Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,199Posts
    • 32,759Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1325
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Oct 16, 1:24 PM
    • 26,061 Posts
    • 361,793 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I am wondering about that as well - mine stopped working after I get a leggings and vest order.

Is anyone still playing the game, ordering vests online because they still have the discount?

If so pm me - I suspect someone still is but does not want to say how many vests they have accumulated incase Marks starts
    in-vesting-ting them

I image they are making a vast vest pile ready for car booting
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Mine is still working.

Just thought I haven't actually collected any orders yet though. Wonder if that makes a difference. Not gone mad either. Just the different colours have been in stock different days when I have happened to be around...
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Oct 16, 1:27 PM
    • 26,061 Posts
    • 361,793 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Afternoon all!

Just whizzing in and out as I'm working my lunch so I can finish early, in time for Bella tonight

I'd skimmed and assumed this was a BG thing, but if it's not, then is it just 'buy in 6s' and nothing else required?
    Originally posted by Arthien
    Seems that way.

Enjoy tonight. x
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Oct 16, 1:27 PM
    • 3,322 Posts
    • 34,468 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    It was interesting, the difference in packing. I got the same item twice (diff sizes) and ordered on same day.

One came folded in half complete with hanger.

The other came folded in 4 without hanger.

Different packers I guess.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• MKS
    • By MKS 10th Oct 16, 1:32 PM
    • 9,028 Posts
    • 141,659 Thanks
    MKS
    I am now googling flights to cambodia, vietnam and laos.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    You've been talking to Dotty!! Will have to have words with him.
    Sitting in the lounge now, waiting for flight and enjoying the facilities.
    Last edited by MKS; 10-10-2016 at 2:03 PM.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Oct 16, 1:33 PM
    • 3,322 Posts
    • 34,468 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Spitting in the lounge now, waiting for flight and enjoying the facilities.
    Originally posted by MKS
    Well don't spit - they'll throw you out.

Have a great time. x
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Oct 16, 1:35 PM
    • 26,061 Posts
    • 361,793 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Originally posted by MKS
    You wait until I tell him what you are getting up to in the lounge.

Have a lovely time MKS, wish I was going too. x
    I'M A FROCKY
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Oct 16, 1:37 PM
    • 26,061 Posts
    • 361,793 Thanks
    Tinyshoes

Have a great time. x
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Maybe she is making sure no one else will want the food so she can do herself a doggy bag for the plane.
    I'M A FROCKY
    • MKS
    • By MKS 10th Oct 16, 1:39 PM
    • 9,028 Posts
    • 141,659 Thanks
    MKS
    [QUOTE=mrsmac10;71429691]Good morning all

Happy holidays to mks and Sarah Hope you both have a lovely time

I did not want to get out of bed It was so dark

Have a great day

Will try Mrs mac and thanks.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 10th Oct 16, 1:45 PM
    • 1,889 Posts
    • 21,244 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    No idea sorry as I got ballerina slippers and paid £1 but then I couldn't use it again.

Which makes me think - both my offers stopped working for me once I paid over some actual money. So I'm wondering if getting things for free keeps it alive and active as it's not registering any spend?

Worth bearing in mind for next time.

Ah ...that's logical thinking....(oh dear I sound like spock from star trek !!!!) but I paid cash out and I could only use once -so may be worth looking to see if anyone paid cash and the link still works
    I'm up for frugal October....£50-£60 for 3 of us

1st 2nd Oct Current spend - £6.32......3rd Oct - £1.78 = £8.10 6th Oct £2.64 = £10.74 10th Oct£5.35 = £16.09 11thOct£6.55 =£22.64 15THOct £4.56 = £27.23 17th OCT £7.71 =£34.94 20th Oct £1.72 = £36.66
    Disaster- Budweiser+pizza deal + £6 off wys £30 in W took me over my budget
    • marrbett
    • By marrbett 10th Oct 16, 1:46 PM
    • 1,721 Posts
    • 23,972 Thanks
    marrbett
    Originally posted by MKS
    have a lovely time.xx
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 10th Oct 16, 1:52 PM
    • 4,655 Posts
    • 58,123 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    No idea sorry as I got ballerina slippers and paid £1 but then I couldn't use it again.

Which makes me think - both my offers stopped working for me once I paid over some actual money. So I'm wondering if getting things for free keeps it alive and active as it's not registering any spend?

Worth bearing in mind for next time.
    I think you could be onto something here. I ordered a pair of leggings and when I tried to order another pair they came up full price.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010
    • underperky
    • By underperky 10th Oct 16, 1:57 PM
    • 4,711 Posts
    • 59,166 Thanks
    underperky
    I say Honey you say................
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Simon Cowell should be ashamed ...the other 3 being

nice ....plausible .... but he sold himself up the river last night
    • MKS
    • By MKS 10th Oct 16, 1:59 PM
    • 9,028 Posts
    • 141,659 Thanks
    MKS

Another lazy morning here

Glad Rhos is alright & in the loop

Feeling glum as Dad has had another mini stroke This time a Dr was called & he has to have a CT scan The worrying bit is it a bleed one or a clot?
    Clot would be better as blood can be thinned. He also has blood cancer so blood has to be monitored ...

So I'm away with my gloomy thoughts at the moment
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Big hugs, Snap. X
    • MKS
    • By MKS 10th Oct 16, 2:04 PM
    • 9,028 Posts
    • 141,659 Thanks
    MKS

Have a great time. x
    Thanks, Serenhave corrected it now Will try.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 10th Oct 16, 2:07 PM
    • 9,028 Posts
    • 141,659 Thanks
    MKS
    You wait until I tell him what you are getting up to in the lounge.

Have a lovely time MKS, wish I was going too. x
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Must be the Sav Blancs, have corrected it now. He knows exactly what I'm getting up to. Thanks, you may have fitted in my suitcase. Just waiting to hear if the Greek ATC strike will have any bearing on flight.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 10th Oct 16, 2:08 PM
    • 9,028 Posts
    • 141,659 Thanks
    MKS
    Maybe she is making sure no one else will want the food so she can do herself a doggy bag for the plane.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Am stuffed Excellent spread this time.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 10th Oct 16, 2:09 PM
    • 9,028 Posts
    • 141,659 Thanks
    MKS
    have a lovely time.xx
    Originally posted by marrbett
    Thanks, Marybeth. X
    • pippo
    • By pippo 10th Oct 16, 2:09 PM
    • 2,299 Posts
    • 22,996 Thanks
    pippo
    I am wondering about that as well - mine stopped working after I get a leggings and vest order.

Is anyone still playing the game, ordering vests online because they still have the discount?

If so pm me - I suspect someone still is but does not want to say how many vests they have accumulated incase Marks starts
    in-vesting-ting them

I image they are making a vast vest pile ready for car booting
    Originally posted by mhoc
    It worked for me for a vest sets a second time after using it once for a leggings and vest order - had a small amount to pay.
    Wouldn't work for a second leggings order.
    Fleece, got first order free, money off second order then couldn't use again - I just can't work it out.
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 10th Oct 16, 2:13 PM
    • 6,629 Posts
    • 85,731 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    We are planning on going to London this Wednesday. I installed the uber app on my iPhone ages ago but never used it yet. Do you think I would still be able to claim the 2 up to £10 rides via the 02 app. Or perhaps use Uber for one free ride and then the up to £10 ride for the return journey. We are going from Fenchurch st to Belgrave Sq. Need to renew OH passport and they wont do it by post (he is Malaysian). Will have to take extra bottles of oxygen, incase we are held up in a queue or something. What a palaver.
    He was going to drive there, but with the tower bridge now shut, he says traffic will be more awful than ever.

tia of your answers
    Originally posted by gocat
    To be honest I don't think a £10 fare would cover it one way, that area has been a nightmare since they shut one lane for that supercycle highway Getting into town is the easy part, getting out takes agggges. I know there is pay and display parking around the square itself. If you have a blue badge, these are the restrictions in Westminster: https://www.westminster.gov.uk/where-you-can-park-disabled-badge. You're also exempt from paying the congestion charge with a blue badge, but you have to apply for it first: https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge/discounts-and-exemptions

I don't know what area you're traveling from but if driving, I would consider taking the north circ to the A40 and driving down via Shepherd's Bush or down via Paddington and skirting Baywater.

Hope that helps and hello
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Oct 16, 2:16 PM
    • 26,061 Posts
    • 361,793 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Must be the Sav Blancs, have corrected it now. He knows exactly what I'm getting up to. Thanks, you may have fitted in my suitcase. Just waiting to hear if the Greek ATC strike will have any bearing on flight.
    Originally posted by MKS
    Fingers crossed for you. x

I didn't even get to finish my Prosecco before we went to Turkey as DD2 knocked it over me. I must have stunk of booze on the flight. I did my best with deodorant wipes to make myself smell better.
    I'M A FROCKY
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,705Posts Today

5,932Users online

Martin's Twitter