Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 11,204Posts
    • 32,760Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1315
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Oct 16, 6:18 PM
    • 13,034 Posts
    • 164,615 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Well, I went ferreting about the Waitrose website and it seems likely you can use the JL giftcards for a Waitrose online shop.

Which might be handy as my nearest is over 20 miles away.

Also Waities have an offer for new customers if you do 2 x £100 online shops (free delivery) between now and 4 Dec you get a £40 JL giftcard.

So 8 x £25 giftcards at T = 600 CC pts (is that right?)
    Plus £40 giftcard on 2 x £100 spend

Is this frugal?
    Probably not... unless I look on it as 3 months shopping
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    It maybe this, but people are doing 50 mile round trips for the cards so wonder if it is something we are not aware of x
    Frugal November £100 for 4 adults (one of which has a huge appetite!) fingers crossed.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 9th Oct 16, 6:19 PM
    • 19,042 Posts
    • 248,005 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    The KTC Spinach Puree tin has gone down in A to more than 10% cheaper than M (the only other place that has it, either instore in M or on online in respect of the other competitors). Therefore I kept it off an M shop. This product also isn't available in many Ms for me, so I wondered if they would have it on the APG (they should do surely, if they also had the KA cans earlier that also aren't in many Ms for me?). However, it's a epic fail that doesn't even provide any information as to whether the KTC product, fwiw now as A is >10% cheaper, is in the M collection stores or not. The product appears on the comp. at 800g, as per a.com, even though it is 795g and therefore it could be they have it at the 795g tin it is in M and don't see it as comparable as it has a different weight on the APG. So, I still have no idea from the APG as to whether the product is in any of their Ms or not (precisely the thing I was trying to find out, I have failed to do so). It's due to come off offer in M tomorrow and, if the A r'back continues, A will become more cheaper than actual M, although it is presumably a potential filler against everywhere including M as it is N/A for M.

1x KTC Spinach Puree (800G) £0.75 N/A

I don't know that it has had a downsize - I've 'always' had it at 795g although online (a.com but not msm) says 800g.

Vs T
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175G) £0.55 £0.55
    10x Muller Rice Strawberry (1X180G) £5.50 £3.00

I note Vanilla yogurt showing "Unavailable" on 'my' t.com today, so I did well there. (I do not know if it shows somewhere else in the country on t.com and msm signed out still has it for T.)

I did well on my bananas (I did have to buy two together as I was a little short of my APG spend) as I seem to have returned T 2p off (total) instead of 1p.

0.19x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (PER KG) £0.13 £0.12
    0.35x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (PER KG) £0.24 £0.23

Although the stores (A and T) are the same price (what a surprise!), T returns at 1p lower. This happens when, on the weight you have bought, it is 0.5p or more at the end of the price and thus rounds up and you pay the penny above but, when the APG is done, it takes the price you actually paid for A and, when doing the calculation on the same price per Kg. at the competitor, rounds the competitor price down. This only works against T now, as far as bananas are concerned as S and W are fairtrade so are non-comparable and M's bananas are no longer picked up for no apparent reason.

Hardly anything great as it's a penny, however I have worked out why T (and it used also to be M but no longer) sometimes returns a penny lower. I could have bought a slightly higher weight of banana and thus got a price of 13p rounded down, and then T would have been 13p as well. This was just fortuitous here and not planned. But, splitting the bananas, for other reasons best known to myself, allowed me to get an extra penny lower for T. However, I spent a penny more in the first place by missing my target and getting an 13p banana instead of the 12p one I needed to hit the exact spend.

In effect they actually overcharge you slightly on the bananas by rounding up the price for fractions of pence of 0.5p plus, and you only get the 10% cheaper than the competitor when doing an APG that works out overall best against T. But then you could have bought whoospied bananas cheaper, so I'm paying more for them anyway, although they would not help on an APG.

It's better as I moved the Spinach to a T shop - I was originally going to do vs M - and thus was able to get the Mullers that return more than anything I was going to get against M would have done. And my freezer is packed full anyway, so I couldn't get the freezer items today that would have been vs M (offers should still be on for a while).
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 09-10-2016 at 6:29 PM.
    M list - posts 3-13

M lost items - post 37.
    M lost list part 2 - page 4, post 145.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Oct 16, 6:24 PM
    • 3,336 Posts
    • 34,618 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    It maybe this, but people are doing 50 mile round trips for the cards so wonder if it is something we are not aware of x
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    It's a cheap way of getting Avios if you are into those, converting the CC points.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Anon
    • By Anon 9th Oct 16, 6:36 PM
    • 10,627 Posts
    • 117,590 Thanks
    Anon
    What asking staff
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Yes, in many cases we know more about stores than they do .

It is always a last resort asking directions ... or that may just be a man thing

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Oct 16, 6:42 PM
    • 10,627 Posts
    • 117,590 Thanks
    Anon
    Due to real life taking over not been on for about 6 months and my stashes are very low hope to get back into it and maybe start with the 20% of wine and stock up for xmas hope we have some good comparisons
    Originally posted by nan26
    Welcome back! While you have been away the cashback apps have really started to take off - make sure you need to have CoS, CS, TCB, Shopit, Shopm - others may know of others that I have missed.

Hth

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Oct 16, 6:45 PM
    • 10,627 Posts
    • 117,590 Thanks
    Anon
    It's a cheap way of getting Avios if you are into those, converting the CC points.
    It can be - the interest in JL in particular though may mean there is another angle - can you get a refund with JL on the GC ...? Use for currency exchange (though not the best at the moment)? Pay your JL or W credit card bill ...?

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 09-10-2016 at 7:36 PM.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 16, 6:49 PM
    • 41,757 Posts
    • 505,980 Thanks
    bubbs
    Are you trying to make me fat again ?

No thank you
    Originally posted by tweets
    Be like that then You will have roly poly
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 16, 6:53 PM
    • 41,757 Posts
    • 505,980 Thanks
    bubbs
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/news-just-tesco-now-stocking-amazon-john-lewis-waitrose-giftcards-get-massive-discount-2525495
    HOT
    COLD
    NEWS JUST IN: Tesco now stocking Amazon & John Lewis/ Waitrose Giftcards. Get massive discount on Amazon or John Lewis/ Waitrose when you buy giftcards @ Tesco £100.00 = potentially 13% discount/ saving
    it has a massive -66
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 16, 7:03 PM
    • 41,757 Posts
    • 505,980 Thanks
    bubbs
    Free will writing. Just make a donation if you want - Provided by Oxfam - £Nothing
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-will-writing-just-make-a-donation-want-provided-oxfam-nothing-2525224
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 16, 7:04 PM
    • 41,757 Posts
    • 505,980 Thanks
    bubbs
    Finish Classic 110 Dishwasher Tablets at Farmfoods £6.99 per box
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/finish-classic-110-dishwasher-tablets-farmfoods-6-99-per-box-2525392
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Oct 16, 7:14 PM
    • 3,336 Posts
    • 34,618 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    It can be - the interest in JL in particular though may mean there is another angle - can you get a refund with JL ...? Currency exchange?

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    90 day window for returns without a receipt isn't bad... generally speaking, but you'd only get it back as a GC anyway.

• If you're unhappy with your purchase, please let us know. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase
    • If you return your item to one of our shops and you'd like a refund but don't have your receipt, order confirmation or delivery note, we'll give you a gift card to the value of the current selling price

http://www.johnlewis.com/customer-services/information-about-ordering-and-returning-products
    Last edited by Serendipitious; 09-10-2016 at 7:24 PM.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• tweets
    • By tweets 9th Oct 16, 7:19 PM
    • 26,267 Posts
    • 388,634 Thanks
    tweets
    I might have to come and collect you then.
    We are waiting been and put my coat and emu boots on Poppy got lead and harness
    Lost 3st-2lb
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Oct 16, 7:23 PM
    • 3,336 Posts
    • 34,618 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    We are waiting been and put my coat and emu boots on Poppy got lead and harness
    Originally posted by tweets

I think we'll have to do it then

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 16, 7:27 PM
    • 41,757 Posts
    • 505,980 Thanks
    bubbs
    Persil non bio 525ml £1.50 at sainsburys down from £4
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/persil-non-bio-525ml-1-50-sainsburys-down-from-4-2525361
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 9th Oct 16, 7:29 PM
    • 449 Posts
    • 5,891 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    Dont know if this is new?

HOT
    COLD
    25% Off When You Buy 6 or More Bottles Of Wine at TESCO groceries
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/25-off-when-buy-6-more-bottles-wine-tesco-groceries-2525358
    Looks like this is on the grocery website for two days only. 10th and 11th. HUKD are suggesting this is online only but I don't think that is right as all Ts offers always say "offer valid For delivery from X until Y" which it would because we are looking at the online delivery website.

There should be some some brand match bargains T v A, I've looked on MSM (check A website before buying) and found these all cheaper at A.

Barefoot Pinot Grigio
    Gallo family white Grenache
    Harry's stamp Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon
    Barefoot white zinfandel
    Cono sur bicicleta sauvignon blanc
    Cono sur bicicleta Pinot noir
    Torres Sanger de toro catalunya
    Faust into VII Rioja
    Cassllero del diablo Shiraz

There are probably more as I've only had a quick look.

SweetnSavvy
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 16, 7:31 PM
    • 41,757 Posts
    • 505,980 Thanks
    bubbs
    The 25% off wine , according to hduk is 1 day only
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 16, 7:31 PM
    • 41,757 Posts
    • 505,980 Thanks
    bubbs
    snap didnt see you post that
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Oct 16, 7:34 PM
    • 10,627 Posts
    • 117,590 Thanks
    Anon
    Amended my post - I doubt that is what they are referring to, sorry I wasn't clear, I meant the gc ...

It may just be that many of them shop in JL or W?

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 09-10-2016 at 7:38 PM.
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 9th Oct 16, 7:52 PM
    • 449 Posts
    • 5,891 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    The 25% off wine , according to hduk is 1 day only
    Tesco website says from 10th until 11th.

SnS
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 16, 7:57 PM
    • 41,757 Posts
    • 505,980 Thanks
    bubbs
    Tesco website says from 10th until 11th.

SnS
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    That cant be right 1 day
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,211Posts Today

6,523Users online

Martin's Twitter