Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 12,039Posts
    • 34,685Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3365
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Mar 17, 5:11 PM
    • 25,777 Posts
    • 301,840 Thanks
    davemorton
    Thanks scamps. Did not know that. So an unlocked phone with a 3 sim should work bubbles. If not I guess there's a free unlock out there somewhere?
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    oh its not unlocked
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Yes, phone needs to be unlocked to connect to 02 to activate account. once thats done, you put your old one back in.
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    If your phone isnt unlocked, just find someone with a phone that is, or is on O2, and put the O2 sim in there, get the code, and then just toss the sim away. Put the code into the app on your locked phone.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 10th Mar 17, 5:13 PM
    • 19,513 Posts
    • 253,043 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    ASDA Cheese & Ham Snack Pizza (114g)55p TBC
    ASDA Cheese & Tomato Pizza (110g)55p TBC
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    I do not know why the M snack pizzas are showing 50p on m.com - perhaps it hasn't been updated for months - and therefore one of them was showing potential comp. of 55p vs 50p Avs M on msm. This caused me to note the items from online pending my own check of them instore as I knew I hadn't seen 50p anywhere. These pizzas are showing me 57p in every M I've seen them in (that's a further price increase from the 55p they were several months ago). So, they do not appear to be as good as vs50p and may compare worse than 57p because it looks like M is lower weight (I will need to check Cheese & Tomato as I think I have 111g but online is saying 106g - however that's fwiw). Sal used to get these on wombles - perhaps she has an up-to-date APG result?
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 10-03-2017 at 5:15 PM.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 10th Mar 17, 5:13 PM
    • 2,627 Posts
    • 34,521 Thanks
    pacifica9
    If your phone isnt unlocked, just find someone with a phone that is, or is on O2, and put the O2 sim in there, get the code, and then just toss the sim away. Put the code into the app on your locked phone.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Thanks DM. (And scamps) I thought that's how it worked.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Mar 17, 5:14 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    We have this. On my 'to do' list is to investigate how to spend my rewards. Any tips?
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Good question - the best usage is to sort of up cycle the rewards, sort of to make them stretch further.
    Ive not had a proper look at the list yet - possibly it needs writing out in list form as a memory aid so its easier to cross match.

Off the top of my head I think Cafe Nero was on the list so if you can exchange a £5 reward for a £5 e- voucher then in Neros use the Virgin Money app reward which gives you a free hot drink with every one you buy., use your e voucher to buy one drink, get one free.
    if it works that way - possibly

It would also depend on how long it takes for rewards to become e vouchers - maybe some are actually physical gift cards instead.

I think I saw Cunard on the list but your bills would have to be whoppers to get enough rewards to make a dent in a Cunard final invoice

It needs further investigation I think
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Mar 17, 5:32 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    The only shopping we did this afternoon was in Sainsbobs to get the free stuffing packs for COS and free chocolate biscuits for shopimum.
    Also I had a till spit for Iams

I was getting the bonio but then I thought this is my excuse to go Waitrose on Sunday

On the way in I tided some trolleys - I was getting some badly fitting clothing as I'd got a spend £30 get 8p off fuel and also 600 pointer.
    One of my wombles was for
    1200 for Tu clothing
    which sadly didnt scan so the helpful SS assistant took my card and till spit and trotted off to CS for me
    In the meantime I was scanning the 300 for Iams, 600 for Tu and fuel till spit, all worked nicely

The badly fitting clothing may have to be returned to be exchanged for more badly fitting clothing as I came across another Tu till spit on the way out ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • MKS
    • By MKS 10th Mar 17, 5:46 PM
    • 9,603 Posts
    • 147,287 Thanks
    MKS
    Hate to bring the thread down, but my wonderful Father in law has passed

He was more of a father to me than my own father ever even tried to be, and will be sorely missed.

I am just so glad we managed to get the kids to see him before he went.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Sorry for your loss, E. x
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 10th Mar 17, 5:46 PM
    • 35,686 Posts
    • 150,371 Thanks
    silvercar
    Good question - the best usage is to sort of up cycle the rewards, sort of to make them stretch further.
    Ive not had a proper look at the list yet - possibly it needs writing out in list form as a memory aid so its easier to cross match.

Off the top of my head I think Cafe Nero was on the list so if you can exchange a £5 reward for a £5 e- voucher then in Neros use the Virgin Money app reward which gives you a free hot drink with every one you buy., use your e voucher to buy one drink, get one free.
    if it works that way - possibly

It would also depend on how long it takes for rewards to become e vouchers - maybe some are actually physical gift cards instead.

I think I saw Cunard on the list but your bills would have to be whoppers to get enough rewards to make a dent in a Cunard final invoice

It needs further investigation I think
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Thanks for this.

