Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,541Posts
    • 33,652Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3366
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Mar 17, 6:23 PM
    • 27,273 Posts
    • 398,944 Thanks
    tweets
    Well done Ed Sheeran

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/uk-top-40-singles-chart/
    Lost 3st-3.5lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Mar 17, 6:27 PM
    • 15,149 Posts
    • 181,136 Thanks
    mhoc
    Yeehaaaaaaaaaaa glad ts been done
    Originally posted by bubbs
    me too, it feels like a dreadful burden has gone.

Everyone can come round now armed with homemade cake and wine as I don't need to be embarrassed about the livingroom now for the fist time in years
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 17, 6:32 PM
    • 45,153 Posts
    • 538,294 Thanks
    bubbs
    me too, it feels like a dreadful burden has gone.

Everyone can come round now armed with homemade cake and wine as I don't need to be embarrassed about the livingroom now for the fist time in years
    Originally posted by mhoc
    At the end of the day people come to see you not the house but glad you feel better about it
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 17, 6:33 PM
    • 45,153 Posts
    • 538,294 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thats amazing
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 10th Mar 17, 6:41 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 3,275 Thanks
    chocaholics
    Afternoon guys, I refused sharpies as I thought they were the wrong ones - do they not say with shower holder in them?, anyway I thought this was a good reason to refuse them. I also refused a manky bag of mixed veg as well, but neither have appeared on the apg. Is this something new then. Items not received not on apg?
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Mar 17, 6:59 PM
    • 17,398 Posts
    • 187,089 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Well done mhoc, now you have to stop him re-developing that pile.

If you can manage to get him to do that, I am sure I can manage to get OH to sort his pile in our room at some stage. I thought he would do it when we (read that as I) redecorated last year but it moved to the spare room and back intact!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 10th Mar 17, 7:04 PM
    • 489 Posts
    • 6,362 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    Afternoon guys, I refused sharpies as I thought they were the wrong ones - do they not say with shower holder in them?, anyway I thought this was a good reason to refuse them. I also refused a manky bag of mixed veg as well, but neither have appeared on the apg. Is this something new then. Items not received not on apg?
    Originally posted by chocaholics
    Are you saying that the Sharpies didn't show on APG because they should have ? Even if you refused them

SnS
    • chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 10th Mar 17, 7:07 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 3,275 Thanks
    chocaholics
    Are you saying that the Sharpies didn't show on APG because they should have ? Even if you refused them

SnS
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    Yes, no sign of either refused items.
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 10th Mar 17, 7:09 PM
    • 5,168 Posts
    • 91,678 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Is this any good?

http://www.latestfreestuff.co.uk/free-make-up/free-benefit-make-up/
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Mar 17, 7:15 PM
    • 15,149 Posts
    • 181,136 Thanks
    mhoc
    Well done mhoc, now you have to stop him re-developing that pile.

If you can manage to get him to do that, I am sure I can manage to get OH to sort his pile in our room at some stage. I thought he would do it when we (read that as I) redecorated last year but it moved to the spare room and back intact!
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Yes, its going to be a challenge as he is both a hoarder and a procrastinator and completely oblivious to mess but I am hoping the shock tactics of this afternoon will stay with him - I took photos of the heap - never want things to ever go that bad again.

Its taken me 3 decades but if I can tame my OHs messiness than I think it might be possible for anyone - you just have to be very firm with them.
    My OH has made vague attempts before, about once a year but it all comes back because he did not actually pull everything out, you really have to bottom out
    I've worked on and off for many months on getting the rest of the house in some sort of order, the living room was the biggest bleak spot

How did your OH get it back into the newly decorated room - did he sneak things back, a bit at a time or did the boxes just appear one day - I think I would have lost the plot
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 17, 7:16 PM
    • 45,153 Posts
    • 538,294 Thanks
    bubbs
    Originally posted by chocaholics
    I had an order today but there were subs which i refused, but mine not gone collected yet so cant check
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Mar 17, 7:19 PM
    • 17,398 Posts
    • 187,089 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Yes, its going to be a challenge as he is both a hoarder and a procrastinator and completely oblivious to mess but I am hoping the shock tactics of this afternoon will stay with him - I took photos of the heap - never want things to ever go that bad again.

Its taken me 3 decades but if I can tame my OHs messiness than I think it might be possible for anyone - you just have to be very firm with them.
    My OH has made vague attempts before, about once a year but it all comes back because he did not actually pull everything out, you really have to bottom out
    I've worked on and off for many months on getting the rest of the house in some sort of order, the living room was the biggest bleak spot

How did your OH get it back into the newly decorated room - did he sneak things back, a bit at a time or did the boxes just appear one day - I think I would have lost the plot
    Originally posted by mhoc
    It sneaked into his wardrobe when it was meant to be put in the spare room to be sorted - so much stuff had to be moved it was impossible to keep track. It then reappeared in exactly the same place after a couple of weeks of having a lovely tidy freshly decorated room His argument is that it is on his side of the bed
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 17, 7:20 PM
    • 45,153 Posts
    • 538,294 Thanks
    bubbs
    Bogof across all items @ Claire's online including sale
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 10th Mar 17, 7:21 PM
    • 1,288 Posts
    • 12,983 Thanks
    curl girl
    Evening peeps.

Just to say I have been with Mr T mobile for years and have only recently realised I could register for priority.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 17, 7:21 PM
    • 45,153 Posts
    • 538,294 Thanks
    bubbs
    Are these ladies or childrens please does anyone know?

http://www.claires.co.uk/white-patterned-fingerless-gloves/shop/fcp-product/56507
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • underperky
    • By underperky 10th Mar 17, 7:22 PM
    • 4,883 Posts
    • 61,161 Thanks
    underperky
    Sorry to hear of your father in law's passing Enterprise
    • underperky
    • By underperky 10th Mar 17, 7:29 PM
    • 4,883 Posts
    • 61,161 Thanks
    underperky
    Mhoc glad you got your living room back
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 17, 7:30 PM
    • 45,153 Posts
    • 538,294 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hi Perky
    How are you?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Mar 17, 7:34 PM
    • 24,286 Posts
    • 290,277 Thanks
    davemorton
    Good make-up (although you wont get much for a tenner) but never heard of the site. Dunno.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • vanilla twist
    • By vanilla twist 10th Mar 17, 7:41 PM
    • 3,862 Posts
    • 57,556 Thanks
    vanilla twist
    I think Boden have finally cottoned on to me

I got a £10 voucher in the post today.

But they want me to spend £30
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I got this but also got a birthday £10 last week with no minimum spend. Wish the 2 would work together along with the code.

Evening

The lovely N called in today bringing with her a couple of things I asked for plus the choc buttons from home bargains and whoopsies daffs

The angel that she is I now no longer have a floppy bandage

Foot is doing really well nothing like the left on at all so hopefully recovery will be quicker.all okay as long as I don't catch my achilles with sudden movements.

Stupid SD site not playing ball. I have never know such a bad website. Was going to buy some face masks for freebie perfume but just can't get logged in at the moment.

Oh well I don't need them and this is my 7 th nsd a total 7 for the month

V x
    Last edited by vanilla twist; 11-03-2017 at 7:56 PM.
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back
    Originally posted by fairclaire
    May the odds be ever in your favour

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,021Posts Today

6,766Users online

Martin's Twitter