Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,199Posts
    • 32,759Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1332
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Oct 16, 9:02 PM
    • 41,639 Posts
    • 505,078 Thanks
    bubbs
    That is because he had a 'Comet' badge on his lapel!

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    No Asda
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Oct 16, 9:03 PM
    • 41,639 Posts
    • 505,078 Thanks
    bubbs
    I'm sure we all know.....but just in case

We're giving away millions of bonus Nectar points in our Swipe and Win event, from Friday to Sunday.

All you need to do is spend £10 or more and swipe your Nectar card* in store, online or on petrol, and you're guaranteed to get a coupon worth from 200 to 5,000 points (that's up to £25).

Terms and conditions

Nectar Swipe and Win: To enter spend £10 or more in one transaction and swipe Nectar card. Qualifying spend exclusions apply. Offer available in store and online for groceries delivered between 14-16 October 2016. Excludes Centrals, Locals, Cafes and selected Petrol Stations. All entrants meeting the qualifying conditions will receive a reward coupon. Every qualifying customer will receive a minimum of 200 points and prizes up to 5,000 points are allocated at random. Redeem Swipe and Win coupon in store only until 30 October 2016. See full terms and conditions here.

Spend does not apply to cashback, purchases from the National Lottery stand, Lloyds pharmacy or other concessions, tobacco kiosk, vending machines, or purchases of spirits and liqueurs, baby milk products, gift cards, charity items, medicines, savings stamps, phone cards, mobile phone vouchers, or postage stamps. Offer not valid with any other offer & is non-transferable.
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Got me on ignore now as well as TS
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Oct 16, 9:03 PM
    • 13,009 Posts
    • 164,404 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    No Asda
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Oct 16, 9:04 PM
    • 41,639 Posts
    • 505,078 Thanks
    bubbs
    Anyone else notice we are on page 666
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Im on page 1332
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Oct 16, 9:04 PM
    • 28,129 Posts
    • 396,425 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Did we know about this....free dog and cat food

https://www.oscars.co.uk/free-meal
    I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarian and we're sceptical.
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Oct 16, 9:07 PM
    • 10,612 Posts
    • 117,447 Thanks
    Anon
    I've got it on cs today but neither cs or cos for yesterday

Annoyed i didn't get any today now. I wasn't interested in it for free but £2 profit would have done nicely
    Originally posted by aau1
    ... wonders out loud if any of the acceptable retailers don't show the transaction time on the receipt ...

Anon
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Oct 16, 9:14 PM
    • 28,129 Posts
    • 396,425 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    A v T

1x Pringles Prawn Cocktail (190G) £2.00 £1.50
    1x Lynx Africa Hydrating XL Shower Gel (400ML) £3.00 £1.50
    1x Pringles Smokey Bacon (190G) £2.00 £1.50
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 10th Oct 16, 9:17 PM
    • 4,720 Posts
    • 71,316 Thanks
    savvy sal
    Did we know about this....free dog and cat food

https://www.oscars.co.uk/free-meal
    These sound like the people that called on me a few years ago.They tried about 4 different dried food on my cat and he turned his nose up on all of them.So they couldn't persuade me to buy any of them.
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 10th Oct 16, 9:22 PM
    • 4,720 Posts
    • 71,316 Thanks
    savvy sal
    If you need to locate a particular item in T....find a member of staff of management level/team leader/section leader....they usually wear the navy blue jackets/own clothes....ask them if they have the T app on their mobile to locate an item in store. They can then check their phone, will tell you if they stock the item, and if they do, they will tell you what aisle number the product is located..(they usually take you to the product).
    I find this is a really useful service....Saves a lot of time
    Originally posted by juju17
    I asked a couple of weeks ago about the Paul Hollywood and the young chap did look on his phone and told me that tesco do sell them but not in this branch..so it must show by store as well.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Oct 16, 9:23 PM
    • 13,009 Posts
    • 164,404 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Good news.... I found a sweet chestnut tree where I can legally stop a car... lol! but I need to wear boots before I climb in!
    Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Oct 16, 9:25 PM
    • 28,129 Posts
    • 396,425 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Free flu jab at Boots....bubbs and TS have probably mentioned it previously

Winter is nearly here, and as we all know, it’s great to be prepared, so book your flu jab now and it could help you stay well throughout the colder season. If you’re aged 65 or over, you’re eligible for a free flu jab courtesy of the NHS**, so why not come into a Boots store near you for yours?

