Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,199Posts
    • 32,759Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1371
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 13th Oct 16, 6:39 PM
    • 5,085 Posts
    • 90,663 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Hi scamps, did you use the coupon in the tesco mag along with the free product coupon?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Perranlady
    No mags in my store.
    • Perranlady
    • By Perranlady 13th Oct 16, 6:41 PM
    • 1,323 Posts
    • 18,899 Thanks
    Perranlady
    Oh there in t mag too
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Yes it's for £1 off
    • emmad5689
    • By emmad5689 13th Oct 16, 6:44 PM
    • 1,108 Posts
    • 13,757 Thanks
    emmad5689
    https://littledish.printathome.co.uk/

Yopmail is your friend.
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Can someone please tell me how yopmail works please??
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 13th Oct 16, 6:48 PM
    • 5,085 Posts
    • 90,663 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Can someone please tell me how yopmail works please??
    Originally posted by emmad5689
    It's a disposable email. Make up anything @yopmail.com When you check, forward it to your own email and print. HTH.
    • vanilla twist
    • By vanilla twist 13th Oct 16, 6:49 PM
    • 3,738 Posts
    • 56,038 Thanks
    vanilla twist
    Eldest son and his GF had endless moving in issues with their flat, finally moved in 2 days after the original move in date only to find that it had not been professionally cleaned - ie unclean look, dirty work surfaces, dirty oven etc

So they reported all of the issues online again.

On Sunday afternoon we had been there for the day and we came back from town to find the cleaners had arrived - ie 4 days after moving in day. The cleaners did not know the flat was already occupied and the agency had not emailed to say the cleaners were arriving on Sunday afternoon.
    The cleaners were very nice and asked GF what she wanted doing in particular - she said bathroom, oven etc and they said they would also deal with the dust on the very high ceilings
    So the cleaners were in for 3 hours that Sunday afternoon - and still the oven wasn't cleaned

The previous tenant left a bin bag which contained dirty and soiled bedding and instead of this being disposed of it was listed on the inventory
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I would quote Di in as well but on previous page.

As some might know my last home was rented and owned by the notorious Wilsons. It might have been their house but it was my home.
    It was easier to do odd issues myself and after bottom surfing down the stairs on more than one occasion due to worn threadbare carpet I recarpeted the stairs and 3 bedrooms. I did think about keeping old carpets and putting back when I left but too much hassle. I painted to my taste and replaced all light fittings.
    All upgrades I left when I moved out (I had expected to live there a few more years ) I had the house repainted in magnolia, the oven professionally cleaned and also the house. I was pertrified of them sending baliffs knocking on my door with ridiculous demands for money as read of people being sued £5k because they had a guarantor and it was though guarantor had money so would pay up.
    As it was I moved out 2 days before they sold the portfolio and had my full deposit back the same day.

What I am trying to say is document the dirty oven then get it cleaned yourself. Send bill in and might get lucky, if not what is £35 to have a sparkling oven to cook great meals in. Di it might be worth finding and ordering the coals for the fire yourself. It would make it useable which might keep heating bills down.
    If LL doesn't pay for oven clean then leave dirty when you go, If they don't pay for coals then don't leave them.

These things are really small and no point getting upset over.

I always loved and looked after my rented homes and did what was needed to enjoy my time in them.
    Their house My home.

I hope you understand what I mean.

V x
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back
    Originally posted by fairclaire
    May the odds be ever in your favour

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Oct 16, 6:55 PM
    • 41,649 Posts
    • 505,096 Thanks
    bubbs
    It's a disposable email. Make up anything @yopmail.com When you check, forward it to your own email and print. HTH.
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    I print from yopmail
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Oct 16, 6:58 PM
    • 41,649 Posts
    • 505,096 Thanks
    bubbs
    boots star gift 21.10.16 seventeen set heads up £20.00
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/boots-star-gift-21-10-16-seventeen-set-heads-up-2527752
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 13th Oct 16, 7:05 PM
    • 3,326 Posts
    • 34,480 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Just made enormous beef stew using up all the different root veg that was lurking in little bags in the freezer. Lots of parsnips, as when I buy them fresh to roast I only use the top end, the tails go into a freezer bag for stocks, stews and casseroles.

It's made 4 lots, I just had one lot, the other 3 are cooling and will be frozen later. I now have 6 identifiable easy dinners for the week ahead so no need to buy meat yet...
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Oct 16, 7:08 PM
    • 41,649 Posts
    • 505,096 Thanks
    bubbs
    Just made enormous beef stew using up all the different root veg that was lurking in little bags in the freezer. Lots of parsnips, as when I buy them fresh to roast I only use the top end, the tails go into a freezer bag for stocks, stews and casseroles.

It's made 4 lots, I just had one lot, the other 3 are cooling and will be frozen later. I now have 6 identifiable easy dinners for the week ahead so no need to buy meat yet...
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Hope you had a dumping too i lovvvveeeeee dumplings
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Oct 16, 7:09 PM
    • 41,649 Posts
    • 505,096 Thanks
    bubbs
    Actually you know when you freeze the snips, do you blanch or just chuck em in?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 13th Oct 16, 7:13 PM
    • 3,326 Posts
    • 34,480 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Actually you know when you freeze the snips, do you blanch or just chuck em in?
    I have never blanched anything in my life...

No dumplings. I don't like them. Will have with jacket potato, or roast or mashed potato, or crusty bread, or maybe even wedges.
    Last edited by Serendipitious; 13-10-2016 at 7:15 PM.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Oct 16, 7:18 PM
    • 41,649 Posts
    • 505,096 Thanks
    bubbs
    I have never blanched anything in my life...

No dumplings. I don't like them. Will have with jacket potato, or roast or mashed potato, or crusty bread, or maybe even wedges.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Well i havent blanched anything either but wasnt sure about snips, i like them hubby dont and usually buy a packet as cheaper
    I usually have a slice of bread but no potatoes
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • bcw123
    • By bcw123 13th Oct 16, 7:27 PM
    • 857 Posts
    • 12,684 Thanks
    bcw123
    evening My wife (who is Thai) has just returned home from work and I have had to tell her her King passed away today not a happy household
    • locarr
    • By locarr 13th Oct 16, 7:34 PM
    • 7,295 Posts
    • 133,191 Thanks
    locarr
    It's not what it means, it's where it comes from. I am old enough to remember.
    Originally posted by tbw
    Trolls are best reported and ignored, the quote has now been removed
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 13th Oct 16, 7:36 PM
    • 2,684 Posts
    • 38,995 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    For anyone looking for washing capsules I was looking on waitrose and it looked like they had a bogof starting but couldn't find anything from it apart from plenty kitchen roll. Anyway on there they have fairy non bio and ariel 3in1 pods in a 60 pack for £7, it's says reduced from £8 but they are usually a lot more exspensive than that so not far over the magic 10 p wash , hope this helps some that are short
    Last edited by ilovetoshop; 13-10-2016 at 7:41 PM.
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Oct 16, 7:39 PM
    • 41,649 Posts
    • 505,096 Thanks
    bubbs
    For anyone looking for washing capsules I was looking on waitrose and it looked like they had a bogof starting but couldn't find anything from it apart from plenty kitchen roll. Anyway on there they have fairy non bio and afield 3in1 pods in a 60 pack for £7, it's says reduced from £8 but they are usually a lot more exspensive than that so not far over the magic 10 p wash , hope this helps some that are short
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    They have not had any good bogof's or multiple buys with my picks for ages
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 13th Oct 16, 7:44 PM
    • 2,684 Posts
    • 38,995 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    They have not had any good bogof's or multiple buys with my picks for ages
    Not a lot about anywhere which is why I've ordered these as its not a bad price .also ordered the anchor butter on 2 for £4 and 20% off on my picks so that's not bad
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 13th Oct 16, 7:46 PM
    • 2,684 Posts
    • 38,995 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Trolls are best reported and ignored, the quote has now been removed
    Originally posted by locarr
    Did you manage to get a purple draggle?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Oct 16, 7:47 PM
    • 41,649 Posts
    • 505,096 Thanks
    bubbs
    Not a lot about anywhere which is why I've ordered these as its not a bad price .also ordered the anchor butter on 2 for £4 and 20% off on my picks so that's not bad
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    Nope could do with a real GOOD glitch apaart from mullers, think im mullered out well actul truth is i dont have fridge space and i have 2 f/freezers but one lot is for my sis
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Oct 16, 7:48 PM
    • 41,649 Posts
    • 505,096 Thanks
    bubbs
    Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish £2.99 buy 1 get 1 half price at superdrug
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/maybelline-color-show-nail-polish-2-99-buy-1-get-1-half-price-superdrug-2527801
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,847Posts Today

6,562Users online

Martin's Twitter