Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,651Posts
    • 33,874Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3384
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 11th Mar 17, 10:03 PM
    • 2,931 Posts
    • 41,769 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Thats a good price, can you eat cake again?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Nope
    Nor bread
    Hot cross buns
    Wraps
    Sweet corn
    Nuts and the list is growing
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 17, 10:06 PM
    • 45,998 Posts
    • 545,627 Thanks
    bubbs
    Fantastic albeit scary cake PD

It my dds birthday coming up and she wanted a cake with a unicorn on and I wasn't confident I would be able to do it as although I can make cakes I'm not artistic or creative and I thought well it won't cost too much... Well an 8 inch cake with marble icing and a fondant unicorn on top...anyone want to guess how much
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    £30?
    Nope
    Nor bread
    Hot cross buns
    Wraps
    Sweet corn
    Nuts and the list is growing
    Oh no
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-1 stone 1lb
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 17, 10:13 PM
    • 30,986 Posts
    • 425,302 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

I have been extremely lazy today and done nothing , I usually do between 18000 and 20000 steps a day...today I have done 73

Did you go out to the bin?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • rose28454
    • By rose28454 11th Mar 17, 10:14 PM
    • 4,616 Posts
    • 46,479 Thanks
    rose28454
    Around the corner are serial smoke damage people and they have been in a hotel since last September, yesterday there were workmen painting the outside, seems the fire people scratched it,lol.
    On a brighter note my number two son works for a company that goes in after the dehumidifier and makes good.
    He says it usually covers just about everything and he even puts up pictures and cleans the windows although he is a trained plasterer and tiler/kitchen fitter....good boy that he is xx

oops went off tracke there, he is out in two to three days for a couple of rooms, its the paperwork that takes the time xx
    Originally posted by wendyak

Serial smoke damage people?? How many times have they done it? Going to go home tommorow and make a few notes for the assesor and find a folder to put all the receipts and paperwork in.
    Sounds like your son is a good boy. I was thinking this about my DD today when she spread out all her shopping from Aldi to show my and her Dad how much money she saved.
    Just came back from the restuarant in the hotel OH came in to have t with me. Very tired going to sleep now. Night all
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 17, 10:16 PM
    • 30,986 Posts
    • 425,302 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Love your cake PD
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Mar 17, 10:16 PM
    • 17,605 Posts
    • 188,850 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Wow PD, that cake could be Pennywise
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 11th Mar 17, 10:21 PM
    • 16,260 Posts
    • 276,653 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    My party is in two weeks time.

TWO WEEKS
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriages, Relationships and Families, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Greenfingered Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly. I can help merge threads here and there. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

***Please bear with me while I sort out the links in my signature!***

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Mar 17, 10:23 PM
    • 26,927 Posts
    • 371,151 Thanks
    Tinyshoes

Cheers Zippy.
    That bloke 2 tables up look like he is all by himself, invite him over.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Isn't that zippy?
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 17, 10:26 PM
    • 45,998 Posts
    • 545,627 Thanks
    bubbs

TWO WEEKS
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Oh you will be over the hill then
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-1 stone 1lb
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 17, 10:26 PM
    • 30,986 Posts
    • 425,302 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

TWO WEEKS
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Eeeeeeee

It'll be here before you know it
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 17, 10:33 PM
    • 30,986 Posts
    • 425,302 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Fantastic albeit scary cake PD

It my dds birthday coming up and she wanted a cake with a unicorn on and I wasn't confident I would be able to do it as although I can make cakes I'm not artistic or creative and I thought well it won't cost too much... Well an 8 inch cake with marble icing and a fondant unicorn on top...anyone want to guess how much
    £25
    Sausages
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 11th Mar 17, 10:36 PM
    • 6,003 Posts
    • 81,143 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Well I had a busy week flying to Geneva to collect my sis to come home to Mums to recuperate with her broken leg. She was in hospital 2 weeks and a private clinic for 3 more which was costing her insurers nearly £900.00 per day. Anyway got back late Thursday night and went to work yesterday for 1/2 day.
    Went to my DD's for the afternoon and evening. Oh brought me home at 9.30pm as I had left my keys behind earlier. He opened the door for me and we were greeted by water cascading through the hall , bathroom and kitchen lights. I went to switch on a light and got a shock.
    OH drained down the tank , switched off the water and managed to switch off the electric with a stick. I was in bits and managed to call out the emergency cover chap. This was at 10p.m.and we decided to leave it till morning as he was going to take 3 hours to come.
    So went to DD'S for the night ( didnt sleep much!!)
    Repair chap came this morning and fixed the tank ( something to do with the ballcock.)
    The insurance said I could get a hotel as I cant have the power back on until its dried out and the assesor cant come till Monday.
    So I am in the brand new Premier Inn 5 minutes from home for 2 night initially.
    So any advice of how to deal with assesor gratefully received.
    My hall, lounge , landing and stair carpets are all soaking. My bedroom carpet is soaking too as is my memory foam mattress. There is water in my airing cupboard, bedroom cupboard and some on the edge of bedroom no 3. You can see water marks on the kitchen ceiling and the light in the shower exploded.
    At the moment I just have towels down to soak it up
    Originally posted by rose28454
    Sorry to hear this rose, hope you get sorted soon.

Sorry to hear what has happened rose and hope everything works out for you X

I have been extremely lazy today and done nothing , I usually do between 18000 and 20000 steps a day...today I have done 73

OMG you lazy !!!!!!
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March

Taking part in Race for Life 25 June 2017
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 11th Mar 17, 10:38 PM
    • 2,931 Posts
    • 41,769 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    £30?

Oh no
    £25
    Sausages
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Well I'm glad you are both on par to what I was thinking , my dd sat there and told the lady what she would like and her little voice all excited and the lady asked if I wanted to pay now or later and opted to pay now then I knew it was done

£68 please were the words
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 11th Mar 17, 10:39 PM
    • 2,931 Posts
    • 41,769 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Sorry to hear this rose, hope you get sorted soon.

OMG you lazy !!!!!!
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    In my defence I have just done another 30 steps
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 17, 10:45 PM
    • 45,998 Posts
    • 545,627 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well I'm glad you are both on par to what I was thinking , my dd sat there and told the lady what she would like and her little voice all excited and the lady asked if I wanted to pay now or later and opted to pay now then I knew it was done

£68 please were the words
    for cake!!
    What is it with unicorns at the moment?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-1 stone 1lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 17, 10:47 PM
    • 45,998 Posts
    • 545,627 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hi Sarah
    Hope you are ok?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-1 stone 1lb
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 11th Mar 17, 10:51 PM
    • 6,003 Posts
    • 81,143 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Hi Sarah
    Hope you are ok?
    Yes thanks bubbs, just having problems with youngest child now, he turned 14 couple weeks ago, not sure he will make it to 15, causing us lots of grief
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March

Taking part in Race for Life 25 June 2017
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 11th Mar 17, 10:55 PM
    • 6,881 Posts
    • 88,545 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    Mmmmm, I love tiramisu.
    What happened to the hair?
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I just decided to use more cake instead.
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 17, 10:59 PM
    • 45,998 Posts
    • 545,627 Thanks
    bubbs
    Yes thanks bubbs, just having problems with youngest child now, he turned 14 couple weeks ago, not sure he will make it to 15, causing us lots of grief
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Grrrr kids and there hormones
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-1 stone 1lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 17, 11:00 PM
    • 45,998 Posts
    • 545,627 Thanks
    bubbs
    Night all
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-1 stone 1lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

500Posts Today

4,703Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As I've said before - energy price cap sounds good, and will likely be popular, but there's a big risk of making th? https://t.co/ubeV9vnmU7

• Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Follow Martin