Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,190Posts
    • 32,695Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1379
    • ROCKINGHAM
    • By ROCKINGHAM 14th Oct 16, 9:58 AM
    • 837 Posts
    • 8,020 Thanks
    ROCKINGHAM
    Morning all - Wouldn't dash and buy a copy of the Daily Mail for the Marmite - my local Iceland which is a large one only had 8 jars and they had gone within 10 mins.

Hope you all get loads of Nectar Points today x
    • altojack
    • By altojack 14th Oct 16, 9:59 AM
    • 7,920 Posts
    • 109,240 Thanks
    altojack
    Morning, the year 1, 2's & 3's are being so good and amusing when we give them their flu spray. We learn a lot about your family even though we don't ask about it. They just come out with some random things about home life The sad thing is is that so many of them don't know their birthday or where they live, some not even their surname, not that we say surname. Shockingly even the high school children are foxed by that word
    Have a good weekend
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    I can well imagine they keep you chuckling with some of the random stuff but omg it's the parents not teaching their children some of the basic things. In this day and age I would have thought they would know where they live and surname. Pulls at the heart strings somewhat too, I always thought it was a party trick to get your children to reel off their address at least. Poor kids.
    There's no place like home
    • aallank
    • By aallank 14th Oct 16, 10:08 AM
    • 2,165 Posts
    • 19,501 Thanks
    aallank
    Has anyone tried the ripple/mars/snicker chocs against S on APG, I just wondered if anyone knows whether it will pick up yet please?
    • altojack
    • By altojack 14th Oct 16, 10:08 AM
    • 7,920 Posts
    • 109,240 Thanks
    altojack
    The sun is trying to break through the overhanging grey clouds that are blocking my vision of a blue sky. Be gone greyness and let the sunlight shine

I'm up a tad later than I wanted but what the heck, nothing is spoiling today

I had a phone call yesterday about 3.30pm from Mr A. My receipts had been reprinted by the lovely lady that i had to give them to for save keeping. So kind of her to do them as its not her job, thank you Very much.

Another catchup from over night or early this morning so I'd better get s move on.

Snap, safe journey down to mum and dads xx
    There's no place like home
    • auto.armadillo
    • By auto.armadillo 14th Oct 16, 10:19 AM
    • 878 Posts
    • 16,689 Thanks
    auto.armadillo
    in case it aint been mentioned muller light peanut and caramel does not appear on apg xxx
    We are many we are one xxx

So that every single post that I contribute to this thread is on topic I would just like to say I am an elite 11+ member and I hear the unjust silence of my opinions whilst I am shopping in supermarkets mainly. Just sayin.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 14th Oct 16, 10:23 AM
    • 13,312 Posts
    • 214,707 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Has anyone tried the ripple/mars/snicker chocs against S on APG, I just wondered if anyone knows whether it will pick up yet please?
    Originally posted by aallank
    what size snickers, as there is a 9 pack in s and a 10 pack in asda so that wont compare,and larger bars in s
    It is great news about zippy. God can you imagine him as a granddad... 'If Carlsberg done Grandfathers.... he would be Zippy'.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    baby boy 14/10/15 6lb 12oz
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 14th Oct 16, 10:23 AM
    • 8,006 Posts
    • 47,626 Thanks
    LEJC
    Did LEJC finish her bathroom?
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    I was there until 8 last night and have dismantled the shower screen and cleaned that...the taps on the bath and some of the tiling...HG mould spray has been my friend....I looked at the toilet and TBH today I think I'm just going out to buy a new toilet seat...I cant even go there with industrial gloves!

OH is going to cut out all the sealant around the bath and just replace....under the dirt of the flooring we have discovered 4 cracked tiles...and as yet are undecided about how to tackle that one...the bathroom is only 3 years old but was redone by the previous owner and we have no spare tiles....its a style that wont match easily and so I think it will end up as a wear and tear issue that will just have to be lived with going forward.

Hopefully today I can tackle the sink and undercupboard...then it might be in a position to clean.

In the 3 years that we have been letting this is the first set off tenants that we have had a problem with so I guess we just need to be realistic...it happens.

I too subscribe to the phrase that VT used last night of "my property....your home" but occasionally there are those around who will just use it as a hotel and expect the maid to clean on vacation.
    These tenants literally picked up their furniture and left....switched of the fridge probably about a week ago and left the contents to rot,along with food in the oven and piles of dirty pots and dishes in the kitchen....
    We are slowly reclaiming the interior....but it will be a few more days of cleaning,painting and then carpet cleaning before we can move on

but enough of that....Good morning all

It's a roast for tea tonight...a small beef roasting joint I found reduced last week with some veg and I possibly need some potatoes that all...and there should be enough left over for a curry tomorrow...
    onwards to the day in hand....hope it's a good one
    Last edited by LEJC; 14-10-2016 at 11:24 AM.
    participating in frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    November spend £41.01 of £40
    Am I brave enough to track what we spend on Dec/Christmas food.....
    • aallank
    • By aallank 14th Oct 16, 10:24 AM
    • 2,165 Posts
    • 19,501 Thanks
    aallank
    what size snickers, as there is a 9 pack in s and a 10 pack in asda so that wont compare
    Originally posted by zippydooda

Thank you, that's me not checking properly.... the ripple/mars/bounty/twix I think?
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 14th Oct 16, 10:33 AM
    • 12,907 Posts
    • 225,489 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

Weather here is decidedly Autumnal

Off soon down South.

Please tweets can you step in for the next few days on QUIZ?
    as unsure when I can get on my laptop at Parents

May or may not be Wimborne bound tomorrow, depends on whether my DS's OH wants to stay behind to house sit or I get the job
    Hoping I get to go
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• redfox
    • By redfox 14th Oct 16, 10:38 AM
    • 11,190 Posts
    • 32,695 Thanks
    redfox
    I've got a total of 60,000 points across £60 petrol spend this morning. All 500s or 2,000s

Originally posted by aau1
    Can't see how that's possible to get 60,000 on 6 x £10 spends when the vouchers given out are 2000. Even if they were all 2000 points that would only return 12,000 for a £60 spend. Or am I missing something?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 14th Oct 16, 10:38 AM
    • 12,907 Posts
    • 225,489 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    hornetgirl was yesterday's smartest player!

26 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Friday): *** FunTrivia Mixed Bag

Last edited by Snap-ant; 14-10-2016 at 10:43 AM. Reason: deleted swear word...
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 14th Oct 16, 10:39 AM
    • 5,606 Posts
    • 77,009 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Sat in dentist, got a sore gum and as going away Nxt Friday just wanted to make sure it's ok.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 513 -------- £500.00
    £526.00
    • bcw123
    • By bcw123 14th Oct 16, 10:45 AM
    • 855 Posts
    • 12,672 Thanks
    bcw123
    Hi what is the deal re sainsburys points tried looking back but must have missed it
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 14th Oct 16, 10:47 AM
    • 12,610 Posts
    • 131,185 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Hi what is the deal re sainsburys points tried looking back but must have missed it
    Originally posted by bcw123
    It's a swipe your card for points prizes event bcw
    R.I.P. Mr 3Dogs 3rd July 2012
    3Dogs'Mam 31st March 2013

FRUGAL groceries - Oct £55.98/£60 (for 3 weeks) Nov £62.96/£80 Dec £11.39/£60
    NSD's Oct-18 Nov-16 Dec 4/15
    eBay Oct £116.33/£100 Nov £76.71/£50 Dec £22.83/£50
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 14th Oct 16, 10:49 AM
    • 12,610 Posts
    • 131,185 Thanks
    3Dogs
    I'm sure we all know.....but just in case

We're giving away millions of bonus Nectar points in our Swipe and Win event, from Friday to Sunday.

All you need to do is spend £10 or more and swipe your Nectar card* in store, online or on petrol, and you're guaranteed to get a coupon worth from 200 to 5,000 points (that's up to £25).

Terms and conditions

Nectar Swipe and Win: To enter spend £10 or more in one transaction and swipe Nectar card. Qualifying spend exclusions apply. Offer available in store and online for groceries delivered between 14-16 October 2016. Excludes Centrals, Locals, Cafes and selected Petrol Stations. All entrants meeting the qualifying conditions will receive a reward coupon. Every qualifying customer will receive a minimum of 200 points and prizes up to 5,000 points are allocated at random. Redeem Swipe and Win coupon in store only until 30 October 2016. See full terms and conditions here.

Spend does not apply to cashback, purchases from the National Lottery stand, Lloyds pharmacy or other concessions, tobacco kiosk, vending machines, or purchases of spirits and liqueurs, baby milk products, gift cards, charity items, medicines, savings stamps, phone cards, mobile phone vouchers, or postage stamps. Offer not valid with any other offer & is non-transferable.
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    This is it bcw
    R.I.P. Mr 3Dogs 3rd July 2012
    3Dogs'Mam 31st March 2013

FRUGAL groceries - Oct £55.98/£60 (for 3 weeks) Nov £62.96/£80 Dec £11.39/£60
    NSD's Oct-18 Nov-16 Dec 4/15
    eBay Oct £116.33/£100 Nov £76.71/£50 Dec £22.83/£50
    • aallank
    • By aallank 14th Oct 16, 10:59 AM
    • 2,165 Posts
    • 19,501 Thanks
    aallank
    what size snickers, as there is a 9 pack in s and a 10 pack in asda so that wont compare,and larger bars in s
    Originally posted by zippydooda

Should the others compare to S at £1.50 do you know?
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 14th Oct 16, 11:04 AM
    • 26,047 Posts
    • 361,658 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Can't see how that's possible to get 60,000 on 6 x £10 spends when the vouchers given out are 2000. Even if they were all 2000 points that would only return 12,000 for a £60 spend. Or am I missing something?
    Originally posted by redfox
    I think aau has got a bit over excited with his wins and added an extra "0".

I made it 2 x 2000 and 4 x 500 = 6,000 as those were the combinations he said he won. An accountant getting the figures wrong!
    Last edited by Tinyshoes; 14-10-2016 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Can't add up...
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • Nannylala
    • By Nannylala 14th Oct 16, 11:06 AM
    • 6,737 Posts
    • 109,657 Thanks
    Nannylala
    Good morning just popped in quick whilst little Bro in the shower ..then of out for a browse round the local charity shops and pick up a few bits and pieces food wise to take back to the girls in Denmark ..jellies ..stuffing and bisto gravy ...all the things they miss about England
    • emmad5689
    • By emmad5689 14th Oct 16, 11:06 AM
    • 1,108 Posts
    • 13,757 Thanks
    emmad5689
    Morning, has anyone tried the 4 for £5 chocolates in Ms or the 2 for £5 chocolates in T's to see if they come up on comparisons yet??? Xxx
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
    • redfox
    • By redfox 14th Oct 16, 11:07 AM
    • 11,190 Posts
    • 32,695 Thanks
    redfox
    I think aau has got a bit over excited with his wins and added an extra "0".

I made it 4 x 2000 and 4 x 500 = 6,000 as those were the combinations he said he won. An accountant getting the figures wrong!
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    That makes more sense, thanks.

As well as adding an extra 0 on the end he also got the comma in the wrong place

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

731Posts Today

5,708Users online

Martin's Twitter