Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,199Posts
    • 32,759Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1372
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Oct 16, 7:52 PM
    • 41,649 Posts
    • 505,096 Thanks
    bubbs
    Scalextric Total Speed - McLaren P1 and Jaguar C-X75 £60.00 @ Asda
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/scalextric-total-speed-mclaren-p1-jaguar-c-x75-60-asda-2527799
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 13th Oct 16, 7:54 PM
    • 2,684 Posts
    • 38,995 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Nope could do with a real GOOD glitch apaart from mullers, think im mullered out well actul truth is i dont have fridge space and i have 2 f/freezers but one lot is for my sis
    Originally posted by bubbs
    There's something about yogurt that I just don't like...if it's still working I might consider getting some rices
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Oct 16, 7:54 PM
    • 41,649 Posts
    • 505,096 Thanks
    bubbs
    ILTS your box is full
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 13th Oct 16, 7:57 PM
    • 2,684 Posts
    • 38,995 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Well after seeing ds2 off at 2:45 this morning he has arrived in New York
    They are straight to the hotel and off out for a walk to Times Square followed by planet Hollywood for tea and then to the Empire State , I'm so jelous of his trip
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • locarr
    • By locarr 13th Oct 16, 7:58 PM
    • 7,295 Posts
    • 133,191 Thanks
    locarr
    Did you manage to get a purple draggle?
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop

Got 3 I think, 6 altogether, 2 pink, one green...all for sale!
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 13th Oct 16, 8:02 PM
    • 2,684 Posts
    • 38,995 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Originally posted by locarr
    I ordered pengulas to find out it was meant to be a draggle and also an owlicorn...who new children's toys could be so confusing
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 13th Oct 16, 8:03 PM
    • 2,684 Posts
    • 38,995 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    ILTS your box is full
    Should be empty
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Oct 16, 8:06 PM
    • 41,649 Posts
    • 505,096 Thanks
    bubbs
    They are straight to the hotel and off out for a walk to Times Square followed by planet Hollywood for tea and then to the Empire State , I'm so jelous of his trip
    Corr that was early, hope he has a brill trip, i would be jealous too Is it with school?
    Pm sent
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • emmad5689
    • By emmad5689 13th Oct 16, 8:09 PM
    • 1,108 Posts
    • 13,757 Thanks
    emmad5689
    It's a disposable email. Make up anything @yopmail.com When you check, forward it to your own email and print. HTH.
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Thanks so much, I've printed some off, don't understand why the little dish meals are comparing as according to my supermarket there's only one variety on 3 for £5 in morrisons. Does anyone know how good tesco are at picking up prices? Wondering if the 4 for £5 sweets will compare tomorrow xx
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
    • gardenia
    • By gardenia 13th Oct 16, 8:12 PM
    • 1,038 Posts
    • 22,084 Thanks
    gardenia
    Hello all thanks for the mullers 11 Apple plus 1 plain worked
    A v T
    Saw on hduk 750g tri pack grapes for £1 (£1.33 kg) so added them on
    Come back NA to all stores on apg
    also online
    https://groceries.asda.com/product/grapes/asda-growers-selection-tripack-seedless-grapes/910001689860

Tube sweets work out £1.80 for three

0.09x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (PER KG) £0.07 £0.07
    0.02x ASDA Grower's Selection Thin Chillies (PER KG) £0.06 N/A
    1x Goodfella's Takeaway Big Cheese Pizza (555G) £2.47 £2.00
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (PER KG) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA Chosen by Kids Easy Peasy Peelers (500G) £0.50 N/A
    3x Jelly Tots Giant Tube (130G) £3.00 £2.00.
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Tri-Pack Seedless Grapes (750G) £1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Custard Creams (400G) £0.50 £0.40
    10x Muller Rice Apple (1X180G) £5.50 £3.00
    1x Muller Rice Original (1X180G) £0.55 £0.55
    1x Warburtons Farmhouse Soft White Bread (800G) £1.00 £1.25
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 13th Oct 16, 8:14 PM
    • 2,831 Posts
    • 25,144 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Thanks VT yes it's a good idea ordering the coals themselves I hadn't really thought about that doh! The garage door is broken too and the well maintained lawns are a mass of soil and weeds but it is probably better if they keep their heads down and fix these things themselves. They should keep the broken garage door and when they leave put it back on!! It must have been someone else with the dirty oven.
    Thanks for the advice I'll pass it on tomorrow.
    SPC9# 517 target £365. £692 SPC10 #. Target £365
    The wisdom you seek is already within you.
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 13th Oct 16, 8:18 PM
    • 2,684 Posts
    • 38,995 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Corr that was early, hope he has a brill trip, i would be jealous too Is it with school?
    Pm sent
    Yes with school as part of his music, he's out there for 5 days and doing everything that I would love, he knows he is very lucky but he also helped fund the trip with a paper round and his little choppy job so not all handed on a plate
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 13th Oct 16, 8:22 PM
    • 2,684 Posts
    • 38,995 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Thanks VT yes it's a good idea ordering the coals themselves I hadn't really thought about that doh! The garage door is broken too and the well maintained lawns are a mass of soil and weeds but it is probably better if they keep their heads down and fix these things themselves. They should keep the broken garage door and when they leave put it back on!! It must have been someone else with the dirty oven.
    Thanks for the advice I'll pass it on tomorrow.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Just my 2ps worth but I would just take photos of anything you are not happy with and email them with said Inventry so that when you move out you can show them what you started with...that is what we did and basically rewrote the whole thing as it stated things were clean and things were not, they had put carpets were professionally cleaned ..no they were not, we did this and got our full deposit back when we left.i would not advise for paying out for big things that you don't need to as that is up to them to sort x
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 13th Oct 16, 8:27 PM
    • 1,684 Posts
    • 17,818 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Hope you had a dumping too i lovvvveeeeee dumplings
    bubbles made me cry with what you said...Soooo funny...
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Oct 16, 8:30 PM
    • 28,129 Posts
    • 396,425 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    evening My wife (who is Thai) has just returned home from work and I have had to tell her her King passed away today not a happy household
    Originally posted by bcw123
    Evening paw sniffers

Just catching up on the news on this bcw

What does it mean for Thailand?

Just loved reading all your stories today....apologies for the lack of thanks.......unsure whether it was someone's suggestion about maxing out your pension contributions but anyway I decided to do that today....should have done it yonks ago.....but better late than never.

I'm lucky that I love my job and want to work for a long time yet. I haven't any great plans to tour the world or climb mountains......as if....I'm happy with the simple things.....good food, a nice bottle of wine, my allotment and a happy healthy family....but planning for the future is important too and great to see so many of us have plans in place
    I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarian and we're sceptical.
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Oct 16, 8:33 PM
    • 28,129 Posts
    • 396,425 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Start saving ILTS

He'll be having a whale of a time
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • rockyrose
    • By rockyrose 13th Oct 16, 8:35 PM
    • 1,444 Posts
    • 14,713 Thanks
    rockyrose
    I would quote Di in as well but on previous page.

As some might know my last home was rented and owned by the notorious Wilsons. It might have been their house but it was my home.

V x
    Originally posted by vanilla twist
    As a side note I used to work with her Mrs Wilson when she was the Head of Maths in a school in Kent, at the beginning of the 1990's, my first teaching job.....she was a bit of a.....then. Their "empire" was already growing even when half the staffroom at this school were completely stressed out most of the time because it was when the interest rates were going through the roof and peoples mortgages were doubling even trebling and some were loosing houses etc. I often used to wonder how on earth they survived but I guess the rules are different if you "know" the ones in power. Always a not so faint wiff of corruption around them..
    Last edited by rockyrose; 13-10-2016 at 8:45 PM.
    NI FEIDIR ACH LE DIA BREITHIUNAS A DHEANAMH ORM
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Oct 16, 8:37 PM
    • 28,129 Posts
    • 396,425 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Hello all thanks for the mullers 11 Apple plus 1 plain worked
    A v T
    Saw on hduk 750g tri pack grapes for £1 (£1.33 kg) so added them on
    Come back NA to all stores on apg
    also online
    https://groceries.asda.com/product/grapes/asda-growers-selection-tripack-seedless-grapes/910001689860

Tube sweets work out £1.80 for three

0.09x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (PER KG) £0.07 £0.07
    0.02x ASDA Grower's Selection Thin Chillies (PER KG) £0.06 N/A
    1x Goodfella's Takeaway Big Cheese Pizza (555G) £2.47 £2.00
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (PER KG) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA Chosen by Kids Easy Peasy Peelers (500G) £0.50 N/A
    3x Jelly Tots Giant Tube (130G) £3.00 £2.00.
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Tri-Pack Seedless Grapes (750G) £1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Custard Creams (400G) £0.50 £0.40
    10x Muller Rice Apple (1X180G) £5.50 £3.00
    1x Muller Rice Original (1X180G) £0.55 £0.55
    1x Warburtons Farmhouse Soft White Bread (800G) £1.00 £1.25
    Originally posted by gardenia
    Thank you gardenia....I've been wondering about those grapes

Has anyone else found the RTC cheeses?

Found more today. Mozzarella slices£1.80 down to 80p. Asda branded smoked cheddar 83p , smoked Bavarian .....can't remember how much I bought more of the Philly at 50p
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 13th Oct 16, 8:38 PM
    • 2,338 Posts
    • 36,043 Thanks
    wendyak
    bubbles made me cry with what you said...Soooo funny...
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    perhaps its all that veg !!!!!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Oct 16, 8:41 PM
    • 28,129 Posts
    • 396,425 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Originally posted by locarr
    I ordered pengulas to find out it was meant to be a draggle and also an owlicorn...who new children's toys could be so confusing
    I haven't a clue what you are both on about

Just checked a womble and not one single thing on it compares to anywhere everything is N/A
    Arthur C Clarke.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,847Posts Today

6,562Users online

Martin's Twitter