Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 12,401Posts
    • 35,471Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3378
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 11th Mar 17, 4:41 PM
    • 2,976 Posts
    • 43,329 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Afternoon

My thoughts are with you and your family enterprise xx

Happy birthday to tweets, Vt and snap, hope you all had lovely days X
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 11th Mar 17, 4:48 PM
    • 14,832 Posts
    • 184,777 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I think my Oh is emotionally attatched to every single thing he has ever owned - I dont think he has the spark of joy feeling, just the need to cling onto everything.

Ive gone in the other direction, there is very little that gives me any spark. Ive gone from hoarding to being a rampant disposer
    Originally posted by mhoc
    My OH gets pleasure when something cannot be used anymore... bedding became dust clothes, because rags, became fertiliser.....
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • cjj
    • By cjj 11th Mar 17, 4:50 PM
    • 6,197 Posts
    • 83,038 Thanks
    cjj
    Hi cjj,

Hope that you are ok.
    Had the appt/removal etc but all not good. Have to wait a few more weeks. bubbs has been an absolute letting me spout off to her in pms.
    Originally posted by MKS
    Aww so sorry to hear not all good. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, hope you are ok. Bubbs is an Xx

Sorry to hear about Enterprises FIL, sending lots of love Xx

Think it must have been Mhocs birthday I have missed then, so belated happy birthday xx

Edit - think it's VT's birthday I missed, happy belated birthday xx
    Last edited by cjj; 11-03-2017 at 4:53 PM.
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • Sunflower1227
    • By Sunflower1227 11th Mar 17, 4:51 PM
    • 1,515 Posts
    • 21,132 Thanks
    Sunflower1227
    Yip, already asked for them.

Whoops!
    Looks like you've already redeemed this voucher! Sometimes it can take up to 7 days for a voucher to appear in your Asda Groceries Home Shopping account, so please check back soon.
    You can read our Terms and Conditions for more details.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Im still waiting for mine too, think we shopped on the same day
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 11th Mar 17, 5:00 PM
    • 1,642 Posts
    • 21,883 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Womble Sada Vs Waities
    To help those doing sharpies shop

1x ASDA Baker's Selection Loaded Salted Caramel Cookies (4pk) £1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA The Skin System Sensitive Facial Cleansing Wipes (25pk) £0.75 N/A
    2x ASDA Reduced Sugar & Salt Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (410g) £0.60 N/A
    1x Misfits Tangly Twists Dog Treats with Chicken & Egg (140g) £1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Max Strength Sinus Relief Capsules (16) £1.49 N/A
    1x ASDA Thick Bleach Arctic Blast (1l) £0.65 N/A
    1x Pork Farms 4 Mini Pork Pies with Branstons Pickle (200g) £1.00 N/A
    2x Attack A Snak Ham & Cheese Wraps (99g) £2.00 £3.00
    1x ASDA Apple Juice From Concentrate (1lt) £0.79 £1.10
    1x Schwarzkopf Live Permanent Hair Colour Tempting Chocolate 880 (each) £4.50 N/A
    ASDA Ready Salted (6x25g) £0.85 £0.95
    1x Mattessons Smoked Pork Sausage (200g) £1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Shades Shea Butter Toilet Roll (4 roll) £1.90 N/A
    1x ASDA Hero Working Dog Food with Turkey in Gravy Tins (1200g) £1.00 N/A
    1x Starbucks Chilled Classics Caffe Latte (220ml) £1.59 £1.60
    2x Nailene French - Chip Proof - Short Length (1 ea) £6.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Salted Caramel Chocolate Flavour Spread (400g) £1.50 N/A
    2x ASDA Toffee Cheesecakes (2x100g) £2.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Hero Dry Dog Food Mixer (2.5kg) £2.17 £2.35
    1x Impulse Hint of Musk Body Spray (75ml) £1.00 N/A 1x Kingsmill Thick White Bread (800g) £0.90 N/A
    3x Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo Chocolate Bar (120g) £3.00 £3.00
    1x Glade 5 in 1 Air Freshener Spray Magnolia & Vanilla (300ml) £1.00 N/A
    1x Kellogg's Rice Krispies Multigrain Shapes (350g) £2.50 £2.69 1x Airwick Wax Melts Vanilla Dreams (refill) £3.00 N/A
    1x ASDA 10 Cheesy Singles (200g) £1.00 N/A
    1x Plenty The Big One Kitchen Roll (each) £1.50 £2.50
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Custard Donuts (5pk) £0.65 N/A
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 11th Mar 17, 5:05 PM
    • 13,933 Posts
    • 227,941 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Zippy, anyone else...Has anyone been on Aurora, whats it like? Is it really quiet like the smaller ships, or lively like the larger ships? Or what? Any opinions welcomed. TIA
    Originally posted by davemorton
    not been on that one
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 11th Mar 17, 5:08 PM
    • 13,933 Posts
    • 227,941 Thanks
    zippydooda
    . .:
    Originally posted by bubbs
    actually bubbs there are 5 palmolives. but 3 at 85p, one at a £1 and one at £1.40
    they will all work but ill let you work out the final price of the others
    so tomorrow you could get 6 of the 85p ones = £5.10, mag £1.20, cappuccino £2.25 mail for £1.70 and pay £2.38 or less depending on rounding
    Last edited by zippydooda; 11-03-2017 at 5:17 PM.
    • Naebbirac
    • By Naebbirac 11th Mar 17, 5:17 PM
    • 2,005 Posts
    • 38,424 Thanks
    Naebbirac
    I have to 'dipose' of OH's things secretly as he will never get rid of anything... everything always has a purpose until I bin it!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Afternoon all.
    Same here sm. I've got devious and hide stuff away. If it isn't asked for in 6 months it goes in the bin or charity shop bag.
    N x
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 9 516 target £250

2 years 'fag free'
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Mar 17, 5:20 PM
    • 15,903 Posts
    • 198,090 Thanks
    mhoc
    Aww so sorry to hear not all good. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, hope you are ok. Bubbs is an Xx

Sorry to hear about Enterprises FIL, sending lots of love Xx

Think it must have been Mhocs birthday I have missed then, so belated happy birthday xx

Edit - think it's VT's birthday I missed, happy belated birthday xx
    Originally posted by cjj
    Missed mine by months but I managed to be out of the country and AWOL at the time
    OHs on 13th
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Mar 17, 5:28 PM
    • 15,903 Posts
    • 198,090 Thanks
    mhoc
    One shirt of OHs I did not particularly like and he carelessly left it on the dining room table
    He does realise there is a rule that anything left on the dining room table is destined for boxing and/or bagging for the next charity shop run - he does not realise this rule also applies to him and any belongs he leaves on the table.

so after a week of the shirt being strewn on the dining room table I saw and it did indeed get put into a charity bag. Unfortunately on the afternoon we were doing the charity shop run OH spotted it between the back door and the car and it was removed from the charity bag where it had taken up residence

He said "my favourite shirt!" - obviously not

Then he pinned it on the washing line and there it remained in wind, rain, hail and snow for about 6 months - I was waiting to see how long it was before he re claimed his favourite shirt
    Eventually at the start of Feb when we were going up to York for the weekend he finally rescued it from the washing line
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Mar 17, 5:29 PM
    • 18,160 Posts
    • 198,238 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Actually managed to get out in the garden this afternoon, finally edged the lawns. A bit of physical work does no end of good for the psyche.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 11th Mar 17, 5:29 PM
    • 1,169 Posts
    • 15,797 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    we have been to Chester today - excellent day out and we collected all the o2 freebies - walkers crisps from whsmith on the station, Thorntons chocs, free coke from Boots
    Also OH got his free coke from Greggs but his free birthday cake is not showing. I had neither - I wonder if there is a block on my app.
    And finished up in Piture and Piano for our free double Baileys over ice

Also in Boots on my app I had Folic acid and vitamin D vits as a freebie and also 50 points if I bought anything from healthcare so i bought 25p paracetamol

No sign of any reduced section in Superdrug and no So V in Mr Tosssers which is free on COS

Now home and utterly shattered, still draped over the sofa - I really need to drag my carcass out to the garden but the gravity on this sofa is very strong ...
    I collected my Thorntons chocolates in Chester today as well Got the bus (not been on a bus for 15 years) into Chester with a friend as she wanted to go to the bank (it was closed!) and walked the 8 miles back home along the cycle way. Tried for the crisps in WH only to find it was for travel ones only.
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Mar 17, 5:30 PM
    • 18,160 Posts
    • 198,238 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    One shirt of OHs I did not particularly like and he carelessly left it on the dining room table
    He does realise there is a rule that anything left on the dining room table is destined for boxing and/or bagging for the next charity shop run - he does not realise this rule also applies to him and any belongs he leaves on the table.

