Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,956Posts
    • 34,477Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3371
    • latest flame
    • By latest flame 11th Mar 17, 12:27 AM
    • 856 Posts
    • 1,643 Thanks
    latest flame
    It is the same for HD as C&C although mine was a weird one today., but minimum spend £40.
    Originally posted by chocaholics
    Ta.
    Havent done APG since June. When did those awful pop tart things finish? I couldnt give 'em away.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Mar 17, 12:40 AM
    • 25,459 Posts
    • 299,627 Thanks
    davemorton
    I've had a brilliant day today.

I've had this idea chasing around in my head for years.

One of the downfalls of giving food parcels is that it doesn't really solve a lot of the underlying problems. It's a sort of stopgap measure...like a sticking plaster.
    One of the underlying problems is lack of knowledge/ experience/ not being able to shop and cook on a budget.

Imagine picking up a food parcel and attached to it, is a volunteer with a carrier bag of ingredients who would go back to your house with you and show you how to cook a very basic family meal. Imagine the kids coming home to a tasty casserole.
    So ....you start with a very basic repertoire of 4/5 meals, costed out at between £2 and £3 per meal for 4 for example.
    There's lots of things to be ironed out....health and safety and risk assessments, lack of cooking equipment ....some families are without even the most basic cookery stuff

Anyway I did a pitch for some funding today and it went really well. I feel really hopeful that this sort of intervention could make a huge difference to people...improving their health and lifestyle.

There's an army of women out there who are savvy shoppers and brilliant cooks. If we could match them with the young families who are struggling it would be a dream come true

What do you think?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    How rude. I would help, think of all the yummy mummys that need the DM touch

Just quoting myself for the drinkers on the late shift.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Got it in a rush this afternoon thanks
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Mar 17, 12:46 AM
    • 25,459 Posts
    • 299,627 Thanks
    davemorton
    DM - how have you find British Pie Week?

According to John Bishop on Late Night With ... the top pie in the North is Steak and Potato (we would know it as Meat and Potato ).

In the South? Bannoffee Pie

I ask you, I wonder if we are the same country sometimes ..

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Now lets be serious, can a bonoffie pie EVER be a pie, really??
    Everyone loves a bit of meat in their pie

Don't tell DM but most of them are really tarts.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    I saw that
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 11th Mar 17, 1:38 AM
    • 19,493 Posts
    • 252,848 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    T n W £2
    M £2.58

Might as well give you A vs M while Im here

1x ASDA Grower's Selection Baby Potatoes (1kg) £0.85 £1.00
    1x Heinz No Added Sugar Beanz in a Rich Tomato Sauce (4x415g) £2.00 N/A
    1x Always Discreet Plus M Incontinence Pants (9ct) £7.50 £7.47
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Gala Apple (Typically 160g) (per kg) £0.31 N/A
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 £0.10
    0.12x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.09 £0.08
    1x Heinz Beanz in Rich Tomato Sauce (4x415g) £2.00 £2.58
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Original Porridge (324g) £2.38 £2.00
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Golden Syrup Porridge (360g) £2.38 £2.00
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Pears (1.2kg) £2.00 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £15.30 £15.23
    Originally posted by gocat
    The £2.58 price for M looks right according to msm but I would not know such high prices (unless perhaps an item has just come off offer in M but then the now expired offer would have had to have been good enough in the first place for me to notice the item and the fact it (whatever item "it" hypothetically is) had gone up). I don't know why this particular item hasn't compared against S.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 11th Mar 17, 1:48 AM
    • 19,493 Posts
    • 252,848 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    That's twice (at least, maybe there were more?) that I have used the word "hypothetical" in the last few hours. Maybe my favourite word. Actually my "favourite" words - or favourite (you decide whether there are quotes there or not) - are all words that I am not allowed to post here. Or "favorite" if you are from the US of A.

(To clarify more - most people would have been happy without clarification, but then would unknowingly have been left with a wrong impression but I am keen to ensure such an impression is not given: I don't like all words that I can't post - some I only like depending on context* - but, of the words that I like and are my favourites, none of them are postable! If that's a word - postable (a word that I can post).)

*For example, a word that in some contexts is racist, I only like (maybe on some random occasions but not others?) in contexts in which it is not (although some people think it is unacceptable in all contexts, or alternatively that it is unacceptable regardless of context or none, so it's all a matter of everyone having different standards and no-one having a monopoly over what is acceptable or not). But I obviously did have a fondness (whether sub-conscious or not) for using the word "hypothetical" earlier, so that's either all good or all good too, depending on your view, or neutral or indifferent or not good at all or maybe something else (I have no idea what people might think or what opinions or views are within the realms of human possibility). Ir's a good word, rolls off the tongue: hy-po-thethical.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 11-03-2017 at 2:02 AM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 11th Mar 17, 2:07 AM
    • 19,493 Posts
    • 252,848 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I have very subtle and complex views, so, just when you think you have understood the nuances of them all, you probably have not. Anyway, I am sending myself to sleep thinking about the complexity of them all, so I will see you at some time later. (It's all because of the complex reality of the world, so I like to think my complex views therefore understand and represent that truthfully - I cannot simplify because it is not simple. If you have something that is a simplification and is not precisely the full and complex reality, then you have only part of that and do not have the true picture - or, alternatively, maybe you understand a gist that I don't. (This post is probably in fact a really illuminating eye-opener regarding my way of thinking that reflects a lot of what I think and permeates across what I do and don't do in many situations.))

Anyway - goodbye.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 11-03-2017 at 2:19 AM.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 11th Mar 17, 5:23 AM
    • 2,587 Posts
    • 34,198 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good morning Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so. ((Enterprise))
    TM,love your idea.
    Unfortunately no early bus on a Saturday so I'm unable to do a sharpie test shop before work today. But I'm sure someone will be out shopping early.
    Have a great weekend.
    Last edited by pacifica9; 11-03-2017 at 5:30 AM.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 11th Mar 17, 5:47 AM
    • 1,671 Posts
    • 18,298 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Looks like priority momnts have fixed the choc glitch, hope that anyone who has saved the offer still has it.
    PS morning!
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Mar 17, 5:53 AM
    • 4,678 Posts
    • 49,262 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07

• diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th Mar 17, 5:59 AM
    • 3,257 Posts
    • 30,401 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Morning.
    Dd stayed over last night her bf went night fishing, it made a nice change leaving my phone downsrairs still no baby though
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 11th Mar 17, 6:39 AM
    • 2,859 Posts
    • 43,629 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning everyone. Hope you all have a great weekend.
    • i been robbed
    • By i been robbed 11th Mar 17, 7:14 AM
    • 439 Posts
    • 8,510 Thanks
    i been robbed
    Originally Posted by i been robbed View Post
    hello everyone

my first C&C in 8 months,

1x Jacob's Salt & Black Pepper Flatbreads (150g) £1.51 £1.00
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Mixed Peppers (3pk) £1.00 £1.00
    1.19x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.86 N/A
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) £0.99 £1.00
    4x Kleenex Ultra Soft Mansize Compact Tissues (each) £6.00 £4.00
    2x HP Original BBQ Sauce Classic Woodsmoke Flavour (465g) £3.98 £2.00
    4x ASDA Chosen By You Wholemeal Pitta Breads (6pk) £2.00 £1.48
    1x President Brie Cheese (200g) £1.87 £1.35
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 N/A
    8x Gillette Venus Embrace 5 Blade Razor & Shower Holder (each) £40.00 £8.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £57.35 £19.83

thanks
    I havent done one for ages, would it work on a delivery?
    Cheers.
    And whom is it against?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by latest flame
    good morning,

AvW
    sure it's just the same for HD
    • juju17
    • By juju17 11th Mar 17, 7:17 AM
    • 945 Posts
    • 11,718 Thanks
    juju17
    Juju....did you get sorted out with Gin?

Can I recommend this one

http://www.daffysgin.com/daffys-gin-home/

The bottle itself is beautiful too but then I always was a fur coat and no knickers sort of girl

We paid £28 in W using a money off coupon but I think it was originally £36
    Yes I did thanks....bought 3 bottles in the end as DH asked if one was for him
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 11th Mar 17, 7:22 AM
    • 5,404 Posts
    • 66,676 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 11th Mar 17, 7:28 AM
    • 2,587 Posts
    • 34,198 Thanks
    pacifica9
    My bus got in a few minutes early so have been able to do a Sharpie test shop. Results in two hours.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • underperky
    • By underperky 11th Mar 17, 7:31 AM
    • 4,997 Posts
    • 62,336 Thanks
    underperky
    Hi Perky
    How are you?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Hi I am good thanks still having problems with my leg saw consultant on Tuesday have got an 8 week low dose of steroids and have to go have a scan but I will get there in the end .I have tickets to see Rod Steward in June so my leg has to get better for that . Thanks for asking Hope you are good too
    • underperky
    • By underperky 11th Mar 17, 7:35 AM
    • 4,997 Posts
    • 62,336 Thanks
    underperky
    I've had a brilliant day today.

I've had this idea chasing around in my head for years.

One of the downfalls of giving food parcels is that it doesn't really solve a lot of the underlying problems. It's a sort of stopgap measure...like a sticking plaster.
    One of the underlying problems is lack of knowledge/ experience/ not being able to shop and cook on a budget.

Imagine picking up a food parcel and attached to it, is a volunteer with a carrier bag of ingredients who would go back to your house with you and show you how to cook a very basic family meal. Imagine the kids coming home to a tasty casserole.
    So ....you start with a very basic repertoire of 4/5 meals, costed out at between £2 and £3 per meal for 4 for example.
    There's lots of things to be ironed out....health and safety and risk assessments, lack of cooking equipment ....some families are without even the most basic cookery stuff

Anyway I did a pitch for some funding today and it went really well. I feel really hopeful that this sort of intervention could make a huge difference to people...improving their health and lifestyle.

There's an army of women out there who are savvy shoppers and brilliant cooks. If we could match them with the young families who are struggling it would be a dream come true

What do you think?
    Excellent idea TMADLY
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 11th Mar 17, 7:40 AM
    • 4,121 Posts
    • 44,256 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Saturday.

Footie this morning but not til after 9 and the weather doesn't look too bad.

Enjoy your day.
    • underperky
    • By underperky 11th Mar 17, 7:43 AM
    • 4,997 Posts
    • 62,336 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning
    • underperky
    • By underperky 11th Mar 17, 7:45 AM
    • 4,997 Posts
    • 62,336 Thanks
    underperky
    VT hope you are feeling better after your op and wish you a quick recovery
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,709Posts Today

8,171Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin