Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,177Posts
    • 32,691Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1350
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 12th Oct 16, 10:44 AM
    • 5,595 Posts
    • 76,906 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

VT, ted looks like he was having an amazing time.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 513 -------- £500.00
    £526.00
    • emmad5689
    • By emmad5689 12th Oct 16, 10:44 AM
    • 1,108 Posts
    • 13,757 Thanks
    emmad5689
    I picked another order up yesterday and reckon I've got plenty hair stuff to last me and the family for years. I'm looking forward to giving it a try as we've heard good reports the shower in volumiser sounds intriguing .
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Please could someone tell me what the deal is with this please? Xx
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 12th Oct 16, 10:53 AM
    • 2,527 Posts
    • 31,819 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Thanks, and to mhoc too. There are a lot of green spaces around here, I would release it in one at least 10 minutes from my house. Just need to find the little git now
    Originally posted by purpledonkey
    Probably wouldn't survive outside this time of year if you release it into green spaces as won't have built a nest in time ready for its winter wind down.
    Need to find an outside warmer residence that's sheltered or find which hole it comes from and then block it so it can't come back.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 12th Oct 16, 10:54 AM
    • 4,112 Posts
    • 47,074 Thanks
    gocat
    This is actually several questions

At home Sophie cat is obsessed with yogurt so as soon as a pot comes out she is there and waiting for the lid. If its a small pot and she cant get her head in I cut the empty pot in half for her and again she sees the scissors and knows I am cutting it up for her
    Treacle cat thinks yogurt is the work of the devil

When in hotels I tend to tip yogurt into a bowl and put fruit on top - it depends on the hotel really but I really don't like eating out of the pots in hotels. No lids or pots are licked out of the house.

I don't think I've been anyway where I can say for absolute certainty that everyone eating breakfast is upper class otherwise I would have observed what they were doing with their yogurts
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Thought you were going to say that you take the pot home for the cat to lick out

Morning all
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 12th Oct 16, 11:11 AM
    • 3,289 Posts
    • 34,055 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Probably wouldn't survive outside this time of year if you release it into green spaces as won't have built a nest in time ready for its winter wind down.
    Need to find an outside warmer residence that's sheltered or find which hole it comes from and then block it so it can't come back.
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    In other words, best to keep it behind your sofa till Spring.

It might like hamster food?

Give it a name. That will help.

When DD had a rat in her student house they had to wait a weekend till Pest Control could get there. Meanwhile they called it Roland. That actually really helped calm the hysteria.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• underperky
    • By underperky 12th Oct 16, 11:19 AM
    • 4,698 Posts
    • 59,006 Thanks
    underperky
    Dexter would use higher grade plastic sheeting

Thanks for this. Also 1kg Silver Spoon icing sugar is a nugget in there, just saying

So a month ago I heard something nibbling in my living room, but could not figure out where it was coming from. We checked everywhere except behind the sofa (it's bloody heavy) and vacuumed the crap out of everything. I didn't hear it again, so thought no more of it, but we've been cleaning everyday just in case. Last night I was watching Netflix on my laptop and a little mouse ran out from under my sofa. I think we startled each other and it ran back We've figured out it came from our neighbour (long story but essentially they are now squatters, who haven't paid rent in 8 months, don't clean and refuse to let anyone into the building). Does anyone know how to get rid it without killing it?
    Catch it and put in next doors garden
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 12th Oct 16, 11:23 AM
    • 6,620 Posts
    • 85,638 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    Catch it and put in next doors garden
    Originally posted by underperky
    I thought about it.

Whilst I'm here http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/netflix-chill-ben-jerry-s-half-baked-10p-tesco-2526765

10p ice cream anyone?
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 12th Oct 16, 11:24 AM
    • 1,605 Posts
    • 22,553 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    Dexter would use higher grade plastic sheeting

Thanks for this. Also 1kg Silver Spoon icing sugar is a nugget in there, just saying

So a month ago I heard something nibbling in my living room, but could not figure out where it was coming from. We checked everywhere except behind the sofa (it's bloody heavy) and vacuumed the crap out of everything. I didn't hear it again, so thought no more of it, but we've been cleaning everyday just in case. Last night I was watching Netflix on my laptop and a little mouse ran out from under my sofa. I think we startled each other and it ran back We've figured out it came from our neighbour (long story but essentially they are now squatters, who haven't paid rent in 8 months, don't clean and refuse to let anyone into the building). Does anyone know how to get rid it without killing it?

i do remember it being said on here thar peanut butter is the best thing to put in the traps.hth.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Oct 16, 11:25 AM
    • 14,251 Posts
    • 171,314 Thanks
    mhoc
    The subject of over spending is an interesting one.

Everyone has their own perception as to what is worth buying and spending money on so what looks like wanton extravagance to one person is another's everyday necessities.

Its also virtually impossible to change people perceptions or change what they consider a priority - you just have to bite your tongue, shake your head and let them get on with it. They wont ever understand our frugal way of doing things.

With some people its the balance between being short of time and/or short of cash

I've long since despaired of trying to re educate my offspring, they live in the here and now with no tomorrow.

I suppose we just have to concentrate on getting the very most enjoyment out of our own money, stretching it as far as we can, spending it twice if possible.
    If bills are getting paid, there is food in the cupboards and small treats to look forward to and you can sleep at night without worrying about whatever is coming next then that is the best any of us can do
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 12th Oct 16, 11:30 AM
    • 6,620 Posts
    • 85,638 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    So my neighbour... A daughter moved in her bed ridden mother a year ago telling her mother that she was renovating her house. Turns out that she sold her house, kept the money and has essentially left her to die. All the mother has next door is a hospital bed and a nurse that goes in daily. She doesn't want to pay for more substantial care for her and now refuses to pay rent! My other neighbour is the landlord and tried to do an inspection and was met with abuse. So far they've taken her to court twice and nothing has come of it. They've left all their rubbish/waste in the garden as they don't want to step outside and I've heard the lady cry at all hours in the morning as she's alone. It's an odd situation.
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 12th Oct 16, 11:40 AM
    • 2,527 Posts
    • 31,819 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    So my neighbour... A daughter moved in her bed ridden mother a year ago telling her mother that she was renovating her house. Turns out that she sold her house, kept the money and has essentially left her to die. All the mother has next door is a hospital bed and a nurse that goes in daily. She doesn't want to pay for more substantial care for her and now refuses to pay rent! My other neighbour is the landlord and tried to do an inspection and was met with abuse. So far they've taken her to court twice and nothing has come of it. They've left all their rubbish/waste in the garden as they don't want to step outside and I've heard the lady cry at all hours in the morning as she's alone. It's an odd situation.
    Will expect to see your neighbour on C5 soon then....

It is a syrup isn't it ?
    • mumtoo3
    • By mumtoo3 12th Oct 16, 11:46 AM
    • 375 Posts
    • 5,328 Thanks
    mumtoo3
    Morning,

Whilst looking for the cheap pukka pads yesterday in T i ended up in the party section and they had quite a few of party items reduced including plates, cups and the toys to put in party bags. Some of them were also on five for four. I picked up a few bits as stocking fillers and some to donate to my DD school fair. Shame the pukka pads weren't reduced in my store.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Oct 16, 12:03 PM
    • 16,470 Posts
    • 178,075 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    We had a mouse in the summer, unfortunately had to use a basic trap to get rid. We know we have mice in the garden and really do not mind, but this cheaky little devil dashed in through the French windows and straight into the study!

We know they live in the compost heap over winter if that is of any help.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 12th Oct 16, 12:11 PM
    • 2,527 Posts
    • 31,819 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Check your Q clicksnappy accounts this morning

Mine have all got 2 new sainsbobs freebies

Goose island - might be a lager or beer? £1.95
    Pizza express house light dressing pots 50p
    Had the PE dressings weeks ago, they're OK.

The IPA is ONLINE at S only so doubt they'll be giving too many of those away.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 12th Oct 16, 12:22 PM
    • 3,095 Posts
    • 41,004 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Check your Q clicksnappy accounts this morning

Mine have all got 2 new sainsbobs freebies

Goose island - might be a lager or beer? £1.95
    Pizza express house light dressing pots 50p

Strangley though one of mine has also got Mom porridge seeds and Moma plain boxes to buy in sainsbobs with £1.25 cashback - these are supposed to be on offer for £1.50 this week

I might have got them before for shopimum for a double cashback offer but not for this Q account which is why its still there
    So it might be worth checking your Q account - after cashback they work out at 25p each which is not too bad and good for anyone doing the October challenge

Just checked COS and the beer is also there as well
    The goose island on mine is ONLINE ONLY
    Loved the Frocky challenge I will do this again in the New Year
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 16, 12:23 PM
    • 26,019 Posts
    • 361,329 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Morning

Have taken my frock off this morning with the M&S further reductions online.

I have been after a pink bra for ages as the one I have is a little small when I wear it under my pink dress and they just happened to have a 2 pack with navy in my size for £4.79 and matching 2 pack knickers £1.49.

I also couldn't resist a skirt for £2.39

http://www.marksandspencer.com/twin-zip-pockets-a-line-mini-skirt/p/p22428468?image=SD_01_T59_7707_F0_X_EC_90&color=NA VY

and a short sleeved jumper to go with it for £2.59

http://www.marksandspencer.com/cashmilon-easy-care-jumper/p/p22394247?image=SD_01_T38_8230A_XX_X_EC_90&color=S ILVER

Whole outfit £4.98....

Think I better go update my sig, still haven't added the wine shop yet.
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 12th Oct 16, 12:24 PM
    • 1,174 Posts
    • 13,110 Thanks
    Arthien
    Afternoon all!

Was hoping to have NSD no. 3 today, but DH has informed me that the lack of biscuits is unacceptable and that we have 'no food' (read: no random snacky bits that he likes ) so now I'll be going to Iceland and hoping they have cheap crisps and biscuits!

I did point out that I asked him whether we had enough crisps for the week and he said yes, and that he could start cooking tea earlier instead of waiting for me to come home and picking in the meantime, but somehow that wasn't relevant
    Counting down to Christmas!

Also looking for gammon recipe inspiration!
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 12th Oct 16, 12:30 PM
    • 8,494 Posts
    • 97,917 Thanks
    emerald21
    https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/travel/network-map

Click this link and download the route map(first one) You'all be able to see where you can get to from Chester. Also see what stations you can change at to get somewhere else. Once you know where you want to go then tickets have to be booked at the booking office.
    Originally posted by Westvleteren

Oh thank you . Will do.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 12th Oct 16, 12:32 PM
    • 8,494 Posts
    • 97,917 Thanks
    emerald21
    Yes I am still getting the sausage bake because I've not bought it yet - my small Morrisons sells it which is very unusual - its one of those things I would buy if I could pass it along to someone but there isn't so I haven't

Now I've said that I know its on my COS but I don't know about OHs, assume so

Why ? Don't you like sausages.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 12th Oct 16, 12:37 PM
    • 3,841 Posts
    • 78,117 Thanks
    izzeyb
    I have just seen confirmation that the Schmackos and the Rodeo dog treats are comparing to Tesco
    N1LDA
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,138Posts Today

6,044Users online

Martin's Twitter