Not only will you help protect yourself from flu, you’ll help stop it spreading to your friends and family too. Other benefits include:

• The flu jab is carried out by a specially trained Pharmacist in the privacy of a consultation room
    • You can book a slot at over 1,900 Boots stores† – some open seven days a week including evenings*
    • If you’re entitled to a free flu jab, we’ll let your GP know you’ve had it at Boots

Book online or visit your local store. See you soon.

The Boots Advantage Card Team
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Oct 16, 9:26 PM
    • 16,534 Posts
    • 178,764 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good news.... I found a sweet chestnut tree where I can legally stop a car... lol! but I need to wear boots before I climb in!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Wear something on your feet that you can use to tread on the shucks, that way both feet on the shuck, pull it apart and saves getting your hands spiked. They are quite vicious those shucks Oh, and watch out for squirrels
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Oct 16, 9:28 PM
    • 41,639 Posts
    • 505,078 Thanks
    bubbs
    Free flu jab at Boots....bubbs and TS have probably mentioned it previously

Winter is nearly here, and as we all know, it’s great to be prepared, so book your flu jab now and it could help you stay well throughout the colder season. If you’re aged 65 or over, you’re eligible for a free flu jab courtesy of the NHS**, so why not come into a Boots store near you for yours?

Not only will you help protect yourself from flu, you’ll help stop it spreading to your friends and family too. Other benefits include:

• The flu jab is carried out by a specially trained Pharmacist in the privacy of a consultation room
    • You can book a slot at over 1,900 Boots stores† – some open seven days a week including evenings*
    • If you’re entitled to a free flu jab, we’ll let your GP know you’ve had it at Boots

Book online or visit your local store. See you soon.

The Boots Advantage Card Team
    No i havent so carry on
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 10th Oct 16, 9:30 PM
    • 4,720 Posts
    • 71,316 Thanks
    savvy sal
    On the wombling f/b they have just started a file listing bar codes that are the ones usually on shopitize in case people find them on wombles.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Oct 16, 9:30 PM
    • 28,129 Posts
    • 396,425 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Sorry to hear your news snap and E
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 10th Oct 16, 9:31 PM
    • 4,720 Posts
    • 71,316 Thanks
    savvy sal
    No i havent so carry on
    Originally posted by bubbs
    You're not over 65 either are you bubbs
    • juju17
    • By juju17 10th Oct 16, 9:34 PM
    • 670 Posts
    • 8,924 Thanks
    juju17
    I asked a couple of weeks ago about the Paul Hollywood and the young chap did look on his phone and told me that tesco do sell them but not in this branch..so it must show by store as well.
    Originally posted by savvy sal
    Yes Sal, I have had that too.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Oct 16, 9:34 PM
    • 28,129 Posts
    • 396,425 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    These sound like the people that called on me a few years ago.They tried about 4 different dried food on my cat and he turned his nose up on all of them.So they couldn't persuade me to buy any of them.
    They should have had squirrel flavour
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Oct 16, 9:35 PM
    • 41,639 Posts
    • 505,078 Thanks
    bubbs
    You're not over 65 either are you bubbs
    Feel it sometimes
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Oct 16, 9:37 PM
    • 16,534 Posts
    • 178,764 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I just made the mistake of catching sight of the outside temperature.

6.4 degrees C

This time last week in Madeira it would have been around 20 degrees C.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,154Posts Today

5,924Users online

Martin's Twitter