Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,944Posts
    • 34,466Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3387
    • Naebbirac
    • By Naebbirac 12th Mar 17, 11:49 AM
    • 2,005 Posts
    • 38,373 Thanks
    Naebbirac
    Good morning all.
    Overcast but bright here today. I had an early start this morning. Woke up with a jump at 0500. and couldn't get back to sleep.
    I've been busy. Spag bol, butternut squash soup, and a black cherry pie cooked.
    Kitchen blitzed, cats fed, litter tray cleaned, stash tidied, floors hoovered and the houseplants watered.
    I'm sitting with a coffee and contemplating the other jobs I need to do.The freezers need defrosting(why didn't I buy frost free) the patio needs 'karchering', as do the patio table and chairs, and the plant pots need sorting out. The shed needs a tidy out too.
    Unfortunately my get up and go has got up and gone.
    Hope you are all well.
    N x
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 9 516 target £250

2 years 'fag free'
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 12th Mar 17, 12:26 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 34,104 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good afternoon Elite.
    Hope everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    The sun is shining here. Enjoy what's left of your weekend.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Mar 17, 12:30 PM
    • 48,567 Posts
    • 566,088 Thanks
    bubbs
    Good morning all.
    Overcast but bright here today. I had an early start this morning. Woke up with a jump at 0500. and couldn't get back to sleep.
    I've been busy. Spag bol, butternut squash soup, and a black cherry pie cooked.
    Kitchen blitzed, cats fed, litter tray cleaned, stash tidied, floors hoovered and the houseplants watered.
    I'm sitting with a coffee and contemplating the other jobs I need to do.The freezers need defrosting(why didn't I buy frost free) the patio needs 'karchering', as do the patio table and chairs, and the plant pots need sorting out. The shed needs a tidy out too.
    Unfortunately my get up and go has got up and gone.
    Hope you are all well.
    N x
    Originally posted by Naebbirac
    Hello N
    Gosh you have been busy, chill for a bit , then your get up and go might return for a visit
    Good afternoon Elite.
    Hope everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    The sun is shining here. Enjoy what's left of your weekend.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    Will you all stop saying how nice it is please

Well i have showered, mended dh's work trousers (and a pair of jogging bottom things he has been asking me for about 12 months) work trousers he only asked me Friday so thats good
    Now i have a bacon sarnie
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 12th Mar 17, 12:34 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 34,104 Thanks
    pacifica9
    [QUOTE=bubbs;72239782]Will you all stop saying how nice it is please

[QUOTE]

If it helps bubbs, I think it's due to rain here this afternoon.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 12th Mar 17, 12:36 PM
    • 6,265 Posts
    • 83,498 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Afternoon everyone.

Been for a walk along the beach this morning, got soaked through, it hasnt stopped raining yet.

Sorry to hear this Sarah.

Is it the "pushing the boundaries" phase?
    It can drive you to distraction
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    No TM, its far worse than pushing boundaries. Will have to change shools this week, I have no idea on where to start

Morning all
    tweets sorry you are not well, bet better soon xxx
    Sarah hope you sort things with ds2 x hows dh doing?
    TM send us some sun , its been throwing it down here
    Yellowbird, thanks for the great find but i think accounts are being linked for some but not others
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Thanks, OH ok, his voice is starting to disappear again

Hi guys,
    Havent been here for a really long time.
    I hope all are well.

Wanted some advice regarding bad acne, has anyone tried and can recommend some treatment, gel or other?

Thanks
    Originally posted by manila
    My DS1 has bad acne, and over the last few months has been using Sudocrem when he goes to bed, he plasters his face in it, quite funny looking at him, but it is working, his face is looking a lot clearer.
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May

Completed Race for Life 25 June 2017

A huge thankyou to everyone who sponsored me
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Mar 17, 12:36 PM
    • 48,567 Posts
    • 566,088 Thanks
    bubbs
    [QUOTE=pacifica9;72239801][QUOTE=bubbs;72239782]Will you all stop saying how nice it is please

If it helps bubbs, I think it's due to rain here this afternoon.
    Oh maybe we will swap then, send the sun here if it does please
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 12th Mar 17, 12:46 PM
    • 1,508 Posts
    • 24,225 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Sharpies ok today

10 items (6 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Waitrose
    1x Hula Hoops Variety Potato Rings (7x24g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x MAOAM Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    4x Pepsi Max Bottle (2lt) £5.00 £5.00
    1x Hula Hoops BBQ Beef Potato Rings (7x24g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 N/A
    2x Gillette Venus Embrace 5 Blade Razor & Shower Holder (each) £10.00 £2.00
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    1x Lotus Biscoff Caramelised Biscuits (250g) £1.00 £0.66
    1x Heinz Tomato Ketchup (700g) £2.00 £1.85
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 N/A
    1x SoBe Blackcurrant & Goji Berry Flavour (500ml) £1.00 N/A
    0.5x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.36 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £20.00 £11.51
    +£8.49 cheaper
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Mar 17, 12:47 PM
    • 48,567 Posts
    • 566,088 Thanks
    bubbs
    Lango, you seem like you are in the know
    tbh i have messed my account up if i claim a c and c and says you can only claim say 1/2 of it can i claim the other half next month or is it gone?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 12th Mar 17, 12:51 PM
    • 1,508 Posts
    • 24,225 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Lango, you seem like you are in the know
    tbh i have messed my account up if i claim a c and c and says you can only claim say 1/2 of it can i claim the other half next month or is it gone?
    From what I recall from earlier days whilst learning the CC APG you will lose anything above the £100 limit, not sure if this is still the case
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Mar 17, 12:56 PM
    • 48,567 Posts
    • 566,088 Thanks
    bubbs
    From what I recall from earlier days whilst learning the CC APG you will lose anything above the £100 limit, not sure if this is still the case
    Originally posted by LANGO1966
    Ok, it was just that i know someone sais if you do an instore shop and go over limit you can re submit next month on same email, maybe i will just wait but its a long while
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 12th Mar 17, 1:12 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 34,104 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Ok, it was just that i know someone sais if you do an instore shop and go over limit you can re submit next month on same email, maybe i will just wait but its a long while
    In store is OK bubbs as you can input the receipt via a different email address. However, c&c is tied to a particular email and is limited to £100 pm. If you are at your limit for March, check apg but don't press 'get voucher' until 1st April (provided that is within 28 days of your shop date and within your last 3 shops) then you will not lose out.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Mar 17, 1:16 PM
    • 48,567 Posts
    • 566,088 Thanks
    bubbs
    In store is OK bubbs as you can input the receipt via a different email address. However, c&c is tied to a particular email and is limited to £100 pm. If you are at your limit for March, don't press 'get voucher' until 1st April (provided that is within 28 days of your shop date and within your last 3 shops) then you will not lost out.
    Thanks, i have really lost the plot last month and this usually i keep instore and on line apart but have got mixed up somewhere along the line and dont want to risk loosing it , just seems ages to wait
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 12th Mar 17, 1:18 PM
    • 1,508 Posts
    • 24,225 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Thanks, i have really lost the plot last month and this usually i keep instore and on line apart but have got mixed up somewhere along the line and dont want to risk loosing it , just seems ages to wait
    It will soon be April 1st they we can all cash in, somebody needs to set a reminder for the morning of that date.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 12th Mar 17, 1:19 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 34,104 Thanks
    pacifica9
    I lost out last month being too eager and forgetting the 28day rule. Live and learn.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Mar 17, 1:23 PM
    • 48,567 Posts
    • 566,088 Thanks
    bubbs
    It will soon be April 1st they we can all cash in, somebody needs to set a reminder for the morning of that date.
    Originally posted by LANGO1966
    Oh i wont forget but guess its something to look forward too
    I lost out last month being too eager and forgetting the 28day rule. Live and learn.
    nooooooooo but saying that we have done well out of it but given alot of mine away so hope they get some instore
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Mar 17, 1:24 PM
    • 48,567 Posts
    • 566,088 Thanks
    bubbs
    Right going to make a quiche and cake , while i can eat them
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 12th Mar 17, 1:29 PM
    • 19,490 Posts
    • 252,805 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    ASDA Women's Anti-Perspirant Deodorant - Cotton Blossom (250ml)£1.00 74p I think not.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    This is it - I had this product on a few random occasions last summer. (I keep the item on the list as items "always" continue to be somewhere, even if randomly in and out of a store on one specific week.) I have had absolutely no trace for the last six months. And, then, all of a sudden, I had the product in a store last Wednesday and even with stock. There could have been stock sitting in the back of the store, not brought out, for several months that has just been found. The APG is most unlikely to be suddenly back in stock right now (even if it ever had the M product on any occasion - and, moreover, I have my doubt as I have never seen the APG link up the A item with M and it's only me that is seeing them as comparable). We just never know when they may have landed in a collection store.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 12-03-2017 at 1:31 PM.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Mar 17, 1:47 PM
    • 28,208 Posts
    • 406,970 Thanks
    tweets
    Sorry to hear you are poorly this morning tweets.

