Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,198Posts
    • 32,759Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1429
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Oct 16, 7:05 AM
    • 41,634 Posts
    • 504,974 Thanks
    bubbs
    Edinburgh Easy Hotel Princes St opposite Castle £19.99/night in January
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/edinburgh-easy-hotel-princes-st-opposite-castle-19-99-night-january-2529521
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 17th Oct 16, 7:05 AM
    • 3,321 Posts
    • 34,456 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Nectar balance very healthy....
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Oct 16, 7:06 AM
    • 41,634 Posts
    • 504,974 Thanks
    bubbs
    Easy Hotel London Kensington / Earl's Court £19.99 per night in January - good central London location
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/easy-hotel-london-kensington-earl-s-court-19-99-per-night-january-good-central-london-2529520
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Oct 16, 7:08 AM
    • 41,634 Posts
    • 504,974 Thanks
    bubbs
    Nectar balance very healthy....
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    So is mine
    You can spend:
    £138.59
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Oct 16, 7:10 AM
    • 41,634 Posts
    • 504,974 Thanks
    bubbs
    £60 worth of sausages and bacon for £10.00 (New customers) @ Amazon Fresh (Selected Postcodes only)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/60-worth-sausages-bacon-for-10-new-customers-amazon-fresh-selected-postcodes-only-2529502
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 17th Oct 16, 7:11 AM
    • 2,830 Posts
    • 25,127 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning I woke up this morning and I was trying g to decide what the noise was and I realised it was rain I didn't bother getting up to look.
    This week's job is painting the hall stairs and landing the trouble is once you do one room it makes everywhere else look sad. We started in Dd room then dh painted the bathroom so now it's my turn. I'm only doing the glossing but all those rungs and the bannister and we have picture rails too
    It will be worth it when it's done we've chosen duck egg blue
    My list of things to be grateful for so far this month are

M&S vests
    AJ and Amazon I got a cot that was mispiriced @£74 now £126.95
    Morrie's Muller's and granola for £4
    Realising how easy it is to be a frocker I have stopped myself so many times from nipping into a supermarket for example I was going to get mushrooms on Saturday for Sunday's breakfast then I remembered I was a frocker so we had bacon, eggs, beans and toast did we miss the mushrooms .......of course we didn't so my total remains still quite low and I am amazed at how easy it has been.

Mhoc........buy the coat
    SPC9# 517 target £365. £692 SPC10 #. Target £365
    The wisdom you seek is already within you.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 17th Oct 16, 7:12 AM
    • 3,104 Posts
    • 41,114 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Morning Only the last two word fro me today I cant sign or dance
    Loved the Frocky challenge I will do this again in the New Year
    • underperky
    • By underperky 17th Oct 16, 7:18 AM
    • 4,711 Posts
    • 59,166 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning cold and dark and a bit damp ......roll on march for the

light mornings back ...hope everyone is well
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 17th Oct 16, 7:20 AM
    • 2,757 Posts
    • 42,292 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning. Happy Monday everyone. Just looked out of the window and it is a full moon!
    Do the clocks go back next weekend?
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 17th Oct 16, 7:22 AM
    • 2,830 Posts
    • 25,127 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning. Happy Monday everyone. Just looked out of the window and it is a full moon!
    Do the clocks go back next weekend?
    Originally posted by elainemn
    https://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/uk/london?year=2016
    SPC9# 517 target £365. £692 SPC10 #. Target £365
    The wisdom you seek is already within you.
    • durham05
    • By durham05 17th Oct 16, 7:26 AM
    • 1,949 Posts
    • 21,990 Thanks
    durham05
    Morning all, did a few £10 shops and filled mine n dd cars in £10 transactions hopefully should be the months fuel for both. So will save the fuel money I normally put in. Did gets some clothes but only returning 1 thing that I don't like when on. Don't usually get dh into any glitchy shopping but went to 1 store n he was like lets go to our local. So called n did a few more shops. Don't shop in S as a rule as too blooming expensive.
    Anyway checked balance n have £138 this morning on nectar, not bad when it was £22. Will wait for double up n see what's included.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Oct 16, 7:31 AM
    • 14,305 Posts
    • 171,823 Thanks
    mhoc
    How long till you are off?
    Originally posted by davemorton
    not even thinking about it, absolute torture - the worst of it is that we were only away in August ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Oct 16, 7:32 AM
    • 28,129 Posts
    • 396,425 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning all, did a few £10 shops and filled mine n dd cars in £10 transactions hopefully should be the months fuel for both. So will save the fuel money I normally put in. Did gets some clothes but only returning 1 thing that I don't like when on. Don't usually get dh into any glitchy shopping but went to 1 store n he was like lets go to our local. So called n did a few more shops. Don't shop in S as a rule as too blooming expensive.
    Anyway checked balance n have £138 this morning on nectar, not bad when it was £22. Will wait for double up n see what's included.
    Originally posted by durham05
    Morning paw sniffers and durham

Buying petrol was a no brainer. I haven't spent any extra just brought my spending forward.
    I was hoping we would have had the Felix at 3 for £10 and I would have had a few more shops

Boots again today
    I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarian and we're sceptical.
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • simpson100
    • By simpson100 17th Oct 16, 7:35 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 378 Thanks
    simpson100
    Cos freebie
    Birdseye Cod inspirations lemon and cracked pepper

Asda ( if you can find them )
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Oct 16, 7:36 AM
    • 28,129 Posts
    • 396,425 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I may have to hand in my Elite badge .

I bought an item for cashback ... lost the receipt .

Bought fish fingers on PYO in W ... but hadn't confirmed the selection and was too embarrassed to return them .

Also found when I renewed my Lloyds account I had not set up the DD so have not been getting the interest for 4 months .

I must pay closer attention!

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Sounds like you have too many balls in the air
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Oct 16, 7:40 AM
    • 28,129 Posts
    • 396,425 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Birdseye Cod inspirations lemon and cracked pepper

Asda ( if you can find them )
    Originally posted by simpson100
    Looks like mine sells them

£2

Thank you simpson
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • cjj
    • By cjj 17th Oct 16, 7:43 AM
    • 5,905 Posts
    • 78,826 Thanks
    cjj
    Morning all, hope everyone is well.

Nectar points updated overnight & now seem correct.
    It was funny because I shopped at one store first & points gradually went up. Then at next store they started from where they were originally so total ended up being short. Sat night the app updated but just the second store ??? So still short. Finally Sun night they were all put on. Very pleased & great fun xx
    Family is not about blood.Its about who is willing to hold your hand when you need it most.

Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.. CJJ
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 17th Oct 16, 7:47 AM
    • 4,654 Posts
    • 58,113 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    For using up the limes, the marmalade suggestion made me think of River Cottage compost heap jelly. For some reason my iPad won't let me copy the link but it's easy to find if you google it, it's a Pam Corbin recipe and so easy even I can make it.

Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 17th Oct 16, 7:56 AM
    • 3,962 Posts
    • 88,008 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Morning

I'm hoping a busy few hours in the kitchen will save me some time next week.

Lunches already made for tomorrow

Monday tea...10p pepper stir fry with chicken from the freezer and out of date noodles

Tuesday lunch.....Chicken leftovers from Monday, new potatoes and salad
    Tuesday tea.......spag bol with homemade tomato pasta sauce and barilla spaghetti

Wednesday lunch homemade carrot and coriander soup and bread from the freezer

Wednesday tea ....mince and dumplings with whoopsied vegetables

Thursday lunch Broccoli and cheese soup with bread

Thursday tea whoopsied avocados, eggs, prawns and salad

Friday lunch chicken wraps and salad

Friday tea Bacon, cabbage and roasties

Only thing I will need to buy is milk and a lettuce
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    No, no, no! Have you not been listening

Mon= curry night, no rice

Wed = spag bol or chilli. No pasta/ no rice

Surely i'm not the only that has food rituals? Don't get me started on how it has to be eaten
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.
    "Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations."
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 17th Oct 16, 7:57 AM
    • 3,321 Posts
    • 34,456 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I'm hoping a busy few hours in the kitchen will save me some time next week.

Lunches already made for tomorrow

Monday tea...10p pepper stir fry with chicken from the freezer and out of date noodles

Tuesday lunch.....Chicken leftovers from Monday, new potatoes and salad
    Tuesday tea.......spag bol with homemade tomato pasta sauce and barilla spaghetti

Wednesday lunch homemade carrot and coriander soup and bread from the freezer

Wednesday tea ....mince and dumplings with whoopsied vegetables

Thursday lunch Broccoli and cheese soup with bread

Thursday tea whoopsied avocados, eggs, prawns and salad

Friday lunch chicken wraps and salad

Friday tea Bacon, cabbage and roasties

Only thing I will need to buy is milk and a lettuce
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    We frockies will all get to the end of October and it'll turn out that TM's total will only be about a fiver...
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

275Posts Today

1,339Users online

Martin's Twitter