Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,193Posts
    • 32,732Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1351
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 1:01 PM
    • 26,048 Posts
    • 361,668 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Ok so signature updated.

It may go down a little as also ordered some underwear for DD3, so I may get that back.

Had to pay parking again yesterday to collect the vests but whizzed around in an hour and came home without toilet rolls, sharing the last roll between upstairs and down at the moment, how did that happen.

Thinking now maybe my total was a little unrealistic for everything....think it was Josie who said about not including the wine as will it get drunk in October. Well no it probably won't but part of the reason for me doing this was to stop myself from stock piling too much so I need to include it really and also to try and have a non existent CC bill next month which has now gone down the pan with the M&S order.

At least spend compared to normal is a lot lower so far into the month so that is something positive for me. Normally I would have treated us to the M&S meal deal and probably gone out for more tea and cake, once is included in my total so far. And probably gone way madder on M&S, there are some good mens reductions on shorts and they have Mr TS's size but I am resisting even though he lives in shorts for most of the year.
    Last edited by Tinyshoes; 12-10-2016 at 1:11 PM.
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 12th Oct 16, 1:07 PM
    • 1,180 Posts
    • 13,189 Thanks
    Arthien
    This is Arthien reporting from the field! No Coroner (whoever is in Malvern got there early ) but Waitrose digestives are only 50p and I got a 24-pack of Quavers for £2, instead of the 12-pack for £2.50 that was next to it

This Frocky thing really does make me think about how easy it is for the little things to add up. I also keep seeing adverts for restaurants, cafes, takeaways and I'm realising just how bombarded we are every day with adverts saying 'Buy it now! Buy it now!!', no wonder people end up in debt so easily.
    Counting down to Christmas!

Also looking for gammon recipe inspiration!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 1:10 PM
    • 26,048 Posts
    • 361,668 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    PD I hate to say it but if you have seen a mouse there are probably quite a few more you haven't.

DD1 lived next to a pub in second year uni and they had them come in, one got into her bedroom too. They tried the humane trap first with the recommended peanut butter but didn't have much luck with them almost as if the little boogers knew there was no way out.

They had to resort to the spring loaded mouse traps in the end.

You do need to find where this one has got in and block access unless you know for sure it has run in from back door or similar. Good luck x
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 12th Oct 16, 1:15 PM
    • 2,684 Posts
    • 38,995 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Afternoon

Just thought I would say how impressed I was with zeek, ordered Tesco voucher yesterday and arrived today, I think I will continue to order these as every little saving helps
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 1:15 PM
    • 26,048 Posts
    • 361,668 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    This is Arthien reporting from the field! No Coroner (whoever is in Malvern got there early ) but Waitrose digestives are only 50p and I got a 24-pack of Quavers for £2, instead of the 12-pack for £2.50 that was next to it

This Frocky thing really does make me think about how easy it is for the little things to add up. I also keep seeing adverts for restaurants, cafes, takeaways and I'm realising just how bombarded we are every day with adverts saying 'Buy it now! Buy it now!!', no wonder people end up in debt so easily.
    Originally posted by Arthien
    If nothing else it is making me think twice about what I usually spend. We usually have a takeaway once a week and think nothing of spending £20+, Mr TS joined in a little with the frocky effort as DD3 fancied a Chinese few days ago so he said he would go without and we ended up spending just over £7 for one dish and a rice for me and her, which actually was plenty. Usually we have leftovers for the next day.
    I'M A FROCKY
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 12th Oct 16, 1:22 PM
    • 2,830 Posts
    • 25,123 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Ok so signature updated.

It may go down a little as also ordered some underwear for DD3, so I may get that back.

Had to pay parking again yesterday to collect the vests but whizzed around in an hour and came home without toilet rolls, sharing the last roll between upstairs and down at the moment, how did that happen.

Thinking now maybe my total was a little unrealistic for everything....think it was Josie who said about not including the wine as will it get drunk in October. Well no it probably won't but part of the reason for me doing this was to stop myself from stock piling too much so I need to include it really and also to try and have a non existent CC bill next month which has now gone down the pan with the M&S order.

At least spend compared to normal is a lot lower so far into the month so that is something positive for me. Normally I would have treated us to the M&S meal deal and probably gone out for more tea and cake, once is included in my total so far. And probably gone way madder on M&S, there are some good mens reductions on shorts and they have Mr TS's size but I am resisting even though he lives in shorts for most of the year.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    If nothing else it is making me think twice about what I usually spend. We usually have a takeaway once a week and think nothing of spending £20+, Mr TS joined in a little with the frocky effort as DD3 fancied a Chinese few days ago so he said he would go without and we ended up spending just over £7 for one dish and a rice for me and her, which actually was plenty. Usually we have leftovers for the next day.
    Exactly TS I would have spent far more than I have if I wasn't doing this because I've stopped myself from going into the shops. Alot of the time I just go in for a mooch before work.
    We've got dh car tax and van mot at the end of this month so a little frugality won't go a miss. This is hen I with we had a,little eco friendly car not a big gas guzzler but hey ho!
    SPC9# 517 target £365. £692 SPC10 #. Target £365
    The wisdom you seek is already within you.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Oct 16, 1:25 PM
    • 16,520 Posts
    • 178,623 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

Originally posted by Arthien
    Have you tried the Lidl digestIves? 31p for a pack and the best digestives I have ever tasted
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 1:33 PM
    • 26,048 Posts
    • 361,668 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Exactly TS I would have spent far more than I have if I wasn't doing this because I've stopped myself from going into the shops. Alot of the time I just go in for a mooch before work.
    We've got dh car tax and van mot at the end of this month so a little frugality won't go a miss. This is hen I with we had a,little eco friendly car not a big gas guzzler but hey ho!
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    I have been really good at using store cupboard food while doing it and not buying more in. Yesterday I had a tin of tomato soup bought last year for tea as I didn't fancy the frugal veg chilli that Mr TS was cooking, I just didn't want anything spicy.

Anyone remember the 1p aduki beans? Well he used a tin along with some whoopsied carrots, some courgettes from the garden, few cobs of corn that hadn't grown well and only had kernels at one end, and finished up a tube of 10p sainsbob's chilli tomato puree. He has made plenty so froze a few portions too.
    I'M A FROCKY
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 1:36 PM
    • 26,048 Posts
    • 361,668 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    ILTS, was just about to reply to your post but it's gone?

It's good to see you hun xx
    I'M A FROCKY
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th Oct 16, 1:42 PM
    • 927 Posts
    • 9,161 Thanks
    curl girl
    Had an email from tsb.
    Current account changing to 3% on £1500 from 4th January!

My 5% rate hasn't lasted long sadly.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 12th Oct 16, 1:59 PM
    • 6,621 Posts
    • 85,645 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    PD I hate to say it but if you have seen a mouse there are probably quite a few more you haven't.

DD1 lived next to a pub in second year uni and they had them come in, one got into her bedroom too. They tried the humane trap first with the recommended peanut butter but didn't have much luck with them almost as if the little boogers knew there was no way out.

They had to resort to the spring loaded mouse traps in the end.

You do need to find where this one has got in and block access unless you know for sure it has run in from back door or similar. Good luck x
    It's ok, we've been thinking the same thing. My brother is coming over tomorrow to help us move the sofa and investigate. I just hope it hasn't procreated yet
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 12th Oct 16, 1:59 PM
    • 12,911 Posts
    • 225,538 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Afternoon

Where did the morning go too? But I finished After You by Jojo Moyes & had a long very hot bath

Planning to visit the poppies at Caernarfon Castle on Monday
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 12th Oct 16, 2:03 PM
    • 2,586 Posts
    • 38,997 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Afternoon luvlies

For anyone that's off to collect their m&s orders, further reductions galore my store has just put out a massive load of men's stuff - £20 flip flops down to 3.49, deck shoes down to £4.99, got myself lovely pair of sunnies for £2.99 - got loads of bits with DH, very happy
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 12th Oct 16, 2:04 PM
    • 13,316 Posts
    • 214,729 Thanks
    zippydooda
    19 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Pedigree Dentastix Medium Dog Treat (EACH) £1.25 £1.25
    1x Winalot Shapes Dog Treat (800G) £1.75 £1.00
    1x Carling Lager (4X440) £3.50 £3.50
    0.19x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (PER KG) £0.13 £0.12
    0.16x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (PER KG) £0.12 £0.12
    6x Pedigree Rodeo Dog Treat with Chicken (140G) £9.48 £6.00
    1x ASDA Smartprice Sponge Scourers (8PK) £0.40 £0.40
    6x Pedigree Rodeo Dog Food Treat with Beef (140G) £9.48 £6.00
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Broccoli (360G) £0.39 £0.41
    Comparison total (compared products only) £26.50 £18.80

£9.58 apg

rodeo work out at 32p per pack

shapes just a good comparison

thanks izzey
    Last edited by zippydooda; 12-10-2016 at 2:09 PM.
    It is great news about zippy. God can you imagine him as a granddad... 'If Carlsberg done Grandfathers.... he would be Zippy'.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    baby boy 14/10/15 6lb 12oz
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 12th Oct 16, 2:12 PM
    • 2,684 Posts
    • 38,995 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    ILTS, was just about to reply to your post but it's gone?

It's good to see you hun xx

Change of heart

Now stop spending money and start looking at your mantra card x
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 12th Oct 16, 2:14 PM
    • 2,684 Posts
    • 38,995 Thanks
    ilovetoshop

Where did the morning go too? But I finished After You by Jojo Moyes & had a long very hot bath

Planning to visit the poppies at Caernarfon Castle on Monday
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Hope your dad is feeling better x
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 12th Oct 16, 2:15 PM
    • 12,911 Posts
    • 225,538 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Anyone else's cat tear around the house at 120mph after using the litter tray?
    Mrs Tibby Winkle's creativeness with my rugs last night Is she secretly trying to trip us up?

looking smug after event

Our Family Motto ~

• Arthien
    • By Arthien 12th Oct 16, 2:17 PM
    • 1,180 Posts
    • 13,189 Thanks
    Arthien
    Have you tried the Lidl digestIves? 31p for a pack and the best digestives I have ever tasted
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Funny enough, that's usually our go-to digestive actually, it's where I do the weekly shop. But he didn't request any this week so I didn't bother, and so I'm left to get some at the last minute and pay last-minute prices
    I think this Waitrose pack is a decent size though, so hopefully it makes up for it a bit. To be honest, if he doesn't like them as much then it serves him right for ruining my NSD attempt
    Counting down to Christmas!

Also looking for gammon recipe inspiration!
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 12th Oct 16, 2:23 PM
    • 12,911 Posts
    • 225,538 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    pk04 was yesterday's smartest player!

29 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Wednesday): History 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~

• hippychicky
    • By hippychicky 12th Oct 16, 2:32 PM
    • 635 Posts
    • 9,022 Thanks
    hippychicky
    Managed to get some cling film today. Thanks to Aau1 x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,812Posts Today

7,430Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @c_newbery: @MartinSLewis Can't bring myself to vote for option A because of lack of apostrophe - some things are too precious! #grammar?

• MSE weekly email: Soap&Glory, Urgent 2YR cheap energy, free Tesco pts, cheap Easyjet, free TSB £100, £52 Ray-Bans https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's twitter poll: Is it acceptable to use bad grammar in tweets in order to reduce character length?

• Follow Martin