Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,178Posts
    • 32,692Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1422
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 16th Oct 16, 7:12 PM
    • 12,976 Posts
    • 164,071 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    The double up is usually advertised in advance Rose and will cover only certain categories....well it has previously eg Homeware, Taste the difference wines, Clothing etc
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I had doubled up on clothing.... but the darn things did not fit.... refund card given!

if your ever short changed, do you call the bank of england? no.
    you deal with the store.
    so hes right
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    I would call the bank of england......... I rather fancy Mark Carney!
    Last edited by Sunshinemummy; 16-10-2016 at 7:17 PM.
    Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 16th Oct 16, 7:15 PM
    • 13,306 Posts
    • 214,620 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Blimey, you are rubbish choosing clothes . Just wondering how you are going to return it all without drawing attention to yourself - one at a time?

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    she could say she bought them for her daughter, and shes been locked up for arson
    It is great news about zippy. God can you imagine him as a granddad... 'If Carlsberg done Grandfathers.... he would be Zippy'.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    baby boy 14/10/15 6lb 12oz
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 16th Oct 16, 7:16 PM
    • 12,976 Posts
    • 164,071 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Blimey, you are rubbish choosing clothes . Just wondering how you are going to return it all without drawing attention to yourself - one at a time?

Anon
    I've already returned 7 items....

I have tried everything on, and kept what I would wear (as I hate clothes shopping!)

I am having a cuppa and will put them in bags with the receipts... DS2 is going to return the ones that I had used a S refund card on... so I will only have one more trip back.

Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 16th Oct 16, 7:19 PM
    • 13,306 Posts
    • 214,620 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Zippy the expert is here now, im sure he will help
    Originally posted by bubbs
    and for a minute, i thought you were going to work the prices out for her
    It is great news about zippy. God can you imagine him as a granddad... 'If Carlsberg done Grandfathers.... he would be Zippy'.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 16th Oct 16, 7:19 PM
    • 12,976 Posts
    • 164,071 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    she could say she bought them for her daughter, and shes been locked up for arson
    When I took clothes back today they asked me why, I said that one makes me realise just how fat I am, and the others are like tents on me.... your sizing is a bit hit and miss (all of it was true).

• zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 16th Oct 16, 7:23 PM
    • 13,306 Posts
    • 214,620 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Iceland have a crate for £6 (someone was buying several in front of me yesterday)... Just realised I had missed Iceland off my list of where I went.

In the 70's we used to have a strip around the top of the arm.... if you were really posh you had 2!
    iceland web site hsa 2 x 10 packs for £5 which is dearer. £6 is not on there

hukd 1 week ago says they sold a 24 pack for £5 which is 21p per can
    Last edited by zippydooda; 16-10-2016 at 7:26 PM.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th Oct 16, 7:24 PM
    • 41,474 Posts
    • 503,468 Thanks
    bubbs
    and for a minute, i thought you were going to work the prices out for her
    Stop being silly
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 16th Oct 16, 7:25 PM
    • 12,976 Posts
    • 164,071 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    No, just an avid switcher and saver, though rates are now rubbish for most accounts .

I am relying on switching bonuses to boost my returns now .

Anon
    When I went into Santander yesterday, I moaned about the £5 fee and the drop in interest rate on the 123 account - apparently there is a 123 light account which gives the same money back for mortgage/utilities etc, without the interest. She gave me a number to ring to swap.

She also gave me a number to ring to enquire into a mortgage change... I am still paying 5%
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 16th Oct 16, 7:28 PM
    • 12,976 Posts
    • 164,071 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy

Are you sure??
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th Oct 16, 7:28 PM
    • 41,474 Posts
    • 503,468 Thanks
    bubbs
    Farmfoods sell 3 x 24 packs £15 or you could get 6 for 27.50 with a coupon of £2.50 off £25 spend and pay 19.09p per can
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 16th Oct 16, 7:30 PM
    • 3,293 Posts
    • 34,092 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    When I took clothes back today they asked me why, I said that one makes me realise just how fat I am, and the others are like tents on me.... your sizing is a bit hit and miss (all of it was true).

I just sighed and said 'She didn't like them, I'm giving up buying things for her.'

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 16th Oct 16, 7:33 PM
    • 12,976 Posts
    • 164,071 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I just sighed and said 'She didn't like them, I'm giving up buying things for her.'

Originally posted by Serendipitious
    I had told DS2 to say he is a cross dresser and that the clothes don't fit him.... I think he will prefer your excuse!
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 16th Oct 16, 7:34 PM
    • 3,293 Posts
    • 34,092 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Do you remeber that random coloured wool? DS still pulls a fce when he comes across his school photo wearing a 'shades of green' home made v - neck jumper
    Originally posted by pippo

I do indeed. Rainbow knits or something...

I have burned a lot of my old photos, just keeping a few from each year now. It's kinder for the descendants.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 16th Oct 16, 7:35 PM
    • 13,306 Posts
    • 214,620 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Are you sure??
    im sure what i read, i cant confirm what you saw im afraid
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Oct 16, 7:36 PM
    • 26,213 Posts
    • 388,117 Thanks
    tweets

You have to wait they will drop to £5 again I stock up on them when they £5

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/pepsi-24-x-330ml/p/47908
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 16th Oct 16, 7:36 PM
    • 13,306 Posts
    • 214,620 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Farmfoods sell 3 x 24 packs £15 or you could get 6 for 27.50 with a coupon of £2.50 off £25 spend and pay 19.09p per can
    no free paper and coffee though.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th Oct 16, 7:38 PM
    • 41,474 Posts
    • 503,468 Thanks
    bubbs
    no free paper and coffee though.
    No but i worked it out all on my own
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 16th Oct 16, 7:45 PM
    • 13,306 Posts
    • 214,620 Thanks
    zippydooda
    No but i worked it out all on my own
    and with that bomb shell, ill bid you good night
    • pippo
    • By pippo 16th Oct 16, 7:47 PM
    • 2,292 Posts
    • 22,908 Thanks
    pippo
    I do indeed. Rainbow knits or something...

I have burned a lot of my old photos, just keeping a few from each year now. It's kinder for the descendants.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Too true! and less for them to trawl though, when the time comes!
    • pk04
    • By pk04 16th Oct 16, 7:49 PM
    • 2,806 Posts
    • 45,560 Thanks
    pk04
    Has anyone had an email saying the shopprize app is closing at the end of the month? I haven't as yet but there are some messages on their fb page about them. I hope it doesn't as I'm enjoying the Amazon vouchers!
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

285Posts Today

1,094Users online

Martin's Twitter