so after a week of the shirt being strewn on the dining room table I saw and it did indeed get put into a charity bag. Unfortunately on the afternoon we were doing the charity shop run OH spotted it between the back door and the car and it was removed from the charity bag where it had taken up residence

He said "my favourite shirt!" - obviously not

Then he pinned it on the washing line and there it remained in wind, rain, hail and snow for about 6 months - I was waiting to see how long it was before he re claimed his favourite shirt
    Eventually at the start of Feb when we were going up to York for the weekend he finally rescued it from the washing line

I don't think OH would be able to identify his shirts in a lineup!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 11th Mar 17, 5:32 PM
    • 3,483 Posts
    • 49,405 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Just bumping up again Think it was aau who highlighted the Disney £5.00 promotion Thanks It looks really good Persil £5.00 in Tesco and each email address can have 10 applications

Lots of nice wee gifts for around the £5.00
    November Not even counting this month
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 11th Mar 17, 5:34 PM
    • 16,362 Posts
    • 278,651 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    4 months free google play music - must remember to cancel! Not for all users though

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/four-months-google-play-music-for-free-9-99pm-thereafter-poss-new-users-2629372
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Mar 17, 5:37 PM
    • 24,822 Posts
    • 306,304 Thanks
    davemorton
    TM, another option that I am thinking of trying this year (although a little more expensie) is Eurostar to Brugge. You should be easily be able to get return from Durham to Brugge for about £160 each.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Mar 17, 5:40 PM
    • 15,903 Posts
    • 198,090 Thanks
    mhoc
    This has reminder me about the carnage that is going on in OHs wardrobe regarding shirts - I did make him empty the wardrobe out altogether once, some shirts culled and then I put everything back organised by strict rotation - short and long sleeves, by colour, formal and casual. Needless to say it never stayed that way, he just rams thing sin any old how and only after severe nagging. At least though the door is shut on it and no one except him ever has to see the messiness in his shirt wardrobe.

I did the same with my tops - emptied the wardrobe, culled a few too long in the tooth, anything that was too summery or suitable for cruises was folded up separately awaiting the sun, sleeveless, short, long sleeved and all in colour order - it takes seconds to find anything and seconds to put clean washing away and its stayed in perfect order now for over a year - it will never need to be re done ...
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 11th Mar 17, 5:43 PM
    • 1,657 Posts
    • 20,814 Thanks
    curl girl
    Afternoon peeps.

Thanks bubbs for mentioning the tea and coffee. Mainly empty shelves in my little store.
    However did notice Twinings Assam 80 bag boxes 75p, my favourite so stocked up as they are normally 4.99 a box!

Off to watch marmies team on tv.
    Catch up later.....
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • fernie1
    • By fernie1 11th Mar 17, 5:47 PM
    • 1,012 Posts
    • 13,494 Thanks
    fernie1
    Coffee mate light 37p instore asda

Typhoo decaf tea bags 80 pack 50p instore

Silver spoon 2kg caster sugar asda 60p

Carte Noire whole bean 95g tins 75p

Kenco millicano whole bean coffee asda instore 63p
    If anyone wants to vote hduk
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Hi, is there a link on there so I can look through,Millicono is my favourite coffee, I have tried looking but can't find nothing, please & thank you
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Mar 17, 5:51 PM
    • 15,903 Posts
    • 198,090 Thanks
    mhoc
    I collected my Thorntons chocolates in Chester today as well Got the bus (not been on a bus for 15 years) into Chester with a friend as she wanted to go to the bank (it was closed!) and walked the 8 miles back home along the cycle way. Tried for the crisps in WH only to find it was for travel ones only.
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    We were in Chester very early and it was very quiet.
    In Thorntons we were only allowed to choose anything from the top 2 rows - a bit odd as when we got them earlier in the week we could choose any of the £3 bags.

I think the last bus I used was the York park and ride one. I would quite like to have a bus pass but we are too far from the border so it will be about 10 years before I get issued with one Mind you I don't think we even have a bus now that does our route - I'd have to do about 15 mins walk to get to the nearest bus stop to go anywhere
    We walk from the station along the canal path now and come up by Tesco at the bottom of Frodsham Street. We didn't realise that Frodsham street is being relaid - not even sure now where the rail bus drops off

Also something seems to have been built on Goosetack car park but not sure exactly what ...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,156Posts Today

6,590Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin