Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,182Posts
    • 32,694Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1329
    • cjj
    • By cjj 10th Oct 16, 7:14 PM
    • 5,874 Posts
    • 78,394 Thanks
    cjj
    So sorry about your dad Snap, hope things improve.

We have just found out my FiL has cancer of the marrow, mostly in his spine.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    So sorry E, sending lots of love xx
    Family is not about blood.Its about who is willing to hold your hand when you need it most.

Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.. CJJ
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Oct 16, 7:16 PM
    • 10,601 Posts
    • 117,327 Thanks
    Anon
    Can I please ask what banking/savings accounts people have been opting for ? Think they was talk of a Teskies one but can't remember details & I think there may have been another. Tia xx
    Originally posted by cjj
    Quite a few to consider:
    T has a current account offering 3%,
    TSB, Lloyds, NWide - 4%/5% depending on which bank on varying amounts (NWide RAF possible and TCB/Q too)
    Halifax Rewards - £5 per month
    C00p - £150 switching bonus
    HSBC - £150 switching, plus £50 if you stay the year
    M&S - £100 M&S vouchers, plus £10 a month

T&Cs for each of the above and limits on balances where the higher % will be paid, some depending on set amount per month paying in, most need 2 DDs switching, some have a high interest regular saver savings account too.

SanT are dropping their rate to 1.5% from 3% (major drop compared to the base rate drop - funny how they punish savers!) so may not longer be worth having, depending on how much you can put in.

Some pointers on http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts but remember also to check cashback sites.
    HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 10-10-2016 at 8:01 PM.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 10th Oct 16, 7:17 PM
    • 5,600 Posts
    • 76,942 Thanks
    Sarahdol75

So sorry to hear this xx
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 513 -------- £500.00
    £526.00
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Oct 16, 7:17 PM
    • 41,564 Posts
    • 504,297 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thanks for quoting that cjj, i had missed it
    Enterprise so sorry xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Oct 16, 7:19 PM
    • 10,601 Posts
    • 117,327 Thanks
    Anon
    Blind Pig is back on Shopmium for those who want haven't bought. Ends in 11 hours.
    Originally posted by lookinforabargain
    Unfortunately not for me - still Closed (or may have closed early?).

Edit - just had a quick look on the website (logged in) and it says it has finished but you can upload receipts for any purchased before 6.20pm today.

... wonders out loud if my purchase from yesterday may qualify...

Edit 2 - the valid dates are stated as:
    "You may request your cash back for all purchases done before Monday 10/10/16 - 6:20PM. "
    And also:
    This product is available from 04/10/2016, whilst stocks last and at a maximum deadline of 10/10/2016.

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 10-10-2016 at 7:32 PM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Oct 16, 7:21 PM
    • 10,601 Posts
    • 117,327 Thanks
    Anon
    Sorry are they from asda?? What do you need to pur hase thank you
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    In case anyone didn't answer this question, yes buy in A - using APG AvT, 11 of one flavour, 1 of another (make sure you choose matching flavours to T - there have been a few successful shops posted on here or T/MSM website can help as not all flavours have been tested).

HTH

Anon
    • altojack
    • By altojack 10th Oct 16, 7:23 PM
    • 7,908 Posts
    • 109,094 Thanks
    altojack

Sorry to hear this Enterprise X

Snap, fingers crossed for good news X

Hugs to both of you at this time of worry xx
    There's no place like home
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Oct 16, 7:25 PM
    • 28,077 Posts
    • 395,920 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    It worked. 😁 6 bottles of hardy's stamp for £17.25.
    Originally posted by nuttybabe
    Yeh.......thank you nutty

Just got 12 bottles of Hardys red.

I was so excited to see some on the shelf that I dropped a bottle

It didn't break.....phew
    I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarian and we're sceptical.
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • altojack
    • By altojack 10th Oct 16, 7:26 PM
    • 7,908 Posts
    • 109,094 Thanks
    altojack
    Not been around much today, busy doing nothing

I had intended a NSD day today until I started my catchup from yesterday. By just before tea time I gave in to Mr T and just had to pop out for some wine . I'm stocked up with enough for now, just bought the Gardy Stamp red and white and they both worked as expected. Thanks OP xx
    • altojack
    • By altojack 10th Oct 16, 7:28 PM
    • 7,908 Posts
    • 109,094 Thanks
    altojack
    Whilst I'm hugging

Rhos, hope you are getting better sweetheart, hugs to you xx
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th Oct 16, 7:31 PM
    • 8,502 Posts
    • 97,990 Thanks
    emerald21
    Yes I've got Optiwell - I cant figure out if its a long life product or one you find in the chiller fridges ...

And this reminds me I need to do some Hipp print offs - I've run out of magazine ones now and I don't know what my store is going to think of print off MOCS ....
    Originally posted by mhoc
    They are a long life product.
    • altojack
    • By altojack 10th Oct 16, 7:32 PM
    • 7,908 Posts
    • 109,094 Thanks
    altojack
    Gardy Stamp, now there's a name I'd never heard of before, not as good as Hardy Stamp mind
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Oct 16, 7:32 PM
    • 28,077 Posts
    • 395,920 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Free 100 Tesco Clubcard Points and more if you've a child under 5
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/free-100-tesco-clubcard-points-more-ve-a-child-under-5-2525913
    Originally posted by aau1
    Is it a straight swap?

Off to eat
    I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarian and we're sceptical.
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Oct 16, 7:33 PM
    • 26,223 Posts
    • 388,217 Thanks
    tweets
    Enterprise sorry to hear about fil (((X)))
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • cjj
    • By cjj 10th Oct 16, 7:35 PM
    • 5,874 Posts
    • 78,394 Thanks
    cjj
    Quite a few to consider:
    T has a current account offering 3%,
    TSB, Lloyds, NWide - 5% on varying amounts (NWide RAF possible and TCB/Q too)
    Halifax Rewards - £5 per month
    C00p - £150 switching bonus
    HSBC - £150 switching, plus £50 if you stay the year
    M&S - £100 M&S vouchers, plus £10 a month

T&Cs for each of the above and limits on balances where the higher % will be paid, some depending on set amount per month paying in, most need 2 DDs switching, some have a high interest regular saver savings account too.

SanT are dropping their rate to 1.5% from 3% (major drop compared to the base rate drop - funny how they punish savers!) so may not longer be worth having, depending on how much you can put in.

Some pointers on http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts but remember also to check cashback sites.
    HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Thanks very much for this Anon, very helpful as always. It's not for me it's for someone wanting least hassle possible ie no dd's. So will pass on the info, thanks xx
    Family is not about blood.Its about who is willing to hold your hand when you need it most.

Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.. CJJ
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Oct 16, 7:35 PM
    • 10,601 Posts
    • 117,327 Thanks
    Anon
    Wonders out loud if anyone knows what the T receipt shows against each item if you purchased all three flavours of pig cider ...

Just Cider Bottle x 3 lines or ...?

Thanks

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Oct 16, 7:37 PM
    • 10,601 Posts
    • 117,327 Thanks
    Anon
    Thanks very much for this Anon, very helpful as always. It's not for me it's for someone wanting least hassle possible ie no dd's. So will pass on the info, thanks xx
    Originally posted by cjj
    Suggest a T savings account too and that they put up with the DD hassle through that to meet the requirements (very straightforward), otherwise they will not be eligible for most of the offers.

Anon
    • cjj
    • By cjj 10th Oct 16, 7:39 PM
    • 5,874 Posts
    • 78,394 Thanks
    cjj
    Thinking of you snap xx

• cjj
    • By cjj 10th Oct 16, 7:40 PM
    • 5,874 Posts
    • 78,394 Thanks
    cjj
    Suggest a T savings account too and that they put up with the DD hassle through that to meet the requirements (very straightforward), otherwise they will not be eligible for most of the offers.

Anon
    Good thinking, had forgot about that thankyou xx

• chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 10th Oct 16, 7:48 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 2,805 Thanks
    chocaholics
    In case anyone didn't answer this question, yes buy in A - using APG AvT, 11 of one flavour, 1 of another (make sure you choose matching flavours to T - there have been a few successful shops posted on here or T/MSM website can help as not all flavours have been tested).

HTH

Anon
    Evening all, bought 11 strawb and 1 rasp and cranberry, all good thanks to op.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

371Posts Today

2,186Users online

Martin's Twitter