Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,182Posts
    • 32,694Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1382
    • damo5134
    • By damo5134 14th Oct 16, 1:54 PM
    • 344 Posts
    • 4,798 Thanks
    damo5134
    Good afternoon everyone on this lovely sunny day.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but it looks like Tosco are selling off suntan lotions. I picked up tesco own SPF15 for 88pm and Ambre Solaire SPF20 invisible spray for £3.50. There were Garnier and all other makes heavily reduced. Useful to put away for next summer, when the prices will be expensive again.

I found them in the suntan lotion aisle and they were also in the clearance section too in our extra store.
    • aau1
    • By aau1 14th Oct 16, 1:57 PM
    • 18,134 Posts
    • 316,401 Thanks
    aau1
    Originally posted by zippydooda

You made me look

Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • Perranlady
    • By Perranlady 14th Oct 16, 2:14 PM
    • 1,321 Posts
    • 18,874 Thanks
    Perranlady
    Hi all, a bit of a newbie using yopmail, I have printed dome of the little dish coupons this morning, then went back to print dome more, after checking in tosco that the vouchers worked along with the mag coupons. But now yopmail is asking me to enter a capicha code, which when I enter, nothing happens, I am sure I am doing something wrong, is anyone able to offer any advice please?
    Thanks
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th Oct 16, 2:22 PM
    • 26,223 Posts
    • 388,217 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Afternoon (wave)

Weather here is decidedly Autumnal

Off soon down South.

Please tweets can you step in for the next few days on QUIZ?
    as unsure when I can get on my laptop at Parents

May or may not be Wimborne bound tomorrow, depends on whether my DS's OH wants to stay behind to house sit or I get the job
    Hoping I get to go
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Yes I will post the quiz for you my dear friend

Safe journey
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Oct 16, 2:33 PM
    • 12,981 Posts
    • 164,113 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Postman brought me two identical envelopes this morning each one gives two free tickets to the homebuilding and renovating show in Harrogate between the 4-6 November. I have printed 2 tickets, the others will be going in the recycling bin!
    Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Oct 16, 2:45 PM
    • 12,981 Posts
    • 164,113 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Hi all, a bit of a newbie using yopmail, I have printed dome of the little dish coupons this morning, then went back to print dome more, after checking in tosco that the vouchers worked along with the mag coupons. But now yopmail is asking me to enter a capicha code, which when I enter, nothing happens, I am sure I am doing something wrong, is anyone able to offer any advice please?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Perranlady
    Mine is doing this, and saying that there is an error... I think they have clicked we are using more than one e-mail address.
    Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • wackynut
    • By wackynut 14th Oct 16, 2:48 PM
    • 5,367 Posts
    • 109,261 Thanks
    wackynut
    are you sure

i make it £1.86
    £8/3 = £2.66 - 80p = £1.86 or £1.87 if rounded up
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    I've always said my maths were bad.

Still pretty happy paying £12.08 for it all though.
    Last edited by wackynut; 14-10-2016 at 2:56 PM.
    N1LDA
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 14th Oct 16, 2:56 PM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 25,138 Thanks
    Picasso7
    That makes more sense, thanks.

As well as adding an extra 0 on the end he also got the comma in the wrong place
    Originally posted by redfox
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 14th Oct 16, 3:01 PM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 25,138 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I'm a disaster area. No more little dish mocs available from their website (I've been working away so am late to this party) and Mum is here with her Daily Mail but it sounds as if finding Farmfoods might be a waste of time. I wanted the small ones anyway as I hate Marmite but want to take them to an ex pat in my hand luggage...

Ah well. Off to pick up my ASDA dress as found by a lovely OP though now I rudely forget who...
    • auto.armadillo
    • By auto.armadillo 14th Oct 16, 3:10 PM
    • 878 Posts
    • 16,689 Thanks
    auto.armadillo
    I'm a disaster area. No more little dish mocs available from their website (I've been working away so am late to this party) and Mum is here with her Daily Mail but it sounds as if finding Farmfoods might be a waste of time. I wanted the small ones anyway as I hate Marmite but want to take them to an ex pat in my hand luggage...

Ah well. Off to pick up my ASDA dress as found by a lovely OP though now I rudely forget who...
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    hey hun I just checked now and there are little dish vouchers still being given out xxx
    We are many we are one xxx

So that every single post that I contribute to this thread is on topic I would just like to say I am an elite 11+ member and I hear the unjust silence of my opinions whilst I am shopping in supermarkets mainly. Just sayin.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 14th Oct 16, 3:15 PM
    • 922 Posts
    • 9,103 Thanks
    curl girl
    Picasso. Marmite voucher is for Iceland only.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Oct 16, 3:22 PM
    • 12,981 Posts
    • 164,113 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Does anyone know if the NCG soup is comparing to S yet?

I am writing a shopping list for tomorrow.... I need to be organised as I don't have much left out of the frocking budget.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 14th Oct 16, 3:36 PM
    • 16,501 Posts
    • 178,389 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    We're back from delivering a van full of DDS stuff to Yorkshire. Not too bad a trip. Get on very well with his parents too.

So I finally have chance tomorrow to get wine, but I should imagine it is no longer working? Could have done with some more white too.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Oct 16, 3:48 PM
    • 10,601 Posts
    • 117,327 Thanks
    Anon
    Morning all - Wouldn't dash and buy a copy of the Daily Mail for the Marmite - my local Iceland which is a large one only had 8 jars and they had gone within 10 mins.

Hope you all get loads of Nectar Points today x
    Originally posted by ROCKINGHAM
    I did this morning and they didn't have any stock, waste of my time. Why have a big promo with a major newspaper and then not bother with increasing stock? All they have done is annoy me (DM and Ice!) and I am now less likely to bother in future.

Anon
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Oct 16, 3:49 PM
    • 41,564 Posts
    • 504,297 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    I got 3 x £10 petrol and 3500 points
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Oct 16, 4:18 PM
    • 14,265 Posts
    • 171,454 Thanks
    mhoc
    OK I did some experimenting in Mr Tosssers emporium of dreams today with mixed results - mostly because mysupermarket lied to me and I should have double checked Tesco.com against asda.com

I bought 5 of the soups on offer 5 for £3 - it matched 3 soups in asda = £3.27 so I lost 27p

So to make this experiment work we need to build a list of the ones Tesco sells but Asda does not to make this list work - inevitably its the nice soups I like.
    Or just 5 of the two non matching ones

It was like the olden days today, a carefully written list and a handful of MOCs - all scanning beautifully

original total £14.24
    minus soup multibuy £1.95
    minus brand guarantee £1.30
    new total £10.99

minus £6 Hipp MOCs
    minus £1.50 soup MOCs from the new magazine
    final total £3.39

minus £1.80 for Q clciksnappy for yog drink
    minus £1.49 for Q clcicksnappy

final true of shopping was 1p

I put the yogurt drink and the Hipps straight into the food bank trolley - actually looking at the sums the soup could have gone as well but I had to come out with some shopping or OH would Have thought I had really lost the plot

1x
    HIPP ORG APPLE, STRAWBERRY & BANANA 100G
    £1.00 £0.67 £1.00 n/a
    1x
    HIPP ORGANIC APL PEAR & BANANA 4 MTH+ 100G
    £1.00 £0.67 n/a n/a
    2x
    HIPP ORG PEACH, APPLE, BLUEBERRY RASPBERRY 100G
    £2.00 £1.34 n/a n/a
    1x
    HIPP ORGANIC PEAR BANANA & KIWI 6 MTH+ 100G
    £1.00 £0.67 n/a n/a
    1x
    HIPP ORG APL, BANA & R/BERRY B/FAST 6M+ 100G
    £1.00 £0.67 n/a n/a
    1x
    PEPERAMI SNACK PACK ORIGINAL 50G
    £1.49 £1.50 £1.50 n/a
    1x
    C&B BEST OF BRITISH WINTER VEG 400G
    £0.60 † £1.09 n/a n/a
    1x
    C&B BRITISH RST CHICKEN & VEG SOUP 400G
    £0.60 † £1.09 n/a n/a
    1x
    C&B BRITISH LEEK & POTATO SOUP 400G
    £0.60 † £1.09 n/a n/a
    1x
    C&B BEST OF BRITISH CHICKEN SOUP 400G
    £0.60 † n/a n/a n/a
    1x
    C&B BOB SPICY PARSNIP 400G
    £0.60 † n/a n/a n/a
    1x
    OPTIWELL S/BERRY AND RASPBERRY YOG DRINK 1LTR
    £1.80 £1.00 n/a n/a
    Tesco comparable total £11.09 £2.49 £0.00
    Competitor shop total £9.79 £2.50 £0.00
    The difference £1.30 -£0.01 £0.00
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Oct 16, 4:26 PM
    • 14,265 Posts
    • 171,454 Thanks
    mhoc
    Thinking aloud now - can someone test this out please

Buy 6 Hipp for £6 - avoiding the fruity porridge which does not match
    Plus 5 soups for £3 - non matching ones
    plus at least 3 other filler items - say another £1 but I know a lot of people can do it for much less than this but you need to have to pay something at the till - possibly some things for cashback?
    total say £10
    less £6 Hipp MOCs
    less £1.50 soup MOCs
    Less brand gaurantee £2 ???
    leaves 50p to pay

eg

1x
    HIPP ORG APPLE, STRAWBERRY & BANANA 100G
    £1.00 £0.67 £1.00 n/a
    1x
    HIPP ORGANIC APL PEAR & BANANA 4 MTH+ 100G
    £1.00 £0.67 n/a n/a
    2x
    HIPP ORG PEACH, APPLE, BLUEBERRY RASPBERRY 100G
    £2.00 £1.34 n/a n/a
    1x
    HIPP ORGANIC PEAR BANANA & KIWI 6 MTH+ 100G
    £1.00 £0.67 n/a n/a
    1x
    HIPP ORG APL, BANA & R/BERRY B/FAST 6M+ 100G
    £1.00 £0.67 n/a n/a
    3 x
    C&B BEST OF BRITISH CHICKEN SOUP 400G
    £1.20 † n/a n/a n/a
    2x
    C&B BOB SPICY PARSNIP 400G
    £1.20 † n/a n/a n/a
    at least three fillers items (eg the peppers which are good for Shopotize cashback
    1x
    TOSCO MIXED PEPPERS 3 PACK
    - £0.57 n/a n/a n/a
    Last edited by mhoc; 14-10-2016 at 4:38 PM.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • gocat
    • By gocat 14th Oct 16, 4:35 PM
    • 4,117 Posts
    • 47,116 Thanks
    gocat
    Went to S and got 2 lots of £10 petrol and a £10 shop = 3500 points so am happy with that. When taking my shopping back to the car, saw a rat running round . Don't think I want to go there again
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Oct 16, 4:37 PM
    • 14,265 Posts
    • 171,454 Thanks
    mhoc
    Sainsburys - I got £10 of fuel and got 2000 points

Then in store I got £10 of cat food - my gang are being cussed - they have 4 sorts of food to choose from - Whiskas jelly, Felix jelly, asda foil trays and meaty Sainsburys tins - between the three of them hardly anything is being eaten.

So I've bought three sets of six gravy tins and some different Whiskas whcih I had a 200 pointer for.
    They seem to be eating the gravy stuff at the moment but everything else will go back for a refund

The pet food shop gave me 500 points

I've still got some of the extra pointers for bedding to play with tomorrow but the sainsbobs till spit machines seem to be quite generous this weekend
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 14th Oct 16, 4:57 PM
    • 13,311 Posts
    • 214,665 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Mymail
    free* battle of hastings commemorative medal

friday, 14 october 2016 marks the 950th anniversary of one of the most memorable dates and events in british history: 1066 and the battle of hastings. So we’re giving you the chance to claim this stunning free commemorative medal. The front of the medal (36mm) is minted in solid bronze and has been hand designed by master sculptor john bergdahl, taking his inspiration from the bayeux tapestry which famously portrays the norman invasion of britain. It depicts in fine detail william the conqueror on horseback locked in the heat of battle.

The reverse of this special limited edition medal is designed by another master sculptor, matt bonaccorsi, and carries an inscription denoting the 950th anniversary of the battle of hastings. In addition, it features a textured background, with floral details and a pair of griffins also inspired by tapestry details.

How to claim

1. Join or sign in to your account at mymail.co.uk
    2.  enter any one unique number from the back page of the mail between friday, 14 october and friday, 21 october
    3. Redeem the promotion from mymail by tuesday, 25 october; no need to spend any mail points
    4. An email on how to claim your coin will be sent to you within 24 hours

terms and conditions: *£1.50 postage applies. One medal per reader. Allow 28 days from close of promotion for delivery. Uk mainland households only, aged 18 years or over. Fourteen-day right of return guarantee. Issued by the london mint office ltd, 1 carew street, london, se5 9df.
    It is great news about zippy. God can you imagine him as a granddad... 'If Carlsberg done Grandfathers.... he would be Zippy'.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    baby boy 14/10/15 6lb 12oz
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

272Posts Today

2,299Users online

Martin's Twitter