Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,948Posts
    • 34,469Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3411
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Mar 17, 9:40 PM
    • 48,661 Posts
    • 566,795 Thanks
    bubbs
    And I bet those people providing the care are paid at minimum wage
    Originally posted by pippo
    yup they are
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Mar 17, 9:41 PM
    • 14,638 Posts
    • 179,655 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Very True DM, we pay as little as possible to carers to look after the most vulnerable people in our community/ society.

Don't get me started !!!
    We could set up a home care business, given the additional funding allocated it would be a good time to do this.
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 14th Mar 17, 9:48 PM
    • 2,730 Posts
    • 27,545 Thanks
    pippo
    You could persuade me away from euthanasia to the Sandbanks.... but before this it is the cruise ships! Off to google your future home

x
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Might be the cruise ships for me too!
    It has changed hands from when I first heard about it, and although I was impressed at the time I couldn't reconcile that with the !!!!! poor service that the company provided to people with disabilities locally.
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost £9.24
    • MKS
    • By MKS 14th Mar 17, 9:52 PM
    • 9,556 Posts
    • 146,941 Thanks
    MKS
    Yes thats where im thinking of going, bloody hell i eat alot now, wont be enough time in the day
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I am continually told by SW that I don't eat enough but I feel too full to eat more.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th Mar 17, 9:53 PM
    • 25,459 Posts
    • 299,562 Thanks
    davemorton
    Yes they are(
    You can say that again

yup they are
    Thank you
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 14th Mar 17, 9:53 PM
    • 2,730 Posts
    • 27,545 Thanks
    pippo
    We could set up a home care business, given the additional funding allocated it would be a good time to do this.
    Strangely enough one of my 'ex' members of staff has just been in touch with me asking me to be a 'director' in a new care provider business.
    I also think there is money to be made in support planning for people who are self funding or entitled to services which they can take as a direct payment.
    Off for a glass of something strong now as the last few posts seemed very much like being back at work !!
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 14th Mar 17, 9:58 PM
    • 14,152 Posts
    • 222,981 Thanks
    zippydooda
    I will try the dentastix at 12.30 am as they go on multi tomorrow. I'm hoping the multi is active at that time. And I try the apg before 6am. Just trying a different way to get a glitch. But as I said. If multi is active at that time. I'm guessing it's going to be the 7 packets.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Mar 17, 10:00 PM
    • 11,784 Posts
    • 129,607 Thanks
    Anon
    good evening all

Please can I ask the mobile phone experts a question pretty please.

I noticed on 10 ways a link for a EE sim only deal.

I am with EE but out of contract so I think we are just rolling - OH pays for both our SIM onlys. So all OH would need to do is to remove my phone on line - is it that simple?

If I get this new EE deal can I transfer my current mobile number across to the new sim.

when this new sim arrives what happens - do I just put it in the phone?

Ive never done this sort of scary stuff before
    Originally posted by mhoc
    You cannot go EE contract to EE contract. Request your PAC, transfer to A Mobile (SIM 50p instore) or Three 123 sim (neither need a top up). Once your number arrives, next day request a PAC from A mobile and give it to EE to transfer back.

I am just on my way back tonight from A to EE as I got the £4.50 per month deal last week that air highlighted on here.

Remember you have to give 30 days notice on your existing contract (requesting the PAC gives this notice).

Yes new sim in phone and you are away (it is activated when they put it in the post!).

Hth

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 14-03-2017 at 10:03 PM.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 14th Mar 17, 10:01 PM
    • 9,556 Posts
    • 146,941 Thanks
    MKS
    I am now and was then. . But years ago I when contracted out. And I've no idea where the contracted out part of my ni went to. I think I would feel hard done by if someone that has hardly worked had £60 more government pension than I.
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Being se you are very lucky to be in a works pension. Well done
    And I agree with you about somebody that's hardly worked.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Mar 17, 10:02 PM
    • 14,638 Posts
    • 179,655 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    !
    Might be the cruise ships for me too!
    It has changed hands from when I first heard about it, and although I was impressed at the time I couldn't reconcile that with the !!!!! poor service that the company provided to people with disabilities locally.
    Think we will all be on them!

