Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,204Posts
    • 32,760Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1442
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 18th Oct 16, 7:54 AM
    • 28,139 Posts
    • 396,534 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Cos have just paid out on my Birds Eye fish from yesterday tea time. £2 on 2 accounts......thrilled with that......especially as I was thinking I'd bought the wrong one
    I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarian and we're sceptical.
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 18th Oct 16, 7:55 AM
    • 14,325 Posts
    • 171,995 Thanks
    mhoc
    I MIGHT BE BEING OVER CAUTIOUS AND I Don't WANT TO SCAREMONGER BUT..........

I downloaded the GreenJing app earlier today after someone on here mentioned it a couple of days ago and thought that it looked good so registered. I thought I would receive a confirmation email or something but didn't. Anyway when looking at the payment methods it offered PayPal or bank, for some reason I didn't fill in my PayPal details and just left it. Lying in bed about an hour ago it crossed my mind that not only had they asked for my Paypal email but also my password . They don't need your password to pay you money so this just might be a scam. So this is a warning to any who may have put in their details. PLEASE CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD URGENTLY.

Sorry if this is an over reaction but seems a bit dodgy to me. It was on my mind so had to get up again to post this.

SnS
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    just bringing this forward

I also went to complete my details on GJ for a withdrawal yesterday but didnt fortunatley. It asked for the email address which is in itself peculiar as withdrawals should just go to the address you have registered your account GJ with.

With the receipt hog app when i got enough points to have £5 of paypal it said we are sending it to your email address (ie the one registered on my account)
    I went back to my paypal and checked that the address was one of
    my registered paypal ones first.
    At no point was I asked for my password.

I think we need to do some investigating
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 18th Oct 16, 8:09 AM
    • 28,139 Posts
    • 396,534 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Well it's going to be my lucky day. Just won 10p on the TCB Halloween competetion.

14 days left to go and still £9000 waiting to be won
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 18th Oct 16, 8:10 AM
    • 28,139 Posts
    • 396,534 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I don't fully check COS everyday but have this morning.....we now appear to have Dark Horse wines with £1.50 CB......well I have

Never heard of them so unsure how much they are in store.
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 18th Oct 16, 8:18 AM
    • 948 Posts
    • 9,336 Thanks
    curl girl
    I don't fully check COS everyday but have this morning.....we now appear to have Dark Horse wines with £1.50 CB......well I have

Never heard of them so unsure how much they are in store.
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Morning all.

£8 in S and M. I have a bottle of dark horse chardonnay that came in a perspex gift bag, given to me on my birthday, purchased from T, would make a nice gift if they still sell these. I am saving mine for a special occasion!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 18th Oct 16, 8:24 AM
    • 5,618 Posts
    • 77,162 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Its pouring down here.

Thanks for all the kind wishes for OH, thankgod the consultant is onto it, quickly, he knows it had grown far too quick after the last op, so they want to get on and remove the last bits before it does start growing again.

Have a good day.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 513 -------- £500.00
    £526.00
    • tweets
    • By tweets 18th Oct 16, 8:29 AM
    • 26,253 Posts
    • 388,546 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 18th Oct 16, 8:31 AM
    • 26,253 Posts
    • 388,546 Thanks
    tweets
    https://www.yeovalley.co.uk/things-to-do/fruit-machine

https://www.dorsetcereals.co.uk/collect-and-win/spin-to-win/

https://www.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk/win-things/bagatelle/

http://www.jenningsbrewery.co.uk/competitions/ftw/

http://www.nikwax.com/en-gb/webquiz/

Good Luck
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 18th Oct 16, 8:32 AM
    • 2,698 Posts
    • 25,562 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I don't make it that often but yes, save apple cores and shells from citrus fruit in the freezer until you have enough (not apple cores that have been munched at I hasten to add, but ones from when you've been chopping up apples for pies, crumbles etc). It comes out like a kind of clear jam and is lovely on pancakes.
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    Thank you very much. I shall give this a go!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 18th Oct 16, 8:34 AM
    • 10,624 Posts
    • 117,526 Thanks
    Anon
    just bringing this forward

I also went to complete my details on GJ for a withdrawal yesterday but didnt fortunatley. It asked for the email address which is in itself peculiar as withdrawals should just go to the address you have registered your account GJ with.

With the receipt hog app when i got enough points to have £5 of paypal it said we are sending it to your email address (ie the one registered on my account)
    I went back to my paypal and checked that the address was one of
    my registered paypal ones first.
    At no point was I asked for my password.

I think we need to do some investigating
    Originally posted by mhoc
    CoS also ask you for your email if requesting PayPal, so I don't think there is anything unusual with that. They also ask for your CoS app password to confirm payment change.

I cannot check as my app is crashing and won't let me in

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 18th Oct 16, 8:37 AM
    • 10,624 Posts
    • 117,526 Thanks
    Anon
    Cos have just paid out on my Birds Eye fish from yesterday tea time. £2 on 2 accounts......thrilled with that......especially as I was thinking I'd bought the wrong one
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    They are very quick with CoS and C4rling - while CS seems to be processed in batches and can take a week (perhaps not as automated and requires them to go on a different system?).

Anon
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 18th Oct 16, 8:39 AM
    • 2,698 Posts
    • 25,562 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Not much has changed in M today, thankfully after all the changes of last week. Did you see that the list did get updated? I think it's all about alcohol as, of course, the Carling and Strongbow 20 packs that went onto a brief offer of £10, probably last Wednesday (could have been Tuesday), are now I think £12. I have not scanned them - I am taking the labels of £12, that I am now seeing widely, as being correct and the offer was stated to be due to be until 16th October. There's now several 1L bottles at £15 in M - those don't seem problematic, once the APG system gets updated. I am going to be moving Warnicks White, which is of another volume and not involved in any £15 offer, just to confuse you, to the "buy in M" part of the list to be put alongside the other bottles on RTC in M but which have, it seems, disappeared from many stores. I am doing this having failed to find it today from a new set of six stores. I think this was probably one that was (and I'm sure still is) on RTC but which I only picked up afresh as it had already been sold out from my other previous stores - and, therefore, like the others, it's now in fewer stores and standing less chance of being in a collection stores. So, it's now "buy in M" - yet again, as usual, if you can find it and I had no luck today.

I've also lost the Singha lager and I'm taking that onto "I think not" now, as I think this is the point at which it becomes unlikely to work. This product has been (and I am sure still is, in a diminishing number of stores) £3.75 RTC and, over the past several weeks, every time, I've always had one store that has had it - either as SEL even if "temporarily OOS" or usually with single unit of stock left in a single store. I've gone through a number of stores and not found it but, on every occasion, with six stores each time and using completely different ones, it's always been in one of them. However, I've now had two price collections - last Wednesday and today's one - and it's not been in any of my stores. I am therefore thinking - although of course it could be the chance of the stores I've used - that this product is now gone from further Ms and that it's now more likely than not that the price collectors won't have it.

I have decided that this:
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/mini-twiglets-tub-200g-morrisons-50p-normally-2-2528345

is now expired. It was lucky if you could find them and I at first thought that this could be some old stock left over from last Christmas that was still about at final RTC price. However, I think the last of that stock would have been BB July of this year and therefore should not be around now. I think this may have been found right at the start of the cartons coming back into M for the forthcoming Christmas but before the price had gone up. However, I have found both of the cartons today - I think more by chance than specifically looking for them - and each has scanned at £1.50. I also had the Cadbury Fudge treatsize packs, that ended up with 43p RTC at the early part of this year, and they have scanned at £1.50 too. So they are off - the items have come back into M more generally and are now set for this Christmas and of course they've shot up in price! I think the Birds Rum and Brandy sauces cartons are now at risk of shooting right up in price as soon as they appear again in M more generally. I have not had them in my stores today, or any of those last week, so I don't think they are widely available yet - but, as soon as they come back in, I am sure they will come off their RTC price - which they are, probably, just about still on in the very few stores that have them - Brandy had already gone back up to 50p last time but Rum was still 17p - they look set to go right up in price as soon as this year's stock comes in. So, perhaps get them as soon as you can (assuming they are still lingering on their RTC prices) in the very slim chance you may have that yours is one of the very few Ms, it seems, that still have them left over from last year. Possibly about a dozen - maybe two dozen at most - stores nationwide (out of over 500)?

I think we may have missed some pricing mistake, that is now gone sadly. The Huggies Baby Wipes with pouch were showing 50p RTC in a store last Wednesday. However, they are now scanning at £1.94 - which was not the price I had on the shelf: I had full price I think of £3.88 after seeing them with £1.94 RTC in an earlier store today. It now seems that they were too good to be true - and, in hindsight, it now clearly was an error although it didn't click with me at the time, unfortunately, and I thought it was just the price they really were at. They probably, indeed, were at that price very briefly but in error - but that's now been corrected. There's the chance (maybe quite slim) that you may be able to have them for the 50p price if a store - at least one of them was showing it last week - has them showing 50p RTC and hasn't changed the SEL. I think it is quite unlikely though. So, take up the challenge - but don't make a special trip - as unlikely things happen all the time.

The Unwashed Potatoes (12.5Kg bags) have gone up in price to £4. However, they were still able to be obtained at the £3 price in Derby earlier today. It's possible that they may be able to be got for that price tomorrow if the £3 offer label remains up or until such time as the store realises that the price has in fact gone up.

There I was - all prepared to do battle! I did not have to do much though, as the assistant remarked "is it those potatoes again?" and then pressed a few keys to change the price to £3 before telling me that they were scanning at £4. Another assistant said about how they'd got onto produce and that they were no good. Which may be because the product is now £4 and that's what produce thinks it is. So, without me asking, I bought them for £3 - the assistant had obviously had someone else buy them and thought they were £3 because someone has failed to take down the £3 offer label. It was showing with the new £4 price label in a previous store. The downside was that the ones at Derby had a slightly shorter BB, of two days before the ones I saw elsewhere but never mind. They go down to £2 but, even at £3 - or even at £4 - they work out better price than other sizes of potatoes elsewhere, although I am averse to paying £4 for them. I bet they've gone up to £4 in order to go back down even lower (maybe half-price £2 if we are lucky) so it's still paying a bit more but, given the price of smaller bags elsewhere, which adds up to more, I don't think it's too bad. It's possible that, in some other store, you may have older stock still around (but it will be BB even earlier) that has the £3 stickers on the product bags. I think the appearance of bags without stickers, or prices marked on them, was now an indication of the price being about to increase - and, indeed it has, except that one store at least hasn't realised it!

I did a bit of a chuckle earlier at Derby as, again, the store came up with an item that I didn't have in my other stores! Thank you Derby. However, I was still outstanding the Viola Pot - of course, trust that one to be one for which I didn't have the BC and M has brought in a 'new' product - a Hallowe'en Viola Pot and I wanted (needed?) to check that that they were two different products, needing two separate entries on the list, or whether they were on the same BC. Fortunately, Belper, a smaller store, came up with that product - so I now have the answer - I think I'll find they are different - and also came up with the Bacon Webs crisps that weren't at my other stores. So, thank you Belper.

People may have noticed - and certainly will now I have mentioned it - that I am now returning to stores I've been to before, as obviously it's easier for me to get to some stores and getting to others is not as easy. I did get to another store, that I hadn't been to before, recently and it just ended up with me putting all the 50p Nature's Nest bird products back onto the main list as the store had one of them that I hadn't been having elsewhere. I just can't get rid of the items. So, just because they have gone from many of the other stores I could get to does not mean M no longer has them. On the basis of finding one of them again, I have assumed that all of them are available somewhere or another, probably one item per rare store. Clearly though it's wrong not to have them when they are in someone's store. I had had a clue to them in another store slightly earlier - this now months after they've vanished from all my nearby stores and from stores a little farther away - but of course they are still stocked by M somewhere else. So, having moved them to "lost" only the week before, now saw me putting them all back onto the main list. There was a reason (there always is!) as to why I put them back on - I found one of them! I try to cut down the list but I can't - it grows and grows: I just can't get rid of some items. Really just wish that M no longer had them at all (not that I could ever know if that was the case) - but, instead, my list is necessarily long.

However, this time the updating will not be. It may still take me time before I get round to it. I think the low amount of changes in M today is illustrated by me having four sides of paper this time as opposed to last time's ten sides of paper. That speaks for itself I think - and from the same number of stores so it does illustrate that not very much has happened today (except mainly what I have mentioned) and despite me having additional items from 'new' stores. I'll update the details on the list as soon as I can.

There are about a couple of items that I don't think will work on the APG anymore, if they have ever been working, because I now have incorrect full price SELs in all places where I have the product or, in one case, have no SELs at all. The last comment relates to the Minions lollies. I think they are likely to be found in stores that don't have a SEL - as, indeed, was the case in the one store where I now have them today - and no SELs elsewhere as the product has sold out, when the RTC labels were showing, and SELs now removed due to selling out. So, either way, it seems no SELs so no price can be collected. I do not rule out that some store may have them - they will still be 96p RTC - with a SEL, perhaps if they happened to change it very late - but it does seem, where the SEL has been showing, the weekend has seen shoppers buying this item. I still have the Maxibon around - it's becoming a little harder to come by but probably just about still okay - but no Haagen Dazs anymore, so that one now lost. As for the Chilli Oil and the Garlic Oil, I have lost one of them and the APG might lose one of them too and it might not be the same one as the one I've lost. Fwiw, I just have 88p Chilli Oil now. I did take the Garlic Oil on through all my six stores - believed to be the same or similar number to that used by the APG (obviously not the same stores but similar number) - and did that to see if I could find it using six stores - and the result was I did not. This were randomly selected stores as usual - nothing fixed, in the sense that I did not know whether they would have the oils or not before I visited. I've lost the Garlic Oil in using these six stores. So, the two products may now be hit or miss as they have gone from more Ms, thus increasing the chances of none of the price collection stores having them anymore. They'll possibly lose one of them, like I have. M also has a "The Best" version of these, that appears now to be in stores generally and of course it is much more expensive price than the RTC clearance. May risk APG getting full price from that, though I think these ones are a different range of product?

The Marrow has gone up to £1.25, I think. I would be more confident if I had another SEL beyond what I have - I'm not finding many SELs for it now and stock of the product is, for me, hard to come by as well - but I'm 85% sure that it has gone to £1.25. So, that's what conclusion I've reached from my stores, although I'll like to have been a bit more confident about it. I think it has gone up though. To be honest, I'm glad it has as I won't have to keep tracking it at £1 now - of course I will have to, if it goes back to £1. I have had three big stores at the start of my price collections that have not had the product at all - and, again today, my big primary collection store (different store each time!) and, yet again, the main store I've picked doesn't have the product - I've just fed up of having to carry Marrow though to the second store, and sometimes the third, as - you wouldn't have known - has been happening for me on no fewer than four occasions (four price collection days) in a row now! It seems the Marrow isn't stocked at as many stores - perhaps only half of stores have it and the smaller stores seem more likely to have it than the big ones - I've happened to start off at stores that don't have it and had it as an outstanding item, initially, every time - I'm fed up of carrying the thing over, so I'm glad if it has now gone up!

One of the reasons I have started changing stores is because I don't want to have many of the same items being carried over as outstanding time after time. At least you know there is a human being doing this price collecting! I think I also like seeing what turns up where. I often have items outstanding - but usually get them from one store or another of my six stores. They very often do turn up - if not at the next store, then the one after that - and sometimes I like carrying over more than once and then it turning up at the third store - sometimes it waits till the fourth, after I've been in "oohh..." mode at the third - am I going to have it? The best ones are the ones that wait until the sixth store - but, to be fair, that is a minority of items each time. I never have everything btw. So, yes, sometimes I like it and then when the item turns up at a third store that is completely different place from the store where I had them on a previous collection (as I now visit different stores and often in different parts of the country each time). It's just when it's the same item time after time. (And then sometimes going through three stores searching to no avail for that!)

The 200g Grill Mates - sometimes, from six stores, I have had them, sometimes I have not. You can read my current comment on those, until I update it, on the list. One time I didn't have any of them at all in any of my six stores! This time, I have just one specific version and no others (and yes the one I have is at correct 50p price) - so it may be that, if some of the collectors' stores had them, their M price may drop off some or all of them now. They're probably gone from more Ms. That said, I did have one of my stores (where I first found them before!) with all of them only the other week, so it's just haphazard as to whether they have them and if they happen to have a store that had them originally and still has them now (or may have lost one or more of them).

I've had to imply the price on the Tahira frozen Chicken Frankfurters from the Spicy Chicken version that A doesn't have and then from a store with incorrect full price SEL on those. Obviously the price collectors won't be able to do either of those things. They are still 75p - they are, it seems to me, in fewer stores and may depend on them having them in one store - and, when products are in a range that M only stocks in fewer stores, it may risk incorrect price more so if that one store they have them in has an incorrect SEL. If they use my store that has a wider range, in order to get a representative range of products, then they will not have the Chicken Frankfurters version at all as they are no longer there today (and likely perhaps not to pick up it from elsewhere). However, if they are elsewhere, in a store that has the wider range, such as the KA drinks, e.g. if they use Preston rather than Leicester, then they might be okay. Otherwise, just to let you know the issue I have had on the two Tahira products. They may have no problem, as the product will be elsewhere and probably showing correct price - the collectors may have stores with wider ranges elsewhere and it may be just the stores I used.

The French Brie is going up (has gone up if you are now OOS of older stock in your M) from £5/Kg to £7/Kg. £7/Kg will be the price on newly-cut stock from the counter - and that is now the general price in M. However, there is still some stock, not in every M, that is prepacked stock from earlier, still in date - I had BB 22nd October - and remains at the £5/Kg it was always at. I think this is now what happens on these cheeses. Similarly, the Wyke Mature Cheddar is generally £9.18/Kg and has been that price for some time - a lot longer than the change on the Brie just now - the price at the counter will be the 'current' price - you may still, at an increased long shot now, be able to find prepacked £5/Kg version that just happens not to have been bought but I think this is now hard to come by. Indeed, I have lost such stock from one of the only three stores in which it still existed for me (I have not been able to revisit the other two stores) and, believe me, I have been through lots of stores - there's probably about 50 that don't have such stock and only three stores where I have had it (and one of those now no longer has it as appears to have been bought). I've no doubt that M, somewhere, will have a pack or a few, of £5/Kg Wyke Mature Cheddar in prepacked form available to be bought - but it is going to be very rare now.

The thing to watch, that people generally I suspect don't, is that people may see the flashed "Offer" - the label uses that word - on one exact unit of stock pack of cheese but then pick up some other of the stock of that chesse, assuming it to be at the offer price when, if they looked carefully, it's actually at £7/Kg. So, if you do buy the cheese, always check the price on the packet you're buying - and don't assume that, just because other stock (which is at £5/Kg) carries "Offer" on it, that unmarked packets, that are at £7/Kg, are also on offer price.

There's £1 Pork Meatballs (340g) still in, or back in, stores now - but at least one store has only £1.34 stock (different BCs). The price is in the process of changing on the Rustlers BBQ Rib, as stock of £1 becomes more prevalent and overtakes the £1.85 stock, but there is still stock of £1.85 available in some stores (different BC). The Garlic Doughballs may have a price change soon (I think offer due until 23rd October) as the price on the packs had disappeared from some newer packs and the SELs have been changed to the full price in some stores but I think they are still £1 until 23rd October (same BC on all stock so will scan at the same price, whatever that is, at least in the same single store). As far as I know, Whole Turkey Leg is currently the £3 BC version quite widespread. I've effectively lost the Bernard Matthews Turkey Thigh Joint (£2.50) though, as I have no trace in most stores for some time but I keep getting one store or another each time having a SEL but I have not been seeing any stock for some time. I think it's likely M doesn't produce the Jalapeno Meatballs anymore - they went OOS online, which is no guide at all, but I have been unable to find them recently - I think with the change from the Signature range, they probably don't produce this product (as "The Best") anymore.

I also can't find (for now) the 100 pack Plastic Cups - I now understand the £1 offer was due to end on 9th October, so maybe I ought to remove them from the list - but M now has a new range of products in this area (none of any interest) and the stores I visited don't have the Plastic Cups or don't have them anymore. So I've ended up with a £1 SEL which is OOD as it shows the expiry date of 9th October and no way to tell, from the stores I have, whether that price is current. I think I shall assume (maybe wrongly?) that the price has gone up, if they are still in existence somewhere. I'm usually right. Although, not on the Footy Dogz Bandana - that is 25p and not 10p as I have it - I had to be dealing from stores that had gone OOS of some items and had assumed the whole range was 10p, but that's not the case. So, I will correct that and sorry for the error!

(It's actually not been a bad collection - I usually have 'difficulties' like this, each time, which I resolve. It's actually part of the fun. So, let's keep trying to work out the prices and make guesses that, usually, turn out to be quite right.)

Finally, M does still have the Chicago Pizza Meat Supreme Melt, although I do not think it should. The one unit of stock in the freezer of my store was BB July of this year. It was the store where I had the 'errant' Pepperoni Melt SEL last time (SEL around, months after disappearing from everywhere for me, and no stock at all on the shelf last time). The store had the Meat Supreme in stock today but that SEL for the Pepperoni version instead. I have seen no evidence of any new stock of either coming into M - and, in old stock, it's certainly not widespread and it's now the only store where I have the product for some time - my understanding was that the last Pepperoni Melt, seen elsewhere months ago, when it was in date, was BB August 2016, so these should be gone by now and, in effect, M doesn't have them although, on the Meat Supreme, in this one store, it does (albeit OOD). I think it unlikely to have an APG collection store to have the Pepperoni Melt SEL (the only one of them that A now appears to have) and, if they do, I doubt they would have been in stock very recently indeed (in other words in the last seven days) so would have N/A by now surely? Someone could try Avs Sains. on the Pepperoni Melt.

As for the occasional OOD product (to be fair, it's a very rare thing), it's not the worst I've had - I had some packets of biscuits BB January of this year in a store a few months back. That was the longest old date I had (measured from the time of seeing it in stock), although I suppose the cooked meat was worse that was use by a couple of weeks before the date I saw it. Again it's a rare thing and I'm sure it does happen in retailers generally as not every unit of stock that should be got rid of can physically be done so (things occasionally get missed etc.). I generally take it OOS by drawing it to the attention of a member of staff, so they take it away and it doesn't get sold.

EDIT: I think the Huggies Style with Pouch could well not have been "missed" as such - it could well have been, and probably was, £1.94 on the day that I saw the store with the 50p RTC SEL for it - I saw a couple of other stores at £1.94 RTC and assumed that they had not put the SEL down to the lower price that it was in the other store so "took the lowest SEL I saw". If it ever was 50p for a very brief time before (possibly a few hours before their error was corrected), it was probably already £1.94 at the time I saw it. So, it's not necessarily that I've missed it but I have taken the information I have and thought what the price was more likely to be (wrongly) until the wide variance of prices on the SELs today was just too much and I had to check the actual price. Best of luck to someone if they find a 50p SEL showing for something that is normally near £4. There was no luck for me if I had wanted it - I had SELs of £1.94 and, I think, £3.88 (which it was not!). Imagine me frowning at something that scans at nearly £2 lower than the shelf price.

That's it for now, whether I post or not (and I've posted no new posts for several days, and then all this), see you later.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Thanks Savvy. We've missed you!
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 18th Oct 16, 8:40 AM
    • 4,658 Posts
    • 58,164 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    COS have paid for my fish too. Free dinner tonight and free tickets to see the Tchaikovsky Sympony Orchestra this evening courtesy of SFF. Frock on
    Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010
    • pk04
    • By pk04 18th Oct 16, 9:12 AM
    • 2,807 Posts
    • 45,589 Thanks
    pk04
    Back On - 25% Off When You Buy 6 or More Bottles Of Wine at Tesco
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/back-25-off-when-buy-6-more-bottles-wine-tesco-2529957
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I assume the last short one was a test run to make sure the BM was picking up the correct amounts now
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
    • Nannylala
    • By Nannylala 18th Oct 16, 10:20 AM
    • 6,738 Posts
    • 109,674 Thanks
    Nannylala
    Good Morning
    Originally posted by tweets

Good morning .. bit of a dismal day here . not being very lately seem to have lost my mojo ..need to concentrate more on what is going on
    • locarr
    • By locarr 18th Oct 16, 10:35 AM
    • 7,297 Posts
    • 133,221 Thanks
    locarr
    Morning ALL!
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 18th Oct 16, 10:36 AM
    • 12,934 Posts
    • 225,788 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

Quite bright here so back in cropped trousers.... but my calves are cold

Need to source that grid stuff that you sink in to the lawn so Dad can have a path for his wheelchair. But not be noticeable
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 18th Oct 16, 10:43 AM
    • 12,934 Posts
    • 225,788 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    pk04 was yesterday's smartest player!

30 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Tuesday): General Knowledge 3 : Average

tweets ♥
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• pk04
    • By pk04 18th Oct 16, 10:44 AM
    • 2,807 Posts
    • 45,589 Thanks
    pk04
    Just to update on the Shopprize app - apparently it's just the US version that's stopping so we're still good
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
    • auto.armadillo
    • By auto.armadillo 18th Oct 16, 10:55 AM
    • 878 Posts
    • 16,689 Thanks
    auto.armadillo
    Just to update on the Shopprize app - apparently it's just the US version that's stopping so we're still good
    Originally posted by pk04
    that's excellent news pk it's a brilliant app for earning amazon vouchers xxx
    We are many we are one xxx

So that every single post that I contribute to this thread is on topic I would just like to say I am an elite 11+ member and I hear the unjust silence of my opinions whilst I am shopping in supermarkets mainly. Just sayin.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,680Posts Today

6,381Users online

Martin's Twitter