Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,177Posts
    • 32,691Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1347
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 12th Oct 16, 6:16 AM
    • 2,754 Posts
    • 42,249 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 12th Oct 16, 6:30 AM
    • 12,599 Posts
    • 131,053 Thanks
    3Dogs
    tweets - just seen advert for Stand up to Cancer on 21st October on channel 4 and they said that Jose is going take part in it
    R.I.P. Mr 3Dogs 3rd July 2012
    3Dogs'Mam 31st March 2013

FRUGAL groceries - Oct £55.98/£60 (for 3 weeks) Nov £62.96/£80 Dec £3.38/£60
    NSD's Oct-18 Nov 16 Dec 2/15
    eBay Oct - £116.33/£100 Nov £76.71/£50 Dec £22.83/£50
    • underperky
    • By underperky 12th Oct 16, 6:37 AM
    • 4,698 Posts
    • 59,005 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning ...just a theory about COS and offers but I think the reason

some offers are repeated is because you never got them first time round

so hence that is why people are getting sausages back again and again

as they have not been able to buy them when first offered ..just a

theory ....those with accounts for there spouse as well might be able to

confirm this theory
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 12th Oct 16, 6:46 AM
    • 2,804 Posts
    • 24,788 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning. Vests are back in stock, white and pink. Froctober is going well but to be honest I don't think I have changed my shopping habits that much. The yoghurts have helped and we have eaten out quite a bit. I suppose the difference be if I went to the butchers on a Saturday for two steaks that would be about £15 so times that by four and there's my whole October allowance.
    I tend to binge shop as most probably do on the elite. I still have one turkey left from when Morrie's had them at £1 each and I'm saving it for Christmas day as there will only be the two of us. I've still got a couple of the gammons left from when they were £3 each instead of £3 kg and whenever I see pork joints at around £2 kg I stock up.
    If I'm doing an online shop and I have a voucher to use I order what I need and then make up the shopping with the big tins of coffee.
    What it does mean is that some months can be pricey if there's lots of offers but I think I usually get good value for money.
    Something else I've started doing nothing to do with froctober is if I get given a new £5 note in my change I put it in a separate section of my purse. I've got 3 now so no great shakes there but I bet I wouldn't still have that £15 if I hadn't done that.
    I'm resisting the vests and am planning a nsd u less something irresistible comes along.
    Have a good day.
    SPC9# 517 target £365. £692 SPC10 #. Target £365
    The wisdom you seek is already within you.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 12th Oct 16, 7:03 AM
    • 2,804 Posts
    • 24,788 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Still on the subject of froctober this was something I thought about yesterday. I seem to be surrounded by people who drop into most conversations oh I can't afford it or we can't afford a holiday this year or I've got no money and I find myself thinking about the income these people must be on and what the hell do they spend all their money on!!
    This came about yesterday when I took a portion of carbonara into work for my lunch. It was our tea the night before and my boss said oh I think I'll go over to m&s and get carbonara (it's our nearest food store to work) anyway as he's plating it up he said that's alright isn't it it was only £2.60 and I replied I bet that's all it cost to make mine for our tea last night plus my lunch today, the comment went completely over his head. At work they will often say im going to get a bottle of wine for tonight and go to bargain booze and spend £7-8 on a bottle I know I could have got from Ts yesterday for about £3 !
    I know time is a huge factor in shopping this way and I've had plenty of that this year but I shopped this way when I was self employed working 54 hours a week.
    Now my plan is to train Dd to shop this way, she's part way there already but now a little find tuning is needed.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Oct 16, 7:13 AM
    • 28,011 Posts
    • 395,312 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Yes, I still have one of those tucked away from last year.

Never checked It was a morribobs cherry one, my fav, LOADS of cherries on top, and I loves cherries!!

Finally got to teskies tonight,
    got 6 merlot, but they also had this reduced to £4.20, so got 6 of these too, finest wines are usually okay.

Also got
    Free Blind Pig cider and Westons cider
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Dave will you report back on this one.....if it's decent I'll get a few...... if T has changed its tactics I need to think outside the (wine) box

Our Chenet arrived yesterday. Think it was scamps who said how well it was packed. It's the sort of packaging I'm tempted to put up in the loft where it will linger for years before I chuck it out. Maybe I'll just chuck it out now and be done with it
    I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarian and we're sceptical.
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Oct 16, 7:19 AM
    • 28,011 Posts
    • 395,312 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

V x
    Originally posted by vanilla twist
    Oh VT .......what a fab photo to wake up to I love how he has his little arms outstretched in the sunshine and a hint of a smile on his face. You should "do something" with all these lovely photos and stories......is there a book in there somewhere?
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Oct 16, 7:25 AM
    • 28,011 Posts
    • 395,312 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Still on the subject of froctober this was something I thought about yesterday. I seem to be surrounded by people who drop into most conversations oh I can't afford it or we can't afford a holiday this year or I've got no money and I find myself thinking about the income these people must be on and what the hell do they spend all their money on!!
    This came about yesterday when I took a portion of carbonara into work for my lunch. It was our tea the night before and my boss said oh I think I'll go over to m&s and get carbonara (it's our nearest food store to work) anyway as he's plating it up he said that's alright isn't it it was only £2.60 and I replied I bet that's all it cost to make mine for our tea last night plus my lunch today, the comment went completely over his head. At work they will often say im going to get a bottle of wine for tonight and go to bargain booze and spend £7-8 on a bottle I know I could have got from Ts yesterday for about £3 !
    I know time is a huge factor in shopping this way and I've had plenty of that this year but I shopped this way when I was self employed working 54 hours a week.
    Now my plan is to train Dd to shop this way, she's part way there already but now a little find tuning is needed.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    I'm so proud of DD. She prepares her lunch the previous night as she is up and out at the crack of dawn. I'm getting into a sort of a pattern of what she needs. A pack of the large wraps from A lasts her the full week......think they are about 80p. She packs them with salad and usually chicken. Or even stuff we've cooked the night before. A bottle of tap water and a piece of fruit. That's her sorted.

But yes some of my work colleagues are exactly the same as yours We have an "honesty" tuck shop at work and I swear some people spend more money there in a day than I spend on our evening meal
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 12th Oct 16, 7:29 AM
    • 2,804 Posts
    • 24,788 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    In
    My marks only asks for your surname.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Mine too.

5pk of bikini briefs £1.49 M&S 70% sale hth
    Originally posted by shogun 777
    To match the vests?
    I'm so proud of DD. She prepares her lunch the previous night as she is up and out at the crack of dawn. I'm getting into a sort of a pattern of what she needs. A pack of the large wraps from A lasts her the full week......think they are about 80p. She packs them with salad and usually chicken. Or even stuff we've cooked the night before. A bottle of tap water and a piece of fruit. That's her sorted.

But yes some of my work colleagues are exactly the same as yours We have an "honesty" tuck shop at work and I swear some people spend more money there in a day than I spend on our evening meal
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    A chip off the old block eh! Not that I'm calling you old..... obviously
    • s4mmy
    • By s4mmy 12th Oct 16, 7:34 AM
    • 552 Posts
    • 4,365 Thanks
    s4mmy
    Good morning everyone
    JF are back in stock if anyone needs to place an order - it's the first time that I've been able to get them !
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Oct 16, 7:35 AM
    • 28,011 Posts
    • 395,312 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    In
    Mine too.

To match the vests?

A chip off the old block eh! Not that I'm calling you old..... obviously
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Yes she takes after me I think I've been Frugal forever but loving the frocky stories I think you are right though....you have to be prepared to speculate to accumulate and I never hesitate to buy in bulk at bargain prices. We know it makes sense
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Oct 16, 7:37 AM
    • 28,011 Posts
    • 395,312 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning everyone
    JF are back in stock if anyone needs to place an order - it's the first time that I've been able to get them !
    Originally posted by s4mmy
    I picked another order up yesterday and reckon I've got plenty hair stuff to last me and the family for years. I'm looking forward to giving it a try as we've heard good reports the shower in volumiser sounds intriguing .
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 12th Oct 16, 7:37 AM
    • 3,288 Posts
    • 34,035 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 12th Oct 16, 7:38 AM
    • 3,095 Posts
    • 41,003 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good Morning all

Think it was TS who said she went "down" with the shorter daylight hours My DH is the same but I have found that a light box helped It was about £150 but it makes a difference
    DH says it does not work but I see a difference and can tell if he has skipped a few days

Enjoy whatever you do May go and DIL tonight DS is working away
    Loved the Frocky challenge I will do this again in the New Year
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 12th Oct 16, 7:40 AM
    • 3,095 Posts
    • 41,003 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Oh I could just hear her voice in that comment
    Thanks made me smile
    Loved the Frocky challenge I will do this again in the New Year
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Oct 16, 7:46 AM
    • 28,011 Posts
    • 395,312 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Why do I see stuff on Sloppytights today that I found yesterday on a womble
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Oct 16, 7:48 AM
    • 16,470 Posts
    • 178,060 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, cloudy here and just had a brief rain shower.

All this talk about frugal October, my DS drives me up the wall. Since his OHs mum moved away they are desperately trying to find people to look after the kids, we have DGS after school on a Monday but we cant commit to any other days due to work. Anyway, they were going on about how they need all the money they can get, but whenever we see them about in town they are in Starbucks, when they come round ours they often come with Starbucks in hand (for them, not us!) and they pick up the kids a bit of chocolate in there. They do not seem to realise how much difference it would make if they actually did not go in there!

My DD is totally the opposite, she wont buy anything without checking prices etc, and the idea of spending money like they do is quite abhorrent to her!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Oct 16, 7:48 AM
    • 26,201 Posts
    • 387,984 Thanks
    tweets
    tweets - just seen advert for Stand up to Cancer on 21st October on channel 4 and they said that Jose is going take part in it
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    Good Morning 3Dogs

Jose thank you will try and remember and record it so I can forward to when Jose is on
    Lost 3st-4lb
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Oct 16, 7:49 AM
    • 23,216 Posts
    • 279,419 Thanks
    davemorton
    Question for the day. Do the upper classes lick their yogurt pot lids?
    Morning all.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Oct 16, 7:49 AM
    • 28,011 Posts
    • 395,312 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good Morning all

Think it was TS who said she went "down" with the shorter daylight hours.
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    mrsmac

On that note I'm out the door
    Arthur C Clarke.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,948Posts Today

6,222Users online

Martin's Twitter