Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,178Posts
    • 32,691Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1326
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Oct 16, 2:18 PM
    • 14,251 Posts
    • 171,314 Thanks
    mhoc
    Just updated my Frocky total... Seriously wishing I'd stocked up in advance, but I know nothing else will be needed this week apart from maybe some milk, and that should be it until Sunday. Hope other people are also starting to make their way through the darkest recesses of their furthest kitchen cupboards in a bid to rustle up the weirdest and most wonderful tea/dinnertime concoctions for as little as possible
    Originally posted by Arthien
    oddly enough OH said he was convinced we had another coffee tin but then we thought we were using the spare, only when getting the beans out did i find the new tin hidden at the back - we have to hide the good stuff if we get visitors (ie coffee thiefs!) - the best gin was also hidden
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Oct 16, 2:21 PM
    • 26,019 Posts
    • 361,331 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Am stuffed Excellent spread this time.
    Originally posted by MKS
    Might have to look into airport lounge if we go away next year, B'mth doesn't have one but the flight times are dire to Turkey next year. So might look to go from Gatwick.

After stopping flights to Antalya last year now the Fethiye ones arrive next day middle of the night so you miss out on evening meal and take off meaning you would have to leave before lunch on the last day. That's too many meals out of my holiday.
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Oct 16, 2:22 PM
    • 14,251 Posts
    • 171,314 Thanks
    mhoc
    please does anyone by any chance have a barcode for Innocent tropical 900ml pretty please.

Just sorting through receipts and noticed someone had bought this in waitrose yesterday
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 10th Oct 16, 2:23 PM
    • 6,620 Posts
    • 85,638 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    New Orchard programme:

Join this new Orchard programme to get all the latest news on what we are doing to put an end to good food going to waste in our stores by 2017.

We have lots of helpful hints and ideas to help you start up conversations about reducing food waste and saving money.

We also want to give you a free opportunity to try our two favourite ranges that help to reduce food waste. Perfectly Imperfect is a range of wonky fruit and veg that will change with the seasons. The other is Eat Fresh, Keep Fresh Chicken, which allows you to use one chicken breast, while keeping the other fresh for another day – they’re also great for freezing.

Our Community Food Connection programme donates any good quality surplus food we have to local charities and community groups that help feed those in need.

We’re committed to no good food going to waste in our stores by 2017 and with a little help, that can happen in your home too.

Join this programme to get:

•A coupon for £2.50 off Tesco 2 British Chicken Breast Fillets 300g

•A coupon for £1.20 off Tesco Perfectly Imperfect Apples and/or Pears

•A little extra for your shop – 200 Tesco Clubcard Points
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Oct 16, 2:28 PM
    • 26,206 Posts
    • 388,053 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Afternoon

Snap (((X)))

Not quite my category, that....

Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Wasn't mine either thanks for knocking me off the bottom
    Lost 3st-4lb
    • pippo
    • By pippo 10th Oct 16, 2:31 PM
    • 2,279 Posts
    • 22,771 Thanks
    pippo

Another lazy morning here

Glad Rhos is alright & in the loop

Feeling glum as Dad has had another mini stroke This time a Dr was called & he has to have a CT scan The worrying bit is it a bleed one or a clot?
    Clot would be better as blood can be thinned. He also has blood cancer so blood has to be monitored ...

So I'm away with my gloomy thoughts at the moment
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Sending positive thoughts
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Oct 16, 2:34 PM
    • 26,206 Posts
    • 388,053 Thanks
    tweets
    New Orchard programme:

Join this new Orchard programme to get all the latest news on what we are doing to put an end to good food going to waste in our stores by 2017.

We have lots of helpful hints and ideas to help you start up conversations about reducing food waste and saving money.

We also want to give you a free opportunity to try our two favourite ranges that help to reduce food waste. Perfectly Imperfect is a range of wonky fruit and veg that will change with the seasons. The other is Eat Fresh, Keep Fresh Chicken, which allows you to use one chicken breast, while keeping the other fresh for another day – they’re also great for freezing.

Our Community Food Connection programme donates any good quality surplus food we have to local charities and community groups that help feed those in need.

We’re committed to no good food going to waste in our stores by 2017 and with a little help, that can happen in your home too.

Originally posted by purpledonkey
    I am on this programme
    Lost 3st-4lb
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Oct 16, 2:36 PM
    • 26,019 Posts
    • 361,331 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    New Orchard programme:

Think me and Anon might have to sit this one out.

Anon we must do better.
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 10th Oct 16, 2:42 PM
    • 6,620 Posts
    • 85,638 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    I am on this programme
    Originally posted by tweets
    And others no doubt
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 10th Oct 16, 2:42 PM
    • 6,620 Posts
    • 85,638 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    Think me and Anon might have to sit this one out.

