Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,195Posts
    • 32,758Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1384
    • buyitall
    • By buyitall 14th Oct 16, 6:36 PM
    • 3,521 Posts
    • 17,977 Thanks
    buyitall
    Hi, I did manage a Nectar shop - 3 petrol shops gave 2 x 500pts and 1 x 2000 . Then popped instore for a couple of things and got another 2000, so well worth the detour.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Oct 16, 6:36 PM
    • 41,598 Posts
    • 504,744 Thanks
    bubbs
    The Swipe and Win promotion is available at Sainsbury’s to Nectar card customers only.
    Promotion open to UK residents, aged 18 and above.
    The promotional period is 00:01 on 14 October to 23:59 on 16 October 2016.
    To enter the promotion, simply meet the qualifying conditions by spending £10 or more, excluding items listed in Term 5, in one transaction at Sainsbury’s Supermarkets and Petrol Stations, or Sainsbury’s Online Groceries for delivery or collection between 14 – 16 October 2016 and swipe your Nectar card in store or enter your Nectar card details online. Centrals and Locals, Sainsbury’s Cafes, Pay at Pump petrol stations and the following petrol stations are excluded from the promotion: Aberdeen (Garthdee Road), Archer Road, Balham Nightingale Lane Local, Balsall Common Local, Bath, Biddulph, Bishops Waltham, Blackpool, Braintree, Bridgemead, Bristol Nags Head Hill Local, Burpham, Cameron Toll (Edinburgh), Charlton Riverside (Greenwich), Chertsey, Cobham, Colne, Craigavon, Cramlington, Currie Lanark Road West Local, Dartmouth, Dorridge, Droitwich Worcester Road Local, Dronfield, Dungannon, East Filton, East Kilbride, Edenthorpe (Thorne Road), Eltham, Ely, Forestside, Fosse Park, Glasgow Woodlands Local, Glen Road, Haverhill, Hazel Grove, Heaton, Newcastle, Kimberley, Livingston, Horley Bonehurst Road Local, Keighley, Hempstead Valley, Isle of Wight, London Colney, Lower Richmond Road Local, Marshalswick Local, Meadowhall North, Meadowhall South, Morecambe, Northfield, Perton, Queens Road, Rawdon Apperley Lane Local, Redditch, Shorehead, Stratton, Taunton, Telford, Wakefield Ings Road, Wantage, Wednesfield, West Houghton, Whitehouse Farm, Worksop.
    Qualifying spend excludes spirits and liqueurs, first stage baby milk products, National Lottery, Tobacco, gift vouchers, gift cards, prescription medicines, over the counter medicines, postage stamps, savings stamps, mobile phone vouchers, phone cards, e top-up, pay point payments, charity products and car park tickets.
    All entrants meeting the qualifying conditions will receive a reward coupon. Every customer will receive a minimum of 200 points. Available prizes are: 47,000 prizes of 5000 Nectar points, 862,000 prizes of 2000 Nectar points, 766,000 prizes of 1000 Nectar points, 1.7 million prizes of 500 Nectar points and are allocated at random. Each prize is inclusive of 200 gift points.
    Points are rewarded as a coupon at till that must be redeemed in store in order for points to be awarded to your Nectar card.
    There is no limit on the number of Swipe and Win entries per customer. There is no cash alternative to the stated prize.
    Swipe and Win winning coupons are valid for a single use only and must be handed to the cashier with a Nectar card or placed in the self-scan collection slot by 30 October 2016. Photocopies are not accepted. Lost, expired or damaged coupons cannot be replaced.
    Swipe and Win winning coupons must be redeemed in store. They may not be redeemed online. The coupon remains the property of Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd and is not for resale, publication, auction or transfer. Normal voucher terms and conditions apply.
    No purchase necessary route available in Northern Ireland only. To enter please email swipeandwin@sainsburys.co.uk by 23:59 on 16 October 2016 with your contact details and Nectar card number, and a coupon will be allocated to you and Nectar points added to your account within 28 days of the promotion ending. Notification of points prize will be via email. Only one no purchase necessary route per Northern Ireland customer.
    Sainsbury’s reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.
    Promoter, Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT. Reg 3261722 England.

There you go x
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 14th Oct 16, 6:37 PM
    • 2,659 Posts
    • 25,210 Thanks
    Picasso7
    hey hun I just checked now and there are little dish vouchers still being given out xxx
    Originally posted by auto.armadillo
    Ooh. thank you so much! I just went on their website and it said the promotion was ended. But now, with your encouragement, I went to their Facebook page and found the 'get a free pot or pie from Tesco' page. Am just about to claim some vouchers. Shame they are fresh and can't go in the food bank but they won't be wasted.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Oct 16, 6:38 PM
    • 41,598 Posts
    • 504,744 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hi, I did manage a Nectar shop - 3 petrol shops gave 2 x 500pts and 1 x 2000 . Then popped instore for a couple of things and got another 2000, so well worth the detour.
    Originally posted by buyitall
    well done
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Oct 16, 6:39 PM
    • 41,598 Posts
    • 504,744 Thanks
    bubbs
    Sainsbury's Toy Event Prices Items/Prices Revealed! [Starts 19th October]
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sainsbury-s-toy-event-prices-items-prices-revealed-starts-19th-october-2528404
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 14th Oct 16, 6:40 PM
    • 2,659 Posts
    • 25,210 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Picasso. Marmite voucher is for Iceland only.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Thanks curl girl. I realised that when I cut it out and after all the feedback from others here, did not make a trip to my nearest Iceland.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Oct 16, 6:41 PM
    • 41,598 Posts
    • 504,744 Thanks
    bubbs
    Green & Blacks chocolate, Waitrose 2 for £3, or less with PYO £1.50
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/green-blacks-chocolate-waitrose-2-for-3-less-with-pyo-2528399
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Oct 16, 6:42 PM
    • 13,003 Posts
    • 164,341 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    yes thank you 1 today, ive not seen him though as mum and auntie took him away for the day.

dw has rushed round there for them returning.

ps he will be 3 by the time he has eaten all the hipps

or maybe 5
    Originally posted by zippydooda

Congratulations granddad.

My 22 year old loves the strawberry Hipps....

Well done Im going again tomorrow
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Me too. With OH's car...
    Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 14th Oct 16, 6:44 PM
    • 2,659 Posts
    • 25,210 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Clarks now have a shoe recycling scheme with unicef

http://www.clarks.co.uk/information/unicef
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Thanks for this. Someone told me on Streetlife that Clarks take shoes, whatever the condition as they break them up for the materials, so put your old shoes there, everyone.

And I presume everyone knows that Specsavers takes old glasses and does something altruistic with them?
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 14th Oct 16, 6:45 PM
    • 2,659 Posts
    • 25,210 Thanks
    Picasso7
    As reported previously, £1 off MOC for McCain crispy fries from some T cashpoints.

Hth

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I missed that. Thanks Anon.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Oct 16, 6:48 PM
    • 41,598 Posts
    • 504,744 Thanks
    bubbs
    Congratulations granddad.

My 22 year old loves the strawberry Hipps....

Me too. With OH's car...
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    My OH does not have a car so cant take it
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Oct 16, 6:49 PM
    • 14,282 Posts
    • 171,662 Thanks
    mhoc
    ok - you are going to have to choose your till boy carefully to accept such a wad of MOCs and triple count that you have at least 10 acceptable items - but are you going to try it

i cant see anything wrong with 10 soups - Ive never done more than 6 hipps at a time
    have you got sufficient MOCs or print offs?

This sounds like fun

You did the journey quickly, pleased it went well x

I love spicy parsnip soup.

So if I get 18 Hipp, and 10 parsnip soups.

Hipp £18
    Soup £6
    = £24
    T - Coffee/mayo/butter/bread to spend £6.
    = £30.

minus £3 when spend £30 =£27
    minus soup vouchers £2.50 = £24.50
    minus £18 vouchers = £6.50
    Minus BG £5.98 = roughly 50p to pay.

Last edited by mhoc; 14-10-2016 at 6:54 PM.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 14th Oct 16, 6:51 PM
    • 2,659 Posts
    • 25,210 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I'm just back from my local ASDA and got some more Mullers -- too early for APG but will post if it is a disaster. I also wandered unhopefully towards the cling film and to my astonishment found loads of the dispensers, though the SEL was £2.50. I got it price-checked and promptly bought a few of them, leaving a whole box untouched. I regret this now as on the way home I realised that the best thing to do with some of them, after donating to family and friends, is to put them in Tesco's food bank. I think they top up by about 40% and if they top up on non-food items, this will work well as they sell the dispenser for £4!!!
    • buyitall
    • By buyitall 14th Oct 16, 6:52 PM
    • 3,521 Posts
    • 17,977 Thanks
    buyitall
    Does anyone know when the next S's double up might be?
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Oct 16, 6:52 PM
    • 14,282 Posts
    • 171,662 Thanks
    mhoc
    am i missing something? why are them items highlighted
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    these are the only interesting things on a very mundane list - someone might fancy them as a filler
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Oct 16, 6:52 PM
    • 13,003 Posts
    • 164,341 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Green & Blacks chocolate, Waitrose 2 for £3, or less with PYO £1.50
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/green-blacks-chocolate-waitrose-2-for-3-less-with-pyo-2528399
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Thanks

I need to look at Waities, as I have 6 vouchers for £6 off a £30 shop....

I will blow the rest of my budget
    Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Oct 16, 6:57 PM
    • 41,598 Posts
    • 504,744 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thanks

I need to look at Waities, as I have 6 vouchers for £6 off a £30 shop....

I will blow the rest of my budget
    How have you got 6? i got a big fat 0
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Oct 16, 6:58 PM
    • 13,003 Posts
    • 164,341 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    ok - you are going to have to choose your till boy carefully to accept such a wade of MOCs and triple count that you have at least 10 acceptable items - but are you going to try it

i cant see anything wrong with 10 soups - Ive never done more than 6 hipps at a time
    have you got sufficient MOCs or print offs?

This sounds like fun
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I have been doing 12 and 18 Hipps, with other vouchers at the same time, but normally I wing it and it does not go as well as I want and end up paying a few pound.

Everyone in the house has been eating Tesco's own products for the month, My cupboards were empty at the beginning of the month, and I actually have loads of food in now, stocked up with oils and loads of other cupboard staples... even started Xmas food shopping with the Hipp - it is no wonder I have blown the budget (well that was waites, sainsbury, asda and some of Mr T).

I have a favourite SA...
    • vanilla twist
    • By vanilla twist 14th Oct 16, 7:02 PM
    • 3,736 Posts
    • 56,016 Thanks
    vanilla twist
    Sorted my nectar card out.
    Had misplaced old one (along with driving licence) but had one I picked up a while ago. Did the chat thing and all points on one card which has now been registered.
    Fun and games tomorrow then.

V x
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back
    Originally posted by fairclaire
    May the odds be ever in your favour

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Oct 16, 7:07 PM
    • 41,598 Posts
    • 504,744 Thanks
    bubbs
    Sorted my nectar card out.
    Had misplaced old one (along with driving licence) but had one I picked up a while ago. Did the chat thing and all points on one card which has now been registered.
    Fun and games tomorrow then.

V x
    Originally posted by vanilla twist
    Go for it
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

429Posts Today

1,732Users online

Martin's Twitter