Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,185Posts
    • 32,694Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1333
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Oct 16, 9:38 PM
    • 41,576 Posts
    • 504,400 Thanks
    bubbs
    I just made the mistake of catching sight of the outside temperature.

6.4 degrees C

This time last week in Madeira it would have been around 20 degrees C.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Was really cold this morning made me go brrrrrrrr
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Oct 16, 9:39 PM
    • 12,981 Posts
    • 164,118 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Wear something on your feet that you can use to tread on the shucks, that way both feet on the shuck, pull it apart and saves getting your hands spiked. They are quite vicious those shucks Oh, and watch out for squirrels
    I had pulled up and jumped out of the car ready to pick, and then realised I need boots, trousers and it was getting dark...........I will return next week with boots, trousers, long sleeves, gloves and in the day light with a bucket (OH can separate the green bit from the nuts)
    Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Oct 16, 9:47 PM
    • 41,576 Posts
    • 504,400 Thanks
    bubbs
    Dont think it will be long before i am in bed, all im doing is yawn, yawn yawn
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Oct 16, 9:53 PM
    • 16,512 Posts
    • 178,509 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I had pulled up and jumped out of the car ready to pick, and then realised I need boots, trousers and it was getting dark...........I will return next week with boots, trousers, long sleeves, gloves and in the day light with a bucket (OH can separate the green bit from the nuts)
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Chicken

Take a couple of buckets because you don't know what you are getting. There should actually be quite a few loose nuts just laying on the floor so you might do OK.

It's funny, I can't remember not going blackberrying and chestnutting, simply always done it even as a child. I am not sure whether the seasons have moved or chestnuts are ripening earlier, but I remember as a young child chestnutting in the snow, not an easy task
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Oct 16, 9:56 PM
    • 12,981 Posts
    • 164,118 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Chicken

Take a couple of buckets because you don't know what you are getting. There should actually be quite a few loose nuts just laying on the floor so you might do OK.

It's funny, I can't remember not going blackberrying and chestnutting, simply always done it even as a child. I am not sure whether the seasons have moved or chestnuts are ripening earlier, but I remember as a young child chestnutting in the snow, not an easy task
    If it was snowy, I would be better able to find fallen ones... it is thick undergrowth!

I am thinking of protective clothing!

Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Oct 16, 10:00 PM
    • 16,512 Posts
    • 178,509 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    If it was snowy, I would be better able to find fallen ones... it is thick undergrowth!

I am thinking of protective clothing!

Oh dear, that bad

I walk into blackberry bushes in jeans, might be worth having a stick on hand if it is that bad! It is well worth it though. That said I simply have not had chance to do anything with the nuts I collected, they are in the freezer for when things are less manic.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Oct 16, 10:09 PM
    • 12,981 Posts
    • 164,118 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Oh dear, that bad

I walk into blackberry bushes in jeans, might be worth having a stick on hand if it is that bad! It is well worth it though. That said I simply have not had chance to do anything with the nuts I collected, they are in the freezer for when things are less manic.
    The tree is 80 odd miles from my house, but near where I go rather regularly for work... so should to be dressed in work clothes... but jeans and wellies are looking good!

I love them roasted, but never tasted soup but soup and brioche is on the menu!

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Oct 16, 10:11 PM
    • 28,077 Posts
    • 395,927 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    The tree is 80 odd miles from my house, but near where I go rather regularly for work... so should to be dressed in work clothes... but jeans and wellies are looking good!

I love them roasted, but never tasted soup but soup and brioche is on the menu!

Chestnut soup topped with crispy bacon........a perfect Christmas soup
    I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarian and we're sceptical.
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Oct 16, 10:15 PM
    • 12,981 Posts
    • 164,118 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Chestnut soup topped with crispy bacon........a perfect Christmas soup
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Christmas.... we are posh.... prawn cocktails all the way!

• vanilla twist
    • By vanilla twist 10th Oct 16, 10:21 PM
    • 3,736 Posts
    • 55,978 Thanks
    vanilla twist

Another lazy morning here

Glad Rhos is alright & in the loop

Feeling glum as Dad has had another mini stroke This time a Dr was called & he has to have a CT scan The worrying bit is it a bleed one or a clot?
    Clot would be better as blood can be thinned. He also has blood cancer so blood has to be monitored ...

So I'm away with my gloomy thoughts at the moment
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Very sorry to hear your dad has blood cancer snap.
    Big hugs

V x
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back
    Originally posted by fairclaire
    May the odds be ever in your favour

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Oct 16, 10:26 PM
    • 26,046 Posts
    • 361,617 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    DS arrived home last night for a couple of days He's been hard at work sorting out all our technical issues. Downloaded this app for me ........Vivino and I'm loving it.

You take a photo of the label or input the name of your wine and you get a score out of 5. Here is the score of the Hardys I bought earlier.

DS reckons that there's not many above the 4 mark and he's right. We only have one in the house and it's the boxed Coop Moet champagne we got a few years back. It came out at 4.1.

Interested to see if anyone has anything higher

Oooh I am going to have so much fun with that.

Just went to the website and popped in a name search from one I could remember "Sister's Run" from a mystery box while back and hit 4.1 straight off.

Will have to see if I can beat that, it's too cold and dark to have a proper play now.
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 10th Oct 16, 10:27 PM
    • 4,120 Posts
    • 47,132 Thanks
    gocat
    Chicken

I went collecting chestnuts this morning after Id been to T's. I keep one of those reachers in the car, so easy for picking them up and putting them into the bag. Use to be able to get these reachers cheap in one of the discount shops. Was either B&M or Home Bargains. But don't know if they still have them.
    hth
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Oct 16, 10:31 PM
    • 26,046 Posts
    • 361,617 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Enterprise sorry to hear the news about your FIL. Thinking of you and your family. x
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 10th Oct 16, 10:39 PM
    • 3,099 Posts
    • 41,042 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Enterprise. Sad new about your FIL. Lovely news about your DD.

Bought two of the little pots on shopmium for one of the GC only to find that dh does not have the offer. £2 wasted on my frocky budget. But I have yogurt galore.

Nite nite

Edit it appeared once I had completed my reviews Yah
    Last edited by mrsmac10; 11-10-2016 at 7:28 AM.
    Loved the Frocky challenge I will do this again in the New Year
    • Motivate
    • By Motivate 10th Oct 16, 10:57 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 371 Thanks
    Motivate
    No, it's an asda apg anomaly. If bought in T's you would get a PP as expected.
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Thank you for explaining this

Great thank you kind Sir - I was able to order 2 - not sure when I will be able to collect but I'm hoping they will be able to hold my order for a couple of weeks.
    Sorry its taken so long to reply - just not enough hours in the day to do everything
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Oct 16, 11:02 PM
    • 3,304 Posts
    • 34,224 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Back from the babysitting for DD and friend to go to Bella.

They had a brilliant time - took photos of the various courses (yes, they tried all 3 mains, so thanks to whoever suggested that they should) and just to please me, because she knew it would, they also took a photo of the bill with the £49 deduction. DD knows her mommy well!

I am so very pleased for them - DD took a longstanding female friend who needed a bit of a boost (truth be known, they both needed a bit of a boost) and tonight they had a thoroughly enjoyable child-free evening for the cost of a couple of drinks. They said staff were brilliant.

The little ones ate well too - I went to S where the deli had cooked chicken at 1.60 per 100g, then found a whole cooked chicken for £4.50 for 1.3 kilo so I got that, so with some creamy mash and a selection of veg, apple sauce and gravy that meant they had a decent dinner served within ten mins of getting home. I had my nails painted by DGD and watched XFactor on catch-up afterwards.
    Last edited by Serendipitious; 10-10-2016 at 11:07 PM.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Oct 16, 11:08 PM
    • 23,254 Posts
    • 279,816 Thanks
    davemorton
    It's much improved since I was there years ago probabaly when I was a child lol
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Yes, they have automobiles and everything now

DS arrived home last night for a couple of days He's been hard at work sorting out all our technical issues. Downloaded this app for me ........Vivino and I'm loving it.

You take a photo of the label or input the name of your wine and you get a score out of 5. Here is the score of the Hardys I bought earlier.

DS reckons that there's not many above the 4 mark and he's right. We only have one in the house and it's the boxed Coop Moet champagne we got a few years back. It came out at 4.1.

Interested to see if anyone has anything higher

LOVE that app so much. Had a quick scan, and only got to 4.1, but will try my upstairs little stash to see if I can beat it tomorrow, soooo excited.

Oooh I am going to have so much fun with that.

Just went to the website and popped in a name search from one I could remember "Sister's Run" from a mystery box while back and hit 4.1 straight off.

Will have to see if I can beat that, it's too cold and dark to have a proper play now.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Ohh, I have had a few of those,were okay.

Evening all. No wine bought here, must really go tomorrow.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Oct 16, 11:10 PM
    • 23,254 Posts
    • 279,816 Thanks
    davemorton
    I still have a 3/4 of those Moet from the Co-op left. Was £8 . I managed to get 2 cases
    • Motivate
    • By Motivate 10th Oct 16, 11:14 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 371 Thanks
    Motivate

Link to terms and conditions: https://livewellforless.sainsburys.co.uk/swipe-and-win-terms-and-conditions/
    Win Bonus points on £10 spend, anything from 200 points to 5,000. Not as good at last time. Only really good for filling up on petrol.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 10th Oct 16, 11:17 PM
    • 2,652 Posts
    • 25,151 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Unfortunately not for me - still Closed (or may have closed early?).

Edit - just had a quick look on the website (logged in) and it says it has finished but you can upload receipts for any purchased before 6.20pm today.

... wonders out loud if my purchase from yesterday may qualify...

Edit 2 - the valid dates are stated as:
    And also:

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Ooh. Thank you. I'll try my receipt from Saturday! Thought I'd missed this one again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,045Posts Today

7,791Users online

Martin's Twitter