Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,879Posts
    • 34,364Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3396
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Mar 17, 11:36 AM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 17,874 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    My HD still at out for delivery even though delivered hours ago, may be waiting for driver to return to base. Sorry
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 13th Mar 17, 11:49 AM
    • 1,665 Posts
    • 16,301 Thanks
    curl girl
    All are now on my App apart from Mr Shoes.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    No...
    My offer is a £1 lunch at a campus event 34 miles away!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 13th Mar 17, 12:12 PM
    • 2,220 Posts
    • 24,800 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Sorry bit late for midday deadlines results just in, sharpies good to go 😃
    • gocat
    • By gocat 13th Mar 17, 12:24 PM
    • 4,570 Posts
    • 51,607 Thanks
    gocat
    Has anyone got the £1 personal pizza from Dominoies via 02 app please. Is it tiny. Is it worth it ?

tia
    • newbie1980
    • By newbie1980 13th Mar 17, 12:34 PM
    • 1,807 Posts
    • 22,412 Thanks
    newbie1980
    Has anyone got the £1 personal pizza from Dominoies via 02 app please. Is it tiny. Is it worth it ?

tia
    Originally posted by gocat
    its 4 slices about 7 inches diameter and not too bad ideal for lunch on its own or tea with some chips or the like
    Last edited by newbie1980; 13-03-2017 at 12:38 PM.
    • CM66
    • By CM66 13th Mar 17, 12:34 PM
    • 450 Posts
    • 2,589 Thanks
    CM66
    Do you mean APG or vouchers? Is your order showing as collected? If yes, have you checked the APG and clicked the 'get voucher' button?
    Originally posted by pacifica9

Yes the order is showing as collected, should it show that i rejected the sharpies? I'm expecting £20 to be refunded to my card for those.

I've checked the APG and clicked the 'get voucher' button (i did it again and it said whoops you've already requested this) but the vouchers aren't in my account. I thought they usually go in within 24 hours?
    • ChelseaFred
    • By ChelseaFred 13th Mar 17, 12:38 PM
    • 344 Posts
    • 4,702 Thanks
    ChelseaFred
    Embassy is that Bernard Manning's club or was ?
    Originally posted by tweets
    Been there, many moons ago
    Tiny place, the big man was there himself.
    16 of us, had to sit round a small bar table, each round was the same, couldn't change it.
    Beer was 1% as they didn't want any trouble!

ChelseaFred
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 13th Mar 17, 12:42 PM
    • 2,568 Posts
    • 33,989 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Yes the order is showing as collected, should it show that i rejected the sharpies? I'm expecting £20 to be refunded to my card for those.

I've checked the APG and clicked the 'get voucher' button (i did it again and it said whoops you've already requested this) but the vouchers aren't in my account. I thought they usually go in within 24 hours?
    Originally posted by CM66
    No it won't show sharpies as rejected. APG is usually there to check within 24 hours - vouchers can take up to 7 days. Your vouchers will probably be through later today/tomorrow. Your refund may take a few days longer.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • ChelseaFred
    • By ChelseaFred 13th Mar 17, 12:43 PM
    • 344 Posts
    • 4,702 Thanks
    ChelseaFred
    Monday night 9:45pm after the Reds game...If they win we might be meeting in the next round

1 Chelsea or Manchester United

2 Manchester City

3 Tottenham

4 Arsenal Lincoln...
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    MysticFred predicts the Semi Finals:-
    Arsenal v Spurs
    Chelsea v Man City

and Chelsea to beat the Gooners 2-0 in the Final

(I might be a bit biased)

Tough match tonight though

ChelseaFred
    • gocat
    • By gocat 13th Mar 17, 12:56 PM
    • 4,570 Posts
    • 51,607 Thanks
    gocat
    its 4 slices about 7 inches diameter and not too bad ideal for lunch on its own or tea with some chips or the like
    Originally posted by newbie1980
    Thanks, will take a wander up the road and try it out. Never noticed it before and there is a dominoes 5 mins walk from mums. Hope they have wifi in there or else the voucher wont show.
    • i been robbed
    • By i been robbed 13th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 8,496 Thanks
    i been robbed
    good afternoon,

don't know if its been mentioned, i'am only part timer here.

Bonne Maman jam is on green jinn £1.00 reward and is also on shopitiz
    £0.25 reward

sains £1.70

waits £1.71

making 45/46p each
    • latest flame
    • By latest flame 13th Mar 17, 1:43 PM
    • 856 Posts
    • 1,643 Thanks
    latest flame
    Been there, many moons ago
    Tiny place, the big man was there himself.
    16 of us, had to sit round a small bar table, each round was the same, couldn't change it.
    Beer was 1% as they didn't want any trouble!

ChelseaFred
    Originally posted by ChelseaFred
    J W Lees, was the brewery.
    I must have paid for a gallon, bloody rubbish.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Mar 17, 2:16 PM
    • 15,765 Posts
    • 187,179 Thanks
    mhoc
    Afternoon all – inappropriate hugs to everyone who needs them, the Elite must be made of very stern stuff to cope with everything that is thrown at us.
    I am forcing myself, now I have caught up with the domestic drudgery, forcing myself outside, heavily covered up, thinking some UV rays and some light gardening might restore the equilibrium.
    Eldest child and her BFs wedding week is looming, it has taken 15 months in the planning and it is organised within an inch of its life so I have no qualms about last minute hitches, eldest child and BF are in very good spirits but I don’t know how they are going to concentrate on work this week …
    We were due to have eldest son here this afternoon, possibly even his GF but we knew in reality this was doubtful, I think their weekend guests are still in residence. Eldest son did talk to his dad this morning though, it seems that GFs interview on Friday went very well and the next step seems to be flat hunting again. Eldest son got his new posting a few months back, due to start July or earlier and it was not where they were expecting. It has meant GF job hunting again as it’s a long way from Brum and then they will both relocate. They are both very resilient and will cope with the move well enough – or at least GF will as she is the sensible, confident down to earth one!
    We are going to miss them both dreadfully but we just have to adapt.
    I did ask Eldest son this morning if there was any news but he had no idea what I was on about – so I am not sure if GF has got the new job or not. Or if I am supposed to know or what it is I am not supposed to know about 
    So I am sending down GFs birthday card today but her present refuses to get into a jiffy bag, too bulky so it will have to wait until we see them in York at the end of next week.
    Its OHs birthday today – he says just waking up every morning and finding you are still alive is a gift at our age  LOL. He has a few presents to unwrap but actually its all stuff he knows about so the unwrapping photos will be just for the sake of FB photos for the kids.
    He got a birthday card from GFs dad and step mum – OH sents over memory sticks with downloads of train magazines for GFs dad which they are both into  - Very sweet of them to send a card.
    He also got cards and breakfast bought him at work and someone gave him a Thomas Tank engine easter egg 
    He has had a birthday card in the post from Errant youngest son, goodness knows where it has been, looks like it has been dropped in a muddy puddle. He never sends cards or acknowledges birthdays but eldest child said she had a nag at him.
    Errant son who has been living in his van since his flat lease expired and also jobless – he and his GF (who has been over in the Uk for 6 months on a visitors visa) have gone back to the Philippines for a few weeks and they are due to get married sometime this week, no idea where or when or how. They met Christmas 2015 and got engaged March 2016 – Errant son is estranged from us, shut us out of his life totally although he still rings and messages his brother and sister sometimes. We only know anything through third hand information and things that are posted on facebook occasionally. Errant son is due back in the Uk possibly the day before his sisters and her BFs wedding - well that’s the plan, have to see if it happens as they missed their flights going out.
    Headache tablet time
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Mar 17, 2:34 PM
    • 28,000 Posts
    • 405,319 Thanks
    tweets
    MysticFred predicts the Semi Finals:-
    Arsenal v Spurs
    Chelsea v Man City

and Chelsea to beat the Gooners 2-0 in the Final

(I might be a bit biased)

Tough match tonight though

ChelseaFred
    Originally posted by ChelseaFred
    After seeing United got no strikers I am not holding out much hope

But got to be positive and cheer my team
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Mar 17, 2:40 PM
    • 28,000 Posts
    • 405,319 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Afternoon
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • bcw123
    • By bcw123 13th Mar 17, 3:39 PM
    • 898 Posts
    • 13,096 Thanks
    bcw123
    afternoon all just visited asda burgh heath and I think they have restocked razors but I cannot remember what they look like any one got a picture that I can compare
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 13th Mar 17, 3:46 PM
    • 6,894 Posts
    • 88,687 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    I'm gutted today. I knew Cake International is at the NEC this weekend, but they've just announced that they've partnered with MCM. So one entry ticket gets you into: Cake International, Comic Con AND a Hobbycraft show. If I'd know, I would've booked a train ticket - as it is £28 for a train fare, plus a ticket is waaaaay too much money.

Probably for the best though as I don't get paid for another 2 weeks and I would rinse my bank account at an event like that

Hiya
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Mar 17, 3:51 PM
    • 47,892 Posts
    • 561,056 Thanks
    bubbs
    afternoon all just visited asda burgh heath and I think they have restocked razors but I cannot remember what they look like any one got a picture that I can compare
    Originally posted by bcw123
    http://duetogsaij514.cloudfront.net/images/products/11/LN_605651_BP_11.jpg

Click that link you will see it
    Afternoon all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-2 stone 8 1/2 lb week 13
    • latest flame
    • By latest flame 13th Mar 17, 3:51 PM
    • 856 Posts
    • 1,643 Thanks
    latest flame
    Originally posted by bcw123
    • locarr
    • By locarr 13th Mar 17, 4:27 PM
    • 7,711 Posts
    • 137,497 Thanks
    locarr
    Afternoon ALL!
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

880Posts Today

7,389Users online

Martin's Twitter