Someone said Amazon vouchers to feed the kindle, but that isn't more than £1=£1.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 10th Mar 17, 5:48 PM
    • 9,603 Posts
    • 147,287 Thanks
    MKS
    When in a's look at toiletries, selected radox bubble bath and shower gel 49p, carex hand wash 50p was empty i didnt get any but did get
    4 pack pampers sensitive wipes £1.75
    Are you trying to tell us something?
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 10th Mar 17, 5:50 PM
    • 3,246 Posts
    • 31,106 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Enterprise, very sorry for your loss.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 17, 5:52 PM
    • 49,747 Posts
    • 574,966 Thanks
    bubbs
    Fabby fingers!!
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Bargain eh? didnt buy any though
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 4 1/2 lb week 21
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 10th Mar 17, 5:52 PM
    • 3,246 Posts
    • 31,106 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Scamps does the phone have to be unlocked for the app to work or just to get the code please? I got the code by putting the sim in an old (non-smart) phone but use the app on my normal phone. Both are unlocked but for future/anyone else's ref? Please and thank you.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    I have a feeling I did this too. I don't think I put the sim in my smart phone. But it was so long ago, I can't remember.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 10th Mar 17, 5:52 PM
    • 9,603 Posts
    • 147,287 Thanks
    MKS
    oh its not unlocked
    Don't any of your friends have an unlocked one?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 17, 5:53 PM
    • 49,747 Posts
    • 574,966 Thanks
    bubbs
    Get a £10 cheap phone. I have am ancient Nokia. sim also in tosser for 99p
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    I have a spare phone but its a 3, might be able to find another ,ohhhhhhhhh actually i have an old tosco one i think
    Got time to look while waiting for sim
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 4 1/2 lb week 21
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 17, 5:55 PM
    • 49,747 Posts
    • 574,966 Thanks
    bubbs
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Im not very good with apps will have to abduct a child to do it
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 4 1/2 lb week 21
    • MKS
    • By MKS 10th Mar 17, 5:56 PM
    • 9,603 Posts
    • 147,287 Thanks
    MKS
    Yes, phone needs to be unlocked to connect to 02 to activate account. once thats done, you put your old one back in.
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Any unlocked phone will do, we used DS's old one, downloaded the app to each phone and then just put the validation code in.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 17, 5:57 PM
    • 49,747 Posts
    • 574,966 Thanks
    bubbs
    Are you trying to tell us something?
    Originally posted by MKS
    Oh god def not
    Don't any of your friends have an unlocked one?
    Originally posted by MKS
    Actually think my sister is on o2 will ask her later

How are you?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 4 1/2 lb week 21
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Mar 17, 6:00 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    And my other major news this afternoon is I finally got OH to clear his messy corner of the living room Its only taken me 30 years to get him to finally completely clear it out - more or less a minor miracle

Firstly when I suggested that this afternoon was THE day for doing it he tried grumbling, said the sofa could not be moved out which of course it could. Then I made him completely bottom out - everything came out from behind the sofa, the floor between the sofa and the cabinet, the glass cabinet itself was emptied, the window ledge ...
    The mound in the middle of the living room floor was horrendous - honestly it would have reduced most people to tears, it was so much worse than I even imagined.
    I vacuumed and wiped down everything including the mess behind the cabinet as well as inside, the window ledge everything was scoured.
    Mostly OH had to sort through the mess himself which he was not totally happy about but he had to do it- a box for paper recycling, another of card, the wash basket full of old computer CDs were binned plus masses of nameless odds and sods, big pile of DVDs and other odds for the charity shop, big mound of railway magazines which are also getting recycled, washing machine load of socks and 3 fleeces
    All thats gone back into the cabinet are 2 cameras and a small tablet in its case, 2 sets of DVD sets in their cases, 4 of his train models. The only railway stuff was a glass round thing and a round metal thing ( nameless things which he is sentimentally attached to ) and I gave him a plastic wallet for photos. Even his medicine stash has been re homed although I don't know where to

- and thats it - about 95% all gone

The window is now clear so we have a good view afterwards of the bird feeder and the woodpecker enjoying himself on the peanut feeder
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 17, 6:08 PM
    • 49,747 Posts
    • 574,966 Thanks
    bubbs
    And my other major news this afternoon is I finally got OH to clear his messy corner of the living room Its only taken me 30 years to get him to finally completely clear it out - more or less a minor miracle

Firstly when I suggested that this afternoon was THE day for doing it he tried grumbling, said the sofa could not be moved out which of course it could. Then I made him completely bottom out - everything came out from behind the sofa, the floor between the sofa and the cabinet, the glass cabinet itself was emptied, the window ledge ...
    The mound in the middle of the living room floor was horrendous - honestly it would have reduced most people to tears, it was so much worse than I even imagined.
    I vacuumed and wiped down everything including the mess behind the cabinet as well as inside, the window ledge everything was scoured.
    Mostly OH had to sort through the mess himself which he was not totally happy about but he had to do it- a box for paper recycling, another of card, the wash basket full of old computer CDs were binned plus masses of nameless odds and sods, big pile of DVDs and other odds for the charity shop, big mound of railway magazines which are also getting recycled, washing machine load of socks and 3 fleeces
    All thats gone back into the cabinet are 2 cameras and a small tablet in its case, 2 sets of DVD sets in their cases, 4 of his train models. The only railway stuff was a glass round thing and a round metal thing ( nameless things which he is sentimentally attached to ) and I gave him a plastic wallet for photos. Even his medicine stash has been re homed although I don't know where to

- and thats it - about 95% all gone

The window is now clear so we have a good view afterwards of the bird feeder and the woodpecker enjoying himself on the peanut feeder
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Yeehaaaaaaaaaaa glad ts been done
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 4 1/2 lb week 21
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 10th Mar 17, 6:13 PM
    • 6,920 Posts
    • 88,905 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    Hate to bring the thread down, but my wonderful Father in law has passed

He was more of a father to me than my own father ever even tried to be, and will be sorely missed.

I am just so glad we managed to get the kids to see him before he went.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I'm sorry to hear this. Sending my love to you and your family x
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Mar 17, 6:23 PM
    • 28,458 Posts
    • 409,063 Thanks
    tweets
    Well done Ed Sheeran

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/uk-top-40-singles-chart/
    Lost 3st-2lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,775Posts Today

8,996Users online

Martin's Twitter