Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,182Posts
    • 32,694Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1334
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Oct 16, 11:17 PM
    • 3,295 Posts
    • 34,130 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Christmas.... we are posh.... prawn cocktails all the way!

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Cup - a - Soup (but in a bowl) springs to mind here...
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Oct 16, 11:30 PM
    • 26,042 Posts
    • 361,587 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Yes, they have automobiles and everything now

LOVE that app so much. Had a quick scan, and only got to 4.1, but will try my upstairs little stash to see if I can beat it tomorrow, soooo excited.

Ohh, I have had a few of those,were okay.

Evening all. No wine bought here, must really go tomorrow.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Game on
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Oct 16, 11:34 PM
    • 23,252 Posts
    • 279,789 Thanks
    davemorton
    Game on
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Mine is a little stash though, unlike yours!

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Oct 16, 11:35 PM
    • 26,042 Posts
    • 361,587 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Been reading about the wine deal over on HUKD, seems there has been a few failures with those that tried to Brand Match.

I know it was mentioned earlier it did not work for someone here has anyone had success with it today. I read the Faustino VII did not work on the dark side and that is one that usually does BM ok.

So it does look like it might be fixed and we are just lucky this time that there is a crossover of multibuy on the Hardys so no need to compare elsewhere.
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 10th Oct 16, 11:37 PM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 25,138 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Dress £4 in A. Free C and C

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Brilliant! Really grateful, thank you. Just my sort of dress. Had to buy a size smaller as my size oos but reviews say it's larger than expected so hopefully will be just right. Thanks, TM.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Oct 16, 11:41 PM
    • 26,042 Posts
    • 361,587 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Mine is a little stash though, unlike yours!

And the very wine that I got the reputation from.

https://www.vivino.com/wineries/manzanos/wines/seleccion-de-victor-rioja-2011

Look at that rating 5.0 Not sure if it's the right year though will check tomorrow as there is still a couple of bottles cellared shall we call it.
    I'M A FROCKY
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 10th Oct 16, 11:51 PM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 25,138 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Was rushing tonight to get home for an appointment but popped into T for some Hipps. Got 6, three different, then 8 more items just to be safe. Hoped to compare v A. But SA must have scanned only one as it came out as 6x so not enough to brand match. Not amused!!! At least they were free...

Does anyone have a link to the printable ones, pretty please?
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Oct 16, 11:53 PM
    • 23,252 Posts
    • 279,789 Thanks
    davemorton
    And the very wine that I got the reputation from.

https://www.vivino.com/wineries/manzanos/wines/seleccion-de-victor-rioja-2011

Look at that rating 5.0 Not sure if it's the right year though will check tomorrow as there is still a couple of bottles cellared shall we call it.
    How come thats a 5 when it has 1 user rating, and that user rated it at a 3??? I sense a fix coming on
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Oct 16, 11:58 PM
    • 26,042 Posts
    • 361,587 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    How come thats a 5 when it has 1 user rating, and that user rated it at a 3??? I sense a fix coming on
    Oh am I the only one that rated it.

Actually I haven't, I didn't notice that DM, not sure how they get to that rating either.
    I'M A FROCKY
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Oct 16, 11:59 PM
    • 23,252 Posts
    • 279,789 Thanks
    davemorton
    Oh am I the only one that rated it.

Actually I haven't, I didn't notice that DM, not sure how they get to that rating either.
    cue 37 more ratings all of a sudden over night
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Oct 16, 12:09 AM
    • 26,042 Posts
    • 361,587 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    cue 37 more ratings all of a sudden over night

Will that be you adding some bad ones.
    I'M A FROCKY
    • underperky
    • By underperky 11th Oct 16, 6:29 AM
    • 4,704 Posts
    • 59,074 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th Oct 16, 6:33 AM
    • 2,819 Posts
    • 24,983 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Anyway, on a happier note, really proud of my DD and her boyfriend. They are moving to Yorkshire on Thursday and they both already have jobs

They are living with his mum for a while to let them save, they will save for a couple of years to get a deposit together then buy a house. Down here they would not stand a chance, even if they were living cheaply with us it they would need at least £30 grand to get a deposit, and that is the bare minimum.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    It's terrible isn't it what a ridiculous amount to need to save, I'm so sorry about your fil.
    Been reading about the wine deal over on HUKD, seems there has been a few failures with those that tried to Brand Match.

I know it was mentioned earlier it did not work for someone here has anyone had success with it today. I read the Faustino VII did not work on the dark side and that is one that usually does BM ok.

So it does look like it might be fixed and we are just lucky this time that there is a crossover of multibuy on the Hardys so no need to compare elsewhere.
    I've got a delivery this morning and I've ordered a few 2 for £9 can't remember which ones now, I also used a £6 off £60 so if BM has kicked in that might stop the voucher from working.
    Good morning
    Originally posted by underperky
    Good morning, work for me today although they seem to be my rest days lately
    SPC9# 517 target £365. £692 SPC10 #. Target £365
    The wisdom you seek is already within you.
    • streetlights
    • By streetlights 11th Oct 16, 6:41 AM
    • 3,464 Posts
    • 67,330 Thanks
    streetlights
    Good morning everybody, I hope you are well and have a fabulous Tuesday.
    Happy shopping.
    Mortgage debt 45,000. Thank you all for your help so far in helping me save to buy the house. I could not have done this without all your help.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 11th Oct 16, 6:41 AM
    • 2,755 Posts
    • 42,266 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning. Just won 50p on Top cashback Halloween comp . That could buy 36 mullers (not including fillers)
    Last edited by elainemn; 11-10-2016 at 6:45 AM.
    • hippychicky
    • By hippychicky 11th Oct 16, 6:42 AM
    • 635 Posts
    • 9,022 Thanks
    hippychicky

That's what I was trying to get across yesterday but didn't explain it well x
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 11th Oct 16, 6:51 AM
    • 886 Posts
    • 9,294 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Thankyou and still on bogof till then ?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    BOGOF still on website this morning :-)
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Oct 16, 6:55 AM
    • 41,564 Posts
    • 504,297 Thanks
    bubbs
    BOGOF still on website this morning :-)
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Morning all
    Thanks will try and get there today
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 11th Oct 16, 7:05 AM
    • 3,841 Posts
    • 78,117 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Morning all
    ThanKS Izzey hope you are ok?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Belated good morning Bubbs

Have been on holiday and internet very hit and miss, especially in the mornings as it always seems to run slow. Bit like me this morning, I can't believe how cold it is.
    N1LDA
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Oct 16, 7:08 AM
    • 41,564 Posts
    • 504,297 Thanks
    bubbs
    Belated good morning Bubbs

Have been on holiday and internet very hit and miss, especially in the mornings as it always seems to run slow. Bit like me this morning, I can't believe how cold it is.
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Morning
    Hope you had a good time?
    You still on dial up?
    Yes was cold yesterday too
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

272Posts Today

2,299Users online

Martin's Twitter