Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,182Posts
    • 32,694Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1392
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Oct 16, 10:10 PM
    • 28,077 Posts
    • 395,920 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Anyone get this in Iceland?
    Stork Original Spread 2.00 x 500g + Free Baking Tin @ Iceland
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/stork-original-spread-2-x-500g-free-baking-tin-iceland-2528514
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I'm finished with Iceland

Marmitegate
    I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarian and we're sceptical.
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Oct 16, 10:11 PM
    • 12,981 Posts
    • 164,113 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Muggle questions here, sorry. (I'm trying to do shopping lists for tomorrow.)

I'm going to T to use up some Hipp vouchers. Do I aim for a BM and hope 6 compares to T, giving me £2 off the rest of my shopping? Or do I just 'buy' them for the food bank please?

Are we buying LIttle Dish in A v S? And why is three the magic number please?

Anything else which should be on my shopping list? I missed the soup vouchers and the recycling went today!
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    This is from my list

Little Dish

Offers – Buy in 3 - brand match against M
    1xLITTLE DISH 1YR+ FISH PIE 200G
    £2.30 £1.67
    1xLITTLE DISH 1YR+ CHICKEN PIE PIE 200G
    £2.30 £1.67
    1xLITTLE DISH 1YR+ CHICKEN & VEG RISOTTO 200G
    £2.30 £1.67

Crosse & Blackwell 'Best of British' Soup 30p off - currently 99p (use 5 coupons for 5 tins for £1.20)

(ASDA offer is 6 for £4) 100g (£2 back for each 6 purchased)
    Hipp organic apple and banana breakfast
    Hipp organic strawberry and banana
    Hipp organic blueberry and banana museli with yog.
    Hipp organic banana and kiwi
    Hipp organic banana and raspberry breakfast
    Hipp organic sweet potato and broccoli
    Hipp organic mango and pear
    Hipp organic apple
    Hipp organic pear and blackcurrant
    Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Oct 16, 10:14 PM
    • 41,564 Posts
    • 504,297 Thanks
    bubbs
    I'm finished with Iceland

Marmitegate
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    My mum used to work there...........yes really did go to Iceland
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • gocat
    • By gocat 14th Oct 16, 10:17 PM
    • 4,117 Posts
    • 47,116 Thanks
    gocat
    They are in the new T mags emma
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Anyone got a soup pdf Like SSM had a hipp pdf
    tia
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Oct 16, 10:19 PM
    • 41,564 Posts
    • 504,297 Thanks
    bubbs
    Anyone got a soup pdf Like SSM had a hipp pdf
    tia
    Originally posted by gocat
    No sorry
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 14th Oct 16, 10:22 PM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 25,138 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I was told in store today that double up is coming on towards the end of this month, by sa and customer service .

Oh can you double up for virgin trains?
    Originally posted by fernie1
    Thanks Fernie. I have over £50 in points so not to be sneezed at when it doubles up!

I don't think you can use points for trains (have given up looking at the offers since they have always been useless for me) but every time I buy a Virgin train ticket I go through Topcashback for some extra pennies but they also give me some Nectar points and every so often there is a bonus too, which is partly why my points balance is health as I hardly ever shop at S.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 14th Oct 16, 10:25 PM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 25,138 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Hipp compare to a, but need to check flavours buy in 6's for overage
    I think little dish is in 3s t v m

EDIT FROM SCAMPS
    Evening peeps.

When getting the free little dishes, get them in 3's. Takes £1.89 off for BG against M's.

1x
    LITTLE DISH 1YR+ FISH PIE 200G
    £2.30 £1.67
    1x
    LITTLE DISH 1YR+ CHICKEN PIE PIE 200G
    £2.30 £1.67
    1x
    LITTLE DISH 1YR+ CHICKEN & VEG RISOTTO 200G
    £2.30 £1.67
    Thank you so much for this -- and for all the other posts about it. I am very grateful. I've Mum with me this weekend and she thinks that every time I go on the PC or iPad I am working so she keeps interrupting me to tell me to stop! Not conducive to clear thinking. And I only have the free little dishes from T so I have to buy them at T. Idiot me for thinking I'd buy them in A! It will be interesting to see if I can also get rid of a few of the £1 off vouchers...
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Oct 16, 10:26 PM
    • 41,564 Posts
    • 504,297 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thanks Fernie. I have over £50 in points so not to be sneezed at when it doubles up!

I don't think you can use points for trains (have given up looking at the offers since they have always been useless for me) but every time I buy a Virgin train ticket I go through Topcashback for some extra pennies but they also give me some Nectar points and every so often there is a bonus too, which is partly why my points balance is health as I hardly ever shop at S.
    I have this on nectar.com , You might too Virgin trains
    https://www.nectar.com/offers/66B0F02310
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 14th Oct 16, 10:26 PM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 25,138 Thanks
    Picasso7
    This is from my list

Little Dish

Offers – Buy in 3 - brand match against M
    1xLITTLE DISH 1YR+ FISH PIE 200G
    £2.30 £1.67
    1xLITTLE DISH 1YR+ CHICKEN PIE PIE 200G
    £2.30 £1.67
    1xLITTLE DISH 1YR+ CHICKEN & VEG RISOTTO 200G
    £2.30 £1.67

Crosse & Blackwell 'Best of British' Soup 30p off - currently 99p (use 5 coupons for 5 tins for £1.20)

(ASDA offer is 6 for £4) 100g (£2 back for each 6 purchased)
    Hipp organic apple and banana breakfast
    Hipp organic strawberry and banana
    Hipp organic blueberry and banana museli with yog.
    Hipp organic banana and kiwi
    Hipp organic banana and raspberry breakfast
    Hipp organic sweet potato and broccoli
    Hipp organic mango and pear
    Hipp organic apple
    Hipp organic pear and blackcurrant
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Thank you, SSM. I don't have the 30p off vouchers so will look for them tomorrow. Now I remember why I popped a pair of scissors into my handbag!
    • streetlights
    • By streetlights 14th Oct 16, 10:27 PM
    • 3,464 Posts
    • 67,330 Thanks
    streetlights
    Good evening everybody, I hope you are well . From a womble dated today.
    AvM

1x Bakers Complete Dry Dog Food Delicious Meaty Chunks Tasty Beef & Country Vegetables (14KG) £20.00 £18.00

1x Youngs 4 Chip Shop Large Battered Haddock Fillets (480G) £4.00 £3.00
    AvT
    1x Youngs 4 Chip Shop Large Battered Haddock Fillets (480G) £4.00 £2.50
    Mortgage debt 45,000. Thank you all for your help so far in helping me save to buy the house. I could not have done this without all your help.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 14th Oct 16, 10:27 PM
    • 26,042 Posts
    • 361,587 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    TS, I am thinking that I have received more value in Nectar points than I have spent on food this month, and when I double them up I am no longer ashamed on my rubbish frocking!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    You are still doing better than me.

I tell you what I walked around the shop and really didn't know what to buy. I nearly walked back out with an empty trolley.

Then remembered we were short on oil and knew we didn't have enough to last out the month and I didn't have any stashed.

I actually thought everything seemed a bit expensive there didn't seem to be many offers maybe because they are doing the swipe and win promotion.
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • emmad5689
    • By emmad5689 14th Oct 16, 10:28 PM
    • 1,108 Posts
    • 13,757 Thanks
    emmad5689
    Took my grandma shopping his evening and she picked up 3 of the 3 for £10 in asda so of course I pinched the receipt �� Haven't seen anyone else confirm it yet so I will, the roses and quality streets on 2 for £5 in tesco do compare xx
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Oct 16, 10:29 PM
    • 41,564 Posts
    • 504,297 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thank you, SSM. I don't have the 30p off vouchers so will look for them tomorrow. Now I remember why I popped a pair of scissors into my handbag!
    I leave a pair in the car
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Oct 16, 10:31 PM
    • 41,564 Posts
    • 504,297 Thanks
    bubbs

I tell you what I walked around the shop and really didn't know what to buy. I nearly walked back out with an empty trolley.

Then remembered we were short on oil and knew we didn't have enough to last out the month and I didn't have any stashed.

I actually thought everything seemed a bit expensive there didn't seem to be many offers maybe because they are doing the swipe and win promotion.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    I have just been looking, we dont have any choc bars so going to buy some of them as they are on offer and some cooking oil
    Then i may do a couple of clothing

Just realised not seen Sal , hope she is ok
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Oct 16, 10:32 PM
    • 41,564 Posts
    • 504,297 Thanks
    bubbs
    Took my grandma shopping his evening and she picked up 3 of the 3 for £10 in asda so of course I pinched the receipt �� Haven't seen anyone else confirm it yet so I will, the roses and quality streets on 2 for £5 in tesco do compare xx
    Originally posted by emmad5689
    OOO what time is shop due please ?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 14th Oct 16, 10:37 PM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 25,138 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Thanks Bubbs. The Virgin offers tend not to be the load to card ones and they just happen if you use the Virgin website and have told it your Nectar number. And this one is the East Coast version of Virgin and sadly I can't think of a good reason to travel East Coast! (I wonder if they have any tickets for less than a fiver to get the 500 bonus points?!)
    • fernie1
    • By fernie1 14th Oct 16, 10:41 PM
    • 957 Posts
    • 12,436 Thanks
    fernie1

I got all excited then, I've been looking at trains, we've been invited to a wedding at Gretna Green. That's a good 4 hour drive for us so we were woundering what the prices were for us to travel by train.
    Wolverhampton to Carlise for two return is £149, then to travel to Gretna. So looks like I got a nice long drive.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Oct 16, 10:43 PM
    • 28,077 Posts
    • 395,920 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    A v S

1x ASDA Baker's Selection Genoa Cake (EACH) £1.70 £1.30
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Milk Chocolate Cookies (5PK) £1.00 £0.70

A v M
    2x Kinder Surprise Egg (EACH) £1.54 £1.00

1x Flora Light Spread (500G) £1.70 £1.00
    I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarian and we're sceptical.
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • emmad5689
    • By emmad5689 14th Oct 16, 10:44 PM
    • 1,108 Posts
    • 13,757 Thanks
    emmad5689
    OOO what time is shop due please ?
    It's back, £3.34 vs £2.50 on both roses and quality street so they do pick up the offer xxx
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Oct 16, 10:44 PM
    • 12,981 Posts
    • 164,113 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy

Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    I have not added clothes or alcohol to my total....if I did it would be

I got some of the Debbie sausagaes from shopimum, also had 50p off them. There was something else from one of the sites... that took it to just below £10.

The rest was clothes, I did have a trolley full. I warn the man behind me to use another till, he refused and was fab and made a joke of it but he refused to split his shop into £10. We started talking about cross dressing and what his wife response would be if she found him in her underwear draw! The SA lives in my village, she has never spoke and tried not to speak all the way through serving me.... which made me talk even more to her the man was

Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

368Posts Today

2,118Users online

Martin's Twitter