Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,197Posts
    • 32,759Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1358
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Oct 16, 9:08 PM
    • 26,232 Posts
    • 388,334 Thanks
    tweets
    Honest answer I have no idea. I only want a few hours a week though.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Mid day surpervisor at local school and get school holidays off
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • marrbett
    • By marrbett 12th Oct 16, 9:09 PM
    • 1,719 Posts
    • 23,955 Thanks
    marrbett
    But they do Marmite.
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    UGH
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 9:09 PM
    • 26,056 Posts
    • 361,728 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I know. When my alarm goes off at 5.05am I do NOT like it!!
    But, I only do 3 days a week and bring home around £300 every 4 weeks, which has proved to be a lifeline for us!!

Its amazing what you get used to.xx
    Originally posted by marrbett
    It feels like such a big step but I know have been putting it off for far too long now.
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Oct 16, 9:09 PM
    • 41,598 Posts
    • 504,745 Thanks
    bubbs
    Oh dearim sorry..
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    Its ok now worries x
    Is there no one to help him?

If there isn't, there used to be some provision to help/run these package of support, I am assuming that there is similar provision.

It does raise the importance of planning, and having things like power of attorney in place before you need it x
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Power of attorney was his dad, his brother is sorting it out now but its not pratical as he lives a 130 odd miles away, although all accounte were made joint dad/son even dads accounts
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • marrbett
    • By marrbett 12th Oct 16, 9:09 PM
    • 1,719 Posts
    • 23,955 Thanks
    marrbett
    Originally posted by tweets
    Lollipop lady
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Oct 16, 9:10 PM
    • 13,003 Posts
    • 164,357 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Good idea, especially if in a primary school (at least the kids are semi-nice).

Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 9:11 PM
    • 26,056 Posts
    • 361,728 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I have looked at that tweets. I don't really want to be tied to everyday of the week term time though. With DD1 living so far I would still like to be able to go and stay at drop of a hat.
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Oct 16, 9:12 PM
    • 13,003 Posts
    • 164,357 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Its ok now worries x

Power of attorney was his dad, his brother is sorting it out now but its not pratical as he lives a 130 odd miles away, although all accounte were made joint dad/son even dads accounts
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Can he live with his brother?
    Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • marrbett
    • By marrbett 12th Oct 16, 9:13 PM
    • 1,719 Posts
    • 23,955 Thanks
    marrbett
    It feels like such a big step but I know have been putting it off for far too long now.
    I hadn't 'worked' for 13 years, but went into it with the attitude that I didn't even want the job!! I told them that I only wanted certain hours as we're still home edding 2 young 'uns. I go every shift thinking that I'll leave at the first sign of hassle, but seem to be living a bit of a charmed life there,so I'll keep going for another few months!!! It makes me feel in control knowing I can walk out.

my ideal job would be working in a library I think
    • cjj
    • By cjj 12th Oct 16, 9:13 PM
    • 5,901 Posts
    • 78,782 Thanks
    cjj
    TS don't be scared. You will know if a job is right for you. I'm scared to put my own wheelie bin out but I've found a job I can do & it's changed my life. I'm not lonely anymore xx
    Family is not about blood.Its about who is willing to hold your hand when you need it most.

Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.. CJJ
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 12th Oct 16, 9:14 PM
    • 5,085 Posts
    • 90,653 Thanks
    scamps1966
    UGH
    C'mon, who dosen't like Marmite.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Oct 16, 9:15 PM
    • 13,003 Posts
    • 164,357 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Lollipop lady
    I have looked at that tweets. I don't really want to be tied to everyday of the week term time though. With DD1 living so far I would still like to be able to go and stay at drop of a hat.
    What about setting up a small business which you can work around RL?

Or doing some agency work....

My favourite job of all time was doing some agency work in a hostel for women... I have very limited experience but I loved it
    • Anon
    • By Anon 12th Oct 16, 9:15 PM
    • 10,609 Posts
    • 117,428 Thanks
    Anon
    But they do Marmite.
    I have that covered too .

Anon
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Oct 16, 9:16 PM
    • 41,598 Posts
    • 504,745 Thanks
    bubbs
    Can he live with his brother?
    No, he has his own family and no room and son wants to stay at home, its a nightmare really and really nothing to do with e but i just cant see hi stuck and struggling
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Oct 16, 9:17 PM
    • 13,003 Posts
    • 164,357 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I hadn't 'worked' for 13 years, but went into it with the attitude that I didn't even want the job!! I told them that I only wanted certain hours as we're still home edding 2 young 'uns. I go every shift thinking that I'll leave at the first sign of hassle, but seem to be living a bit of a charmed life there,so I'll keep going for another few months!!! It makes me feel in control knowing I can walk out.

my ideal job would be working in a library I think
    Before you know it you will have been there for years, and part of the furniture.

• marrbett
    • By marrbett 12th Oct 16, 9:17 PM
    • 1,719 Posts
    • 23,955 Thanks
    marrbett
    C'mon, who dosen't like Marmite.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Oct 16, 9:20 PM
    • 13,003 Posts
    • 164,357 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    No, he has his own family and no room and son wants to stay at home, its a nightmare really and really nothing to do with e but i just cant see hi stuck and struggling
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Could you take on some caring jobs?
    • cjj
    • By cjj 12th Oct 16, 9:21 PM
    • 5,901 Posts
    • 78,782 Thanks
    cjj
    I think the routine of work can be beneficial.

I am lost when I am not at work, and start to thinking about cleaning and then realise how silly I am and go to work!
    You are right about the routine of work SSM. I love how organised I am now I'm working and honestly feel I have more free time than when I wasn't working. I wasn't expecting the sense of fulfilment that brought me xx
    Family is not about blood.Its about who is willing to hold your hand when you need it most.

Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.. CJJ
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 12th Oct 16, 9:24 PM
    • 5,085 Posts
    • 90,653 Thanks
    scamps1966
    I have that covered too .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    So do I. Nothing better on an Autumn night than Toast with Marmite with a bowl of soup. Or just a cheese and Marmite toatsie.

I wish I could find a Bovril spread. Use'd to have that as a drink after swimming in school, Many moons ago.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Oct 16, 9:24 PM
    • 41,598 Posts
    • 504,745 Thanks
    bubbs
    Could you take on some caring jobs?
    No i have enough work
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,119Posts Today

5,457Users online

Martin's Twitter