Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 12,161Posts
    • 34,868Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3373
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 11th Mar 17, 9:32 AM
    • 2,634 Posts
    • 34,597 Thanks
    pacifica9
    You must be the smoothest elite walking
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Always TM.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 11th Mar 17, 9:32 AM
    • 2,634 Posts
    • 34,597 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Morning all

Thanks for testing again, dont suppose for one minute my store will have any
    Got to pop morries so will swing by there
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Good time for a C&C then bubbs.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 11th Mar 17, 9:34 AM
    • 16,454 Posts
    • 278,267 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    I was just looking at Megabus too QoC....they would then just need the cost of then getting to Stockport.

How many people is it for?

Is is worth looking at car hire?
    Car hire would be equally, if not more expensive than the train or Nat Ex it's for 2. im keeping everything crossed that it works for them!
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly. I can help merge threads here and there. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...

Attempt number 7854- W1-3 -6lbs
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Mar 17, 9:35 AM
    • 18,525 Posts
    • 195,841 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Just had a look at my 02 app to see if the Thorntons is still there. It has gone back to expired. Still, really shouldn't anyway
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 17, 9:36 AM
    • 50,495 Posts
    • 580,759 Thanks
    bubbs
    Good time for a C&C then bubbs.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    Mine dont come from store comes from Derby way
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

[B] -3 st 8 lb week 25/B]
    • springdreams
    • By springdreams 11th Mar 17, 9:37 AM
    • 3,569 Posts
    • 31,354 Thanks
    springdreams
    Yes we can add rumble strips to the list.

Any more ideas?

How are you feeling this morning E
    My DS was two weeks late, and have never been on time for anything in his life ever since!
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    Originally posted by squeaky
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 17, 9:37 AM
    • 50,495 Posts
    • 580,759 Thanks
    bubbs
    Right off out catch up later
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

[B] -3 st 8 lb week 25/B]
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 11th Mar 17, 9:38 AM
    • 2,634 Posts
    • 34,597 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Mine dont come from store comes from Derby way
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Is that for C&C as well as HD? C&C usually come from the nearest large store whereas HD come from a central hub (think mine might come from the same one as yours!)
    • thepearce
    • By thepearce 11th Mar 17, 9:40 AM
    • 2,150 Posts
    • 12,246 Thanks
    thepearce
    Dishwasher tablets
    tl;dr 1,000 dishwasher tablets for £46.48 delivered (4.648p/tablet). Good quality. Other quantities available.

After my supply of finish powerball (from some SADA/tosser deal a long time ago - I forget) I needed to get some dishwasher tablets. I picked up a few bargains from farmfoods and tosser but ran out again. Was happy with the "Which #2" dishwasher tablets from Aldi. After pricing up various options in poundstretcher and many other places and not bothering with a similar groupon deal (not many details) I decided to finally order a load from Germany that I'd seen on ebay a while ago (dieseifenblase-internethandel - was dieseifenblase previously). Previously I'd seen broken / damaged tablets but these weren't. They were cheaper on ebay than on their website.

I was a bit reluctant because of the postage costs and not really knowing if what you get will be any good. Anyway, in case it helps anyone here, and indeed anyone googling I thought I'd share a large picture of what arrived and my opinion.

I ordered "20 kg dishwasher tablets "12/1" wrapped in plastic 1000 tablets three-coloured". I paid £47.45 including postage. They're now £46.48.
    20 kg is a lot of tablets - about 1,000. I didn't count them , nor weigh them. I just know it was a heavy box. Actually it was two boxes taped together. That was ideal because half went to my parents. The boxes were completely full and the tablets were not damaged.

So, the per tablet price then is 4.648 p which puts them at the same kind of price, if not cheaper than the likes of B&M and poundland. The delivery was very quick - next day I think. You can buy 10kg or 30kg too.

As for performance I haven't had any problems with these tablets. They seem to be doing a great job. I'm in a hardwater area.

Last edited by thepearce; 11-03-2017 at 9:45 AM.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 17, 9:45 AM
    • 33,599 Posts
    • 447,002 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning all
    RL has been s**t these last few days..teenage grandson grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

But this is just what I needed this morning a good laugh... Thank you x
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    I laughed more at the woman than the children
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 17, 9:49 AM
    • 33,599 Posts
    • 447,002 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    My DS was two weeks late, and have never been on time for anything in his life ever since!
    Originally posted by springdreams
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 17, 9:51 AM
    • 33,599 Posts
    • 447,002 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thank you thepearce I'll have a look at that later
    Vorsprung Durch technik
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Mar 17, 10:00 AM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,776 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Morning all
    RL has been s**t these last few days..teenage grandson grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

But this is just what I needed this morning a good laugh... Thank you x
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    Morning all

Think the best bit is when I assume it's their mum skids into action glad to have put a smile on your face HILLBERN
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Mar 17, 10:14 AM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,776 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    You wouldn't believe how hard it is to be a patient transport volunteer, believe me, I'm trying!
    Originally posted by pippo
    I meant to reply to this yesterday.

You are all worth your weight in gold.

Do you know it never entered my head the transport from Poole to S'ton as it's quite a long way might have been a volunteer so sorry if I offended you pippo, I assumed it was some sort of official transport, it certainly wasn't a normal family car. Wrong either way whether paid or not for admin to book in transport for my mum before the working day actually started.

On the other hand my mum had the most lovely volunteer that took her and a few others to the day hospice every Friday. He was always on time and used to carry her handbag out to the car.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • pippo
    • By pippo 11th Mar 17, 10:28 AM
    • 2,818 Posts
    • 28,270 Thanks
    pippo
    I meant to reply to this yesterday.

You are all worth your weight in gold.

Do you know it never entered my head the transport from Poole to S'ton as it's quite a long way might have been a volunteer so sorry if I offended you pippo, I assumed it was some sort of official transport, it certainly wasn't a normal family car. Wrong either way whether paid or not for admin to book in transport for my mum before the working day actually started.

On the other hand my mum had the most lovely volunteer that took her and a few others to the day hospice every Friday. He was always on time and used to carry her handbag out to the car.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Crikey TS, I'm not offended, sorry if it came across that way. Just saying that I have been trying to sign up to do volunteer transporting, but they are full up round here. My friends OH does it and I think the people he takes must be well impressed when he turns up in his new Jag! He sometimes does trips over 100 miles too.

You are right about the early booking though.
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost £9.24
    • MKS
    • By MKS 11th Mar 17, 10:43 AM
    • 9,638 Posts
    • 147,613 Thanks
    MKS
    When I did the Big Issue walk last week I met a lovely lady who volunteers for the Barons Court Project, a small charity which supports the homeless and those who are living with mental health issues. They have been given the opportunity to hold a bucket collection at Chelsea FC if they can get enough votes. I'm not after money, just a quick click of your mouse if you can spare a minute.
    Link on the charities board here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72233964#post72233964

Thank you x
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    Voted, worthwhile cause. xx
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 11th Mar 17, 10:44 AM
    • 15,030 Posts
    • 182,721 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Enterprise. hugs xxxx

£1200+ in points? Who would ever get get that many ...? Oh wait, give me another few years and I may have doubled up to that .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I thought there was to be a double up in Feb.... What are you going to do with all your points?

And my other major news this afternoon is I finally got OH to clear his messy corner of the living room Its only taken me 30 years to get him to finally completely clear it out - more or less a minor miracle

Firstly when I suggested that this afternoon was THE day for doing it he tried grumbling, said the sofa could not be moved out which of course it could. Then I made him completely bottom out - everything came out from behind the sofa, the floor between the sofa and the cabinet, the glass cabinet itself was emptied, the window ledge ...
    The mound in the middle of the living room floor was horrendous - honestly it would have reduced most people to tears, it was so much worse than I even imagined.
    I vacuumed and wiped down everything including the mess behind the cabinet as well as inside, the window ledge everything was scoured.
    Mostly OH had to sort through the mess himself which he was not totally happy about but he had to do it- a box for paper recycling, another of card, the wash basket full of old computer CDs were binned plus masses of nameless odds and sods, big pile of DVDs and other odds for the charity shop, big mound of railway magazines which are also getting recycled, washing machine load of socks and 3 fleeces
    All thats gone back into the cabinet are 2 cameras and a small tablet in its case, 2 sets of DVD sets in their cases, 4 of his train models. The only railway stuff was a glass round thing and a round metal thing ( nameless things which he is sentimentally attached to ) and I gave him a plastic wallet for photos. Even his medicine stash has been re homed although I don't know where to

- and thats it - about 95% all gone

The window is now clear so we have a good view afterwards of the bird feeder and the woodpecker enjoying himself on the peanut feeder
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Your description of his corner made me

I would have binned it all years ago whilst he was out of the house and banned him from buying railway magazines! You must have the patience of a saint.
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 11th Mar 17, 10:47 AM
    • 9,638 Posts
    • 147,613 Thanks
    MKS
    My two cook from scratch too MKS. I taught them a few dishes before they went to uni but they've returned teaching me stuff
    Life and learning are always a two way thing.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 11th Mar 17, 10:51 AM
    • 9,638 Posts
    • 147,613 Thanks
    MKS
    Marmite good luck today

Originally posted by tweets
    Seconded. Please let them win.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Mar 17, 10:52 AM
    • 27,473 Posts
    • 375,776 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Crikey TS, I'm not offended, sorry if it came across that way. Just saying that I have been trying to sign up to do volunteer transporting, but they are full up round here. My friends OH does it and I think the people he takes must be well impressed when he turns up in his new Jag! He sometimes does trips over 100 miles too.

You are right about the early booking though.
    Originally posted by pippo
    No need to apologise what you wrote didn't suggest for one second I had offended, I just thought about how my little moan may have come across to any volunteers.

What made me cross is how many other poorly people had they got out of their beds so early for no one to turn up. It used to take me 10 minutes just to get mum out the door so like gocat had her ready at the gate...

I hope gocats mum got on ok yesterday.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

97Posts Today

1,868Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin