Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 12,436Posts
    • 35,528Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3368
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Mar 17, 8:42 PM
    • 31,863 Posts
    • 455,121 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Evening All,

Sharpies must have been restocked at my store, ordered 10 and got 7 plus 3 subs.

Anyone with a TSB credit card (me and DW have one each) should have got an email today saying the 1% cachback on the first £500 is being extended by 18 months.

Nice £180 for little effort.

Cheers,
    Sad_Dad
    Originally posted by Sad_Dad
    Are you still happy these days sad _ dad
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 17, 8:45 PM
    • 48,272 Posts
    • 593,228 Thanks
    bubbs
    I've had a brilliant day today.

I've had this idea chasing around in my head for years.

One of the downfalls of giving food parcels is that it doesn't really solve a lot of the underlying problems. It's a sort of stopgap measure...like a sticking plaster.
    One of the underlying problems is lack of knowledge/ experience/ not being able to shop and cook on a budget.

Imagine picking up a food parcel and attached to it, is a volunteer with a carrier bag of ingredients who would go back to your house with you and show you how to cook a very basic family meal. Imagine the kids coming home to a tasty casserole.
    So ....you start with a very basic repertoire of 4/5 meals, costed out at between £2 and £3 per meal for 4 for example.
    There's lots of things to be ironed out....health and safety and risk assessments, lack of cooking equipment ....some families are without even the most basic cookery stuff

Anyway I did a pitch for some funding today and it went really well. I feel really hopeful that this sort of intervention could make a huge difference to people...improving their health and lifestyle.

There's an army of women out there who are savvy shoppers and brilliant cooks. If we could match them with the young families who are struggling it would be a dream come true

What do you think?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I think thats a fantastic idea
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 4lb week 35
    • MKS
    • By MKS 10th Mar 17, 8:47 PM
    • 9,472 Posts
    • 147,954 Thanks
    MKS
    Oh god def not

Actually think my sister is on o2 will ask her later

How are you?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Hope she has, for you.
    Ok'ish. You? xx
    • Sad_Dad
    • By Sad_Dad 10th Mar 17, 9:03 PM
    • 767 Posts
    • 11,590 Thanks
    Sad_Dad
    Are you still happy these days sad _ dad
    Hi TM,

Stiill pretty happy, thanks.

Things are still going well with my home and work life and I've got my finances back in order but need to spend some big money on my house in the next couple of years.

I'm enjoying getting lots of eVouchers at the moment.

How are you?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 17, 9:04 PM
    • 48,272 Posts
    • 593,228 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hope she has, for you.
    Ok'ish. You? xx
    Originally posted by MKS
    Ohh booger forgot to ask her
    Same OKish
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Mar 17, 9:15 PM
    • 31,863 Posts
    • 455,121 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Hi TM,

Stiill pretty happy, thanks.

Things are still going well with my home and work life and I've got my finances back in order but need to spend some big money on my house in the next couple of years.

I'm enjoying getting lots of eVouchers at the moment.

How are you?
    Oh I'm lovely tonight

Your "spending money on the house" won't be the same as the man in the street. There'll be cashback, discounts and all manner of money saving shenanigans
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Mar 17, 9:17 PM
    • 31,863 Posts
    • 455,121 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Got a boatload of W coupons in the post today including free Cadburys ice creams.

I can't be bothered to get up and look to see what they are

I will have to do some reasearch tomorrow to see if it's worth a trip to Harrogate
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Mar 17, 9:18 PM
    • 14,891 Posts
    • 185,214 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    You wouldn't believe how hard it is to be a patient transport volunteer, believe me, I'm trying!
    Originally posted by pippo
    Not as trying as SSM
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Too true!!
    Originally posted by pippo
    Cheeky, I was a good daughter.....and organised a rota for driving dad to and from appointments, then bribed friends/family to do my journeys in exchange for their kids staying at my house overnight on Saturday night... aka a night when you can party hard! Strangely lots of friends offered to take dad into hospital!!!
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Sad_Dad
    • By Sad_Dad 10th Mar 17, 9:20 PM
    • 767 Posts
    • 11,590 Thanks
    Sad_Dad
    Oh I'm lovely tonight

Your "spending money on the house" won't be the same as the man in the street. There'll be cashback, discounts and all manner of money saving shenanigans
    Glad you are lovely.

