Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,178Posts
    • 32,692Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1362
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Oct 16, 11:01 PM
    • 23,240 Posts
    • 279,675 Thanks
    davemorton
    DM if I remember correctly you were after tickets for the IDH show in Manchester. MSE has free tickets for the Cake & Bake Show in Manchester which also give access to the IDH show. Don't know if its of any use to you

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/free-tix?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm _term=11-Oct-16-16778004&utm_campaign=nt-oneliners-two&utm_content=7
    Originally posted by Nellie35
    Thank you so much, but unfortunately, No tickets for Saturday, and the Sunday ones are gone. I cant go during the week. Worth a try though, thank you
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Oct 16, 11:02 PM
    • 23,240 Posts
    • 279,675 Thanks
    davemorton
    Is that the one you posted the pic of yesterday, have had that here before not sure if from a mystery box, from memory think Mr TS said it was ok, but he certainly didn't rave about it.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Yes, I thought I would try it as for £3.15, it cant be that bad
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 11:02 PM
    • 26,020 Posts
    • 361,336 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    DM bought it in T yesterday
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Then that is the one, certainly not worth rushing out for. Anyway the 25% off has finished now so it would cost you £4.20 a bottle.

It's going to be difficult to keep below the £3 benchmark now that Ts have fixed how their wines compare.
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 11:18 PM
    • 26,020 Posts
    • 361,336 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    DM do you remember this wine, look at the average price of it now. I looked back and not sure where I got the info from but I had only priced it around £12, think it was the one I got 7 bottles of.

https://www.vivino.com/wineries/bosquets/wines/domaine-des-bosquets-gigondas-rouge-2010
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Oct 16, 11:19 PM
    • 23,240 Posts
    • 279,675 Thanks
    davemorton
    DM do you remember this wine, look at the average price of it now. I looked back and not sure where I got the info from but I had only priced it around £12, think it was the one I got 7 bottles of.

https://www.vivino.com/wineries/bosquets/wines/domaine-des-bosquets-gigondas-rouge-2010
    Dont be rubbing it in missus!!

• Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 12th Oct 16, 11:20 PM
    • 1,153 Posts
    • 12,175 Thanks
    Nellie35
    The last time I actually paid any NI is 25 years ago.

I worked a couple of part time jobs playschool/toddler group when the girls were young which were not enough for any contributions but I was getting HRP as I was getting child benefit then.

I will get onto it and find out my details tomorrow, probably all covered in dust and cobwebs now.
    20 years of my entitlement are from when I was receiving child benefit. I have only ever had one job which I had for 14 years until I left when I had children and I haven't worked since although of course I always kept meaning to return to work You don't need to know many details to request a statement just your NI number, name, DOB, address. Just the basic information really & it takes about 2/3 weeks to arrive.
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 12th Oct 16, 11:22 PM
    • 1,153 Posts
    • 12,175 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Anyway off to bed now, goodnight elite
    • gocat
    • By gocat 12th Oct 16, 11:22 PM
    • 4,114 Posts
    • 47,092 Thanks
    gocat
    I have no idea whether you can purchase a year guess I should look into it. I need to get one of those statements as have only worked out qualifying years myself, they might have other ideas of how much I am short.

I could do washing and bit of cleaning but any more ironing than I already do, not sure how my hands would hold out because of the osteoarthritis.
    How about signing up to some mystery shopping sites. There are quiet a few threads on mse about them. Then you can pick and choose what times you work.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 11:29 PM
    • 26,020 Posts
    • 361,336 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Found my old post DM, the regular cuvee the one we got has now overtaken the "Lieu-Dit" in average price.

https://www.vivino.com/wineries/bosquets/wines/le-lieu-dit-2010

Yes I got a bit confused as there is a "Lieu-Dit" version of exactly same wine, same vintage, I found for £25 bottle, but mine is not that one, mine is regular cuvee. The Lieu-dit is equivalent to a reserve type it says....

I know 7 4 in one box and 3 in the other, was bit disappointed at first to get so many the same. I see I might have to ration it though at 15% a bottle.
    I'M A FROCKY
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 11:34 PM
    • 26,020 Posts
    • 361,336 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Dont be rubbing it in missus!!

Originally posted by davemorton
    And why has TM endorsed that image with her initials.

Have you drunk it yet? Could be an investment.

It is within easy reach for Mr TS as the bottles are a bit fatter than others and for some reason I could only get it on the middle shelf, think 2 are gone already. I usually put the most expensive near the bottom so they don't get grabbed for cooking etc.
    I'M A FROCKY
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Oct 16, 11:36 PM
    • 23,240 Posts
    • 279,675 Thanks
    davemorton
    And why has TM endorsed that image with her initials.

Have you drunk it yet? Could be an investment.

It is within easy reach for Mr TS as the bottles are a bit fatter than others and for some reason I could only get it on the middle shelf, think 2 are gone already. I usually put the most expensive near the bottom so they don't get grabbed for cooking etc.
    If thats the one I got one of in the last wine box, then yes, drank with friends, and it was rather nice
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 11:38 PM
    • 26,020 Posts
    • 361,336 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    How about signing up to some mystery shopping sites. There are quiet a few threads on mse about them. Then you can pick and choose what times you work.
    Originally posted by gocat
    Good thought but I don't think that is the sort of job for me, I already got chucked off Ts home panels and I have enough trying to remember to do my Orchard stuff. I would be terrible at remember to do write ups etc. Think I need something a bit more structured/disciplined.
    I'M A FROCKY
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 11:44 PM
    • 26,020 Posts
    • 361,336 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    If thats the one I got one of in the last wine box, then yes, drank with friends, and it was rather nice
    Would have been back in August, shame I don't like red wine isn't it with a corker like that.

I don't think Mr TS really appreciates some of the wines I have managed to get for him.
    I'M A FROCKY
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Oct 16, 11:50 PM
    • 23,240 Posts
    • 279,675 Thanks
    davemorton
    Would have been back in August, shame I don't like red wine isn't it with a corker like that.

I don't think Mr TS really appreciates some of the wines I have managed to get for him.
    You should try it, it might change your mind. I dont like white, but I have been 'forced' to taste a few that really were quite nice.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Oct 16, 12:10 AM
    • 26,020 Posts
    • 361,336 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    You should try it, it might change your mind. I dont like white, but I have been 'forced' to taste a few that really were quite nice.
    I do usually have a sniff and a sip can't remember if I have of this one, but only red I have liked was when we went to the English vineyard for Mr TS's 50th birthday last year, it was so smooth wasn't cheap. Funny how I don't mind a sherry or port though.
    I'M A FROCKY
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Oct 16, 12:13 AM
    • 26,020 Posts
    • 361,336 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Right I'm off to bed. Have a caravan to empty tomorrow to put to bed for the winter.

Goodnight DM and anyone else still up.
    I'M A FROCKY
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Oct 16, 12:13 AM
    • 23,240 Posts
    • 279,675 Thanks
    davemorton
    I do usually have a sniff and a sip can't remember if I have of this one, but only red I have liked was when we went to the English vineyard for Mr TS's 50th birthday last year, it was so smooth wasn't cheap. Funny how I don't mind a sherry or port though.
    You need to try a decent bottle of amarone red then. Should tick most of your boxes.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 13th Oct 16, 1:15 AM
    • 13,302 Posts
    • 214,561 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Is there a minimum spend?
    Originally posted by aau1

Free hot drink

1. From the 10 October myWaitrose members who wish to enjoy a medium free tea or coffee from one of our coffee machines in the following branches,Clifton, Leigh-on-Sea, Southend, Bury St Edmunds, Norwich and Swaffham, will need to make a purchase in branch prior to qualifying for a free hot drink. Restrictions apply please see clause 6. Exclusions apply see clause 12.

2. From the 19 September myWaitrose members who wish to enjoy a medium free tea or coffee from one of our coffee machines in the following branches, Mountsorrel and Billericay, will need to make a purchase in branch prior to qualifying for a free hot drink. Restrictions apply please see clause 6. Exclusions apply see clause 12.

3. From the 07 September 2016 myWaitrose members who wish to enjoy a medium free tea or coffee in Hazelmere, Battersea, Bagshot Road, Roehampton, Burgh Heath, Burnt Common, Petts Wood, Sceptre, Ealing, Horley, Ken Gardens, Broxbourne, Tubs Hill, Headington, Guildford, will need to make a minimum of £30 spend on fuel. Exclusions apply see clause 12.

4. Offer available to all myWaitrose members on presentation of a myWaitrose card in store. Cardholder must be present.

5. myWaitrose members who wish to enjoy a free tea or coffee in one of our Caf!s, Bakery counters with seating areas and Deli counters with seating areas will need to make a purchase in the caf! or bakery prior to qualifying for a free hot drink.

6. One per myWaitrose member per day.

7. Only Americano, Cappuccino, Latte, Tea, Mocha and Espresso (Decaffeinated versions, Mocha and Espresso available in selected stores only) qualify as a free hot drink.

8. Selected stores only, excludes online, petrol filling stations, Shell and Welcome Break.

9. Subject to availability.

10. Cannot be used in conjunction with other caf! or hot drink offers.

11. At any till the myWaitrose card must be scanned to activate the offer. Quickpay customers must scan their myWaitrose card at any point during their shop.

12. ‘Excluded Items’, infant formula, single use carrier bags, tobacco, stamps, mobile top ups, e-Top up vouchers, lottery tickets, gift vouchers, cash back, car park charges, fuel and delivery charges.
    It is great news about zippy. God can you imagine him as a granddad... 'If Carlsberg done Grandfathers.... he would be Zippy'.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    baby boy 14/10/15 6lb 12oz
    • vanilla twist
    • By vanilla twist 13th Oct 16, 1:37 AM
    • 3,731 Posts
    • 55,914 Thanks
    vanilla twist
    Wouldn't worry about lighting, most folk don't really know/ care unless they are paying a lot of money for it. Beside it takes it away from the fun, natural side of it. Most folk on Instagram just use their camera phone. I agree it's more about the story that goes with it and you can have so much fun with it creatively. Made me smile this morning when I saw it and dare say it did for others too.

Was going to ask if you made him little outfits as your naturally creative. I'd definitely consider Instagram would be great to follow the adventures of Mr Ted
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    Thanks. Yes I do make a few outfits ).
    Looks like I will need to work out Instagram now.

V x
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back
    Originally posted by fairclaire
    May the odds be ever in your favour

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
    • streetlights
    • By streetlights 13th Oct 16, 6:30 AM
    • 3,463 Posts
    • 67,315 Thanks
    streetlights
    Good morning everybody, I hope you are well and have a fabulous Thursday.
    Happy shopping.
    Mortgage debt 45,000. Thank you all for your help so far in helping me save to buy the house. I could not have done this without all your help.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,424Posts Today

7,186Users online

Martin's Twitter