Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,198Posts
    • 32,759Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1324
    • lookinforabargain
    • By lookinforabargain 10th Oct 16, 12:43 PM
    • 8,942 Posts
    • 148,202 Thanks
    lookinforabargain
    Blind Pig is back on Shopmium for those who want haven't bought. Ends in 11 hours.
    ...those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

PRIDE

There's a fork in the road, which way will you go
    You standing still or will you step into the great unknown,
    Is yours to decide, this is your life.

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Oct 16, 12:43 PM
    • 3,321 Posts
    • 34,456 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    MrsBartolozzi was yesterday's smartest player!

31 players played

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Monday): Movies 2 : Intermediate

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Not quite my category, that....

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• pk04
    • By pk04 10th Oct 16, 12:44 PM
    • 2,807 Posts
    • 45,589 Thanks
    pk04
    Morning all.
    Can someone remind me which vests we're meant to be ordering??
    Many thanks
    Originally posted by marrbett
    http://www.marksandspencer.com/cotton-rich-built-up-shoulder-vest/p/p60087160?image=SD_02_T61_4600L_FU_X_EC_90&color=F UCHSIA&prevPage=plp&pdpredirect

These ones
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
    • aau1
    • By aau1 10th Oct 16, 12:45 PM
    • 18,165 Posts
    • 316,712 Thanks
    aau1
    Morning everyone. Trying to catch up a bit and am confused with the cashback apps. I thought once you claimed things disappeared from the apps? Mine haven't ! And someone said Shopmium would have blind pig back today. Mine hasn't. Missed that one!

Another thing. Sorry I said I was confused. CS and CoS have pictures of different flavours but say one claim. Did someone say you can get all three flavours and it counts as one claim please?

Many apologies for all the questions.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    The cs app has a bug on it just now that means all offers show they can only be claimed 1 time

Go through the motions of making a claim and you'll then be able to see how many redemptions are actually available

edit: this shows you the maximum number of claims you can make within the offer period. The app doesn't reduce as you claim so you need to take into account how many claims you've already made

If you check the website www.quidco.co.uk/clicksnap it shows you exactly what you have left to claim
    Last edited by aau1; 10-10-2016 at 4:38 PM.
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • marrbett
    • By marrbett 10th Oct 16, 12:46 PM
    • 1,721 Posts
    • 23,972 Thanks
    marrbett
    Thankyou so much.xx
    • tbw
    • By tbw 10th Oct 16, 12:50 PM
    • 4,560 Posts
    • 52,016 Thanks
    tbw
    I haven't bought ant T's wine for ages and I've forgotten exactly how it works - am I right in thinking that we just need 6 of the Hardys to get the double discount and that we are not also going for a price match as 2 bottles in T are cheaper than 2 in A ?
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Oct 16, 12:51 PM
    • 26,059 Posts
    • 361,784 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    No idea sorry as I got ballerina slippers and paid £1 but then I couldn't use it again.

Which makes me think - both my offers stopped working for me once I paid over some actual money. So I'm wondering if getting things for free keeps it alive and active as it's not registering any spend?

Worth bearing in mind for next time.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Did you that instore seren? My offer is still valid. But as you say no pennies spent yet and only used online.
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 10th Oct 16, 12:51 PM
    • 13,321 Posts
    • 214,800 Thanks
    zippydooda
    looks like the wine has been posted AGAIN on the dark side

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hardy-s-stamp-wine-6-bottles-for-17-25-tesco-2525820
    Last edited by zippydooda; 10-10-2016 at 1:07 PM.
    It is great news about zippy. God can you imagine him as a granddad... 'If Carlsberg done Grandfathers.... he would be Zippy'.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    baby boy 14/10/15 6lb 12oz
    • pk04
    • By pk04 10th Oct 16, 12:53 PM
    • 2,807 Posts
    • 45,589 Thanks
    pk04
    The cs app has a bug on it just now that means all offers show they can only be claimed 1 time

Go through the motions of making a claim and you'll then be able to see how many redemptions are actuall available
    Originally posted by aau1
    Does that still work? I went through and redeemed the milk on mine, it was only when it didn't show up and I went to put a claim through Quidco that I realised it was down to 0 redemptions left. Maybe mine was just glitchy ... in a bad way
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Oct 16, 12:56 PM
    • 26,059 Posts
    • 361,784 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I haven't bought ant T's wine for ages and I've forgotten exactly how it works - am I right in thinking that we just need 6 of the Hardys to get the double discount and that we are not also going for a price match as 2 bottles in T are cheaper than 2 in A ?
    Originally posted by tbw
    Yes it's cheaper because of the double discount than any that would price match.
    I'M A FROCKY
    Total spend for Frugal October £201.75/£100 for 3 of us. Wine glitch and M&S sale my downfall.
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 10th Oct 16, 1:00 PM
    • 1,186 Posts
    • 13,254 Thanks
    Arthien
    Yes it's cheaper because of the double discount than any that would price match.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Afternoon all!