Strangely enough one of my 'ex' members of staff has just been in touch with me asking me to be a 'director' in a new care provider business.
    I also think there is money to be made in support planning for people who are self funding or entitled to services which they can take as a direct payment.
    Off for a glass of something strong now as the last few posts seemed very much like being back at work !!
    And you were missing work... bet you aren't anymore - enjoy the alcohol!!
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 14th Mar 17, 10:03 PM
    • 9,556 Posts
    • 146,941 Thanks
    MKS
    zipster did you look at my working out?
    Can't do it but the raised eyebrow look.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Mar 17, 10:05 PM
    • 14,638 Posts
    • 179,655 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Watching millionaire's mansions... just to driving OH mad with 'design ideas' lol
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Mar 17, 10:09 PM
    • 48,661 Posts
    • 566,795 Thanks
    bubbs
    I am continually told by SW that I don't eat enough but I feel too full to eat more.
    Originally posted by MKS
    Will see how i go , its getting the balance right
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Mar 17, 10:11 PM
    • 48,661 Posts
    • 566,795 Thanks
    bubbs
    I will try the dentastix at 12.30 am as they go on multi tomorrow. I'm hoping the multi is active at that time. And I try the apg before 6am. Just trying a different way to get a glitch. But as I said. If multi is active at that time. I'm guessing it's going to be the 7 packets.
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Thanks
    Can't do it but the raised eyebrow look.
    Originally posted by MKS
    He has seen alot of my workings out
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • MKS
    • By MKS 14th Mar 17, 10:12 PM
    • 9,556 Posts
    • 146,941 Thanks
    MKS
    Yep, if you are assessed as having to pay full care costs, generally because of savings, you can 'self fund' and still have some oversight/reviews from social care. In Bubbs' person's case I'm not sure if he would have the capacity to manage this himself, even via an agency.

If you employ your carers directly then you are considered as an employer and there are now added things like pension schemes to consider.
    And risk assessments and method statements
    • pippo
    • By pippo 14th Mar 17, 10:14 PM
    • 2,730 Posts
    • 27,545 Thanks
    pippo
    Think we will all be on them!

And you were missing work... bet you aren't anymore - enjoy the alcohol!!
    Dearly beloved has just brought me a coffee and a Cointreau.. I am enjoying!!
    We had a couple , lady was disabled, who claimed their 'respite' monies for a cruise... caused a bit of upset, but, as he manged to argue, whilst on the cruise he did not have to cook, do laundry, or meet her social inclusion needs. So, DM, think we may need your cruising expertise to set up our new cruising care company.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 14th Mar 17, 10:15 PM
    • 2,730 Posts
    • 27,545 Thanks
    pippo
    And risk assessments and method statements
    Originally posted by MKS
    Too true!!!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 14th Mar 17, 10:17 PM
    • 2,730 Posts
    • 27,545 Thanks
    pippo
    ok, back to shopping, I don't need anything but think I will do a C&c tomorrow for sharpies, any ideas?
    • MKS
    • By MKS 14th Mar 17, 10:18 PM
    • 9,556 Posts
    • 146,941 Thanks
    MKS
    Again, that is daft, cant they be self-employed/work for the angency, and become your contractors, like a builder or something? I dont know, please dont think I am saying how it is, I am just throwing ideas out there, and trying to extend my own knowledge at the same time.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    DM, I am self employed. If you are genuinely working, you are governed by risk assessments and method statements etc you can't just get on and do the job these days.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Mar 17, 10:19 PM
    • 11,784 Posts
    • 129,607 Thanks
    Anon
    Good evening all, I wonder if anybody know anything about insurance claims. I have lost my darling Mums 2 diamond rings. One has a valuation but not the other. Unfortunately I only declared the one with the valuation as having a value of £1500 even though I know it was valued 30 years ago at £2000' but I thought I had lost it (the certificate) but subsequently found it after I had put in a claim. The other one has no valuation only the decription which I have given to the insurers.
    They are telling me because I only declared the one valuation at £1500 that is all they will pay, even though the jewellery company in association with the insurers have put a value of £3200 on it from the photos I have of it, and of course the valuation certificate and £950 for the other.
    I dont have any photos of the other. The insurers are only giving me vouchers to be used in only 2 named shops totalling £2200 net after deducting £100 excess for each ring. Now, when I have looked online at these 2 shops websites I can see that that wont even be enough to buy the lesser value ring that I have lost, their value of £950 having been put on it, and the equivalent similar ring on these websites is £2400, the other one about £4000.I feel so sad that Ive lost my darling Mums rings, but I am also really angry that I have not been awarded at least the value of 1 decent ring. The complaints department is due to ring me, but I am wondering if anyone can suggest where else I could go. It is supposed to be replacement value but that is a joke.
    Sorry for long tale of woe, I know other people have real problems at the moment, but thinking about my mum makes me cry.
    chocciex
    Originally posted by chocaholics
    Sorry to hear you are having issues. Insurance companies will try to minimise their payout and if you under declare the value of something, or do not include itemised items that they request, they have grounds to cap payouts or refuse to pay (as your premium will have been based on declared values/items). Sorry that is not a helpful response, though it is likely their standpoint.

There are differences between insurers though, so check again exactly what your cover includes - the insurance board may be a better place to ask for advice as there may be some experts on there? If nothing rose, they may have advice on how new for old is interpreted when the price to replace is higher than offered and how you are prove the value if you have no proof.

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 14-03-2017 at 11:33 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,417Posts Today

9,222Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin