Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,175Posts
    • 32,691Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1321
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 10th Oct 16, 7:50 AM
    • 3,898 Posts
    • 41,858 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Monday.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Oct 16, 7:54 AM
    • 14,243 Posts
    • 171,218 Thanks
    mhoc
    a quick question pretty please

I seem to have run out of gradual facial tan i seem to think i got the last lot in one of the poundshops, a Dove one and i think i got a few as a stockpile, don't remember running out before

in the meantime i am improvising with what i have - very minute dots from combined face and body graduals. its very subtle hardly noticeable but especially in the winter i end up looking like morticia with anaemia if i am not using it.

Ive been looking at what versions there are, things like Olay sunshine etc £8 - £10 price range

so when you ate in places like Home Bargain, B&M, poundshops etc and spot anything that looks likely please give a LOUD shout out
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 10th Oct 16, 8:02 AM
    • 2,803 Posts
    • 24,772 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts

Just had a visit from exOH & his son....
    I knew he would call in today as he had texted me in the week asking for a cheap hotel in London for him & son for school holiday....
    His way of asking in a roundabout way to stay with Mum & Dad...
    So I had rung Mum & she said 'of course' texted him back with this...
    No reply so I predicted he would turn up...
    As the last time he called in was on his Birthday as I always give him a present...
    The next time he call by will be his son's Birthday in December
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    A good reminder why he is your Ex!!

Right Dashing out the door , Marmie nice to you , hope you had a more restful weekend Di?
    Catch up later
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I did thanks Bubbs I've done nothing all weekend and I feel so much better for it. I did walk up to M&S yesterday for my vests, I thoroughly enjoyed the vest glitch and the Morrie's Muller glitch it was quite an interesting week.
    So I'm looking forward to a repeat of some sort this week. Please note I've now had 3NSD in a row and don't intend any grocery shopping today either. I'm going with Dd to Inspirations in Bromborough today. Does everyone who lives that way know about it? It a wholesaler, advertised as floristry but their Christmas decorations are amazing and even better at wholesale prices. I first discovered it through work but am going with Dd to start her Christmas decorations collection! They sell all sorts of homeward, we bought our dinning room furniture from there a couple of years ago. We had admired the collection at our local garden centre for years so when I saw it in there I couldn't believe it we saved hundreds
    I do have a membership card but I'm thinking it could be a good day out for emerald and Josie if you like that sort of thing. Last year they opened it to the public I will find out if that's still the case today and let you know.
    SPC9# 517 target £365. £692 SPC10 #. Target £365
    The wisdom you seek is already within you.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 10th Oct 16, 8:02 AM
    • 2,636 Posts
    • 24,963 Thanks
    Picasso7
    If you haven't got yours yet in T, one Optiwell, one can of cider (silver), 6 x 10p sweets for 50p, one banana and another 10p item will get you your shop for around the cost of the Opti and Cider after BG kicks in - which you will get back from CoS.

I got a shop to £3.88 as I was in a rush before 4pm close - free sweets ready for Halloween (if they last that long!)
    Originally posted by Anon
    Morning everyone. Trying to catch up a bit and am confused with the cashback apps. I thought once you claimed things disappeared from the apps? Mine haven't ! And someone said Shopmium would have blind pig back today. Mine hasn't. Missed that one!

Another thing. Sorry I said I was confused. CS and CoS have pictures of different flavours but say one claim. Did someone say you can get all three flavours and it counts as one claim please?

Many apologies for all the questions.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 10th Oct 16, 8:03 AM
    • 2,803 Posts
    • 24,772 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    There's quite a few vests available. And it is letting me order still.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Noooooooo stop it your getting as bad as Bubbs with her wine offers
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Oct 16, 8:06 AM
    • 16,463 Posts
    • 177,992 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Noooooooo stop it your getting as bad as Bubbs with her wine offers
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    But they're freeeeeeee
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • nuttybabe
    • By nuttybabe 10th Oct 16, 8:09 AM
    • 2,300 Posts
    • 20,755 Thanks
    nuttybabe
    Morning all

Coming out of lurkdom for a quick question. The 25% off wine, would that come off the full price of the bottle if it's on offer. I noticed last night some hardy's wine is £6.50 or 2 for £9 making them less than £3 a bottle (I think) if both discounts came off. Or are they excluded from the 25% off?

Thanks x
    • cjj
    • By cjj 10th Oct 16, 8:22 AM
    • 5,870 Posts
    • 78,351 Thanks
    cjj
    Can I please ask what banking/savings accounts people have been opting for ? Think they was talk of a Teskies one but can't remember details & I think there may have been another. Tia xx
    Family is not about blood.Its about who is willing to hold your hand when you need it most.

Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.. CJJ
    • tbw
    • By tbw 10th Oct 16, 8:22 AM
    • 4,554 Posts
    • 51,950 Thanks
    tbw
    Thanks TM, will try. A tiddly bit of work in the morning to do - should be able to finish it by 6.00, packing has nearly been done. Nothing has gone wrong so far, which is unusual. Not holding my breath.
    Originally posted by MKS
    Morning everyone. Trying to catch up a bit and am confused with the cashback apps. I thought once you claimed things disappeared from the apps? Mine haven't ! And someone said Shopmium would have blind pig back today. Mine hasn't. Missed that one!

Another thing. Sorry I said I was confused. CS and CoS have pictures of different flavours but say one claim. Did someone say you can get all three flavours and it counts as one claim please?

Many apologies for all the questions.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    I'm confused too! I got the Schwartz jars in threes for COS - they appear on Q click snap as well so does that mean I can get another lot ? Or are they the same company ?
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • WelshFarmerswife
    • By WelshFarmerswife 10th Oct 16, 8:27 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    WelshFarmerswife
    Good morning everyone, last day in Wales for a while, as of to our, other home in France, our son and family, will be left running the family farm.
    Wanted to let you I passed on all your messages to Rhos as there was so many we copied them and emailed so she knew so many people where thinking of her. She was chuffed and said to thank you all and say you have no idea how much the elites suport means to her.
    I also left her a suprise in the fridge , a few mullers, she will be shocked as i am the sort of friend who asks her to get the glitch as its to complicated for me. I am sure you all have one.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th Oct 16, 8:27 AM
    • 8,494 Posts
    • 97,905 Thanks
    emerald21

I did thanks Bubbs I've done nothing all weekend and I feel so much better for it. I did walk up to M&S yesterday for my vests, I thoroughly enjoyed the vest glitch and the Morrie's Muller glitch it was quite an interesting week.
    So I'm looking forward to a repeat of some sort this week. Please note I've now had 3NSD in a row and don't intend any grocery shopping today either. I'm going with Dd to Inspirations in Bromborough today. Does everyone who lives that way know about it? It a wholesaler, advertised as floristry but their Christmas decorations are amazing and even better at wholesale prices. I first discovered it through work but am going with Dd to start her Christmas decorations collection! They sell all sorts of homeward, we bought our dinning room furniture from there a couple of years ago. We had admired the collection at our local garden centre for years so when I saw it in there I couldn't believe it we saved hundreds
    I do have a membership card but I'm thinking it could be a good day out for emerald and Josie if you like that sort of thing. Last year they opened it to the public I will find out if that's still the case today and let you know.
    I was just trying to imagine your M & S lol . Yes it might well be indeed. Have to liven Nellie up ( I've emailed northern rail but no reply yet ). Birkenhead have got quite a good town centre as we found out a few weeks ago. Have you ever been there.

Good Morning all
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 10th Oct 16, 8:29 AM
    • 2,636 Posts
    • 24,963 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I'm confused too! I got the Schwartz jars in threes for COS - they appear on Q click snap as well so does that mean I can get another lot ? Or are they the same company ?
    Originally posted by tbw
    As long as you use a different receipt, yes, you can do them again. My problem is that I thought the offers disappeared when you'd claimed. 🙁
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Oct 16, 8:36 AM
    • 26,196 Posts
    • 387,933 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

Thank you for passing on the messages WelshFarmerswife
    Lost 3st-4lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Oct 16, 8:37 AM
    • 26,196 Posts
    • 387,933 Thanks
    tweets
    https://www.yeovalley.co.uk/things-to-do/fruit-machine

https://www.dorsetcereals.co.uk/collect-and-win/spin-to-win/

https://www.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk/win-things/bagatelle/

http://www.jenningsbrewery.co.uk/competitions/ftw/

http://www.nikwax.com/en-gb/webquiz/

Good Luck
    Lost 3st-4lb
    • pk04
    • By pk04 10th Oct 16, 8:43 AM
    • 2,806 Posts
    • 45,560 Thanks
    pk04
    morning all, very dark here

ta to all of the Muller hunters I got a set of Strawberry rice yesterday, oh is impressed - i used my APG on its final day

before we set off i checked my Q clicksnappy and it showed that i still had a milk to claim so i got 10 strawberry rice, one cherry corner, milk for work, snack pepperami and 6 Schwartz so £7.01 from Q and another apg for next time plus a nice one from a womble

i was going to do a 2nd shop but my store only had 7 cherry corners so i abandoned the 1st list
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Did you check the app or on your Quidco account - the app doesn't update when you claim (guess who bought milk after just checking the app even knowing this )

Morning all
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Oct 16, 8:48 AM
    • 3,286 Posts
    • 34,017 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• pk04
    • By pk04 10th Oct 16, 8:48 AM
    • 2,806 Posts
    • 45,560 Thanks
    pk04
    a quick question pretty please

I seem to have run out of gradual facial tan i seem to think i got the last lot in one of the poundshops, a Dove one and i think i got a few as a stockpile, don't remember running out before

in the meantime i am improvising with what i have - very minute dots from combined face and body graduals. its very subtle hardly noticeable but especially in the winter i end up looking like morticia with anaemia if i am not using it.

Ive been looking at what versions there are, things like Olay sunshine etc £8 - £10 price range

so when you ate in places like Home Bargain, B&M, poundshops etc and spot anything that looks likely please give a LOUD shout out
    Originally posted by mhoc
    http://www.superdrug.com/Normal-Skin/Dove-Summer-Glow-Lotion-Fair-to-Normal-250ml/p/247774

Any good? oos online but if you can get it instore buy 2 get the Free Patisserie de Bain Gift Set
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Oct 16, 8:53 AM
    • 3,286 Posts
    • 34,017 Thanks
    Serendipitious

Have a lovely time.

x
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 10th Oct 16, 8:54 AM
    • 2,803 Posts
    • 24,772 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    But they're freeeeeeee
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    STOP IT!!!
    I was just trying to imagine your M & S lol . Yes it might well be indeed. Have to liven Nellie up ( I've emailed northern rail but no reply yet ). Birkenhead have got quite a good town centre as we found out a few weeks ago. Have you ever been there.

Good Morning all
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Yes area years ago we got the train and then the ferry across the Mersey, you know the tune
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th Oct 16, 9:05 AM
    • 8,494 Posts
    • 97,905 Thanks
    emerald21
    STOP IT!!!

Yes area years ago we got the train and then the ferry across the Mersey, you know the tune

It's much improved since I was there years ago probabaly when I was a child lol
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,281Posts Today

7,127Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

• That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

• Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

• Follow Martin