Thinking too about Jeremiah and our lovely VT.

back later peeps
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Good Afternoon

I started with a sore throat last week which turned into a cold

It will go eventually hope before 2 weeks though lol
    Lost 2st-13lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Mar 17, 1:54 PM
    • 28,208 Posts
    • 406,970 Thanks
    tweets
    bubbs

Snap you made me snotty

Going to watch footie glad its on the tv

My birthday Lilies are dying not bad had them 17 days they came from Asda lovely white ones
    Lost 2st-13lb
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 12th Mar 17, 2:01 PM
    • 19,490 Posts
    • 252,805 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I think I am just missing some items, that I have now found. One of them is on hotdeals as being in a store that I visited. I visited two days later and didn't find the product or any SEL for it there at all - definitely no longer in the store when I visited. Some items may be in stores before, clear out and the SEL is away within a couple of days and there is nothing when I visit. I have picked up the product since elsewhere but noticed I have missed it when visiting the other store two days earlier as it seems I was a day or two too late to catch it there. There are a lot of RTC items currently that I have in only one store (and you know how many, increasing number of, stores I am visiting) - I do not know what percentage of them the APG will have.

Normally I have RTC items in more places at the beginning (perhaps it is because I am trying to find them now having missed a few weeks out?) but, this time, I am finding one in one store, one in another, one elsewhere - just one store contributing one or two items each, one of which may be in another store for me (so just two stores for that item - various items depending on what stores you go to) and no 'central' place for them all - to get them all, I am certainly having to use more stores than would have picked up items in the past. I've have about four or five of the items in a store before and get a lot of them - however, now, it's seemingly thinly dispersed as one different item each in five stores. And - I'm still missing some items as there are items I have not seen that are online! The Red Bull 12 pack, which was not an RTC item, I have only found one version in one store and still have the other missing (but I will assume its price) - despite now having visited 21 stores! (At this point, I am probably not going to go to further stores just yet, although the missing one will probably appear at my nearest store tomorrow, when I am not there. I'm not actually looking for that... I am looking for other things and, yes, each of the three additional stores I have now visited has given me something I didn't have before I went there.)

The (frozen) Hog Bite Roast has now gone down to £1 (don't know when that happened). I don't know about the chances of the Poppin Chicken, that worked on the APG a couple of weeks ago, still working. I think, as they did pick it up, probably from one store, they are likely to have been OOS for long now to pick up it again. That's assuming the SEL even remains in the store, which I suspect it probably will not. They may, of course, have had the product randomly come into another of their stores later but I don't know. It's probably not even going to get picked up there as OOS.

It's not OOS in M of course - at least not as of this morning. I did still find a SEL for it last Wednesday, although it was not visible as it had been put underneath a SEL for another product, that also wasn't physically there, that had been turned so that the blank backside of the SEL was showing on the shelf. I think they'd have been OOS for so long in the store that, effectively, no trace of the product. That was all I had: nothing elsewhere.

I could have done with buying another pack. I didn't have any in my nearby M later in the week. Previously, it had had a SEL, but covered with OOS, whilst the product was on a different shelf. Despite my attempts at hiding stock further to what I then needed, I couldn't find any this week. Fwiw, the SEL had gone and all I had was a covered-up SEL in one other store that has probably been OOS for too long.

So, today, effectively, I've taken a trip to my M 33 miles away to buy the pack I wanted. Of course I did not go to the store that far away for that reason - I could not have selected a store with the hope of finding it anyway and probably stood little chance of doing so. My method, of eventually successfully buying it, is not available to anyone as money-saving. However, I did happen to have it, with no SEL. So, I have a SEL only just about around a place where there is no stock - OOS for too long and therefore N/A there - and M have stock elsewhere that won't give a price for any comparison as there is no SEL. If the price collectors in one of the collection stores have an indication of the product, through a SEL, it's likely to be OOS there and they'll most probably think M no longer has it as it's been OOS for too long. The one unit of stock, that I bought today, is available (was available this morning) elsewhere.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 12-03-2017 at 2:25 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,112Posts Today

7,719Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin