Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 12,027Posts
    • 34,678Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3403
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Mar 17, 10:49 PM
    • 33,106 Posts
    • 443,248 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Did your FiL feel happy having carers in ?
    Mum is adamant that she won't have any and has told Social Services that she can manage and will not have anyone. As she would have to pay for all her care, they can't force her to have a financial assessment or accept help.

I am my Mum's only relative where we live.
    I have no family of my own and had to retire due to ill health many years ago, so am expected to do everything for my Mum by relatives out-of-town.
    I have a brother 50 miles away, but he has always been next to useless and now has Cancer himself.
    Originally posted by Saversue
    I can't read back fully but couldn't not comment Sue

I sense your isolation and weariness and I wish some of us lived closer to help ease your burden. I hope you manage to find a little time for yourself soon, just so you can keep on keeping on. I don't know what others have mentioned but please reach out and try and find some help...charities, volunteers, ring your GP, Carers, If appropriate Macmillan, Marie Curie.......

Samaritans are at the end of the phone too...not just for the suicidal but for those really struggling with desperate situations. They will have lists of support groups etc in your area and may have someone who can help you find the help you need.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 13th Mar 17, 10:50 PM
    • 19,513 Posts
    • 253,043 Thanks
    Savvybuyer

So, in short, I think, as of mid-week last week, the time has most probably passed now on the Toni & Guys. [...] I think they will still be around - one here in one M, another there in another - they're still around in M (somewhere) but they are now not generally around.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    I refuse to believe that M ever truly goes completely and entirely OOS of anything.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Mar 17, 10:52 PM
    • 33,106 Posts
    • 443,248 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I've just completed the Insiders survey for the Purina cat food trial.

I've told them Oz will eat anything and isn't really fussy.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Sunflower1227
    • By Sunflower1227 13th Mar 17, 10:52 PM
    • 1,531 Posts
    • 20,963 Thanks
    Sunflower1227
    Savvybuyer, do you know if this compares AvM ?

Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser (125ml)
    Morrisons £4.04 any 3 for £5.00
    ASDA £2.75

Thanks
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Mar 17, 10:53 PM
    • 25,750 Posts
    • 301,673 Thanks
    davemorton
    What else can I get the man who has everything aka me!!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Earplugs?
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Mar 17, 10:57 PM
    • 33,106 Posts
    • 443,248 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Check your Boots app. 50 bonus points for buying any healthcare product.eg Paracetamol at 25p

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/50-bonus-advantage-points-for-buying-any-men-s-deodorant-anti-perspirant-boots-load-2633352
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Mar 17, 10:57 PM
    • 33,106 Posts
    • 443,248 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Savvybuyer, do you know if this compares AvM ?

Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser (125ml)
    Morrisons £4.04 any 3 for £5.00
    ASDA £2.75

Thanks
    Originally posted by Sunflower1227
    Savvy knows everything

Has hornetgirl been making a pie?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Mar 17, 11:00 PM
    • 18,390 Posts
    • 194,868 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Did your FiL feel happy having carers in ?
    Mum is adamant that she won't have any and has told Social Services that she can manage and will not have anyone. As she would have to pay for all her care, they can't force her to have a financial assessment or accept help.

Such lovely sentiments, I hope you only have happy memories.

I am my Mum's only relative where we live.
    I have no family of my own and had to retire due to ill health many years ago, so am expected to do everything for my Mum by relatives out-of-town.
    I have a brother 50 miles away, but he has always been next to useless and now has Cancer himself.
    Originally posted by Saversue
    He would rather not have had carers, but he was so ill that he realised it was necessary.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Mar 17, 11:03 PM
    • 33,106 Posts
    • 443,248 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Well I've appealed my parking ticket. I wrote the bloomin thing out then realised I can do it online.

I've taken photos etc and made a case around the area where I parked being separate to the main large car park i.e. in a gated area.....obviously the gates are open but it's clearly a different section of the car park.

We will see and I'll keep you informed. Thanks to DM, henrik and cheeky PD for giving me the nudge. I was just going to pay it....and may still have to ......but feel better for fighting my corner
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 13th Mar 17, 11:07 PM
    • 6,917 Posts
    • 88,887 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    Well I've appealed my parking ticket. I wrote the bloomin thing out then realised I can do it online.

I've taken photos etc and made a case around the area where I parked being separate to the main large car park i.e. in a gated area.....obviously the gates are open but it's clearly a different section of the car park.

We will see and I'll keep you informed. Thanks to DM, henrik and cheeky PD for giving me the nudge. I was just going to pay it....and may still have to ......but feel better for fighting my corner
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Cheeky?! How rude!
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Mar 17, 11:07 PM
    • 33,106 Posts
    • 443,248 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Called in at another A today but still no luck finding sugar Think I've missed the boat.

Anyone out of Christmas crackers?

The Jacobs cheddar biscuits are half price at 50p....TUC are too
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Mar 17, 11:09 PM
    • 25,750 Posts
    • 301,673 Thanks
    davemorton
    Cheeky?! How rude!
    Originally posted by purpledonkey
    Oh, she sent you those pictures too?
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • henrik777
    • By henrik777 13th Mar 17, 11:10 PM
    • 2,148 Posts
    • 27,320 Thanks
    henrik777

You told them who was driving, didn't you ?
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Mar 17, 11:12 PM
    • 33,106 Posts
    • 443,248 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Cheeky?! How rude!
    Cheeky as in "pert, bold, brazen"
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 13th Mar 17, 11:15 PM
    • 6,917 Posts
    • 88,887 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Aye!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Mar 17, 11:16 PM
    • 25,750 Posts
    • 301,673 Thanks
    davemorton
    Cheeky?! How rude!
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I'll take that as a yes then
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 13th Mar 17, 11:17 PM
    • 6,917 Posts
    • 88,887 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    Ooooh I don't think anyone has called me 'pert' before. What a weird word, looks all wrong
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Mar 17, 11:17 PM
    • 33,106 Posts
    • 443,248 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    You told them who was driving, didn't you ?
    Originally posted by henrik777
    You either mean "I hope you told them who was driving ?" Or " I hope you didn't tell them who was driving did you?"

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Mar 17, 11:17 PM
    • 33,106 Posts
    • 443,248 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Ooooh I don't think anyone has called me 'pert' before. What a weird word, looks all wrong
    It looks fine to me I'm an Ex pert
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Mar 17, 11:23 PM
    • 33,106 Posts
    • 443,248 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Unsure if you are around Sarah but thinking of you too
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,043Users online

Martin's Twitter