Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,667Posts
    • 33,915Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3405
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Mar 17, 7:40 AM
    • 31,039 Posts
    • 425,776 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning paw sniffers

Is it the start of The Cheltenham Festival today? I hope JTS makes it.

Just remembered I have a £10 voucher sitting in Zeek for Starbucks and I'm passing that way today
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 14th Mar 17, 7:55 AM
    • 17,622 Posts
    • 189,000 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, cloudy here but fine.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 14th Mar 17, 7:55 AM
    • 5,136 Posts
    • 63,890 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • juju17
    • By juju17 14th Mar 17, 8:06 AM
    • 833 Posts
    • 10,642 Thanks
    juju17
    Good morning

Hugs again for ALL carers

DH got his pension info £126pw Apparently he opted out at one point and has been self employed (Part time) since being made redundant 15 yrs ago

His pal who has barely ever worked is getting £187

Enjoy your day
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Mrsmac.....have you looked into class 2 voluntary nics for your DH?...are these a possibility for him?
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th Mar 17, 8:29 AM
    • 27,470 Posts
    • 400,829 Thanks
    tweets
    Gosh thats alot, but will soon be sorted xxx

Only you

True but not easy, tweets will say it is
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Willpower my girl even though I have never smoked
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th Mar 17, 8:35 AM
    • 27,470 Posts
    • 400,829 Thanks
    tweets
    Gotta be in it to win it....
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Hope they don't win it

......I feel a Blue Moon a rising...
    Put it away what a site to wake up to

Good morning and a beautiful one it is too.....No red sky this morning but a wonderful BLUE sky......O what a beautiful morning....

I'm off to work....Ive left the refreshments on the side...Help yourselves.....Use the BLUE mugs....the ones with the moon on the the side.....

Morning tweets...
    Wait til we meet in the league

Good Morning Marmie
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th Mar 17, 8:37 AM
    • 27,470 Posts
    • 400,829 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 14th Mar 17, 9:06 AM
    • 2,511 Posts
    • 33,403 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Sharpies good to go peeps.

1x Gillette Venus Embrace 5 Blade Razor & Shower Holder (each)£5.00£1.00
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 14th Mar 17, 9:34 AM
    • 3,370 Posts
    • 44,520 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Mrsmac.....have you looked into class 2 voluntary nics for your DH?...are these a possibility for him?
    Originally posted by juju17

Thanks Told him to phone but don't think he will

Today and yesterday I seem to have overstepped in my job role. I am totally frustrated as there are special rules for one dept (which I cant agree)and wondering if it is all worth the hassle

and a mhoc moment breathe
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 14th Mar 17, 9:36 AM
    • 4,237 Posts
    • 44,870 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 14th Mar 17, 10:37 AM
    • 1,424 Posts
    • 15,718 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    O2 Priority Moments
    Remember free coghee from 12noon at Caffe Nerdo, remember to get a loyalty stamp on your card AND also another if using your own travel mug (£1 in surprise, Poundland) I have a print of this email I carry to "remind" staff"

Also, I think the free bag of chocolates from Thornton's have moved AGAIN into main section from the Mother's Day section. I am not sure, but you might be able to claim again
    • Nannylala
    • By Nannylala 14th Mar 17, 10:38 AM
    • 6,778 Posts
    • 110,300 Thanks
    Nannylala
    just passing through and wanted to pop in for a cuppahope all is well with the Elite xx
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 14th Mar 17, 10:39 AM
    • 1,424 Posts
    • 15,718 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    PS Remember free cookie from Millie's Cookies to have with coughee
    • latest flame
    • By latest flame 14th Mar 17, 10:42 AM
    • 754 Posts
    • 1,435 Thanks
    latest flame
    Morning.
    Can anyone advise how long before a refund (for venus razors) should be emailed to me ?
    I refused one sub (of four) on Sunday, and five subs (of five) on Monday. Last night I got an email advising of a £15 refund. So I'm a bit baffled.
    Last edited by latest flame; 14-03-2017 at 10:45 AM.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 14th Mar 17, 10:47 AM
    • 2,511 Posts
    • 33,403 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Morning.
    Can anyone advise how long before a refund (for venus razors) should be emailed to me ?
    I refused one sub (of four) on Sunday, and five subs (of five) on Monday. Last night I got an email advising of a £15 refund. So I'm a bit baffled.
    Originally posted by latest flame
    I think it depends on store, staff, mood () etc. I'm still waiting for one from Friday. Perhaps the refund staff don't work weekends.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 14th Mar 17, 10:59 AM
    • 13,736 Posts
    • 235,674 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

