Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 7:27 PM
    • 11,549Posts
    • 33,671Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 7:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 7:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 8:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3382
    • Tinasmummy
    • By Tinasmummy 11th Mar 17, 7:08 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 1,004 Thanks
    Tinasmummy
    Will have a look at the app, but im not very good with them either

Booooooooo, try harder you will get something soon, didnt you do razor?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Yeah Bubbs I did, thanks to all the help on here,
    I was well chuffed with that
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 17, 7:13 PM
    • 45,268 Posts
    • 539,358 Thanks
    bubbs
    I slept in bubbs. The shelves were empty. I could have done with it. I have 200 cupcakes to make at the end of March
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Think it was 11 ish when i saw it , was only by chance they also had Billingtons golden 30p but small bags
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 11th Mar 17, 7:13 PM
    • 2,394 Posts
    • 36,827 Thanks
    wendyak
    Thanks and yes it will be shiny and new when its all sorted. Any idea how long they usually take to get it sorted? As in decorating and carpet replacement.
    Originally posted by rose28454
    Around the corner are serial smoke damage people and they have been in a hotel since last September, yesterday there were workmen painting the outside, seems the fire people scratched it,lol.
    On a brighter note my number two son works for a company that goes in after the dehumidifier and makes good.
    He says it usually covers just about everything and he even puts up pictures and cleans the windows although he is a trained plasterer and tiler/kitchen fitter....good boy that he is xx

oops went off tracke there, he is out in two to three days for a couple of rooms, its the paperwork that takes the time xx
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 17, 7:14 PM
    • 45,268 Posts
    • 539,358 Thanks
    bubbs
    Yeah Bubbs I did, thanks to all the help on here,
    I was well chuffed with that
    Originally posted by Tinasmummy
    See that was a start and i remember now with your evouchers
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Mar 17, 7:21 PM
    • 24,305 Posts
    • 290,509 Thanks
    davemorton
    Enjoying a nice bottle of Piper-Heidsieck. I do love Twines, means I can be indulgent without feeling guilty. #fullofizz
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 17, 7:32 PM
    • 45,268 Posts
    • 539,358 Thanks
    bubbs
    Enjoying a nice bottle of Piper-Heidsieck. I do love Twines, means I can be indulgent without feeling guilty. #fullofizz
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I have a nice cold can of max The voice now
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 17, 7:35 PM
    • 45,268 Posts
    • 539,358 Thanks
    bubbs
    Will i am has a nappy on
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • vanilla twist
    • By vanilla twist 11th Mar 17, 7:43 PM
    • 3,862 Posts
    • 57,556 Thanks
    vanilla twist
    Well I had a busy week flying to Geneva to collect my sis to come home to Mums to recuperate with her broken leg. She was in hospital 2 weeks and a private clinic for 3 more which was costing her insurers nearly £900.00 per day. Anyway got back late Thursday night and went to work yesterday for 1/2 day.
    Went to my DD's for the afternoon and evening. Oh brought me home at 9.30pm as I had left my keys behind earlier. He opened the door for me and we were greeted by water cascading through the hall , bathroom and kitchen lights. I went to switch on a light and got a shock.
    OH drained down the tank , switched off the water and managed to switch off the electric with a stick. I was in bits and managed to call out the emergency cover chap. This was at 10p.m.and we decided to leave it till morning as he was going to take 3 hours to come.
    So went to DD'S for the night ( didnt sleep much!!)
    Repair chap came this morning and fixed the tank ( something to do with the ballcock.)
    The insurance said I could get a hotel as I cant have the power back on until its dried out and the assesor cant come till Monday.
    So I am in the brand new Premier Inn 5 minutes from home for 2 night initially.
    So any advice of how to deal with assesor gratefully received.
    My hall, lounge , landing and stair carpets are all soaking. My bedroom carpet is soaking too as is my memory foam mattress. There is water in my airing cupboard, bedroom cupboard and some on the edge of bedroom no 3. You can see water marks on the kitchen ceiling and the light in the shower exploded.
    At the moment I just have towels down to soak it up
    Originally posted by rose28454
    Oh how terrible for you

I imagine when power goes back on your insurers will send in some heavy duty dryers and an assessor.

Mum has a smallish leak from under her kitchen floor. Assessors got builder to expose it and stop leak and put dryers in then came and looked. Instead of doing through builder they just put an amount on damage and wrote mum a cheque. Worse bit was it had damaged edge of her lovely oak lounge floor so that had to be replaced as well.

I think best thing is to get a good night's sleep then when insurers get in touch you will have a clear head.

V x
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back
    Originally posted by fairclaire
    May the odds be ever in your favour

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 11th Mar 17, 7:48 PM
    • 1,113 Posts
    • 14,713 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    We were in Chester very early and it was very quiet.
    In Thorntons we were only allowed to choose anything from the top 2 rows - a bit odd as when we got them earlier in the week we could choose any of the £3 bags.

I think the last bus I used was the York park and ride one. I would quite like to have a bus pass but we are too far from the border so it will be about 10 years before I get issued with one Mind you I don't think we even have a bus now that does our route - I'd have to do about 15 mins walk to get to the nearest bus stop to go anywhere
    We walk from the station along the canal path now and come up by Tesco at the bottom of Frodsham Street. We didn't realise that Frodsham street is being relaid - not even sure now where the rail bus drops off

Also something seems to have been built on Goosetack car park but not sure exactly what ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    We got there about 10'10, I was told to choose a pack from the top 3 shelves! Only took 20 mins to decide!
    Gorsestacks is going to be a massive new bus terminal which is great but it has decreased the parking in Chester by a couple of hundred parking spaces.
    I think we are in the same situation where we now have to wait an extra 6.8 years to get a bus pass instead of getting it in June as planned and promised!
    Last edited by josie_ann57; 11-03-2017 at 8:26 PM.
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 11th Mar 17, 7:51 PM
    • 9,299 Posts
    • 144,507 Thanks
    MKS
    Anytime you know that you have been very good to me too xx

im a good girl

Well done yes still £100 not not necessarily a tues usually 2-3 days later hth, dont forget to click get my vouchersor what ever it is cant think
    Thanks, no I haven't. You are just a lovely lady albeit a naughty lady. x
    • MKS
    • By MKS 11th Mar 17, 7:57 PM
    • 9,299 Posts
    • 144,507 Thanks
    MKS
    Yes shopping was a bit of a battle , I was trying to show her that they could all eat the same ingredients and not have the same meals for example chicken kiev for the adults and chicken nuggets for the children and that using a base recipe you can make so many different meals, she was convinced she had to buy childrens food and adult food, no such thing in my book

I am still trying to convince myself to give up smoking again, talking of battle of wills I have one with myself
    Originally posted by vouchercrazy
    You can do it,. Most of us have been there, you just have to decide to do it for yourself. x
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 11th Mar 17, 8:00 PM
    • 2,909 Posts
    • 41,567 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    You will do it when the time is right

Hellooooooooooo
    Hope you are ok?
    When are we going to meet?
    Hello

Tired and overworked but apart from that I am good
    Hope you are okay and keeping out of trouble
    Well in two weeks I'm back to normal hours so whenever is good for you x
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 11th Mar 17, 8:06 PM
    • 2,909 Posts
    • 41,567 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    My mum is strong and she smells to <3
    ^^
    ---
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 11th Mar 17, 8:06 PM
    • 9,299 Posts
    • 144,507 Thanks
    MKS
    Aww so sorry to hear not all good. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, hope you are ok. Bubbs is an Xx

Sorry to hear about Enterprises FIL, sending lots of love Xx

Think it must have been Mhocs birthday I have missed then, so belated happy birthday xx

Edit - think it's VT's birthday I missed, happy belated birthday xx
    Originally posted by cjj
    Thanks cjj.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 17, 8:07 PM
    • 45,268 Posts
    • 539,358 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thanks, no I haven't. You are just a lovely lady albeit a naughty lady. x
    Originally posted by MKS
    Ok i beg to differ
    Hello

Tired and overworked but apart from that I am good
    Hope you are okay and keeping out of trouble
    Well in two weeks I'm back to normal hours so whenever is good for you x
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    Awww bless ya xx
    Im always good, but outta trouble..........nooooooooo
    Ok a tuesday is good for me if thats any good for you let me know but not 4th April,, then i can load you up
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 17, 8:07 PM
    • 45,268 Posts
    • 539,358 Thanks
    bubbs
    My mum is strong and she smells to <3
    ^^
    ---
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    Huh?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 17, 8:09 PM
    • 30,489 Posts
    • 421,218 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    In other news

I got my cross and Blackwell soups

I got the 39p biscuits from Farmfoods...thanks bubbs

I forgot to get my kitchen rolls from Lidl

Tomorrow is another day
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 17, 8:13 PM
    • 45,268 Posts
    • 539,358 Thanks
    bubbs
    In other news

Tomorrow is another day
    What's c & b soups? must have missed that
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 11th Mar 17, 8:14 PM
    • 2,909 Posts
    • 41,567 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Huh?
    Funny little booger ds3 is, I knew he had done something because I could here him giggling he thinks it's funny cause I have bigger muscles than his dad

In other news

Tomorrow is another day
    Ooh you reminded me I had a soup email hope you are well and there is no point me saying that I hope you've been behaving as there is no hope in that
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 17, 8:14 PM
    • 45,268 Posts
    • 539,358 Thanks
    bubbs
    I got one of those mega packs kitchen rolls that was on hot deals
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,427Posts Today

8,110Users online

Martin's Twitter