Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 10,911Posts
    • 31,976Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1125
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 23rd Sep 16, 3:40 AM
    • 13,626 Posts
    • 165,135 Thanks
    mhoc
    only me awake.

OH was snoring loud enough to be heard all over the house so I get up at 2.30, the living room was an oasis of calm, fire still glowing and 2 black cats asleep - despite still being able to hear Oh from above.

Then Treacle cat decided to use the litter tray, 5 mins of manic scrabbling and sending wood chip in all directions followed by a really stinky poo. So I swap the 2 trays around and put the stinky one in the bathroom and the clean tray in the dining room. I then have to vaccum up the wood chip littered all over the dining room floor and Febreeze everywhere - it still stinks

think I will make hot chocolate and then decide which is the least worse option - the stinky fe breezed downstairs or upstairs with snoring Oh
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 23rd Sep 16, 3:50 AM
    • 13,626 Posts
    • 165,135 Thanks
    mhoc
    I can recommend Our Girl on BBC1/iPlayer, military drama with Michelle Keegan (and other actors, obviously ). I missed the first series but am really getting into it - 3 episodes in so far.

Paranoid on ITV1 (tonight 9pm) also looks like it will be a good one too - crime drama .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Paranoid was partly filmed in Tarporley about 20 miles from here so that's 8 weeks of trying to spot bits of CHESHIRE.
    tonight they did house to house in Burland - its on the Wrexham road and the cottages are very distinctive
    (also noticed the windmill just off the junction on google maps it has a very distinctive shadow )
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • ChelseaFred
    • By ChelseaFred 23rd Sep 16, 3:55 AM
    • 301 Posts
    • 4,124 Thanks
    ChelseaFred
    I'm here but only just!
    Been catching up as very busy at work recently so have been mia for a while now.
    Just off up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire. Need my beauty sleep as busy day later packing for our Med Cruise from Sunday.

Good night/morning,

ChelseaFred
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 23rd Sep 16, 4:46 AM
    • 12,566 Posts
    • 221,376 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good morning from Altrincham
    Awake and ready to leave for airport. Never stayed in a Travelodge before. Very pleased with everything.

Got here late as lots of road diversions. So good move, as leaving home this morning would of made us very late :T
    Catch you from Salou xxxxxx
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 23rd Sep 16, 6:34 AM
    • 2,560 Posts
    • 22,020 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning, have a lovely holiday Snap.
    After yesterday's disappointment over the curtains and tossers removing my code my hopes are set on waities and zippy fish.
    Work calls today but hopefully I'll have time to come on and say whether it worked or not.
    Life is a journey not a destination!

SPC9# 517 target £365
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 23rd Sep 16, 6:51 AM
    • 38,182 Posts
    • 474,178 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morning all
    Snap have a lovely holiday
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015 £380
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £400 for 2016
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • queen of cheap
    • By queen of cheap 23rd Sep 16, 6:52 AM
    • 15,947 Posts
    • 273,359 Thanks
    queen of cheap
    Happy holidays Snap
    I thought this site was supposed to SAVE me money...?!

Debt free 24th September 2014

Every penny is a prisoner
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 23rd Sep 16, 6:56 AM
    • 38,182 Posts
    • 474,178 Thanks
    bubbs
    printable online
    £5 off £40 spend at LIDL voucher - FREE with Metro Newspaper - Friday
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/5-off-40-spend-lidl-voucher-free-with-metro-newspaper-friday-2516210
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 23rd Sep 16, 7:06 AM
    • 38,182 Posts
    • 474,178 Thanks
    bubbs
    No7 Stay Perfect Instant Tan Lotion Medium/Dark 125ml Was £12.50 Now £4.00 or 3 for £8 free C&C @ Boots - Online Only - Friday Flash Sale
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/no7-stay-perfect-instant-tan-lotion-medium-dark-125ml-was-12-50-now-4-3-for-8-free-2516304
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 23rd Sep 16, 7:31 AM
    • 2,950 Posts
    • 39,429 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

Snap hope you have a fab holiday

I am hoping the local T express stocks the free cider as I will not be traveling miles tonight

Enjoy whatever you do

Any advice on the lidl coupon in the metro It says online copies not accepted Thanks
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 23rd Sep 16, 7:32 AM
    • 4,376 Posts
    • 54,857 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Have a wonderful holiday Snap and a fab cruise ChelseaFred.

Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

participating in frugal October...£0 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 23rd Sep 16, 8:17 AM
    • 13,626 Posts
    • 165,135 Thanks
    mhoc
    morning all

a question please for the landlords on the group pretty please.

in the new flat (eldest sons + GF, moved in finally yesterday afternoon) they have no hot water. They have called the landlord but the system they operate is that he has a team that he passes maintainence issues onto so goodness knows when a chap will come out to fix the problem Fortunately GFs new company seem very flexible but if its not today she is away most of next week

they don't know what sort of boiler it is but I am assuming its some sort of combi boiler that boils water as it passes over the pipes and its a little cupboard over the sink. My only experience of combi boilers is in M-I-L house and when the hot water stopped there we had a BG contract so they came out within a day to fix - I think it was a problem with the outside flue ...

anyway is there anything obvious that we can check in the meantime to see if just a minor obvious problem?

Eldest son says there is also a worrying damp patch above the boiler - we don't know yet if this is a mould patch. Maybe the patch and the boiler are connected ????
    • tweets
    • By tweets 23rd Sep 16, 8:23 AM
    • 25,697 Posts
    • 382,610 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 23rd Sep 16, 8:27 AM
    • 25,697 Posts
    • 382,610 Thanks
    tweets
    https://www.yeovalley.co.uk/things-to-do/fruit-machine

https://www.dorsetcereals.co.uk/collect-and-win/spin-to-win/

https://www.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk/win-things/bagatelle/

http://www.jenningsbrewery.co.uk/

http://www.nikwax.com/en-gb/webquiz/

Good Luck
    Lost 3st-5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 23rd Sep 16, 8:28 AM
    • 25,697 Posts
    • 382,610 Thanks
    tweets
    ms-money-penny was yesterday's smartest player!

23 players played

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Friday): *** FunTrivia Mixed Bag (default)
    Lost 3st-5lb
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 23rd Sep 16, 8:48 AM
    • 2,757 Posts
    • 28,117 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 23rd Sep 16, 9:09 AM
    • 2,560 Posts
    • 22,020 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    It's just not my ask for working glitches, zippy fish was a failure but also a disaster. I was three boxes missing to start with and one had been substituted plus the driver worked on the fruit and veg department but someone had phoned in sick so they sent him out. He didn't have a clue so goodness knows what I will get refunded. Watch this space. Twine should be co ng today so I ready for two boxes of sherry after this week's successes haha.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Life is a journey not a destination!

SPC9# 517 target £365
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 23rd Sep 16, 9:16 AM
    • 3,822 Posts
    • 86,249 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Morning
    It's a bit of a sore point...yes Mr TM uses it post race but I would sooner he had a chicken leg
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Think i'm with Mr TM on this one Dare say he'll have done more research into post workout nutrition than you

, fire still glowing
    Originally posted by mhoc
    You have the fire on
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.
    "Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations."
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 23rd Sep 16, 9:26 AM
    • 13,626 Posts
    • 165,135 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning

Think i'm with Mr TM on this one Dare say he'll have done more research into post workout nutrition than you

You have the fire on
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    yes we are very nesh, gets quite chilly at night here, Cheshire is under cloud cover most of the day. We had GF here for a few nights and she really feels the cold so she liked having a fire to sit next to
    • Perranlady
    • By Perranlady 23rd Sep 16, 9:36 AM
    • 1,280 Posts
    • 18,411 Thanks
    Perranlady
    printable online
    £5 off £40 spend at LIDL voucher - FREE with Metro Newspaper - Friday
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/5-off-40-spend-lidl-voucher-free-with-metro-newspaper-friday-2516210
    Originally posted by bubbs
    just noticed in the T & C that it says printed copies from online are not valid - cannot remember seeing that in the past?? Not sure if to try and use or not.....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,440Posts Today

6,560Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: What proportion of your usual monthly spending do you do in cash (ie not plastic, bank transfer, cheque etc)

• RT @GemmaRobyn: @MartinSLewis my parents earned +£50k but it didn't mean they could afford to help. I worked 2 jobs at uni to get by. Why b?

• RT @JackieMutlow: @MartinSLewis @GMB Daughters loans not enough we pay 2 months rent a year (2x £410) AND £250 a month for food, train etc?

• Follow Martin