Not too sure about that, once my DW starts deciding what we are having I don't really have much say.

About to watch gogglebox with the family, got some free carling to drink.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Mar 17, 9:23 PM
    • 31,863 Posts
    • 455,121 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Glad you are lovely.

Not too sure about that, once my DW starts deciding what we are having I don't really have much say.

About to watch gogglebox with the family, got some free carling to drink.
    Didn't your job move you away from A......

Enjoy your viewing .....
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 10th Mar 17, 9:23 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 4,050 Thanks
    chocaholics
    Your evouchers will be credited in cash back to your account i read on here the other day
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Oh, didnt know that bubbs. Do you mean if your total is less than the evoucher they refund whatever the amount is? - or have I misunderstood which is more likely.
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 10th Mar 17, 9:23 PM
    • 5,220 Posts
    • 68,839 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Well done mhoc, the relief in your post is palpable.

Fab idea TM
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Mar 17, 9:25 PM
    • 31,863 Posts
    • 455,121 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Has everyone got their 1000 nectar points from Virgin. Has ANYONE got the Viking points yet?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 17, 9:30 PM
    • 48,272 Posts
    • 593,228 Thanks
    bubbs
    Oh, didnt know that bubbs. Do you mean if your total is less than the evoucher they refund whatever the amount is? - or have I misunderstood which is more likely.
    Originally posted by chocaholics
    Yes think it was tbw that said it
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 17, 9:32 PM
    • 48,272 Posts
    • 593,228 Thanks
    bubbs
    An odd thing happened with my last CC order (done just to use up £44 apg and buying just stuff on offer and nothing that would be cheaper elsewhere). The e vouchers left me with just £2/£3 to pay on my card. An electric toothbrush and a couple of other items were OOS so my order went into a negative balance - and the exact amount was credited back to my card account this morning. I thought I would have lost the e vouchers and didn;t expect the cash to go back into my account !
    Originally posted by tbw
    Here it is
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • shirley999
    • By shirley999 10th Mar 17, 9:34 PM
    • 1,772 Posts
    • 14,355 Thanks
    shirley999
    Has everyone got their 1000 nectar points from Virgin. Has ANYONE got the Viking points yet?
    I can only speak for myself; yes, and no. Very lucky to get the Virgin points as it wasn't a Virgin train I booked!
    • XxxX
    • By XxxX 10th Mar 17, 9:36 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 464 Thanks
    XxxX
    I seem to remember this being posted about a couple of times over the last few years. I think it must be to do with the way your driver/store processes the refusals on their system.
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    probably the correct way. but lucky for us the training is not covering this very well
    • streetlights
    • By streetlights 10th Mar 17, 9:38 PM
    • 3,565 Posts
    • 68,588 Thanks
    streetlights
    Good evening I hope you are well. From a womble dated today AvM
    1x L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Express Pro Self-Tanning Dry Mist Medium Skin Body (150ml) £15.00 £10.00

1x ASDA Fishmonger's Selection Mussels in White Wine Sauce (500g) £3.00 £2.00

AvT

1x L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Express Pro Self-Tanning Dry Mist Medium Skin Body (150ml) £15.00 £14.00
    Mortgage debt 45,000. Thank you all for your help so far in helping me save to buy the house. I could not have done this without all your help.
    • streetlights
    • By streetlights 10th Mar 17, 9:41 PM
    • 3,565 Posts
    • 68,588 Thanks
    streetlights
    womble AvM
    1x Carling Lager (20x440) £14.00 £12.00
    Mortgage debt 45,000. Thank you all for your help so far in helping me save to buy the house. I could not have done this without all your help.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Mar 17, 9:42 PM
    • 31,863 Posts
    • 455,121 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I can only speak for myself; yes, and no. Very lucky to get the Virgin points as it wasn't a Virgin train I booked!
    Originally posted by shirley999

I'm sure some of us were on the Megabus
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,769Posts Today

7,432Users online

Martin's Twitter