Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,193Posts
    • 32,735Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1359
    • locarr
    • By locarr 12th Oct 16, 9:25 PM
    • 7,291 Posts
    • 133,158 Thanks
    locarr
    Evening all, nice whoopsy shop in T express tonight about £35 worth for just over £4, could have got loads more...shame they don't do trolleys in express!
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Oct 16, 9:25 PM
    • 12,992 Posts
    • 164,234 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    No i have enough work
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I wished you lived near me... you could take responsibility for running my house!! lol x

On a serious note... you could set up a business of running schemes for people in this situation!
    Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Oct 16, 9:27 PM
    • 41,596 Posts
    • 504,701 Thanks
    bubbs
    weetabix crispy minis 2 boxes x 375g £1.00 heron foods
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/weetabix-crispy-minis-2-boxes-x-375g-1-heron-foods-2527131
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 9:30 PM
    • 26,048 Posts
    • 361,669 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I have no idea what experience/qualifications you have, but I am assuming you want to maximise your income and fit work into your normal life.

Caring? office work? stripper? What about doing car boot sales (stock from house clearance and glitching.

I have to admit I would be lost without work (this is a deficiency in me).
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Not a deficiency at all SSM.

I don't need to earn much, I am short a year's NI contributions for my pensions as I never registered as a carer. I should have done this when I lost my HRP when DD3 was 13, think the rules changed that year. But it wasn't something I thought about unfortunately...
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Oct 16, 9:30 PM
    • 41,596 Posts
    • 504,701 Thanks
    bubbs
    I wished you lived near me... you could take responsibility for running my house!! lol x

On a serious note... you could set up a business of running schemes for people in this situation!
    Thats what my clients say, bubbs sorts out our homes
    My sister even does washing and ironing for one of hers, even when it was the kids as well, including all bedding
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Oct 16, 9:31 PM
    • 41,596 Posts
    • 504,701 Thanks
    bubbs
    Various ink cartridges reduced to clear, from £2.75 for HP300 Colour @ Tesco

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/various-ink-cartridges-reduced-clear-from-2-75-for-hp300-colour-tesco-2527276
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th Oct 16, 9:33 PM
    • 928 Posts
    • 9,165 Thanks
    curl girl
    I quiet agree about the cost effectiveness and importance of pension. Also something for people to remember is to claim National Insurance contributions for time that people have been home with caring responsibilities. x
    I was wondering if you can claim for missed years NI contributions, as i gave up a part time job to care for my Grandma before she died, but never applied for carers allowance as i didn't think you got paid for caring for relatives at the time.
    I now have a few years missing in contributions as i recently applied for a statement from HMRC which was interesting to say the least!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • locarr
    • By locarr 12th Oct 16, 9:45 PM
    • 7,291 Posts
    • 133,158 Thanks
    locarr
    My stocks and shares ISA has gone up by almost 20% since the brexit ref, mainly in equities! altho these are high risk and my FA has advised transferring to more cautious funds as there could be a crash due to uncertainty in the markets over Brexit/ Trump winning etc...

I have Premium bonds too and haven't won anything for a couple of years since they changed how the winnings are distributed. he also advised keeping my cash in current accounts, Santander etc
    Originally posted by locarr

Ive also invested in 6 Hatchimals, the must have kids toy this Xmas and am hoping to make a 50% return!

"I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Oct 16, 9:45 PM
    • 16,520 Posts
    • 178,626 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Currently in the process of helping DD and her BF move, blooming hard work! Having to clean everything as it is a rental, and so much to move. They have only been there a couple of years. Makes me cringe to think how much stuff we must have seeing the amount they have accumulated in a one bedroom house!!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 12th Oct 16, 9:45 PM
    • 3,311 Posts
    • 34,325 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I was wondering if you can claim for missed years NI contributions, as i gave up a part time job to care for my Grandma before she died, but never applied for carers allowance as i didn't think you got paid for caring for relatives at the time.
    I now have a few years missing in contributions as i recently applied for a statement from HMRC which was interesting to say the least!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    I need to get a new statement - when I asked for mine I set the start date as age 21 instead of age 17/18.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Oct 16, 9:45 PM
    • 23,257 Posts
    • 279,861 Thanks
    davemorton
    Well done for finding the beer glitch.
    I just cant bring myself to go out and buy any, now if I could ombine shops with a muller, that would be worth while!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Oct 16, 9:48 PM
    • 41,596 Posts
    • 504,701 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well done for finding the beer glitch.
    I just cant bring myself to go out and buy any, now if I could ombine shops with a muller, that would be worth while!
    Originally posted by davemorton
    the dog chews you can
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Oct 16, 9:51 PM
    • 12,992 Posts
    • 164,234 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Not a deficiency at all SSM.

I don't need to earn much, I am short a year's NI contributions for my pensions as I never registered as a carer. I should have done this when I lost my HRP when DD3 was 13, think the rules changed that year. But it wasn't something I thought about unfortunately...
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Can you purchase a year?

Thats what my clients say, bubbs sorts out our homes
    My sister even does washing and ironing for one of hers, even when it was the kids as well, including all bedding
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I know people who have done washing/ironing and made a fortune... one person ended up having 6 people working part-time in their garage whilst the person just collected/dropped off the items/marketed/accounts etc.

TS have you thought about something like this?

Originally posted by curl girl
    Why don't you make some enquiries, the rules change all the time so it maybe beneficial for you x

I totally agree about not being paid for family, when we took our plus 2 children in, we never took a penny for them as they were ours and we were lucky to have them x
    Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Oct 16, 9:53 PM
    • 12,992 Posts
    • 164,234 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Currently in the process of helping DD and her BF move, blooming hard work! Having to clean everything as it is a rental, and so much to move. They have only been there a couple of years. Makes me cringe to think how much stuff we must have seeing the amount they have accumulated in a one bedroom house!!
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I think you can adopt me!
    • aau1
    • By aau1 12th Oct 16, 9:55 PM
    • 18,141 Posts
    • 316,448 Thanks
    aau1
    Jamie Oliver Black 30cm Frying Pan £2.60 instore @ Tesco (still £40 online)
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/jamie-oliver-black-30cm-frying-pan-2-60-instore-tesco-2527281

and on 10 ways

Lot of tefal jamie oliver pans in t0sco half price under clearance, Mine was £30 down to £15 but scanned at £7.20
    https://www.facebook.com/10ways/posts/1130897200281170
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 9:57 PM
    • 26,048 Posts
    • 361,669 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I hadn't 'worked' for 13 years, but went into it with the attitude that I didn't even want the job!! I told them that I only wanted certain hours as we're still home edding 2 young 'uns. I go every shift thinking that I'll leave at the first sign of hassle, but seem to be living a bit of a charmed life there,so I'll keep going for another few months!!! It makes me feel in control knowing I can walk out.

my ideal job would be working in a library I think
    Originally posted by marrbett
    I haven't worked for 19 years now.

I think that's what I need something I feel in control over, my terms....
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 12th Oct 16, 9:57 PM
    • 1,181 Posts
    • 13,192 Thanks
    Arthien
    Evening all!

I've just been doing some cleaning out of my kitchen cupboards and I've decided to recycle a large bag which used to contain Maltesers...

Feeling a bit fed up at the moment, my relatively new job isn't going as well as I'd hoped, to the point that I've considered walking out a few times recently. It's not helping that I'm feeling like I've got so little evening time to do anything. I'm basically commuting, working, more commuting, cooking tea, unloading/reloading the dishwasher, going for an evening walk with DH, doing laundry then going to bed

Our house DIY project has also stalled as DH is working hard on a new potential money-making computer programme. I shouldn't complain as he can't do everything, but living in a building site isn't fun after 3 years. I feel like I'm constantly waiting for the fun bit of life to start, and it's not happening!

Apologies for the moan, just one of those evenings.
    Counting down to Christmas!

Also looking for gammon recipe inspiration!
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Oct 16, 10:01 PM
    • 12,992 Posts
    • 164,234 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Evening all!

I've just been doing some cleaning out of my kitchen cupboards and I've decided to recycle a large bag which used to contain Maltesers...

Feeling a bit fed up at the moment, my relatively new job isn't going as well as I'd hoped, to the point that I've considered walking out a few times recently. It's not helping that I'm feeling like I've got so little evening time to do anything. I'm basically commuting, working, more commuting, cooking tea, unloading/reloading the dishwasher, going for an evening walk with DH, doing laundry then going to bed

Our house DIY project has also stalled as DH is working hard on a new potential money-making computer programme. I shouldn't complain as he can't do everything, but living in a building site isn't fun after 3 years. I feel like I'm constantly waiting for the fun bit of life to start, and it's not happening!

Apologies for the moan, just one of those evenings.
    Originally posted by Arthien
    Do you get the weekend free?
    Can you use your wages to sort the building site out?
    I would set yourself a goal of seeing how things are in 12 months, and then make decisions. x
    • marrbett
    • By marrbett 12th Oct 16, 10:02 PM
    • 1,719 Posts
    • 23,955 Thanks
    marrbett
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    We've recently moved my no.1 son out of his 1st rented flat (he got married in July!) I can't get over how much the landlord expected them to leave it in pristine condition, even expecting the walls all to be painted (including) all skirting boards and the curtains dry cleaned. She'd done no maintenance in terms of decorating over 3 years. It was hard work, so I get what you're feeling
    • cjj
    • By cjj 12th Oct 16, 10:02 PM
    • 5,896 Posts
    • 78,685 Thanks
    cjj
    I haven't worked for 19 years now.

I think that's what I need something I feel in control over, my terms....
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    I was just short of 19 years too xx
    Family is not about blood.Its about who is willing to hold your hand when you need it most.

Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.. CJJ
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,603Posts Today

7,465Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @c_newbery: @MartinSLewis Can't bring myself to vote for option A because of lack of apostrophe - some things are too precious! #grammar?

• MSE weekly email: Soap&Glory, Urgent 2YR cheap energy, free Tesco pts, cheap Easyjet, free TSB £100, £52 Ray-Bans https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's twitter poll: Is it acceptable to use bad grammar in tweets in order to reduce character length?

• Follow Martin