Must of slept funny as my shoulder has frozen
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 14th Mar 17, 11:08 AM
    • 6,010 Posts
    • 81,213 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

I will be lurking for a while, RL is a bit all over the place at the moment, I thought I had it bad with my eldest, but no he is an angel, compared to what the youngest is getting up to.

If any big glitches appear, please shout or pm, I will try and pop on even just to read xx
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March

Taking part in Race for Life 25 June 2017
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 14th Mar 17, 11:27 AM
    • 13,736 Posts
    • 235,674 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    Snap-ant was yesterday's smartest player!

24 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Tuesday): General Knowledge 3 : Average

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 14th Mar 17, 11:40 AM
    • 5,136 Posts
    • 63,890 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    (((x))) Sarah, stay strong.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 14th Mar 17, 11:55 AM
    • 8,463 Posts
    • 52,796 Thanks
    LEJC
    Good morning all..

I too confess to have been MIA for a few days...this RL stuff seems to get in the way of most things that I enjoy...but hey ho.!

I've had a brief skim back and know I've missed lots but if I can I wanted to add my penny worth in to saver sue who is clearly having the most challenging time.
    I am no expert when it comes to the care of an elderly relative other than having gone through the system a few years back with my mum.
    As many of you know she was the most obstructive self opinionated wonderful woman who ever walked the earth...and her view was that she would leave her house of 50 years by one means only....in a box.

......We tried to support those wishes but even my sister and I had to eventually admit defeat and she spent the last 11 months of her life in a very good and dare I say expensive nursing home....it took her 6 months to settle but I can honestly say that the final 5 months were the best .....and we all really embraced and enjoyed the time we had.

I maintain it was expensive but good care and now with hindsight wish we had done it sooner,to allow her more time to transform back to the fun loving person she was many years before.Money so well spent.

Sue please feel free to PM me if you ever need to off load to someone who has been there.... x

Sarah....hoping things sort themselves out for the best....no advice other than do as I sometimes do and think what doesn't kill you makes you stronger xx

In other news....there were 4 toiletries out and only one in last week....the in was a perfume tester vial....the outs a dove pampering creame bath from glitching days a couple of years ago, a sample sachet of body cream,and one of bath oil and a hair dye.

frugal continues with little to report....and there have been several NSD's so I really am hoping that the credit card bill will notice the difference this month...

...oh and we bought a new property!
    seems as though the cheeky offer last week might not have been quite so cheeky as we thought....as they counter offered and we met them somewhere in the middle at £2k more than the original offer.

This one is a doer upper....not sure what to make of it yet but it will grow on me and at least it will keep us busy over the next few months.

But I must now stay away from Rightmove!!!!!!

hugs to all those who would benefit and again wishing for a little bit of sunshine for us all this week.
    Last edited by LEJC; 14-03-2017 at 11:58 AM.
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    November spend £41.01/£40
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    2017 toiletries 50 out 59 in ...£8.46 spend
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

281Posts Today

1,937Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @EmmaDark30: @MartinSLewis off on holiday next month all paid for with free cash for switching bank accounts! Thank you!

• MSE weekly email: Big Energy Switch 7, £5 Next/Zara etc, buy euros now?, 10xNectar, 2for1 gardens, urgent easyjet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's Twitter poll 2: following on, which of these professions would you trust least if you were using their services?

• Follow Martin