Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,199Posts
    • 32,759Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1381
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 14th Oct 16, 12:02 PM
    • 945 Posts
    • 9,298 Thanks
    curl girl
    Is the voucher only valid for today? Mum gets the daily fail delivered (much to my disgust) , so could try to get marmite for her
    tia
    Originally posted by gocat
    Yes today only.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Oct 16, 12:15 PM
    • 13,009 Posts
    • 164,405 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Hi all

Great news about your DD, TS - what a relief for you all

I managed a JF order this morning

My nearest 2 S's are excluded from the promotion, which is annoying , can't decide whether to go further afield or not.
    Last time this promo was on, my store wasn't on the exclusion list but didn't give out any points. When I queried it via FB, they said it was because that petrol station didn't have the machine to print them out? I have never seen the coupons, but assumed they are the same as the normal ones which offer extra points/money off etc so not sure why they need a different machine. Anyway, they sent me a £5 giftcard because it wasn't listed as an exclusion(which I then lost, so the whole thing was a waste of time and I still haven't got over losing it )

Have a good day everyone x
    Originally posted by buyitall
    I bought loads of single items of clothes.... now I need to try them on and see what fits!
    Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 14th Oct 16, 12:16 PM
    • 3,965 Posts
    • 88,032 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Poor lad.... stop picking on his maths (mine is far worse!)
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    He picks out every error going! It's fair play in my book
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.
    "Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations."
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Oct 16, 12:20 PM
    • 13,009 Posts
    • 164,405 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Oct 16, 12:21 PM
    • 13,009 Posts
    • 164,405 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    So at the beginning of today I had £33 in points.... now I have £121...... waiting for OH to bring his car home! Mine and DS2's car filled, he was filling each car, and I was paying the £10, he then ran into the kiosk gave me a big hug and kissed the top of my head before he ran off to uni. I know I bought this... but it is priceless.

Offered to take DS3 car to fill up (as he is without licence).... he refused.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th Oct 16, 12:35 PM
    • 23,276 Posts
    • 280,051 Thanks
    davemorton
    Think I'll be driving to Sains petrol station on fresh air this morning

Good luck everybody winning extra points
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Well..... I set off for work early so I could put my petrol in. Put £10, went to pay, nectar card no where!! I put it out last night so I would not forget it.
    So....Dash home at lunch time to pick it up and put another £10 in, cant bladdy find it!!

Cant see how to get £60 of petrol in a car either unless you are driving a tank AAU1
    Originally posted by gocat
    So easy, I have had a few cars that would take just short of £100 to fill up, and that was when petrol was a lot cheaper.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th Oct 16, 12:38 PM
    • 23,276 Posts
    • 280,051 Thanks
    davemorton
    DOUBLE :mad

jUST FOUND IT IN MY SHIRT POCKET, WHERE i CHECKED three TIMES this morning at the pump. Grrrrr!!! (-caps)
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 14th Oct 16, 12:41 PM
    • 1,187 Posts
    • 13,261 Thanks
    Arthien
    Afternoon all!

No S near me and I'd never remember to spend the points so I won't be playing today. I'd say 'hope you all fill your boots' but I think that's a fire hazard

DH and I switched our mortgage last night, we've dropped £275 off our monthly cost, and so if we add that to our monthly overpayment, MSE's calculator reckons we'd be mortgage-free in 8 years instead of 28!

Unfortunately we want to move next year (if we ever get the flippin' thing finished ) so that plan won't quite work, but it's still going to make a massive difference in the meantime!!
    Counting down to Christmas!

Also looking for gammon recipe inspiration!
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Oct 16, 12:58 PM
    • 13,009 Posts
    • 164,405 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    DM..... you must have had some big ones!!!

Afternoon all!

No S near me and I'd never remember to spend the points so I won't be playing today. I'd say 'hope you all fill your boots' but I think that's a fire hazard

DH and I switched our mortgage last night, we've dropped £275 off our monthly cost, and so if we add that to our monthly overpayment, MSE's calculator reckons we'd be mortgage-free in 8 years instead of 28!

Unfortunately we want to move next year (if we ever get the flippin' thing finished ) so that plan won't quite work, but it's still going to make a massive difference in the meantime!!
    Originally posted by Arthien
    Well done Arthien, that is a massive drop x
    • abailey54
    • By abailey54 14th Oct 16, 1:14 PM
    • 1,464 Posts
    • 18,637 Thanks
    abailey54
    Thanks TM and everyone for mentioning the nectar deal, just back and did 2 x petrol and 2 x groceries and got 3 x £1000 and 1 x £2000 just been studying the petrol gauge in the car wondering whether I can fit another tenner in there

Well done on the frocky efforts those who are doing it, you all look like you're doing really well
    Mission 2016 - make a dent in the debt: £1566/£7887 (19.9%)
    • aau1
    • By aau1 14th Oct 16, 1:16 PM
    • 18,165 Posts
    • 316,721 Thanks
    aau1
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    'Tis true. And on that note....

Thanks TM and everyone for mentioning the nectar deal, just back and did 2 x petrol and 2 x groceries and got 3 x £1000 and 1 x £2000 just been studying the petrol gauge in the car wondering whether I can fit another tenner in there

Well done on the frocky efforts those who are doing it, you all look like you're doing really well
    Originally posted by abailey54
    £5,000. You did even better than me then
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 14th Oct 16, 1:16 PM
    • 13,321 Posts
    • 214,805 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Waitrose
    done well today

Scottish salmon was rtc, half price at £2.19 then 20% off at the till(friday deal) =£1.71 then i had a £1 fresh fish coupon expiring soon
    so £4.38 of fresh salmon for 71p

and to top the deal off, i was asked "do you want it in a cook bag"
    so into the bag it went with a choice of butters and lemon. so dw can just pop it straight into the oven.
    so with all i got today, my spicy nuts were quite expensive at half price (99p)

i post shops like this as a reminder to others to look at the fresh counters for rtc items.
    It is great news about zippy. God can you imagine him as a granddad... 'If Carlsberg done Grandfathers.... he would be Zippy'.
    baby boy 14/10/15 6lb 12oz
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 14th Oct 16, 1:22 PM
    • 13,321 Posts
    • 214,805 Thanks
    zippydooda
    I think aau has got a bit over excited with his wins and added an extra "0".

I made it 2 x 2000 and 4 x 500 = 6,000 as those were the combinations he said he won. An accountant getting the figures wrong!
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    That makes more sense, thanks.

As well as adding an extra 0 on the end he also got the comma in the wrong place
    Originally posted by redfox
    and i missed his errors.

It is great news about zippy. God can you imagine him as a granddad... 'If Carlsberg done Grandfathers.... he would be Zippy'.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 14th Oct 16, 1:25 PM
    • 945 Posts
    • 9,298 Thanks
    curl girl
    Farmfoods vouchers on page 36 in today's mail.
    £2.50 off £25 and £5 off £50.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • aau1
    • By aau1 14th Oct 16, 1:29 PM
    • 18,165 Posts
    • 316,721 Thanks
    aau1
    and i missed his errors.

Originally posted by zippydooda
    Plural? I think you're mistaken

Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • wackynut
    • By wackynut 14th Oct 16, 1:34 PM
    • 5,368 Posts
    • 109,271 Thanks
    wackynut
    Last edited by wackynut; 14-10-2016 at 2:53 PM.
    N1LDA
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 14th Oct 16, 1:35 PM
    • 4,655 Posts
    • 58,124 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    I got a 500 and a 2000 on petrol. Had to get home, so will go back for another couple of goes later. The pumps have been fitted with little buttons labelled £1, £5, £10 and £20 which you can use to set the amount you want to spend prior to dispensing the fuel, so no need to spend more than exactly £10. Have a feeling aau1 would approve of this
    Checked out Iceland for Marmite. None visible, then I heard another customer ask. He was told people have been asking all morning and they don't stock it.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 14th Oct 16, 1:37 PM
    • 13,321 Posts
    • 214,805 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Plural? I think you're misteaken

Originally posted by aau1
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 14th Oct 16, 1:43 PM
    • 13,321 Posts
    • 214,805 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Birds Eye 4 breaded large cod fillets frozen 480g work out at £1.07 each after mb and my picks.

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/DisplayProductFlyout?productId=59824

Originally posted by wackynut
    are you sure

i make it £1.86
    £8/3 = £2.66 - 80p = £1.86 or £1.87 if rounded up
    Last edited by zippydooda; 14-10-2016 at 1:46 PM.
    • Sad_Dad
    • By Sad_Dad 14th Oct 16, 1:48 PM
    • 723 Posts
    • 11,073 Thanks
    Sad_Dad
    Afternoon All,

Thanks to scamps for posting about the little dishes, thought I would give it a try on my lunch hour. I used 3 free MOCs and one £1 from the mag. Should also get £4.40 cashback.

1x
    TOSCO MIXED PEPPERS 3 PACK
    - £0.57 n/a n/a n/a
    1x
    LOOSE BROWN ONIONS
    0.08kg £0.06 n/a n/a n/a
    1x
    CARROTS LOOSE CLASS 1
    0.05kg £0.03 n/a n/a n/a
    1x
    LOOSE RED ONIONS CLASS 2
    0.089kg £0.07 n/a n/a n/a
    1x
    7 UP LIGHT LEMON & LIME 2 LITRE BOTTLE
    - £1.00 £1.00 £1.50 £1.00
    1x
    CARLING LAGER 4X440ML
    - £3.50 £3.50 £3.75 £3.00
    1x
    KINGSMILL 50/50 MEDIUM BREAD 800G
    - £0.85 £0.85 £1.00 n/a
    1x
    SWIZZELS MATLOW WINE GUMMIES SINGLE 16G
    - £0.10 n/a n/a n/a
    1x
    LITTLE DISH 1YR+ FISH PIE 200G
    - £2.30 £2.50 £2.25 £1.67
    1x
    LITTLE DISH 1YR+ CHICKEN PIE PIE 200G
    1x
    LITTLE DISH 1YR+ CHICKEN & VEG RISOTTO 200G
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,883Posts Today

6,640Users online

Martin's Twitter