Anon we must do better.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    I'm already planning a crumble
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Oct 16, 2:48 PM
    • 26,019 Posts
    • 361,331 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I'm already planning a crumble
    How about crumble cupcakes?
    I'M A FROCKY
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 10th Oct 16, 2:59 PM
    • 6,620 Posts
    • 85,638 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    How about crumble cupcakes?
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Naaaah, it took me a long time to perfect my apple cupcakes. I don't want to fiddle with them now
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 10th Oct 16, 3:03 PM
    • 5,595 Posts
    • 76,906 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Di

any good to you, and anyone else with little ones.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/free-life-saving-babygrow-launched-st-john-ambulance-tesco-instore-from-13th-oct-2525810
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 513 -------- £500.00
    £526.00
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 10th Oct 16, 3:13 PM
    • 4,636 Posts
    • 57,889 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Naaaah, it took me a long time to perfect my apple cupcakes. I don't want to fiddle with them now
    Don't mess with them, they are divine
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 10th Oct 16, 3:13 PM
    • 1,174 Posts
    • 13,118 Thanks
    Arthien
    oddly enough OH said he was convinced we had another coffee tin but then we thought we were using the spare, only when getting the beans out did i find the new tin hidden at the back - we have to hide the good stuff if we get visitors (ie coffee thiefs!) - the best gin was also hidden
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Good to see you've got your priorities straight
    Counting down to Christmas!

Also looking for gammon recipe inspiration!
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Oct 16, 3:14 PM
    • 3,289 Posts
    • 34,055 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Just been to T's for teabags, 2.99 for 240 PG so sig updated.

However, I now have a menu problem. Picking the g/kids up at 5 taking them straight to theirs and staying till DD is back from Bella. Yesterday DD was meant to be cooking a chicken so I have mashed potatoes done ready and she has those steamfresh veg in her freezer so the idea was a quick chicken dinner.

Anyhow, chicken was not cooked for whatever reason. She's saying there are sausages but that means I will have to figure out her new Neff oven

Soooo, what else could I do that's fast and goes with mash and veg? I'm stumped.

I can see it'll descend into Happy Meals on their way home by default...
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Arthien
    • By Arthien 10th Oct 16, 3:15 PM
    • 1,174 Posts
    • 13,118 Thanks
    Arthien
    Just been to T's for teabags, 2.99 for 240 PG so sig updated.

However, I now have a menu problem. Picking the g/kids up at 5 taking them straight to theirs and staying till DD is back from Bella. Yesterday DD was meant to be cooking a chicken so I have mashed potatoes done ready and she has those steamfresh veg in her freezer so the idea was a quick chicken dinner.

Anyhow, chicken was not cooked for whatever reason. She's saying there are sausages but that means I will have to figure out her new Neff oven

Soooo, what else could I do that's fast and goes with mash and veg? I'm stumped.

I can see it'll descend into Happy Meals on their way home by default...
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Fish fingers
    Counting down to Christmas!

Also looking for gammon recipe inspiration!
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Oct 16, 3:23 PM
    • 3,289 Posts
    • 34,055 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Fish fingers
    Originally posted by Arthien

Possible, but she buys those awful smartprice ones and I have my granny minimum standards to uphold...

But...just thought...I do pass an S on the way, I could get some cooked chicken from the deli
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• gocat
    • By gocat 10th Oct 16, 3:27 PM
    • 4,112 Posts
    • 47,074 Thanks
    gocat
    To be honest I don't think a £10 fare would cover it one way, that area has been a nightmare since they shut one lane for that supercycle highway Getting into town is the easy part, getting out takes agggges. I know there is pay and display parking around the square itself. If you have a blue badge, these are the restrictions in Westminster: https://www.westminster.gov.uk/where-you-can-park-disabled-badge. You're also exempt from paying the congestion charge with a blue badge, but you have to apply for it first: https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge/discounts-and-exemptions

I don't know what area you're traveling from but if driving, I would consider taking the north circ to the A40 and driving down via Shepherd's Bush or down via Paddington and skirting Baywater.

Hope that helps and hello
    hello back Thanks for you reply. Am coming from Lakeside area. Think we will be ok getting the train to fen st. It was the cab from Fen St to Belgrave Square, I'm wondering about. Wondering as in would it be a good idea to get Uber via the 02 app
    The way OH is though, will probably end up getting a black cab
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 10th Oct 16, 3:33 PM
    • 3,453 Posts
    • 69,223 Thanks
    Chrisv
    please does anyone by any chance have a barcode for Innocent tropical 900ml pretty please.

Just sorting through receipts and noticed someone had bought this in waitrose yesterday
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Try this mhoc

Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,523Posts Today

3,965Users online

Martin's Twitter