Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,682Posts
    • 33,921Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3414
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 15th Mar 17, 1:31 AM
    • 13,762 Posts
    • 219,662 Thanks
    zippydooda
    I will try the dentastix at 12.30 am as they go on multi tomorrow. I'm hoping the multi is active at that time. And I try the apg before 6am. Just trying a different way to get a glitch. But as I said. If multi is active at that time. I'm guessing it's going to be the 7 packets.
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Unfortunately the multibuy was not active when I had them scanned at 12.30am. Nor was the multi populated at that time. So aborted. The multi was populated a little later at 1am and I'm now wondering IF I had them scanned at that time. Would the multi have came of at the till.
    Starting in May 2017, readers of the Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday will be able to earn Nectar points, transitioning from the Mail's current MyMail Rewards program which offers its own MyMail points currency.
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 15th Mar 17, 4:44 AM
    • 4,124 Posts
    • 90,218 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Evening! Well it is here

A lovely 26 degrees in Wanaka, don't want to be typing that too quickly and accidentally missing out an "a"

Almost got tempted by a bungee jump earlier, if I'd stayed any longer I would have signed myself up for a dunking in the river.

Captured the Aurora Australis on camera Talking to another tog, who was on top of the cliff said it looked much better from his view point as it was really hard to make out from where I was standing. Easily could have missed it if you weren't looking for it!

Morning all
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

2017 Walk 4000 miles in a year challenge: Jan: 277.5. Feb:262.6. March 287. April 221.2
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 15th Mar 17, 4:54 AM
    • 4,124 Posts
    • 90,218 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    You can't make it up. Just found out that one of our "neighbours" from Scotland is parked up next to us in the camping ground. Half way round the world....
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

2017 Walk 4000 miles in a year challenge: Jan: 277.5. Feb:262.6. March 287. April 221.2
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 15th Mar 17, 6:38 AM
    • 2,015 Posts
    • 21,603 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Morning good people.....It's going to be a good one....Hope all is as well as can be....Have a good one...

You know where it is...Help yourselves....Work calls....Catcha soon...
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • wackynut
    • By wackynut 15th Mar 17, 6:38 AM
    • 5,393 Posts
    • 109,704 Thanks
    wackynut
    The 4 for £5 ales look to be ending today so should glitch.
    I'm at work so can't bring links over or look for comparisons properly but some should compare ok
    N1LDA
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 15th Mar 17, 6:41 AM
    • 2,514 Posts
    • 33,439 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good morning Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    Sooo jealous Westie. Glad you're enjoying your trip.
    Stock willing, I will do a Sharpie test shop on the way to work.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 15th Mar 17, 7:08 AM
    • 3,093 Posts
    • 28,582 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good evening all, I wonder if anybody know anything about insurance claims. I have lost my darling Mums 2 diamond rings. One has a valuation but not the other. Unfortunately I only declared the one with the valuation as having a value of £1500 even though I know it was valued 30 years ago at £2000' but I thought I had lost it (the certificate) but subsequently found it after I had put in a claim. The other one has no valuation only the decription which I have given to the insurers.
    They are telling me because I only declared the one valuation at £1500 that is all they will pay, even though the jewellery company in association with the insurers have put a value of £3200 on it from the photos I have of it, and of course the valuation certificate and £950 for the other.
    I dont have any photos of the other. The insurers are only giving me vouchers to be used in only 2 named shops totalling £2200 net after deducting £100 excess for each ring. Now, when I have looked online at these 2 shops websites I can see that that wont even be enough to buy the lesser value ring that I have lost, their value of £950 having been put on it, and the equivalent similar ring on these websites is £2400, the other one about £4000.I feel so sad that Ive lost my darling Mums rings, but I am also really angry that I have not been awarded at least the value of 1 decent ring. The complaints department is due to ring me, but I am wondering if anyone can suggest where else I could go. It is supposed to be replacement value but that is a joke.
    Sorry for long tale of woe, I know other people have real problems at the moment, but thinking about my mum makes me cry.
    chocciex
    Originally posted by chocaholics
    Good morning.
    I have read this a few times because I think I must be reading it wrong.
    I'm reading that it had a valuation 30 years ago and was valued at £2000 then but you chose to only insure it for £1500 which is what they are paying you.
    Plus they are paying £700 for the other ring which a jeweller has valued at £950.

If I'm reading it correctly I think you have two points to argue. Firstly the £250 that they have under valued the second ring by and secondly the vouchers forvthe high street jewellers presumably Gold Smith type stores.
    Tell them that you don't want vouchers but you want your local jeweller to source you a ring most similar to your mum's and ask them to settle direct with the jeweller, check with the jeweller first though.

It is very difficult to compare a ring that looks "similar" because it depends on the stone, colour, clarity, inclusions.

I understand why you are upset but once you get the new ring make sure it is listed on your insurance

We see this constantly I served a lady yesterday with a beautiful ring. It had been valued at £7000 20 years ago but it wasnt listed on her insurance, when i asked why she said because the premium would go up....... not as much as replacing that diamond I thought....but didn't say

Still no baby
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Mar 17, 7:12 AM
    • 46,013 Posts
    • 545,771 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morning thanks for looking zippy but does anyone know if schmacos will work, no multi on. Com but is on msm
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-1 stone 1lb
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 15th Mar 17, 7:12 AM
    • 2,514 Posts
    • 33,439 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Sharpie test shop done. Results in two hours.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 15th Mar 17, 7:28 AM
    • 1,390 Posts
    • 13,888 Thanks
    curl girl
    Morning peeps.

