Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,204Posts
    • 32,760Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1340
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Oct 16, 5:03 PM
    • 41,725 Posts
    • 505,730 Thanks
    bubbs
    Oh damn, I knew there was somewhere I was supposed to go today
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    You silly billy
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Oct 16, 5:06 PM
    • 41,725 Posts
    • 505,730 Thanks
    bubbs
    country crisp cereal £1.34 @ Tesco
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/country-crisp-cereal-1-34-tesco-2526554
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Oct 16, 5:10 PM
    • 41,725 Posts
    • 505,730 Thanks
    bubbs
    Reminds me, when i was in t today, they were getting the ends ready for change over promotions and dolmio had the lasagne dishes by the side so think they are going to be free
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • shogun 777
    • By shogun 777 11th Oct 16, 5:14 PM
    • 347 Posts
    • 3,995 Thanks
    shogun 777
    But there's 12 Days of Christmas... you need 3 more. x
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Oct 16, 5:15 PM
    • 41,725 Posts
    • 505,730 Thanks
    bubbs
    Upto 70% Off Blue Cross Sale inc Men's, Kids, Women's & Home & + FREE Delivery (with code) @ Debenhams
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/upto-70-off-blue-cross-sale-inc-men-s-kids-women-s-home-free-delivery-with-code-2526220
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th Oct 16, 5:16 PM
    • 12,934 Posts
    • 225,788 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Job done

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Oct 16, 5:18 PM
    • 41,725 Posts
    • 505,730 Thanks
    bubbs
    Sweet Pouches, Roses 500g, Celebrations 490g, Quality Street 550g, Heroes 500g, Thorntons Moments 448g, Dairy Milk Chunks 470g. Any 2 for £5.00 @ Tesco from 12t
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sweet-pouches-roses-500g-celebrations-490g-quality-street-550g-heroes-500g-thorntons-2526261
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Oct 16, 5:22 PM
    • 14,325 Posts
    • 171,995 Thanks
    mhoc
    afternoon all

Check your Greggs app for a new freebie - balanced choice bake - toggle off if you don't want to get your just yet.
    OH has all 3 freebies on his app - granola, free crisps and bake - as he had issues with his app, usually it just me.
    The new freebie is not showing on mine yet I went to collect the free crisps on Saturday and while standing in the queue the free Granola appeared as well - totally gross

Check your O2 app for a new Boots cucumber freebie appearing on Thursday. Eldest child uses Boots cucumber and has done for a long time - she has psoriasis and its one of the few brands that is gentle enough for her skin

Check your Sainsburys mycoupons - i think the new offers are appearing tomorrow, the last selection were hopeless

Check your COS - new freebie appeared today, free V water - if its not on the soft drink shelf then check the sandwich fridge as its part of the £3 meal deal
    The free sausage bake from Morrisons has re appeared on mine as well

Check GreenJinn - the new cashback app, new items listed

i think thats about it
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 11th Oct 16, 5:24 PM
    • 1,059 Posts
    • 14,119 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    I did too but have seriously defrocked myself with the wine glitch when I find the receipt and update my total, I am going to be over my total already.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Afternoon, can't you just add up the cost of the wine that will be drunk in October as the rest will be consumed in another month? Or will you be drinking it all in October
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Oct 16, 5:27 PM
    • 14,325 Posts
    • 171,995 Thanks
    mhoc
    Reminds me, when i was in t today, they were getting the ends ready for change over promotions and dolmio had the lasagne dishes by the side so think they are going to be free
    Originally posted by bubbs
    So if you have got your jar of Dolmio for this weeks shopotize, dont use it yet incase you need to return it to store to buy it again with a free lasagne dish

Well usually its 2 jars you need to get
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th Oct 16, 5:29 PM
    • 12,934 Posts
    • 225,788 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Must get to Caernarfon Castle before 20th November

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/what-you-say-must-see-12006386
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• aau1
    • By aau1 11th Oct 16, 5:34 PM
    • 18,165 Posts
    • 316,729 Thanks
    aau1
    Thanks to SCC, 10m bacofoil cling film in a dispenser for 20p in A

I'm almost tempted to turn my house into a kill room for halloween a la Dexter
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Oct 16, 5:41 PM
    • 14,325 Posts
    • 171,995 Thanks
    mhoc
    For the people on the October challenge - i think I read somewhere about having a contingency purse with say £50 in (or £20 or whatever the budget would allow) This purse is a separate purse from the normal weekday grocery purse and operates independantly.

Then say you were in a supermarket and cans of corned beef were £1 you could get say 10 cans and pay for them out of the contingency purse and each time you opened a can you would take £1 from your normal weekly grocery budget purse tp go back into the contingency - literally paying yourself back
    So you could buy 6 bottles of glitchy wine for £17 paid for from the contingency purse, label the bottles with the true price and then as each bottle is open, pay for it from normal weekly purse

Or for instance you could buy some of the COS freebies from contingency purse because the cashback from these you have to wait for until you have got to the twenty pound mark which could be weeks away.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Oct 16, 5:46 PM
    • 14,325 Posts
    • 171,995 Thanks
    mhoc
    I also wombled a Co op receipt as I crossed the dark wastelands of Mr Tossers carpark today - I seem to think you can get your spend/points added to your new blue Co op card.
    In fact i think you can do this online yourself - or have i just made that up
    Last edited by mhoc; 11-10-2016 at 6:19 PM.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 11th Oct 16, 5:49 PM
    • 3,843 Posts
    • 78,178 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Sweet Pouches, Roses 500g, Celebrations 490g, Quality Street 550g, Heroes 500g, Thorntons Moments 448g, Dairy Milk Chunks 470g. Any 2 for £5.00 @ Tesco from 12t
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sweet-pouches-roses-500g-celebrations-490g-quality-street-550g-heroes-500g-thorntons-2526261
    Originally posted by bubbs

Some of these are now in the Asda 3 for £10 so hopefully there might be something comparing well

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/2-for-pound350/ls87559
    N1LDA
    • pippo
    • By pippo 11th Oct 16, 5:49 PM
    • 2,299 Posts
    • 22,996 Thanks
    pippo

Job done

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    I asked my dearly beloved to bring me a bag of rhubarb from the freezer in the garage, he was given some by old neighbour. It turned out to be apples which he had diced (including pips and skin) ready for his cider press!! And was all set to make a crumble!
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Oct 16, 5:55 PM
    • 8,535 Posts
    • 98,276 Thanks
    emerald21
    afternoon all

Check your Greggs app for a new freebie - balanced choice bake - toggle off if you don't want to get your just yet.
    OH has all 3 freebies on his app - granola, free crisps and bake - as he had issues with his app, usually it just me.
    The new freebie is not showing on mine yet I went to collect the free crisps on Saturday and while standing in the queue the free Granola appeared as well - totally gross

Check your O2 app for a new Boots cucumber freebie appearing on Thursday. Eldest child uses Boots cucumber and has done for a long time - she has psoriasis and its one of the few brands that is gentle enough for her skin

Check your Sainsburys mycoupons - i think the new offers are appearing tomorrow, the last selection were hopeless

Check your COS - new freebie appeared today, free V water - if its not on the soft drink shelf then check the sandwich fridge as its part of the £3 meal deal
    The free sausage bake from Morrisons has re appeared on mine as well

Check GreenJinn - the new cashback app, new items listed

i think thats about it
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Well thank you for all that lol. Need to work through them. Think I've got scalp psoriasis and it drives me crackers when I get hot then sweat it stings like hell then I have to scratch it which doesn t do me any favours. Does your daughter have it in her scalp as well mhoc if so what does she use ? I use Nizoral shampoo but isn t working.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Oct 16, 6:01 PM
    • 8,535 Posts
    • 98,276 Thanks
    emerald21
    Don t think I've ever had a free sausage bake from Morrisons before is it on one of the apps pls

Gave an old man begging a large mug of hot chocolate with cream on in Chester today curtesy of 02 and cafe Nero. Oooooh he said gratefully accepting it lol
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Oct 16, 6:11 PM
    • 14,325 Posts
    • 171,995 Thanks
    mhoc
    Don t think I've ever had a free sausage bake from Morrisons before is it on one of the apps pls

Gave an old man begging a large mug of hot chocolate with cream on in Chester today curtesy of 02 and cafe Nero. Oooooh he said gratefully accepting it lol
    Originally posted by emerald21
    very kind

I know where the homeless chap with the dog waits in Liverpool and he will be getting a Greggs granola bar and the new Greggs freebie as well, if we time it right and can get the Greggs app working

I sometimes think I really ought to go make a sandwich pack up and wrapped in foil, always plenty of bread and the makings for fillings in our fridge, before we set off for a day out in Liverpool - if not for the homeless chap it would feed the dog
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Oct 16, 6:14 PM
    • 41,725 Posts
    • 505,730 Thanks
    bubbs
    So if you have got your jar of Dolmio for this weeks shopotize, dont use it yet incase you need to return it to store to buy it again with a free lasagne dish

Well usually its 2 jars you need to get
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Dont do shopotize
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,690Posts Today

6,415Users online

Martin's Twitter