Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    • 10,911Posts
    • 31,978Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:27 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread 16th Jun 16 at 8:27 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

Please see post number 2 for all the relevant information on the thread. Savvybuyer's excellent lists are in the subsequent posts.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!
    Last edited by redfox; 16-06-2016 at 9:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1120
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 4:11 PM
    • 25,385 Posts
    • 354,720 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    does everyone have the same code?
    Originally posted by mhoc
    If it's a 6 digit code starting XX then probably yes.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 22nd Sep 16, 4:14 PM
    • 38,203 Posts
    • 474,360 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    TS hope you find it x
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015 380
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 400 for 2016
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 4:18 PM
    • 25,385 Posts
    • 354,720 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Afternoon all
    TS hope you find it x
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Thanks bubbs air been a bit blue round here today.

I really have run out of places to look...20 for a new one.

Think it was the most precious thing I have in my handbag too, was valid until 2025. So if I get a photocard one will have to do a renewal too.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 22nd Sep 16, 4:18 PM
    • 2,560 Posts
    • 22,029 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    I've had a text off home base cancelling my curtains I knew it was going to happen but still disappointing.
    Last edited by diluvsdiscounts; 22-09-2016 at 4:21 PM.
    Life is a journey not a destination!

SPC9# 517 target 365
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 4:20 PM
    • 25,385 Posts
    • 354,720 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I've had a text off home base dance!king my curtains �� I knew it was going to happen but still disappointing.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Sorry Di but I had to frame that what I assume is predictive text.

Shame not been honoured. Would have been lovely glitch to have got for your DD. x
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 4:49 PM
    • 25,385 Posts
    • 354,720 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Just phoned Wetherspoons back as not heard anything. Don't think the right hand knows what the left hand is doing there. She said she will ask around the managers, and to ring tomorrow.

Mr TS thinks if a youngster/cleaner found it they may have assumed was rubbish as it was so tatty. For a start licence had been through washing machine and was partly sellotaped but so is his. But he has a newer plastic cover on his...

Sorry everyone I am going on a bit aren't I?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 22nd Sep 16, 4:49 PM
    • 38,203 Posts
    • 474,360 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thanks bubbs air been a bit blue round here today.

I really have run out of places to look...20 for a new one.

Think it was the most precious thing I have in my handbag too, was valid until 2025. So if I get a photocard one will have to do a renewal too.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Awww you never know
    I've had a text off home base cancelling my curtains I knew it was going to happen but still disappointing.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Boooo but got to be in it to win it
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    FOR ALL YOU MOANERS , LOOSE GRAPES, MUSHROOM DOES NOT COUNT ON APG DO NOT BUY AS FILLER
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 22nd Sep 16, 4:51 PM
    • 38,203 Posts
    • 474,360 Thanks
    bubbs
    Sorry Di but I had to frame that what I assume is predictive text.

Shame not been honoured. Would have been lovely glitch to have got for your DD. x
    I sent a message to a friend yesterday should have said fingers crossed, instead it said gingers crossed
    She sent one back saying that made me laugh, i hadnt notice it i sent one back saying good job you are not ginger
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 22nd Sep 16, 4:54 PM
    • 38,203 Posts
    • 474,360 Thanks
    bubbs
    FREEBIE: Blind Pigs Cider (355ml) via Checkoutsmart App - 1.99 @ Tesco Only...
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/freebie-blind-pigs-cider-355ml-via-checkoutsmart-app-1-99-tesco-only-2516008
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    Happy now?
    • auto.armadillo
    • By auto.armadillo 22nd Sep 16, 5:10 PM
    • 846 Posts
    • 16,329 Thanks
    auto.armadillo
    thanks y'all for your input to the thread I got the chocs @ Tesco and also some hipp pouches along with more mags xxx
    We are many we are one xxx

So that every single post that I contribute to this thread is on topic I would just like to say I am an elite 11+ member and I hear the unjust silence of my opinions whilst I am shopping in supermarkets mainly. Just sayin.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 22nd Sep 16, 5:33 PM
    • 26,629 Posts
    • 381,731 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good Morning

Looks like this multibuy ending today

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/2-for-pound350/ls87077

Little dish

3 for 5 or 2.50 each

1.75 in tesco so should compare 7.50 v 5.25.