Just reading Di's post.
    Wondered how much it costs to have your rings/jewellery valued please?
    May be worth doing if peeps have sadly inherited nice items.
    May look into this.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 15th Mar 17, 7:31 AM
    • 3,380 Posts
    • 44,624 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

Di I hope your baby arrives soon and safely

Sorry I have no idea how to look at any potential glitches and am in work so cant try any ideas

Hope its a super glichy day for those rebuilding stashes

Tomorrow I am going to SD to try and get the mini free perfume with facemasks I have a card

Enjoy
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 15th Mar 17, 7:33 AM
    • 13,752 Posts
    • 235,872 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Morning peeps.

Just reading Di's post.
    Wondered how much it costs to have your rings/jewellery valued please?
    May be worth doing if peeps have sadly inherited nice items.
    May look into this.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Usually a % of value

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 15th Mar 17, 7:37 AM
    • 13,752 Posts
    • 235,872 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning

I was in Vente Privee Kipling sale at dead on 6am this morning

Rewarded with snaffling a Puppy toiletries bag £13 (multiple compartments) & matching Travel Documents Wallet £10
    & a lovely striped Creativity purse for £6

Happy Day
    Our Family Motto ~

• Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 15th Mar 17, 7:38 AM
    • 14,214 Posts
    • 176,258 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    DM, thinking about a road trip to Bruges !
    6 hours drive to Dover, ferry to Dunkirk, an hours drive at the other side. .. Hypermarket in Dunkirk on the way back.
    What do we need to look for in Bruges?
    Originally posted by pippo
    6 hour drive... flip. Is Hull Ferries closer? We've been across with these to Bruge, you get on the ferry at tea time and off after breakfast. The ferry is very nice and they take you into Bruge the next day where you book into your hotel and stay. Returning the same way when you go home.

The architecture is fab
    Last edited by Sunshinemummy; 15-03-2017 at 7:44 AM.
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 15th Mar 17, 7:39 AM
    • 154 Posts
    • 2,060 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Good morning lovely peoples

I've been rather poorly recently, but my bloods show I'm good to go for my 3rd round tomorrow.

diluvsdiscounts - thank you so much again for your advice about Ondansetron. I spoke to my Oncologist and asked him for more for the next round. Without hesitation he agreed to give me the full 5 days worth rather than just the 2 days

Hugs and positive thoughts to all those that are going through rough times

And thank you TM
    Last edited by Jeremiah T Stone; 15-03-2017 at 7:41 AM.
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 15th Mar 17, 7:40 AM
    • 24,507 Posts
    • 292,008 Thanks
    davemorton
    Morning all.
    Just been checking my bank, and Adsa have not taken the money out of my bank for a C&C I did a week ago (7th). Do they normally take this long? TIA
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 15th Mar 17, 7:49 AM
    • 13,752 Posts
    • 235,872 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    Queenriderbrekke was yesterday's smartest player!

22 players played

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Wednesday): History 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~

• chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 15th Mar 17, 7:57 AM
    • 290 Posts
    • 3,322 Thanks
    chocaholics
    Good morning.
    I have read this a few times because I think I must be reading it wrong.
    I'm reading that it had a valuation 30 years ago and was valued at £2000 then but you chose to only insure it for £1500 which is what they are paying you.
    Plus they are paying £700 for the other ring which a jeweller has valued at £950.

If I'm reading it correctly I think you have two points to argue. Firstly the £250 that they have under valued the second ring by and secondly the vouchers forvthe high street jewellers presumably Gold Smith type stores.
    Tell them that you don't want vouchers but you want your local jeweller to source you a ring most similar to your mum's and ask
    them to settle direct with the jeweller, check with the jeweller first though.

It is very difficult to compare a ring that looks "similar" because it depends on the stone, colour, clarity, inclusions.

I understand why you are upset but once you get the new ring make sure it is listed on your insurance

We see this constantly I served a lady yesterday with a beautiful ring. It had been valued at £7000 20 years ago but it wasnt listed on her insurance, when i asked why she said because the premium would go up....... not as much as replacing that diamond I thought....but didn't say

Still no baby
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning di and all the elite. The reason why I declared the value on my insurance for the solitaire as £1500 was because I thought the valuation certificate had been lost, (found now) and on the insurance application it said anything above £1500 must have a valuation. Of course I meant to to do that but you know how it is, the road to hell and all that. The other ring was described and sent with a photo of my daughters ring as my ring and hers had the same size stones in it and the jewellery assessors decided that each stone was 10 points, in other words 1/10 of a carat but my daughter has a valuation certificate stating that each stone is 22 points. They are now saying that they wont pay me for that ring as in view of the fact that therefore its value was over £1500 and since I didnt declare it they wont pay for it, or at least that is what the last person I spoke to implied.
    I do understand that each stone despite size is valued individually but it was just a rough description as I had no photos of it. Its the
    first time in my long life I have made a claim, but wasnt expecting such a slippery response.

Heres hoping the joyful day will be here very soon, bet all your nails are chewed up.
    x
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 15th Mar 17, 8:00 AM
    • 784 Posts
    • 10,413 Thanks
    sarahskint
    I've just recently had this it was 10 days later the money came out and the refund went in same day threw me a bit!

Will be chasing again they still owe me £50 been nearly 3 weeks now, store have tried pushing it through but its not processing pita!
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 15th Mar 17, 8:00 AM
    • 2,514 Posts
    • 33,439 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Morning all.
    Just been checking my bank, and Adsa have not taken the money out of my bank for a C&C I did a week ago (7th). Do they normally take this long? TIA
    Originally posted by davemorton
    DM - I'm still waiting for one on 1st But another one took over a week. I suspect ones where they did not deliver certain items take longer to process. I think they are slightly backlogged.

JTS - glad you're doing ok.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

104Posts Today

1,458Users online

Martin's Twitter