Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,177Posts
    • 32,691Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1446
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 18th Oct 16, 5:09 PM
    • 3,289 Posts
    • 34,055 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I thought I'd better come on and show my face, as not actually logged onto MSE since before my holiday. It feels like my whole world has changed since then!

In a nutshell the holiday was incredible, and I have come back no longer a single lady. It was completely and utterly unexpected, but am very happy, and the reason for my absence on here is I'm spending all my days off at his place. We're keeping it kind of under wraps for now, well certainly on facebook. Everyone that's important to us knows. Without being too cryptic, I'm sure a few of you on here may be able to work out who it is given what happened this year, and the reason why we are keeping it quiet for a while.

Anyway, I have not read back, so I have absolutely no idea at all what is going on. Bubbs was kind enough to text me about the muller glitch, although I actually couldn't get to Asda that day missed out. I'm sure I've missed tonnes on here.

I hope all is well with everyone?

DM the rum runners and shampoo smuggling bottles worked a treat. I had so much alcohol I even ended up bringing some home! Would definitely use them again.
    Originally posted by Ladyshopper

Wonderful news! I am thrilled for you.

Wishing you both all things good. You both deserve to be happy. xx
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• redfox
    • By redfox 18th Oct 16, 5:10 PM
    • 11,177 Posts
    • 32,691 Thanks
    redfox
    Another bit of Waitrose belt tightening!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5542740

first the coffee, now the paper....

I wonder if My Picks will be next
    Last edited by redfox; 18-10-2016 at 5:14 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Oct 16, 5:12 PM
    • 41,381 Posts
    • 502,671 Thanks
    bubbs
    Havent used my Waitrose card for about 2 months and got till spit today £6 off £30 valid until Tuesday, 1st November.

Forgot something and called in another Waitrose on way home and got another till spit same amount and same date

Now to stalk Zippy for the best bargains
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Trust you to get Jam on it
    I went today didnt get one
    Viakal works out £2.72 for 2 with paper and tea on my picks and multibuy
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Oct 16, 5:14 PM
    • 41,381 Posts
    • 502,671 Thanks
    bubbs

Originally posted by redfox
    Grrrrrrrr not fair
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 18th Oct 16, 5:15 PM
    • 3,289 Posts
    • 34,055 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Frugal October - £2.95 T's - soya milk, my only purchase today.

Tonight is bacon, eggs from butcher, black pudding from freezer, hash browns and tomatoes or beans.

Weight loss stable at minus 7lbs.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• lookinforabargain
    • By lookinforabargain 18th Oct 16, 5:16 PM
    • 8,942 Posts
    • 148,202 Thanks
    lookinforabargain
    I have just read that some people have received a email stating that they are a power buyer and can add any amount per day.They have been getting a voucher every 3 days.I believe that it is relating to aldi and lidl receipts.some people have tried it without receiving the email and the receipts have been accepted.

I have not tried it.
    Originally posted by savvy sal
    Ooh interesting. Aldi and Lidl are both within a few minutes to me, think I'll pop out for a womble and try this theory out. Where did you read about it if you don't mind me asking? I'll let you know if it works for me
    ...those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

PRIDE

There's a fork in the road, which way will you go
    You standing still or will you step into the great unknown,
    Is yours to decide, this is your life.

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Oct 16, 5:17 PM
    • 41,381 Posts
    • 502,671 Thanks
    bubbs
    Frugal October - £2.95 T's - soya milk, my only purchase today.

Tonight is bacon, eggs from butcher, black pudding from freezer, hash browns and tomatoes or beans.

Weight loss stable at minus 7lbs.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Yum yum, well done on your weight loss
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 18th Oct 16, 5:20 PM
    • 18,974 Posts
    • 247,340 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Soreen Original Malt Loaf (260g) is now back at 77p in M but not getting onto the list this time ( - it should never have got onto the list several months ago or ever) as T has been somewhat cheaper than this before. I know msm's price graph suggests T has been £1. These price graphs are wrong.

I can say for a fact it was 260g that was on offer (now expired) at T (T now £1.20) as it was the one that I bought and I have checked and it is this one.
    M list - posts 3-13

M lost items - post 37.
    M lost list part 2 - page 4, post 145.
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 18th Oct 16, 5:21 PM
    • 4,702 Posts
    • 71,123 Thanks
    savvy sal
    Ooh interesting. Aldi and Lidl are both within a few minutes to me, think I'll pop out for a womble and try this theory out. Where did you read about it if you don't mind me asking? I'll let you know if it works for me
    Originally posted by lookinforabargain
    On the wombling f/b
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 18th Oct 16, 5:24 PM
    • 3,289 Posts
    • 34,055 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Yum yum, well done on your weight loss
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Thanks, it's staying off which is the main thing, I think I am more active these days.

Likely to go over budget, though. But in fairness £7 of total was spent on family, should have allowed a bit extra for that, or considered it as a different category.

• izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 18th Oct 16, 5:30 PM
    • 3,841 Posts
    • 78,117 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Trust you to get Jam on it
    I went today didnt get one
    Viakal works out £2.72 for 2 with paper and tea on my picks and multibuy
    Originally posted by bubbs
    LOL I would have preferred to get what you got jam on though

I didn't get S&S in recent mailing though. When I have been lucky enough to get S&S in store before, I have managed to get 3 on the one card.