Returning 2.77 on 5 spend
    Originally posted by savvy sal

With all of these baby food and nappy glitches, it's almost worth having another baby

Well not me obviously

Just checking in to see if it's still curtains for the ladies
    Dirty days hath September,
    April, June and November,
    All the rest are dirty too,
    Except February -
    And that's positively filthy
    • mazworld15
    • By mazworld15 22nd Sep 16, 5:35 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 1,670 Thanks
    mazworld15
    Sorry if this has already been posted, 2 x Wave Break Chardonnay worked today woth maks meal deal took of 16 for the wine and 4 for 2 for 12 so each meal deal was 8 i think x
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 22nd Sep 16, 5:41 PM
    • 5,383 Posts
    • 74,786 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    JL vouchers in the post today for hot drink and cake or soup. Also a 5 giftcard when you spend 50. Just bloomin ordered that Nutribullet too

Some Garnier stuff came in the post too....sachets of moisturiser I think ....thanks to op
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly

I had mine today, also got a free cake and coffee at Bullring Birmingham, as well as my local.

Well we are all packed & ready to go but.... we don't leave until after 7pm My friend has to go to running club (????) but what will be will be.

tweets need you tomorrow please for QUIZ
    Originally posted by Snap-ant

Have a fab holiday.

Tinyshoes, hope you find your driving licence.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 513 -------- 500.00
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 22nd Sep 16, 5:43 PM
    • 26,629 Posts
    • 381,731 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Sorry to hear the curtains are cancelled
    But you know it's always worth trying....sometimes the odd one gets through.

And the best news today.......Mary Berry.......good on yer
    Dirty days hath September,
    April, June and November,
    All the rest are dirty too,
    Except February -
    And that's positively filthy
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 22nd Sep 16, 5:49 PM
    • 4,535 Posts
    • 69,149 Thanks
    savvy sal
    Tried the little dish meals they were priced @ 2.50 in store went through as multi save.but compared at the offer price

1x Little Dish 1yr+ Chicken & Veg Risotto (200G) 1.67 1.75
    1x Little Dish 1yr+ Cottage Pie (200G) 1.66 1.75
    1x Little Dish 1yr+ Spaghetti & Meatballs (200G) 1.67 1.75
    Comparison total (compared products only) 6.00 6.25
    cheaper +0.25
    Originally posted by nanx4
    I'm sorry it didn't work.All the signs are/were there that it should have done.
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 22nd Sep 16, 5:51 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 13,328 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Free pint of beer 22nd September to 2nd October. You need to have a smartphone or tablet to claim. It is not a printable voucher.

http://freedrinkpubs.co.uk/

Choose the pub and it asks you to show code on your phone at the bar, I haven't gone to the end screen as I'm not anywhere near a pub at the moment.
    Thank you, I can't see what pubs these are accepted in, does anyone know please?
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 22nd Sep 16, 5:55 PM
    • 4,535 Posts
    • 69,149 Thanks
    savvy sal
    another afternoon in the house rather than playing in the garden as they are blasting away with shot guns at some defenceless rabbit or bird again in the fields around us

so I thought I'd have a go at sorting out a basket next to the printer which I innocently thought was just mixed up printer paper - we have 2 sorts, clean paper for official print offs and stuff which has been previously used on one side for other random prints like MOCS and copies of invoices etc, so they just needed separating and putting into the print paper drawers.

Instead the basket alongside the printer paper was the biggest collection of random paper possible Some was suitable for going straight into the recycling paper basket, some for the cardboard recycle, some for incinerating, some little notebooks which went into the Christmas shoe boxes, a few statements and salary slips that were current and went into the filing basket and some old bank statements (now added to another box of statements which needs to be organised and/or culled on a wet autumn afternoon)
    But also there was just about every invoice for every item that we have ever bought online over about 5 years Some like the marks sale bargains and the underwear from Debenhams receipts were easily culled but then things like anything electronic I had to find out if we still had the item or not. I found the receipt and header card for the Friskas weeder which has a 10 year guarantee and the receipts and guarantee for cases which have 5 years guarantee and the Pandora receipts, both sets of receipts for the garmins we bought (both garmins despite their age we are sentimentally attached to and the stories of how we got them and places we went to with them ) Most randomly was the invoice for our dyson, possibly the very first thing I bought online 16 years ago - my mum had inherited a tiny bit of money so she gave us (me and 2 sisters) all some and I used it to part pay for the dyson - very sentimentally attached even though it is now a purple, lime, grey and orange dyson

One of those quite sorting out jobs that takes forever and you end up wanting to run away screaming from but at least its finally done and dusted and one basket of rhubarb less and apart from some light filing there is just a huge basket of cruise memorabilia to sort and the basket with old bank statements to organise/cull
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I sometimes think that life was a lot simpler in the olden days.Cash in your paypacket.Before privatisation ..One British Rail. One British Telecom.One gas and one Electric bill.Water rates paid with the council tax which was called rates.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 5:56 PM
    • 25,385 Posts
    • 354,720 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Thank you, I can't see what pubs these are accepted in, does anyone know please?
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    You actually have to go part way through claiming to see which pubs it's available in. You can put name of town in and change it to see. Nearest one to me was about 5 miles away, I also tried S'ton as we will be there Monday. Doesn't look like it's a particular brand of pubs to me, might be independents. Mr TS gave me the link so it will be real ale pubs.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 22nd Sep 16, 6:02 PM
    • 12,567 Posts
    • 221,401 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Drums fingers, Just wasting time here, finished book, long bath, started new (old) book, read paper, cut fringe, drunk a gallon of Rescue Remedy plucked stray leg hairs that missed being waxed away, I could be searching for TSs licence for something to keep me occupied if I was nearer

Weather in Salou looks dire thunderstorms
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 22nd Sep 16, 6:02 PM
    • 25,385 Posts
    • 354,720 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    Josie I just found the T&Cs too if it's any help...

Terms and Conditions

1.The free pint voucher entitles the bearer to ONE free pint of cask ale in participating pubs between Thursday 22nd September to Sunday 2nd October 2016.
    2.The voucher can only be redeemed at the named pub that you have selected on the Free Pint website app.
    3.The voucher is only valid for use between the dates as stated in point 1 above and can only be redeemed for a pint of cask ale*.
    4.There are 70 free pints in each participating pub which are available on a first come, first served basis. The promotion will end in the pub either when all of the free pints have been claimed, or at midnight on the closing date, whichever occurs first.
    5.The voucher cannot be used with any other offer or discount and it cannot be sold or exchanged for cash or any alternative product*.
    6.Only one free pint voucher may be redeemed per customer per pub.
    7.It is not the intention of this promotion in any way to encourage excessive amounts of alcohol, or drink irresponsibly.
    8.This offer is only open to customers who are residents of the UK (excluding Scotland and Northern Ireland) who have accessed their voucher via the Free Pint website app and must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity may be required.
    9.The voucher has no cash value and can only be redeemed once.
    10.A valid email address or Facebook account will be required to access the voucher. The Free Pint website app can only be accessed using a smartphone or tablet there is no printed alternative.
    11.The participating pub may refuse a voucher at their sole discretion.
    12.The promotion may be withdrawn or subject to change without notice.
    13.The decision of the Promoter or the landlord at the participating pub is final.
    14.Offer is subject to availability.
    15.If you have any difficulties using this Free Pint Promotion web app please email contactcentre@punchtaverns.com

* If you would prefer not to redeem your voucher for a pint of cask ale, soft drink options will be available

Promoter: Punch, Jubilee House, Second Avenue, Burton on Trent, DE14 2WF

This promotion is not available in Scotland due to Scottish Licensing Laws
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

100Posts Today

1,451Users online

Martin's Twitter