Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,181Posts
    • 32,692Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1354
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 6:44 PM
    • 26,026 Posts
    • 361,386 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Haha, Oh Tiny, I know I shouldn't laugh, but you're very funny in this challenge! I'm feeling every anxious feeling with you and think you've only bought sensible bargains. Try to live off of £100 for food and drink for this month only, don't count all that wine in your overall total.xx
    Originally posted by marrbett
    Glad I am making people smile.

Trouble is I now realise how much I usually spend without even giving it a second thought. I really did need a new pink bra you know. Not sure about the jumper/skirt outfit now I have had time to think about it.

Still I was good in waities they had one of their huge birthday cake sized cupcakes £4.99 down from £20. And I left it there. In fact I came out empty handed, only went to see if they had the corona.

I am going to keep my running total, wine is actually only £34.50 of it.
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Oct 16, 6:44 PM
    • 28,058 Posts
    • 395,689 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good evening paw sniffers

Anyone venturing out tonight check the cheese aisle in A.
    Lots of RTC's. I got this Philly for 50p and the own brand for 44p

There was also Paneer, Halloumi, mozzarella......lots of different ones with dates on some well into next year

I'm going back tomorrow to get more for the Christmas cheesecakes

I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarian and we're sceptical.
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 6:45 PM
    • 26,026 Posts
    • 361,386 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I also dont need to get more BB cream but for £1 and a free gift then i would be seriously tempted - i imagine these will only be found in store rather than online
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I think so mhoc it's just the extra light shade that are a £1, the Poole store had 1 yesterday but you need 2 for the free gift to be free. I was other side of town for waities this afternoon...
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 12th Oct 16, 6:46 PM
    • 2,292 Posts
    • 22,918 Thanks
    pippo
    Afternoon luvlies

For anyone that's off to collect their m&s orders, further reductions galore my store has just put out a massive load of men's stuff - £20 flip flops down to 3.49, deck shoes down to £4.99, got myself lovely pair of sunnies for £2.99 - got loads of bits with DH, very happy
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    How did you know I was collecting an order today.. should have been there on Saturday... anyway got a pair of 'skinny ' jeans reduced from £29 to £4.79
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Oct 16, 6:46 PM
    • 28,058 Posts
    • 395,689 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Everything down to 10p tonight matty

Off for a catch up

Arthur C Clarke.
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 12th Oct 16, 6:47 PM
    • 2,327 Posts
    • 35,932 Thanks
    wendyak
    Evening gang
    still in holiday mood as only back in the early hours and straight to work today so no catching up for me ....
    Hope all are well and finding good glitches and coupons etc, I have been doing rather well with the Quidco bingo.
    I know its a £10 stake but each company give quite a lot of sweeteners in bonus etc and always at least £30 from quidco...the least I made was £70 from Mecca as I didnt realise the bonus expires after 7 days.
    .I think it might be the last day for Sweet sundays tomorrow....just need one more so sorry for the begging but needs must.
    I have always been a bit frock y so as I need to economize big time I might just join in.
    Only bought one loaf today and even bought back some spare loo rolls from our trip plus all the lovely tomatoes that we didnt eat, lol.
    keep warm (aint it bloomin cold?) and speak soon

Wendy xxxxx
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Oct 16, 6:49 PM
    • 28,058 Posts
    • 395,689 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Agreed! Mr Ted should set up an instagram account, i'm sure he'd amass a healthy following. I'd certainly follow.

Who knows where that could lead too..........
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    Me too....that's a cracking idea Westie
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 12th Oct 16, 6:49 PM
    • 2,292 Posts
    • 22,918 Thanks
    pippo
    anyone else got spam for tea?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Not today Bubbs, but it will be Pek Chopped pork tomorrow!!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Oct 16, 6:50 PM
    • 14,259 Posts
    • 171,399 Thanks
    mhoc
    No izzey.
    Halifax is dropping to 0.05% soon, so 50p on £1000.00.
    Absolutely crazy.....
    All help would be appreciated!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Nationwide have a Flexclusive Isa still paying 0.95% - i think this might be what i have, I think you need to have a Nationwide current account. This is instant access so you can put money in and take money out as and when you need it.

There is also a Nationwide one year fixed rate one which is 1% and this is for lump sums so if you know for certain you wont need the money until October 2018 this is the one to go for - transfer in from your current ISA provider

very depressing

It took me a long time to be convinced about ISAs but by the time i was it was almost too late. I got a 5 year one which still has a few years to run - at the time it seemed like madness to commit to 5 years but at least its paying 2.15 and i don't have to think about ISAs for a long while yet
    Last edited by mhoc; 12-10-2016 at 7:13 PM.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • aau1
    • By aau1 12th Oct 16, 7:00 PM
    • 18,134 Posts
    • 316,394 Thanks
    aau1
    TESCO FAB LOLLIES 12 PACK @ Tesco
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tesco-fab-lollies-12-pack-2527180
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • aau1
    • By aau1 12th Oct 16, 7:03 PM
    • 18,134 Posts
    • 316,394 Thanks
    aau1
    ----> News right, oh no, W now require a purchase before free coffee in some stores . Wonders out loud if the free newspaper, free mag (after MyW kicks in) counts - you sometimes have to add something anyway depending on the newspaper to get the price down .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Is there a minimum spend?
    • gocat
    • By gocat 12th Oct 16, 7:03 PM
    • 4,114 Posts
    • 47,095 Thanks
    gocat
    Everything down to 10p tonight matty

Off for a catch up

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    They do early reductions in your A's. Ours is usually 8pm
    • aau1
    • By aau1 12th Oct 16, 7:06 PM
    • 18,134 Posts
    • 316,394 Thanks
    aau1
    Evening gang
    still in holiday mood as only back in the early hours and straight to work today so no catching up for me ....
    Hope all are well and finding good glitches and coupons etc, I have been doing rather well with the Quidco bingo.
    I know its a £10 stake but each company give quite a lot of sweeteners in bonus etc and always at least £30 from quidco...the least I made was £70 from Mecca as I didnt realise the bonus expires after 7 days.
    .I think it might be the last day for Sweet sundays tomorrow....just need one more so sorry for the begging but needs must.
    I have always been a bit frock y so as I need to economize big time I might just join in.
    Only bought one loaf today and even bought back some spare loo rolls from our trip plus all the lovely tomatoes that we didnt eat, lol.
    keep warm (aint it bloomin cold?) and speak soon

Wendy xxxxx
    Originally posted by wendyak
    I'm in the same boat as you because i only need 1. If i can't find a promo bag of maltesers tomorrow you can have one of my 5
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 12th Oct 16, 7:12 PM
    • 2,327 Posts
    • 35,932 Thanks
    wendyak
    I'm in the same boat as you because i only need 1. If i can't find a promo bag of maltesers tomorrow you can have one of my 5
    Originally posted by aau1
    I did see a pack in my T express petrolstation but that was last week...will have to go on a road trip. I know the big stores have none
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Oct 16, 7:12 PM
    • 14,259 Posts
    • 171,399 Thanks
    mhoc
    Does anyone have a figure in their head whereby they would just concede the savings game and just give up?

I think my break even point would be 0.75% so we are not that far off

What then - Premium bonds? At least your money is safe and you can cash them in when you need to pay a big bill
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 12th Oct 16, 7:16 PM
    • 2,581 Posts
    • 38,948 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    CORONA HAS WORKED A v W !!!

Sorry if already posted but just got my APG back

Buy in 3's to keep APG below a tenner - this gave a fraction over £9. Off to buy more ........
    Last edited by hampydoodums; 12-10-2016 at 7:19 PM.
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Oct 16, 7:16 PM
    • 28,058 Posts
    • 395,689 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    So my neighbour... A daughter moved in her bed ridden mother a year ago telling her mother that she was renovating her house. Turns out that she sold her house, kept the money and has essentially left her to die. All the mother has next door is a hospital bed and a nurse that goes in daily. She doesn't want to pay for more substantial care for her and now refuses to pay rent! My other neighbour is the landlord and tried to do an inspection and was met with abuse. So far they've taken her to court twice and nothing has come of it. They've left all their rubbish/waste in the garden as they don't want to step outside and I've heard the lady cry at all hours in the morning as she's alone. It's an odd situation.
    Originally posted by purpledonkey
    This is terrible PD....poor soul.......are social services aware of her predicament?
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Oct 16, 7:23 PM
    • 41,489 Posts
    • 503,576 Thanks
    bubbs
    There were loads of sizes of different men's shorts, I did mention there were some good bargains this morning. I thought the menswear reductions were particularly good this time round.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    I was at work miss all the bargains
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • vanilla twist
    • By vanilla twist 12th Oct 16, 7:23 PM
    • 3,731 Posts
    • 55,922 Thanks
    vanilla twist
    Agreed! Mr Ted should set up an instagram account, i'm sure he'd amass a healthy following. I'd certainly follow.

Who knows where that could lead too..........
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    He really wanted a fb account but apparently stuffed toys are banned

I take this as a great compliment coming from our resident photographic expert.
    Maybe I could arrange him into letters of the alphabet?

I am not the best at taking photos and this one was done on n's old Antigua phone. For me it is more about what the photo says than getting the light right but I really enjoy it.
    Didn't take many this holiday as felt a bit daft taking him out and about. He is definitely more of a resort Bear
    In this photo he was still sulking as I promised him a new holiday Hawaiian shirt but couldn't get any scaled down fabric. Might have to buy some of the printable fabric sheets and make my own.

He is off to Disney on 21st so needs a new Halloween outfit. Any ideas?

V x

Also dinner with Cinderella. I have an old tutu belonging to dgd so could make him a princess outfit.
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back
    Originally posted by fairclaire
    May the odds be ever in your favour

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
    • juju17
    • By juju17 12th Oct 16, 7:24 PM
    • 662 Posts
    • 8,848 Thanks
    juju17
    No izzey.
    Halifax is dropping to 0.05% soon, so 50p on £1000.00.
    Absolutely crazy.....
    All help would be appreciated!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/best-cash-isa
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

718Posts Today

4,252Users online

Martin's Twitter