I don't need Viakal right now, still have about a dozen from when they were going through the till in tossers at 25p a long while back.

Noticed they were filling up the Christmas chocks this morning so hopefully might be a bargain there.
    N1LDA
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Oct 16, 5:35 PM
    • 41,381 Posts
    • 502,671 Thanks
    bubbs
    LOL I would have preferred to get what you got jam on though

I didn't get S&S in recent mailing though. When I have been lucky enough to get S&S in store before, I have managed to get 3 on the one card.

I don't need Viakal right now, still have about a dozen from when they were going through the till in tossers at 25p a long while back.

Noticed they were filling up the Christmas chocks this morning so hopefully might be a bargain there.
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    I couldnt remember what it was i had jam on, but just remembered the 5,000
    I must have missed it going through at 25p, anchor spreadable buttter is good, the sausages with bacon wrapped round, birds eye peas.
    Just sorting dinner will be back after
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 18th Oct 16, 5:36 PM
    • 877 Posts
    • 9,162 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Just out of superdrug , offers are changing tonight, no gift boxes left. Staff could not tell me what the new one were. Price labels off of tresemme so that seems to be a definite change. Sorry if this has already been posted.
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 18th Oct 16, 5:37 PM
    • 1,637 Posts
    • 17,275 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Afternoon

Yes .Muller should be ok 11+1.

It was mentioned yesterday that options 4 for £1 in asda and tesco.
    https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/4-for-pound100/ls87280

The salted caramel one is not included in the offer on a.com but if it is in the 4 for £1 in store it should glitch.

You could try 3 of the others and one salted caramel or 4 salted caramel.
    If the salted caramel is a trigger then it would return 70p on a £1 spend .Making 4 for 30p.
    I tried the cashpoint for the shake and shake fries....Not at my Sada....just shows ProActiv is on promotion..Anyone else found them yet...
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • lookinforabargain
    • By lookinforabargain 18th Oct 16, 5:40 PM
    • 8,942 Posts
    • 148,202 Thanks
    lookinforabargain
    On the wombling f/b
    Ah okay thanks. Didn't work for me, I got the 'you've reached your daily snap limit' was worth a try though! I've now got tomorrow's receipts sorted so not a wasted journey
    ...those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

PRIDE

There's a fork in the road, which way will you go
    You standing still or will you step into the great unknown,
    Is yours to decide, this is your life.

• Nannylala
    • By Nannylala 18th Oct 16, 5:43 PM
    • 6,733 Posts
    • 109,596 Thanks
    Nannylala
    Ladyshopper how lovely to see you pop in was only thinking about you recently ..so pleasedc you had a good holiday and thrilled to hear you news you so deserve to be happy after all you have been through over the last year
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 18th Oct 16, 5:52 PM
    • 13,298 Posts
    • 214,520 Thanks
    zippydooda

first the coffee, now the paper....

I wonder if My Picks will be next
    Originally posted by redfox
    did they not do that about 18months ago. then change it back to a fiver. doubt they will this time though.
    It is great news about zippy. God can you imagine him as a granddad... 'If Carlsberg done Grandfathers.... he would be Zippy'.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    baby boy 14/10/15 6lb 12oz
    • redfox
    • By redfox 18th Oct 16, 5:57 PM
    • 11,177 Posts
    • 32,691 Thanks
    redfox
    did they not do that about 18months ago. then change it back to a fiver. doubt they will this time though.
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    I don't think they will either. They are obviously feeling the pinch as my local is laying off some staff and cutting the hours of a lot of the remaining ones. I feel sorry for the girls I talk to there as they are really lovely girls and all are really worried about the lowering of their earnings

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 18th Oct 16, 6:07 PM
    • 911 Posts
    • 8,986 Thanks
    curl girl
    5receipts per day. Doesn't matter about the monetary value, you get 100 coins for each receipt. All shops count and I've done multiple from the same shop in a day. As in I've wombles 5 Lidl receipts and put them all in and had no issues.
    If you click on the level bar it'll tell you how far away from the next level you are and what you with for each receipt. You get a daily bonus of coins for.opening the app each day and a bonus when you reach the next level.
    I don't enter the sweepstakes, I prefer to save my coins for the Amazon vouchers. 7500 coins = £5. If you click on the bit at the top you'll see a cash out option and that's where you get the amazon vouchers, you just enter your email address and it's sent to.you pretty much instantly. Always goes to junk for me though, so beware of that.

Think that about covers it lol, but if there's anything else just shout and I'll try and help Im up to £30 in Amazon now.

My post from before explaining a bit more
    Originally posted by lookinforabargain
    Thank you for taking the time to explain LFAB I am going to give it a go. X
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Oct 16, 6:10 PM
    • 41,381 Posts
    • 502,671 Thanks
    bubbs
    Just out of superdrug , offers are changing tonight, no gift boxes left. Staff could not tell me what the new one were. Price labels off of tresemme so that seems to be a definite change. Sorry if this has already been posted.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Some had £2.48 as sel , some had £4.99 bogof in my store
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,138Posts Today

6,044Users online

Martin's Twitter