Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,884Posts
    • 34,377Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3392
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 12th Mar 17, 7:59 PM
    • 2,141 Posts
    • 22,928 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    I am watching Robot Wars
    Originally posted by tweets
    Are the reds playing now.....
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Mar 17, 8:00 PM
    • 32,192 Posts
    • 435,901 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Todays baking
    Bakewell type tray bake

Fruit cake one for us , one for customer tomorrow
    Quiche as i had eggs and bacon and few mushrooms that needed using

And finally these yorkies for tea with roast beef and veg
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Oh bubbs it all looks delicious. I seriously need a slice of that fruitcake
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 12th Mar 17, 8:02 PM
    • 2,141 Posts
    • 22,928 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    City have no future never have

Knowing our luck we will get you in the next round when we beat chelski tomorrow. Also I keep looking for the rearranged league match and hoping its not early Sunday or will be I will miss next Sundays match against Middlesbrough and the rearranged match against Swansea grr end april cant get home from mums til about 1-30pm
    Monday night 9:45pm after the Reds game...If they win we might be meeting in the next round

1 Chelsea or Manchester United

2 Manchester City

3 Tottenham

4 Arsenal Lincoln...
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Mar 17, 8:02 PM
    • 32,192 Posts
    • 435,901 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Evening all
    Well my get up and go came back, so when DH got back from taking mil shopping we started the jobs in the garden. He cleaned the outside of the conservatory while I sorted out the many pots and hanging baskets and swept up all the leaves that had accumulated. I'm amazed at how many of the fuchsias and geraniums have survived and are growing already. I just had to cut off the dead bits.
    I tied up the huge jasmine, and fixed some wire netting to the top of part of the fence, (cat anti escape measure, lol). Having stacked everything on one side of the garden, DH broke out the karcher and cleaned most of the patio. I took over and cleaned the patio table and chairs. Goodness knows how much our water bill will be .
    Knackered now, so gas fire on as we're both cold, coffee, and telly evening ahead. I've got my feet up on the recliner as my ankle is still painful 9 months after I broke it. Been told painkillers, rest when it hurts, and patience, which I seem to be a bit short of
    rose, so sorry to read about your flood. The only upside is that you get your new kitchen and bathroom, and all your decorating done.
    N x
    Originally posted by Naebbirac
    My geraniums have survived too and have green leaves growing at the top. I'm tempted to cut them right back or else they will be leggy. What do you think N?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Mar 17, 8:07 PM
    • 47,979 Posts
    • 561,580 Thanks
    bubbs
    Oh bubbs it all looks delicious. I seriously need a slice of that fruitcake
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Thanks, im just thinking of having a slice with a cuppa , will cut you one too
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-2 stone 8 1/2 lb week 13
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 12th Mar 17, 8:08 PM
    • 2,236 Posts
    • 24,920 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Evening all,
    I hadn't been able to catch up properly so only skim reading.
    Sarah Grrrrrrrrrrrr with teenagers we have problems with our 16year old GS who lives with us
    Rose..im so sorry for your flood, we had a house fire 17years ago only one room where the fire was but the whole house had smoke. Had assessors, builders and decorators in ..it took ages but we got there in the end as you will also.
    Tweets sorry your feeling unwell
    Bubbs the baking looks great...my niece is coming over Tuesday with her toddler and 5 week old baby- I offered to have baking session with the toddler, so hoping the cakes look as good as yours.
    Quick trip into town resulted in bargains in A
    Decaf coffee 23p
    Big bottle wul 19p
    Shower wash 10p
    as well as many of the other items already mentioned.
    Johnson baby wash under £1, not sure of actual price
    an item I missed as none left on the shelf - the man in front of us at the till had 16 pkt of shades quilted loo rolls £2.50.
    went HB bought 1 pkt of the buttons- ideal for Tuesday baking session
    Cardmarket for free mums day card - O2 priority
    Thorntons free chocs " "

So good shopping expedition...but no sharpies in stock, might have to do a HD for tomorrow
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Mar 17, 8:14 PM
    • 28,024 Posts
    • 405,495 Thanks
    tweets
    Are the reds playing now.....
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Don't be cheeky

You know they on BBC1 tomorrow night
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Mar 17, 8:18 PM
    • 28,024 Posts
    • 405,495 Thanks
    tweets
    Monday night 9:45pm after the Reds game...If they win we might be meeting in the next round

1 Chelsea or Manchester United

2 Manchester City

3 Tottenham

4 Arsenal Lincoln...
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Yes I agree Lincoln should still be in it
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 12th Mar 17, 8:21 PM
    • 2,236 Posts
    • 24,920 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Yes thanks bubbs, just having problems with youngest child now, he turned 14 couple weeks ago, not sure he will make it to 15, causing us lots of grief
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Kids grrrrrr
    I had it with mine now I have it with GS who lives with us...
    September after 1 week back at school he was expelled although we had had problems during the previous school year...he is now at a short stay school. I don't know if they have these in your area...because he is in his exam year he couldn't be integrated into main stream school..
    These schools are good, but they have all the worst children there!! and talk about influence, all the bad things he is soaking it all up
    His saying at present is You're not my keeper, I'll do what I want when I want......He has no respect and no regard for authority, and im at my wits end.
    So Sarah I can empathize with you
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Mar 17, 8:21 PM
    • 28,024 Posts
    • 405,495 Thanks
    tweets
    Evening all,
    I hadn't been able to catch up properly so only skim reading.
    Sarah Grrrrrrrrrrrr with teenagers we have problems with our 16year old GS who lives with us
    Rose..im so sorry for your flood, we had a house fire 17years ago only one room where the fire was but the whole house had smoke. Had assessors, builders and decorators in ..it took ages but we got there in the end as you will also.
    Tweets sorry your feeling unwell
    Bubbs the baking looks great...my niece is coming over Tuesday with her toddler and 5 week old baby- I offered to have baking session with the toddler, so hoping the cakes look as good as yours.
    Quick trip into town resulted in bargains in A
    Decaf coffee 23p
    Big bottle wul 19p
    Shower wash 10p
    as well as many of the other items already mentioned.
    Johnson baby wash under £1, not sure of actual price
    an item I missed as none left on the shelf - the man in front of us at the till had 16 pkt of shades quilted loo rolls £2.50.
    went HB bought 1 pkt of the buttons- ideal for Tuesday baking session
    Cardmarket for free mums day card - O2 priority
    Thorntons free chocs " "

So good shopping expedition...but no sharpies in stock, might have to do a HD for tomorrow
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    Feel a bit better now thanks , I was tired this morning wanted to turn over and go back to sleep but couldn't risk being late at mums lol.

Bones not aching just snotty snitch
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Mar 17, 8:26 PM
    • 28,024 Posts
    • 405,495 Thanks
    tweets
    Kids grrrrrr
    I had it with mine now I have it with GS who lives with us...
    September after 1 week back at school he was expelled although we had had problems during the previous school year...he is now at a short stay school. I don't know if they have these in your area...because he is in his exam year he couldn't be integrated into main stream school..
    These schools are good, but they have all the worst children there!! and talk about influence, all the bad things he is soaking it all up
    His saying at present is You're not my keeper, I'll do what I want when I want......He has no respect and no regard for authority, and im at my wits end.
    So Sarah I can empathize with you
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    Hope he grows out of it HILLBERN

Don't know if this applies to other schools but the last 3 I have worked in the naughty kids seem to get thought of better than the good kids, The teachers seem to mollycoddle them and they get their dinners first . I personally would make them wait til last for their dinner .
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Mar 17, 8:27 PM
    • 28,024 Posts
    • 405,495 Thanks
    tweets
    About time a good singer
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Mar 17, 8:37 PM
    • 47,979 Posts
    • 561,580 Thanks
    bubbs
    About time a good singer
    The lad? he was good
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• miss_corerupted
    • By miss_corerupted 12th Mar 17, 8:41 PM
    • 3,461 Posts
    • 28,512 Thanks
    miss_corerupted
    Working all over London, walking a lot to hatch eggs/earn candies and only recently using a radar to find the super rares and following Twitter groups to find out where the nests are. I just want an Unown
    Originally posted by purpledonkey

There are Twitter groups for this!! I've only been around SE Wales. I got 3 more from Cardiff the other day.

3 have had 3 sets of twin lambs so far
    I have dyslexia, so get used to my spelling and grammar
    Mortgage pay off date 11/2028. Target 12/2020
    Current Balance £33921
    Declutter 2123/2016
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Mar 17, 8:51 PM
    • 47,979 Posts
    • 561,580 Thanks
    bubbs
    I'm on fire , on f f f f fire
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 12th Mar 17, 8:56 PM
    • 3,497 Posts
    • 45,934 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Sarah and Hillbern I hope the lads sort themselves out soon it must be so difficult. Most kids do turn things around. My friend sent hers back to their dad who lived at the other end of the country after the divorce. They are now two of the nicest young men I know

Bulbs. All the baking looks fab and I will be happy to have a bit if fruit cake. Yum
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Mar 17, 8:57 PM
    • 28,024 Posts
    • 405,495 Thanks
    tweets
    The lad? he was good
    He was the only singer of Gavin's I liked
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Mar 17, 8:57 PM
    • 47,979 Posts
    • 561,580 Thanks
    bubbs
    Sarah and Hillbern I hope the lads sort themselves out soon it must be so difficult. Most kids do turn things around. My friend sent hers back to their dad who lived at the other end of the country after the divorce. They are now two of the nicest young men I know

Bulbs. All the baking looks fab and I will be happy to have a bit if fruit cake. Yum
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Thanks , On its way
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

• latest flame
    • By latest flame 12th Mar 17, 8:59 PM
    • 856 Posts
    • 1,643 Thanks
    latest flame
    Embassy is that Bernard Manning's club or was ?
    Thats the one.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 12th Mar 17, 9:12 PM
    • 9,532 Posts
    • 146,732 Thanks
    MKS
    Todays baking
    Bakewell type tray bake

Fruit cake one for us , one for customer tomorrow
    Quiche as i had eggs and bacon and few mushrooms that needed using

And finally these yorkies for tea with roast beef and veg
    You are a flipping kitchen marvel.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,747Posts Today

9,011Users online

Martin's Twitter