Just whizzing in and out as I'm working my lunch so I can finish early, in time for Bella tonight

I'd skimmed and assumed this was a BG thing, but if it's not, then is it just 'buy in 6s' and nothing else required?
    Counting down to Christmas!

Also looking for gammon recipe inspiration!
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 10th Oct 16, 1:01 PM
    • 3,843 Posts
    • 78,178 Thanks
    izzeyb
    I noticed a failed shop on saturday on the mullers, but can confirm they have just worked for me.

11 red cherry plus a muller rice.

11 muller rice plus an apple muller rice.
    N1LDA
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 10th Oct 16, 1:06 PM
    • 13,321 Posts
    • 214,800 Thanks
    zippydooda
    ah right, i was away this weekend and just catching up. ive amended my post slightly
    It is great news about zippy. God can you imagine him as a granddad... 'If Carlsberg done Grandfathers.... he would be Zippy'.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    baby boy 14/10/15 6lb 12oz
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Oct 16, 1:09 PM
    • 14,305 Posts
    • 171,823 Thanks
    mhoc
    No idea sorry as I got ballerina slippers and paid £1 but then I couldn't use it again.

Which makes me think - both my offers stopped working for me once I paid over some actual money. So I'm wondering if getting things for free keeps it alive and active as it's not registering any spend?

I am wondering about that as well - mine stopped working after I get a leggings and vest order.

Is anyone still playing the game, ordering vests online because they still have the discount?

If so pm me - I suspect someone still is but does not want to say how many vests they have accumulated incase Marks starts
    in-vesting-ting them

I image they are making a vast vest pile ready for car booting
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 10th Oct 16, 1:12 PM
    • 1,186 Posts
    • 13,254 Thanks
    Arthien
    Just updated my Frocky total... Seriously wishing I'd stocked up in advance, but I know nothing else will be needed this week apart from maybe some milk, and that should be it until Sunday. Hope other people are also starting to make their way through the darkest recesses of their furthest kitchen cupboards in a bid to rustle up the weirdest and most wonderful tea/dinnertime concoctions for as little as possible
    Counting down to Christmas!

Also looking for gammon recipe inspiration!
    • Chieveley
    • By Chieveley 10th Oct 16, 1:12 PM
    • 220 Posts
    • 2,393 Thanks
    Chieveley
    Not quite my category, that....

Films?, Mine neither 3
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 10th Oct 16, 1:14 PM
    • 3,366 Posts
    • 17,110 Thanks
    mrs lds
    I noticed a failed shop on saturday on the mullers, but can confirm they have just worked for me.

11 red cherry plus a muller rice.

11 muller rice plus an apple muller rice.
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Sorry are they from asda?? What do you need to pur hase thank you
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 10th Oct 16, 1:17 PM
    • 3,104 Posts
    • 41,114 Thanks
    mrsmac10

Another lazy morning here

Glad Rhos is alright & in the loop

Feeling glum as Dad has had another mini stroke This time a Dr was called & he has to have a CT scan The worrying bit is it a bleed one or a clot?
    Clot would be better as blood can be thinned. He also has blood cancer so blood has to be monitored ...

So I'm away with my gloomy thoughts at the moment
    Originally posted by Snap-ant

Sending hugs and best wish to you all
    Loved the Frocky challenge I will do this again in the New Year
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Oct 16, 1:18 PM
    • 3,321 Posts
    • 34,456 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Did you that instore seren? My offer is still valid. But as you say no pennies spent yet and only used online.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Used them all online

Did the fleece etc etc etc, then saw a jacket for a gift for someone, so had to pay a bit on top for that - offer ended after that.

With lingerie, I was still in gift mode and vests were temp OOS at the time, so went for slippers, paid £1 - offer ended after that.

Trousers - well they are all over £5 anyhow, so single use.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 10th Oct 16, 1:19 PM
    • 3,104 Posts
    • 41,114 Thanks
    mrsmac10

I got two pairs of leggings and the offer disappeared It was supposed to be on for nightwear and one other
    Loved the Frocky challenge I will do this again in the New Year
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

275Posts Today

1,339Users online

Martin's Twitter