Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 12,186Posts
    • 34,894Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3408
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Mar 17, 6:43 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,190 Thanks
    bubbs
    Slimming World you will be eating more than you do now and thinking you wont lose weight but if you eat the right stuff you will
    Originally posted by tweets
    Yes thats where im thinking of going, bloody hell i eat alot now, wont be enough time in the day
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Mar 17, 6:45 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,190 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hello TM and TM(2)
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th Mar 17, 6:49 PM
    • 28,616 Posts
    • 410,249 Thanks
    tweets
    Yes thats where im thinking of going, bloody hell i eat alot now, wont be enough time in the day
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Here you go

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5609421&page=13

Start by looking at the first post
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Mar 17, 6:55 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,190 Thanks
    bubbs
    Here you go

Ok boss i will go to a class though as well
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Mar 17, 6:56 PM
    • 16,461 Posts
    • 192,762 Thanks
    mhoc
    good evening all

Please can I ask the mobile phone experts a question pretty please.

I noticed on 10 ways a link for a EE sim only deal.

I am with EE but out of contract so I think we are just rolling - OH pays for both our SIM onlys. So all OH would need to do is to remove my phone on line - is it that simple?

If I get this new EE deal can I transfer my current mobile number across to the new sim.

when this new sim arrives what happens - do I just put it in the phone?

Ive never done this sort of scary stuff before
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Mar 17, 7:01 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,190 Thanks
    bubbs
    good evening all

I am with EE but out of contract so I think we are just rolling - OH pays for both our SIM onlys. So all OH would need to do is to remove my phone on line - is it that simple?

If I get this new EE deal can I transfer my current mobile number across to the new sim.

Originally posted by mhoc
    Sorry Mhoc i dont know
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Mar 17, 7:09 PM
    • 16,461 Posts
    • 192,762 Thanks
    mhoc
    So this afternoon I had a hair cut - first time in about 16 months
    On Saturday I noticed a hairdressers in town I'd not noticed before.
    When I was playing on deal zippy that evening I found the hairdressers listed via Groupon - this is a very small town and it only has 2 or 3 local places listed in maybe a year so this was quite a surprise.

The hairdressers are not opened on Mondays so I had to wait until this morning before I could book an appointment and I managed to get a late appointment for today - no bottling out.

Then I went to Quidco to Groupon and today its 10% cashback - better than the 5% they were offering yesterday when I was buying something expensive

I bought my deal using paypal as my paypal account is looking more healthy - Ive managed a few ebay sales over the last month
    So with a bit of wardrobe culling, several bags to the charity shop and a few select items listed on ebay - so I turned excess wardrobe into a meal deal, a haircut and a few superdrug orders
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Mar 17, 7:12 PM
    • 16,461 Posts
    • 192,762 Thanks
    mhoc
    I know it's hard to believe it Sarah, but most come through the other side of their teenage years as transformed characters. Wishing you all well and yes we will shout if there's a glitch

And hello to nanny
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Agree - Ive got 2 out of 3 through the other side of the teen/young adult misery so it can happen - eventually ...
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Mar 17, 7:12 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,190 Thanks
    bubbs
    So this afternoon I had a hair cut - first time in about 16 months
    On Saturday I noticed a hairdressers in town I'd not noticed before.
    When I was playing on deal zippy that evening I found the hairdressers listed via Groupon - this is a very small town and it only has 2 or 3 local places listed in maybe a year so this was quite a surprise.

The hairdressers are not opened on Mondays so I had to wait until this morning before I could book an appointment and I managed to get a late appointment for today - no bottling out.

Then I went to Quidco to Groupon and today its 10% cashback - better than the 5% they were offering yesterday when I was buying something expensive

I bought my deal using paypal as my paypal account is looking more healthy - Ive managed a few ebay sales over the last month
    So with a bit of wardrobe culling, several bags to the charity shop and a few select items listed on ebay - so I turned excess wardrobe into a meal deal, a haircut and a few superdrug orders
    well done are you pleased with your hair?
    Where are you having it done for the wedding?
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 14th Mar 17, 7:14 PM
    • 14,397 Posts
    • 242,823 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    good evening all

No the new SIM will be a new number.
    Why not ring EE & see what they can offer you on your existing number?
    I did this with Virgin & now pay a £5 a month on a SIM only deal.
    250 minutes, unlimited texts & 250mb of internet. Which is perfect for me as I tend to use BT hot spots instead of my allowance
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Mar 17, 7:22 PM
    • 33,630 Posts
    • 447,298 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Hello TM and TM(2)
    Good evening to you too bubbs

....and everyone else of course
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Mar 17, 7:24 PM
    • 16,461 Posts
    • 192,762 Thanks
    mhoc
    Sorry I didn't get chance to check today, so all I know is A had 5 sharpies in as of Thursday

I still haven't done a shop for them yet so please let me know if the stock disappears

I used to do the shoebox appeals but then decided I didn't agree with the religious side of it so I gave my stash to the food bank instead. I used to enjoy doing them though, pity most charities say the money is more useful really.
    Originally posted by Arthien
    Ive also had inner wrangles with the shoe box collections and the religious issues associated and I know the situation is not perfect. I came to the conclusion that I am going to continue doing them - I get so much joy out of collecting the various bits - I have boxes in readiness and gradually add to them over the year, starting the week after I drop that years boxes off. Last year was my best as I managed to fill 10 boxes, these went to Eastern Europe where kids have less than nothing - so its the very best bit of Christmas for me, the only bit that really matters - getting the boxes wrapped and ready and dropped off.

But for the rest of the year I also make sure I make regular donations to our local foodbank - so I don't ignore those struggling locally either
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Mar 17, 7:27 PM
    • 33,630 Posts
    • 447,298 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Some interesting stuff in the clearance section here

https://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/all-clearance#first

There's some codes floating about but I can't get them to work on anything
    Vouchercodes have a £5 off wys £20 and there's also one on the home page
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Mar 17, 7:27 PM
    • 16,461 Posts
    • 192,762 Thanks
    mhoc
    250 minutes, unlimited texts & 250mb of internet. Which is perfect for me as I tend to use BT hot spots instead of my allowance
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    A few times a year I forget to switch the data off and I run out of my allowance in the first week
    I did try going into EE but they refused to negotiate - actually wanted to increase what I pay
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 14th Mar 17, 7:28 PM
    • 18,548 Posts
    • 196,021 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Don't know how it works within the same company, but normally you would just ask for a PAC code to move your number.

But surely it would be simpler to just call them as Snap suggested and tell them you want to move onto that deal?
    Last edited by Enterprise 1701C; 14-03-2017 at 7:33 PM.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Mar 17, 7:31 PM
    • 33,630 Posts
    • 447,298 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Here you go

Is AJ ok tweets? I might have missed her posting
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Mar 17, 7:31 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,190 Thanks
    bubbs
    Good evening to you too bubbs

....and everyone else of course
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Are you ok?
    TM do you know how to work glitches out? would those dentastix work wacky posted?
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Mar 17, 7:33 PM
    • 16,461 Posts
    • 192,762 Thanks
    mhoc
    well done are you pleased with your hair?
    Where are you having it done for the wedding?
    Yes she has cut a good few inches off, all the dead stuff off the back. They dry it with the vent brush and dryer so its very flat so its a bit curtain like at the mo - I prefer it more puffy and fluffed up but I can sort it myself to do this.

We have the hairdresser and make up artist coming to the house on the wedding morning - i am first on the list to have big waves put in so I have to be showered at 7.30
    We have an airbandb house for 4 days so it will be the centre of operations
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Mar 17, 7:35 PM
    • 16,461 Posts
    • 192,762 Thanks
    mhoc
    Don't know how it works within the same company, but normally you would just ask for a PAC code to move your number.

But surely it would be simpler to just call them as Snap suggested and tell them you want to move onto that deal?
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Some EE deals are only online but I will try ringing them - mind you the account is in OHs name so they probably wont talk to me ...
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Mar 17, 7:36 PM
    • 50,547 Posts
    • 581,190 Thanks
    bubbs
    Yes she has cut a good few inches off, all the dead stuff off the back. They dry it with the vent brush and dryer so its very flat so its a bit curtain like at the mo - I prefer it more puffy and fluffed up but I can sort it myself to do this.

We have the hairdresser and make up artist coming to the house on the wedding morning - i am first on the list to have big waves put in so I have to be showered at 7.30
    We have an airbandb house for 4 days so it will be the centre of operations
    I am pleased you like it , hope you have a fun filled morning that day xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,437Posts Today

6,246Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin