Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,540Posts
    • 33,649Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3370
    • chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 10th Mar 17, 10:30 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 3,275 Thanks
    chocaholics
    Mine still has not gone collected yet
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I am sure it will be OK as others have been good today. I think Chris was right about how the refund was processed as I picked it up from a petrol station so maybe they dont know what theyre doing!
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 10th Mar 17, 10:30 PM
    • 19,428 Posts
    • 252,081 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I am aware of two versions of the Alberto Pizza and both are[...] £1. I have Pepperoni and Cheese & Tomato. [...] It will be luck if you have them, or possibly just one of them, so don't go to M expecting to have them. I think it's certainly possible someone could find a flavour (or maybe even more - perhaps a long shot but you never know?) other than the two I have and for them to be £1. I don't know if I have found all of a range or not. I had none of them yesterday or before.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    I was right - I now have Alberto Margherita Pizza (900g) showing me a SEL of £1. I've got that SEL in both of the stores I've visited tonight. So, the Alberto pizzas may be more widespread in M than I thought. I have no stock of the Margherita with the RTC SEL up, however that is good enough for me to say that it exists somewhere. I have got lots of stock of Alberto Cheese & Tomato. I have now got stock in three separate stores - people seeming to assume that that is full price or is not the £1 price that I was told it was yesterday, as I haven't got SELs for the Cheese & Tomato version anywhere. It may be that M haven't produced one - so there is no SEL for stores to put up: however, that may be (probably is) a wrong assumption as I've had multiple stores with no SEL for an item that was on offer before and then, later on, found a store that does show the SEL for the product and its offer price. No SELs for me for Cheese & Tomato, which I think is £1 but I have plenty of stock.

So there are at least three. Of course, having not found any of them at all if they exist, I do not know if there are further versions - maybe there is a whole range of them? (Even though three itself is enough of a "range".) There may be others. Any more for any more?

I now have (as from yesterday) the Pancake Shaker Maker at 50p RTC SEL - it has indeed gone down, that seems, as I thought it might a couple of weeks ago - given the amount of time it took to find it - not turned up until yesterday - simply because I didn't visit a store with it in until then though, maybe I think that's it's not likely to be in a collection store as it's not widespread enough to increase the chance of that happening. However, I now have it twice so maybe it is around more than I thought who knows? (Nonetheless, I did go through my six stores on Wednesday and had no trace of the product.)
    M list - posts 3-13

M lost items - post 37.
    M lost list part 2 - page 4, post 145.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Mar 17, 10:31 PM
    • 30,408 Posts
    • 420,383 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Absolutely brilliant.

Was once given a bit of advice in business... keep it simple. The more complicated it becomes, the harder it is.

There are also a lot of single parents/single people - young and senior who are savvy shoppers and brilliant cooks and some people just have 'time' on their hands. Would be a win win situation for everyone.

I would hazard a guess that the biggest stumbling block would be 'pride' or 'ignorance' (in the nicest possible way) and also 'marrying up' prospective helpers and families. Social media could be used ie local site on fb, then it would be 'families' volunteering to be paired as opposed to feeling that they are failing in feeding their family/managing their budget as best they can, if someone suggests it to them. Out of context, but a bit like a very large person not thinking that they are eating 'wrong'. When they decide for themselves that they want to loose weight and choose to go to a slimming club/search out a healthier way to eat.

On a local level, I am very proud of DD2, she cooks from scratch. She has converted a lot of DGDs friends Mums to do the same. Explaining that it is so much more economic to batch cook and then have 'ready meals' from the freezer. Speg Bol, Chilli (very mild from the freezer but spiced up for adult taste once the children's portions are out), curry (ditto as per chilli), pasta bake (leftovers or just over cook basic pasta bake - pasta and sauce and add extras (bacon, meatballs etc) when it has defrosted).

The same Mums look horrified (when I chat with them when I pick up DGD) when I tell them to use any leftover veg to make soup for lunch. Later have said that DD or DS loved making it and eating it.

Please keep us posted TM.
    Originally posted by MKS
    My two cook from scratch too MKS. I taught them a few dishes before they went to uni but they've returned teaching me stuff
    I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarian and we're sceptical.
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Mar 17, 10:37 PM
    • 30,408 Posts
    • 420,383 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Just quoting myself for the drinkers on the late shift.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    I'm tempted
    I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarian and we're sceptical.
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • Sad_Dad
    • By Sad_Dad 10th Mar 17, 10:48 PM
    • 742 Posts
    • 11,336 Thanks
    Sad_Dad
    Didn't your job move you away from A......

Enjoy your viewing .....
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    It did unfortunately, I had a T within walking distance and an A about a mile away that I passed on my way home. Nearest store to where I live is about 3 miles away, not too far but I don't pass it on the way to and from work.

I get grief off the other half when I make shopping trips despite saving thousands over the last few years.
    • latest flame
    • By latest flame 10th Mar 17, 10:48 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 568 Thanks
    latest flame
    hello everyone

my first C&C in 8 months,

1x Jacob's Salt & Black Pepper Flatbreads (150g) £1.51 £1.00
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Mixed Peppers (3pk) £1.00 £1.00
    1.19x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.86 N/A
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) £0.99 £1.00
    4x Kleenex Ultra Soft Mansize Compact Tissues (each) £6.00 £4.00
    2x HP Original BBQ Sauce Classic Woodsmoke Flavour (465g) £3.98 £2.00
    4x ASDA Chosen By You Wholemeal Pitta Breads (6pk) £2.00 £1.48
    1x President Brie Cheese (200g) £1.87 £1.35
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 N/A
    8x Gillette Venus Embrace 5 Blade Razor & Shower Holder (each) £40.00 £8.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £57.35 £19.83

thanks
    Originally posted by i been robbed
    I havent done one for ages, would it work on a delivery?
    Cheers.
    And whom is it against?
    Thanks
    Last edited by latest flame; 10-03-2017 at 10:59 PM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 10th Mar 17, 10:50 PM
    • 19,428 Posts
    • 252,081 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Regarding the annuals that were £2 RTC at the start of the RTC in M at the end of last year (assuming I found it straight away) - I had the Justin Bieber annual with a "£1 RTC" SEL in a store yesterday. I have now found further copies of the same annual at another store on store specific 25p sticker. (I wasn't looking for them.) So, again, RTC items in general can often be found at cheaper stickered prices on a store-specific basis. It will be a different item, or different range of items, in each store that, from time to time, has such an extra markdown (and not all stores have it at all times). Unfortunately M don't seem to want to mark down further the entirety of what they have on RTC in a single store - although I can imagine why not. If they do, I have yet to find that elusive store. So, I think it will just be whatever you can find marked down in your M. For example, someone at Aylesbury had a range of Toni & Guy products marked down at stickered £1.55 compared to national RTC £2. Be careful - stores can sometimes mark national RTC products up (possibly because the sticker may have been put on before they were reduced fiurther on the national RTC) - if this is the case, the ordinary BC on a product will scan at the national price but the store specific sticker would charge you more. I have had all sorts of items on RTC, only to find later, in one store, one of them marked down further then, later, another totally different item somewhere else at a cheaper store specific stickered price. So, watch out for RTC items in total - as it seems they regularly go onto cheaper still price somewhere (and it may just be a random item per store). One store you'll have a shampoo or two cheaper, another place will have some RTC crisps on cheaper price, another place a ring binder will be knocked down further (on sticker), you get the idea.

I also now have the Guinness World of Records 2016 book on store specific £2.50. As opposed to my "£5 RTC" of yesterday, when I may have called it Guinness Worlds of Records 2017 as that may be what the SEL in the earlier store said (if I've written that, it most probably was as I tend to be very accurate in information I take down - inaccuracies are usually a result of the information given to me being inaccurate, then I accurately take the inaccurate information). Anyway, the book I have on stickered £2.50 is clearly a 2016 edition. I imagine there would not be 2017 just yet. Some other store could have even cheaper prices than what I have found or slightly variant prices on specific sticker - it's up to you whether your store is worth their asking price or not and it is just pot-luck I think what you get.

EDIT: I don't know what the annuals being only the Justin Bieber one left around for me might say or does not. Maybe people don't really like Justin Bieber.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 10-03-2017 at 10:56 PM.
    M list - posts 3-13

M lost items - post 37.
    • tbw
    • By tbw 10th Mar 17, 10:51 PM
    • 4,593 Posts
    • 52,386 Thanks
    tbw
    Usual not stop, constantly looking at the clock wishing it wish 5 and time to go home, then wishing it was Friday,
    Honestly I wish my life away lol
    Originally posted by Tinasmummy
    Oh, didnt know that bubbs. Do you mean if your total is less than the evoucher they refund whatever the amount is? - or have I misunderstood which is more likely.
    Originally posted by chocaholics
    They paid mine directly back to my bank card.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 10th Mar 17, 11:01 PM
    • 19,428 Posts
    • 252,081 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    DM - how have you find British Pie Week?

According to John Bishop on Late Night With ... the top pie in the North is Steak and Potato (we would know it as Meat and Potato ).

In the South? Bannoffee Pie

I ask you, I wonder if we are the same country sometimes ..

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I have lots of pies around in M - they are doing a pie week promotion (and I am merely acting as a mouthpiece here for it by responding to this post).

Just when I thought I had everything... I had individual Chunky Steak Pie at 50p from my Ms yesterday. Every store gives me at least one more item. I now have a 2 pack version at £1 that I didn't know about before.

EDIT: Has someone got a 4 pack version about that I know nothing about?
    [Speaking the next bit in a friendly, 'normal' tone of voice with no surprise.] Have you?
    I don't know... I just... no idea!
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 10-03-2017 at 11:06 PM.
    M list - posts 3-13

M lost items - post 37.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Mar 17, 11:06 PM
    • 26,724 Posts
    • 369,233 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    DM - how have you find British Pie Week?

According to John Bishop on Late Night With ... the top pie in the North is Steak and Potato (we would know it as Meat and Potato ).

In the South? Bannoffee Pie

I ask you, I wonder if we are the same country sometimes ..

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    True southerner me.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 10th Mar 17, 11:13 PM
    • 19,428 Posts
    • 252,081 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Speaking of regional variations, I think there are probably some regional cheeses at £5/Kg. that I am missing and probably some 500ml regional beers/ales at £1. However, I don't know about these hypothetical items and there's nothing more I can do. Maybe I should revise my guide prices (that are a little high surely?) so that I exclude all these items. However, I have got what I can find - if I find any more later from somewhere, I will add them after they are found although I suspect I won't have some regions that are far away from me. A-ha! Msm has one that I was trying to imply from incomplete information from my stores - indeed, Badger Leaping Legend (500ml) is £1 in M. And Rhymney Bitter 500ml at £1. I can find some of them without visiting the right area. Anyone - what of the others I suspect exist which are not online?

I just have this feeling I am missing some and that there are more than what are online - I have some other than what are on there, already on my list, but I suspect there are more. So, despite now visiting 18 stores this week, there are - I know - some items that I am missing.

I just get what I can! But, this, really, just to make you aware that I do not exclude there being other alcoholic drink bottles somewhere that will not be listed on my list.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 10-03-2017 at 11:29 PM.
    M list - posts 3-13

M lost items - post 37.
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 10th Mar 17, 11:21 PM
    • 5,035 Posts
    • 62,811 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    True southerner me.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Do they have pie in France?
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 10th Mar 17, 11:32 PM
    • 19,428 Posts
    • 252,081 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Cheers.
    And whom is it against?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by latest flame
    It's against Waities.
    Your first question is outside my area of expertise/attentiveness so I can't answer it with any confidence sorry.
    M list - posts 3-13

M lost items - post 37.
    • latest flame
    • By latest flame 10th Mar 17, 11:36 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 568 Thanks
    latest flame
    It's against Waities.
    Your first question is outside my area of expertise/attentiveness so I can't answer it with any confidence sorry.
    Thanks, I'll do a C+C.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 10th Mar 17, 11:37 PM
    • 19,428 Posts
    • 252,081 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    A vs S

1x Always Discreet Plus M Incontinence Pants (9ct) £7.50 £6.50
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Gala Apple (Typically 160g) (per kg) £0.31 N/A
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 N/A
    0.12x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.09 £0.09
    1x Heinz Beanz in Rich Tomato Sauce (4x415g) £2.00 N/A
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Original Porridge (324g) £2.38 £2.00
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Golden Syrup Porridge (360g) £2.38 £2.00

Always £6 coupon on victoria.co.uk
    Originally posted by gocat
    Maybe the Tomato Sauce is too Rich for them? Not comparing against S? Is it comparing against anywhere? TIA.
    M list - posts 3-13

M lost items - post 37.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Mar 17, 11:37 PM
    • 26,724 Posts
    • 369,233 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Do they have pie in France?
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    Don't tell DM but most of them are really tarts.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 10th Mar 17, 11:42 PM
    • 19,428 Posts
    • 252,081 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Fwiw, this is also available in M for £2. I think I've not paid much attention to this ever since I got a 4+ 2 free version from A for £1.50 several years back. I really don't compare against expensive 50p each soups nowadays, unless there is some glitch.

Heinz Classic Cream of Tomato Soup (4x400g)

£3.30 £2.00 12.5p / 100g

• £3.29
      £2.00

• £3.29
      £2.50

• £3.29
      £2.50

• £2.50

• £2.69

• £2.98

• ---
    I don't have full confidence in the APG picking up the M price - however what do I know and maybe my thinking it might not work says something? I don't give any guarantee. The product is widespread enough for me - it's just that I don't think it's in the right location in the stores (but maybe I haven't noticed it in the 'right' place as I don't pay much attention to the product at this price? - although I have noticed it and, once I saw the product and offer label, I didn't need to enquire more into it than that).
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 10-03-2017 at 11:51 PM.
    M list - posts 3-13

M lost items - post 37.
    • chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 10th Mar 17, 11:47 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 3,275 Thanks
    chocaholics
    They paid mine directly back to my bank card.
    Originally posted by tbw
    Thanks tbw I'll check my statement.

Yipee, I have got a refund from the last shop so hopefully will get one from todays as well. Chuffed and thanks.x
    Last edited by chocaholics; 10-03-2017 at 11:55 PM.
    • chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 11th Mar 17, 12:00 AM
    • 286 Posts
    • 3,275 Thanks
    chocaholics
    Cheers.
    And whom is it against?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by latest flame
    It is the same for HD as C&C although mine was a weird one today., but minimum spend £40.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 11th Mar 17, 12:13 AM
    • 4,382 Posts
    • 49,860 Thanks
    gocat
    Maybe the Tomato Sauce is too Rich for them? Not comparing against S? Is it comparing against anywhere? TIA.
    T n W £2
    M £2.58

Might as well give you A vs M while Im here

1x ASDA Grower's Selection Baby Potatoes (1kg) £0.85 £1.00
    1x Heinz No Added Sugar Beanz in a Rich Tomato Sauce (4x415g) £2.00 N/A
    1x Always Discreet Plus M Incontinence Pants (9ct) £7.50 £7.47
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Gala Apple (Typically 160g) (per kg) £0.31 N/A
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 £0.10
    0.12x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.09 £0.08
    1x Heinz Beanz in Rich Tomato Sauce (4x415g) £2.00 £2.58
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Original Porridge (324g) £2.38 £2.00
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Golden Syrup Porridge (360g) £2.38 £2.00
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Pears (1.2kg) £2.00 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £15.30 £15.23
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,669Posts Today

7,378Users online

Martin's Twitter