    • 177,241 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Excuse me little Ms Bubbs, no need to be so rude.....we are before the 9pm watershed.....

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 15th Mar 17, 8:33 AM
    • 298 Posts
    • 3,389 Thanks
    chocaholics
    That's good it should help get you through the worst few days a little better.

Thank you

So on your insurance what value does an individual item need listing at? Mine is £1000 but all policies are different. Is the ring identical to your daughter's?
    It does sound like they are trying to get away without paying you fully whatvyou are owed but unfortunately in my experiences that's exactly what they are like. Keep fighting them but I wouldn't accept the vouchers.

Curlgirl, our valuations start at £85 but once you start getting a diamond over 1ct or can item over 5k it rapidly goes up. But that is for a full report, photos etc. Most jewellers will give you a verbal valuation.

My advice would be to take individual photos of each item and then you won't find yourself in chocoholics position of having no evidence.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts

Thanks di, thats very good advice. Will try to refuse the vouchers and also get onto the ombudsman if I have to but they seem to be unmoveable at the moment. My insurance only requires anything above £1500 to have a valuation. The second 3 stone ring had stones the same size as my daughters ring, although hers has 5 stones in it so it was just a rough description. Just looking at my valuation certificate for The solitaire I think I was royally overcharged. The only informati on it is 18 carat gold ring and .75 carat diamond - just the bare bones so I think they got their money under false pretences.
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 15th Mar 17, 8:37 AM
    • 178 Posts
    • 2,448 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    How rude

I'm not even "gappy"
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 15th Mar 17, 8:47 AM
    • 3,147 Posts
    • 29,209 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Thanks di, thats very good advice. Will try to refuse the vouchers and also get onto the ombudsman if I have to but they seem to be unmoveable at the moment. My insurance only requires anything above £1500 to have a valuation. The second 3 stone ring had stones the same size as my daughters ring, although hers has 5 stones in it so it was just a rough description. Just looking at my valuation certificate for The solitaire I think I was royally overcharged. The only informati on it is 18 carat gold ring and .75 carat diamond - just the bare bones so I think they got their money under false pretences.
    Originally posted by chocaholics
    Stick to your guns at the end of the day they are in it for the money.
    Go back to them with a firm NO
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 15th Mar 17, 9:08 AM
    • 2,176 Posts
    • 24,410 Thanks
    HILLBERN

And thank you TM
    Good your blood levels are now up
    hope you will be able to see some of Cheltenham
    Chin up and big hugs to yourself
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,419Posts Today

6,260Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin