Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,195Posts
    • 32,758Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1394
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 15th Oct 16, 7:52 AM
    • 4,652 Posts
    • 58,096 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Petrol station awaits

Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 15th Oct 16, 8:00 AM
    • 1,311 Posts
    • 21,848 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    4000 points on a £40 spend Popoped in store to use last voucher with free yoghurt on COS
    • Perranlady
    • By Perranlady 15th Oct 16, 8:00 AM
    • 1,323 Posts
    • 18,899 Thanks
    Perranlady
    Morning all, late to the party as usual, I have a nectar card, but it's not registered, will I still be able to join in?
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 15th Oct 16, 8:04 AM
    • 4,652 Posts
    • 58,096 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all, late to the party as usual, I have a nectar card, but it's not registered, will I still be able to join in?
    Originally posted by Perranlady
    Yes, a man in front of me yesterday registered a new card at the till before he paid and got 2000 points
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010
    • tweets
    • By tweets 15th Oct 16, 8:29 AM
    • 26,231 Posts
    • 388,321 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 15th Oct 16, 8:30 AM
    • 26,231 Posts
    • 388,321 Thanks
    tweets
    https://www.yeovalley.co.uk/things-to-do/fruit-machine

https://www.dorsetcereals.co.uk/collect-and-win/spin-to-win/

https://www.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk/win-things/bagatelle/

http://www.jenningsbrewery.co.uk/competitions/ftw/

http://www.nikwax.com/en-gb/webquiz/

Good Luck
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 15th Oct 16, 8:31 AM
    • 26,231 Posts
    • 388,321 Thanks
    tweets
    lesliejack was yesterday's smartest player!

24 players played

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Saturday): Literature 1 : Easier
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 15th Oct 16, 8:37 AM
    • 16,523 Posts
    • 178,676 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, cloudy one here but fine.

Zero point of getting the washing done early to get it out. By the time the first lot was done it would be 10 o'clock, it would only realistically have 7 hours to dry, it is too cool and there is no air movement. If it was blowing I would do it. Will just have to do it tomorrow and leave it on the airer while we go down to the wedding.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 15th Oct 16, 8:46 AM
    • 16,060 Posts
    • 274,547 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    I did say about all these people ordering from there , some sellers had pre sold near on 2,000 think alot are going to be disappointed
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I took a risk

Best case - I'll have a child friendly version too
    I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • auto.armadillo
    • By auto.armadillo 15th Oct 16, 8:51 AM
    • 878 Posts
    • 16,689 Thanks
    auto.armadillo
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3839010/Waitrose-curbs-free-takeaway-coffee-offer-receiving-complaints-customers-deal-attracts-wrong-sort-people.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1 490

own up lol who is a 'chav' xxx
    We are many we are one xxx

So that every single post that I contribute to this thread is on topic I would just like to say I am an elite 11+ member and I hear the unjust silence of my opinions whilst I am shopping in supermarkets mainly. Just sayin.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 15th Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    • 8,009 Posts
    • 47,677 Thanks
    LEJC
    Good morning all....

The bathroom in the rental is now of reasonable standard...so today we start the painting of the newly painted walls 8 months ago.....looking at it I think we may get away with one room not needing doing but annoyingly most of the ones that are the worst are ones where the radiator will need removing to get behind.

I've had a good look at the carpets and the more I look the more I see....so yesterday the man from the carpet shop came round to measure up so hoping his quote won't be too bad....the carpets were never in as new condition so it was always the plan to replace them in a couple of years ...just not at this particular point in time...they have been subjected to lots of cleaning in the past before we purchased the property and I wonder if they have now gone just beyond a spruce up....its a bit like a tipping point and I think they have reached theirs.

We are piecing together a little more of the story behind our tenants and it appears to be a complex one...they moved in at the beginning of the year and all was good for a few months then something happened and we now understand that for the last 3 months there has been a steady stream of different occupants (this coincided with us giving the original tenants notice after one expressed a desire to be removed)....each staying a few nights and moving on...from the outside all appeared well and rent was paid on time but inside this was clearly brewing behind closed doors.

Hopefully by the end of next week...this week will be behind us and we can move onwards to a new tenancy with someone else....nature of the game.

I am trying to fit a petrol shop in to my day ...probably only got room in the tank for one shot but I do have 2 empty green containers that could take a second go.

I need to shop too...I've got a list of the essentials I need but I can almost feel my resolve dropping before I even get to the supermarket...this weekend is possibly going to prove very difficult to resist temptation!!!!!
    Last edited by LEJC; 15-10-2016 at 9:15 AM.
    participating in frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    November spend £41.01 of £40
    Am I brave enough to track what we spend on Dec/Christmas food.....
    • Anon
    • By Anon 15th Oct 16, 9:20 AM
    • 10,609 Posts
    • 117,415 Thanks
    Anon
    Good morning! Fell asleep in front of the Tv again last night . I have so many part watched programmes, thankfully catch up helps.

I already have £500 in N3ctar points collected and not used over the years ... but will be heading to S to play . I used a few for PEx and the cinema but Bonita looked properly what to spend them on. I did get a Tassi on double up and they gave me half back as a bonus .

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 15-10-2016 at 9:22 AM.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 15th Oct 16, 9:24 AM
    • 3,103 Posts
    • 41,101 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

I have a huge message list for next weekend and will end my frugal signature next week

I am working two budgets as I need 18 three course meals for DH's friends next Saturday Alcohol is in except some beer but will track how I do just out of interest He does not want legs of lamb I have 2, nor does he want a large gammon joint all of which are in the freezer

Enjoy your day
    Loved the Frocky challenge I will do this again in the New Year
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 15th Oct 16, 9:31 AM
    • 2,659 Posts
    • 25,210 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Yes

COS is good because they remove offers when you've claimed them so if you see an offer then it's fair game
    Originally posted by aau1
    Thanks aau! Shopping list looks good!
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 15th Oct 16, 9:33 AM
    • 8,009 Posts
    • 47,677 Thanks
    LEJC
    no idea why...but I'm getting lots of error messages when I press buttons on the site....no thanks button available to me...but as always I'm very greatfull for the posts I read!
    participating in frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    November spend £41.01 of £40
    Am I brave enough to track what we spend on Dec/Christmas food.....
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 15th Oct 16, 9:43 AM
    • 5,615 Posts
    • 77,123 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 513 -------- £500.00
    £526.00
    • aau1
    • By aau1 15th Oct 16, 9:50 AM
    • 18,159 Posts
    • 316,636 Thanks
    aau1
    stories like that always remind me of Stephen Fry's brilliant quote

"I like Sainsburys. It keeps the scum out of Waitrose"

Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Oct 16, 9:54 AM
    • 41,598 Posts
    • 504,744 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morning all
    Yes scamps it is very very rare i go bed after 11, i never log out though so assume it shows im online all the time .
    Just a fleeting morning as off out
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 15th Oct 16, 9:55 AM
    • 13,003 Posts
    • 164,341 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Do peeps really go to bed really early on here now.
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Yes... getting old.... and naked man in bed!

Good morning all

I have a huge message list for next weekend and will end my frugal signature next week

I am working two budgets as I need 18 three course meals for DH's friends next Saturday Alcohol is in except some beer but will track how I do just out of interest He does not want legs of lamb I have 2, nor does he want a large gammon joint all of which are in the freezer

Enjoy your day
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    You are too kind to your OH... Can you marry me! x
    Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 15th Oct 16, 10:16 AM
    • 3,365 Posts
    • 17,097 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Sainburys have reduced their red white stripe and also sage coloured serviettes to only 10p at sainsbury chelmsford and these 3 pack honeycomb paper lanterns all these are normally £2 a pack. Lots left end of aisle if you are passing.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

429Posts Today

1,732Users online

Martin's Twitter