Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,201Posts
    • 32,760Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1317
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 16, 8:39 PM
    • 41,721 Posts
    • 505,716 Thanks
    bubbs
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Why That week and where you going?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Oct 16, 8:40 PM
    • 13,026 Posts
    • 164,556 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Same here I just checked and that's when I am off
    Originally posted by tweets
    Come on holiday with us tweets x
    Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Oct 16, 8:40 PM
    • 10,620 Posts
    • 117,512 Thanks
    Anon
    I have to admit it is above my head, I have read and re-read. I think the Elite are getting more shopping from Waities at the moment.. so we maybe posh

I think a few Elite may have done £10,000 on the V3 with rinse and repeat.... I was an amateur... but I did get a lovely diamond ring!
    I got through "a few" 3V ... the CC paid for annual passes for the all our family to L3goland and other deals a few times, so cannot complain. As ever, I was late to that party and missed out on paying Council Tax or national savings - I was just starting to pay tax with them when they closed that loophole, then had just bought "a few" and had to convert into A giftcards through HSV before they stopped selling them. I was slightly worried I was going to end up sitting on some for a while, but it ended well in the end .

Anon
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 16, 8:40 PM
    • 41,721 Posts
    • 505,716 Thanks
    bubbs
    That's for us southerners, bubbs. Perhaps it's different dates up north.
    Originally posted by MKS
    I am not really a southerner though im in the middle
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Oct 16, 8:42 PM
    • 13,026 Posts
    • 164,556 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Why That week and where you going?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Anywhere....

We never go on holiday. OH always says 'we'll get something last minute' but my work diary gets full and we never get away... I need to get somewhere booked.

Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 16, 8:43 PM
    • 41,721 Posts
    • 505,716 Thanks
    bubbs
    Anywhere....

We never go on holiday. OH always says 'we'll get something last minute' but my work diary gets full and we never get away... I need to get somewhere booked.

Ahhh ok, well go end of month then if it does not have to be that week
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Oct 16, 8:44 PM
    • 13,026 Posts
    • 164,556 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I got through "a few" 3V ... the CC paid for annual passes for the all our family to L3goland and other deals a few times, so cannot complain. As ever, I was late to that party and missed out on paying Council Tax or national savings - I was just starting to pay tax with them when they closed that loophole, then had just bought "a few" and had to convert into A giftcards through HSV before they stopped selling them. I was slightly worried I was going to end up sitting on some for a while, but it ended well in the end .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I started with them later than you, can you imagine if we had got in there early.... my diamond would be huge! Hence trying to figure this one out x
    • tweets
    • By tweets 9th Oct 16, 8:46 PM
    • 26,252 Posts
    • 388,540 Thanks
    tweets
    Come on holiday with us tweets x
    No thanks I don't wish to go to Cambodia , Vietnam or Laos

Plus I not being a gooseberry

I am quite happy going to kerbstone edge
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 9th Oct 16, 8:46 PM
    • 5,086 Posts
    • 90,672 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Evening peeps.

I hope Bratavio go home.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 16, 8:47 PM
    • 41,721 Posts
    • 505,716 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening peeps.

I hope Bratavio go home.
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Me too
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Oct 16, 8:48 PM
    • 28,139 Posts
    • 396,534 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Well that is a polite way of saying something that others say with a few swear words!

The way that they were talking about the cards, it was like they were talking about v3 again... If it is something similar it is worth having a play x
    Persistence is a good quality

Anyone else looking at the wines......cheapest I can see works out about £3.50 a bottle......anyone found anything better?
    I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarian and we're sceptical.
    Arthur C Clarke.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 9th Oct 16, 8:48 PM
    • 9,030 Posts
    • 141,685 Thanks
    MKS
    Hello nan

And make sure you get a Superdrug loyalty cards and a Sparks card too.....there's been some good deals recently

Have a great holiday MKS in case I miss you later
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Thanks TM, will try. A tiddly bit of work in the morning to do - should be able to finish it by 6.00, packing has nearly been done. Nothing has gone wrong so far, which is unusual. Not holding my breath.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Oct 16, 8:48 PM
    • 13,026 Posts
    • 164,556 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Ahhh ok, well go end of month then if it does not have to be that week
    We have to be away for our anniversary, or it will just be another ordinary day.

OH has just found another toblerone.... god knows where he finds them!
    • tweets
    • By tweets 9th Oct 16, 8:48 PM
    • 26,252 Posts
    • 388,540 Thanks
    tweets
    Evening peeps.

I hope Bratavio go home.
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Me too
    And me
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 9th Oct 16, 8:48 PM
    • 5,086 Posts
    • 90,672 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Me too
    I hope the only way is down.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 16, 8:49 PM
    • 41,721 Posts
    • 505,716 Thanks
    bubbs
    They sound awful
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 9th Oct 16, 8:49 PM
    • 4,658 Posts
    • 58,159 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    I started with them later than you, can you imagine if we had got in there early.... my diamond would be huge! Hence trying to figure this one out x
    Well if you can collect enough avios, you could get "free" flights, although you still have to pay the taxes. For most of Europe it's a fixed amount of £35 per flight, but not sure it would get you to anywhere warm enough in February.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 16, 8:50 PM
    • 41,721 Posts
    • 505,716 Thanks
    bubbs
    We have to be away for our anniversary, or it will just be another ordinary day.

OH has just found another toblerone.... god knows where he finds them!
    Ahhh didnt realise it was your anniversary
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • tweets
    • By tweets 9th Oct 16, 8:51 PM
    • 26,252 Posts
    • 388,540 Thanks
    tweets
    Next year we can go on X Factor called The Elite I am sure we can get a group that can sing better than them
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Oct 16, 8:52 PM
    • 13,026 Posts
    • 164,556 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    No thanks I don't wish to go to Cambodia , Vietnam or Laos

Plus I not being a gooseberry

I am quite happy going to kerbstone edge
    Originally posted by tweets
    In that case, can you look after my baby for me please.... she hates going into a kennel (this is the main reason we don't have holidays)

Persistence is a good quality

Anyone else looking at the wines......cheapest I can see works out about £3.50 a bottle......anyone found anything better?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Well that is one way of saying it!

As the wine unfolds, everyone's wine store will be filling up for xmas!

Thanks TM, will try. A tiddly bit of work in the morning to do - should be able to finish it by 6.00, packing has nearly been done. Nothing has gone wrong so far, which is unusual. Not holding my breath.
    Originally posted by MKS
    Have a great holiday x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,279Posts Today

6,071Users online

Martin's Twitter